HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Trade Proposal/Rumours/FA Talk - TRADE DEADLINE VERSION - Kaberle Going?

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2011, 12:01 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

vCash: 500
All Trade Proposal/Rumours/FA Talk - TRADE DEADLINE VERSION - Kaberle Going?

Continue here, other one close to the limits.

Old
02-16-2011, 12:03 AM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
This move by Boston deffinatly peaks everyones interest as its obvious they're gearing up to depart with a forward or two.

Burke, Rick Curran and Boston managment have been so tight lipped about this entire thing, and thats the way they want it to be.

This thing wont exactly leak until the day they decide to pull the trigger and they start informing players and their families.

That being said, there is obviously discussions being had between the two teams with Kaberle being the focal point.

At this rate, it'll get done...but the question is, what pieces will be coming Torontos way, and will pieces be attached along with Kaberle (picks, Bozak, prospect?).

Blake Wheeler has always been a topic of discussion in Burke circles, but you can be sure Burkes prime target is going to be Marchand. Burke will also have to absorb salary, so we could very well see a Wheeler + Boston 1st + Mark Stuart/Boychuk type of deal.

Regardless, interesting times in Toronto!
I think Wheeler and Stuart have to come back. We need a dman to replace Kabby, and well, Wheeler has been speculated to TO forever.

I just hope Burke gets this done before Boston directs its attention at Bogo.

Old
02-16-2011, 12:09 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

ah okay thats where things went lollll i was wondering what just happened

Old
02-16-2011, 12:10 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Bob McKenzie has a word for you:

TSNBobMcKenzie
Also, memo to delusional Leaf fans who think they may get 2011 1st rder back from BOS. It is NOT happening except in your dreams.
9 minutes ago via Twitter for iPad

Old
ChuckWoods

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
I think Wheeler and Stuart have to come back. We need a dman to replace Kabby, and well, Wheeler has been speculated to TO forever.

I really dont think they'll want to pay up for Bogo.

He's going to cost an absolute premium, and even tho Boston has all of the pieces to aquire him, Kaberle would most likely help them more now than in the future. And they're looking towards today rather than 2 or 3 years for now.

I think Kaberle is their #1 target, and Im pretty sure Kaberle will waive for Boston.

Last year he had them, Tampa and Pittsburgh on his short list.

Old
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post

Bogosian at one point was projected to be even better than doughty although doughty has overpassed him big time, so i really hope we can some how get bogosian and get on that guy over here.

Old
02-16-2011, 12:11 AM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post

TSNBobMcKenzie
Also, memo to delusional Leaf fans who think they may get 2011 1st rder back from BOS. It is NOT happening except in your dreams.
Yeah, pretty much. Nobody should be expecting the pick back.

Old
02-16-2011, 12:12 AM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
I really dont think they'll want to pay up for Bogo.

He's going to cost an absolute premium, and even tho Boston has all of the pieces to aquire him, Kaberle would most likely help them more now than in the future. And they're looking towards today rather than 2 or 3 years for now.

I think Kaberle is their #1 target, and Im pretty sure Kaberle will waive for Boston.

Last year he had them, Tampa and Pittsburgh on his short list.
Anything serious going on Chuck? Anything imminent?

Old
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:

TSNBobMcKenzie
Im taking this as Bob knows whats on the table.....

Old
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Bogosian at one point was projected to be even better than doughty although doughty has overpassed him big time, so i really hope we can some how get bogosian and get on that guy over here.
I remember him being referred to as the next Bourque.

He is available, and i would love to grab him, but the cost is likely sky high.

Old
02-16-2011, 12:13 AM
Defense

My apologies I got confused by some ******* who made some fake McKenzie twitter account. I forgot to look that this fake account only had 14 followers. My apologies.

Old
02-16-2011, 12:15 AM
ChuckWoods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post
Anything serious going on Chuck? Anything imminent?
I'd say this is the closest Kaberle has been to being out the door since the miscommunication between Burke and Chia on the draft floor.

Nothing is imminent in the NHL tho. Deals fall through last minute all the time.

And all parties have asked for complete silence on this, so its going to be hard to follow for everyone inquiring.

You'll hear it from Bobby Mack or Dreger before anyone else IMO.

There is more talk, gossip and rumors going around the Leafs organization than a womans Nail Salon.

Burke has informed everyone that deals will continue to be made, and this Kaberle deal has been a long time coming.

Old
02-16-2011, 12:16 AM
Sergei Berezin

If Kelly got a 2nd... what could Sjostrom get?

Old
02-16-2011, 12:17 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defence View Post
My apologies I got confused by some ******* who made some fake McKenzie twitter account. I forgot to look that this fake account only had 14 followers. My apologies.
it's okay, everyone gets screwed up by those man lol

Old
02-16-2011, 12:17 AM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defence View Post
Yeah, it's easy to get excited when you see the breaking news of a trade, must be hard to think clearly.

I don't know why some people insist on making these fake accounts.

Old
02-16-2011, 12:19 AM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Berezin View Post
If Kelly got a 2nd... what could Sjostrom get?
I would think he would fetch a 4th.

Kelly is a much better player than Sjostrom, and is locked up through next season. Sjostrom is a UFA.

You never know though, maybe someone overpays and gives a 3rd rounder, but that is the most i could see.

