HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

All Trade Proposal/Rumours/FA Talk - TRADE DEADLINE VERSION - Kaberle Going?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-20-2011, 11:49 PM
  #926
MoreMogilny
Cap'n
 
MoreMogilny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oshawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post
maybe

Kessel + 2 1st rd

for

Schenn + Hickey + Scuderi
Awful, awful deal for the Leafs.

Get rid of Kessel in this deal, as well as Hickey and Scuderi.

Work around the picks, and someone like MacArthur or maybe Kulemin. Obviously if we are giving Kulemin, we wouldn't really want to give up picks, but it's just an example.

MoreMogilny is offline  
Old
02-20-2011, 11:52 PM
  #927
Ritzie
Registered User
 
Ritzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmillz View Post
Burke does want Schenn, and LA wants to win soon and B.Schenn won't be part of that. Burke will have to bend over and take it in the a$$ to get him, but it's one of those things. LA doesn't want to trade the asset, but everyone has a price.

It may involve Kessel and a first + prospect. Severe overpayment. But Burke would have a solid young core that theoretically should all peak at the same time.

I'd do it, and then duck the bullets.
Really? Why is that exactly?

edit: Kessel straight-up for B. Schenn is a fleecing. That's not being a homer. That's ****ing reality. Last I checked, B. Schenn has done DICK in the NHL.

Ritzie is offline  
Old
02-20-2011, 11:52 PM
  #928
Chandrashekhar Limit
Kunitz sucks balls
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waterloo, ON
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 15,778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post
maybe

Kessel + 2 1st rd

for

Schenn + Hickey + Scuderi
Do you like it when the leafs take it up the ass? This sure as hell suggests that.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline  
Old
02-20-2011, 11:55 PM
  #929
Superstar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreMogilny View Post
Awful, awful deal for the Leafs.

Get rid of Kessel in this deal, as well as Hickey and Scuderi.

Work around the picks, and someone like MacArthur or maybe Kulemin. Obviously if we are giving Kulemin, we wouldn't really want to give up picks, but it's just an example.
I'm not giving up Kulemin for Schenn. We need Kulemin as much as we need a centre. At this stage, Kulemin is alot better than