Old
02-16-2011, 12:19 AM
Boom King

Quote:
Peter Cirelli also said the Bruins are targeting 9 other D-men and warned not to expect a "home run" type of deal. Could be a shot at Burke to lower his asking price on Kaberle.

Old
02-16-2011, 12:21 AM
ChuckWoods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom King View Post
Peter Cirelli also said the Bruins are targeting 9 other D-men and warned not to expect a "home run" type of deal. Could be a shot at Burke to lower his asking price on Kaberle.
Deffinatly.

Chia is playing hardball all the time. He's a smart man with a wealthy of hockey knowledge and an eye for a good deal.

The fact that there are so many teams looking to deal at this point doesnt really bode that well for Burkes asking price when it comes to Boston. And if indeed Kaberle will only waive to Boston, then he's really in a pickle.

I personally think the reason Burke and Curran asked for complete silence during this point in time is because Kaberle only wants to go to Boston, and Burke wants to maximize his return instead of being completely handcuffed if facts get out that Kaberle only wants to go to Boston.

The only thing Burke has on Chia is that he knows he'll fit great in the Boston system and that Boston has a good chance of re-signing him to a reasonable contract.

If Burke plays this right, he'll walk away with a good deal. If he doesnt...he'll walk away with nothing. And I literally mean nothing since Kaberle may not be sold on resigning in Toronto anymore.

Old
02-16-2011, 12:24 AM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
I'd say this is the closest Kaberle has been to being out the door since the miscommunication between Burke and Chia on the draft floor.

Nothing is imminent in the NHL tho. Deals fall through last minute all the time.

And all parties have asked for complete silence on this, so its going to be hard to follow for everyone inquiring.

You'll hear it from Bobby Mack or Dreger before anyone else IMO.

There is more talk, gossip and rumors going around the Leafs organization than a womans Nail Salon.

Burke has informed everyone that deals will continue to be made, and this Kaberle deal has been a long time coming.
Long time coming eh? Very interesting. Pieces falling together for sure. I'm really worried about the return. I have a feeling it's going to be very bad for us, worse than the Kessel deal. Something like Ryder, Bos 1st, and Hamil-- which would fit the mould of pick, prospect, and roster player to step in immediately, while also taking salary back in Ryder.

Thanks for the update.

Old
02-16-2011, 12:26 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Deffinatly.

Chia is playing hardball all the time. He's a smart man with a wealthy of hockey knowledge and an eye for a good deal.

The fact that there are so many teams looking to deal at this point doesnt really bode that well for Burkes asking price when it comes to Boston. And if indeed Kaberle will only waive to Boston, then he's really in a pickle.

I personally think the reason Burke and Curran asked for complete silence during this point in time is because Kaberle only wants to go to Boston, and Burke wants to maximize his return instead of being completely handcuffed if facts get out that Kaberle only wants to go to Boston.

The only thing Burke has on Chia is that he knows he'll fit great in the Boston system and that Boston has a good chance of re-signing him to a reasonable contract.

If Burke plays this right, he'll walk away with a good deal. If he doesnt...he'll walk away with nothing. And I literally mean nothing since Kaberle may not be sold on resigning in Toronto anymore.
colborne any chance at all!?! lol

Old
02-16-2011, 12:26 AM
ChuckWoods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post
Long time coming eh? Very interesting. Pieces falling together for sure. I'm really worried about the return. I have a feeling it's going to be very bad for us, worse than the Kessel deal. Something like Ryder, Bos 1st, and Hamil.

Thanks for the update.
But what everyone must understand is;

A) Does Burke truly believe this team has what it takes to make a push for the playoffs? If he does, he doesnt move Kaberle for that sort of package.

B) Burke decides he wont be making the playoffs with this squad, nor will he be able to resign Kaberle. He then moves him for a less than stellar package to at least get something out of potentially nothing in a few months.

C) Burke just outright resigns Kaberle in the coming days to squash all rumors.

We'll know sooner rather than later.

Old
02-16-2011, 12:28 AM
Defense

Hey mods, could you bring down my foolish thread on the main page? I'm sure I've freaked out some people. I am sincerely sorry. I know some people have heart attacks and more will do so if it's left on there.

I googled Bob McKenzie and did not realize it was the fake one.

Again my apologies.

Old
02-16-2011, 12:29 AM
Boom King

Bob McKenzie:

"My guess on 9 dmen on BOS wish list (no order): Kaberle, Pitkanen, Brewer, McCabe, Phillips, Jovanovski, Bogosian, OK, ran out of names. "

Old
02-16-2011, 12:30 AM
javier

Quote:

TSNBobMcKenzie
Another case of obvious trolling. Just in case any of you aren't aware TSNBobMcKenzie is a fake acount, tsnbobmckenzie is the real one. Twitter is case sensitive. I wish these trolls would either get a life or end it, I really dont care which.

Old
02-16-2011, 12:31 AM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom King View Post
Bob McKenzie:

"My guess on 9 dmen on BOS wish list (no order): Kaberle, Pitkanen, Brewer, McCabe, Phillips, Jovanovski, Bogosian, OK, ran out of names. "
Only Kabs, Pitkanen, and Bogo solve their PP issues immediately and with great impact.

Closed Thread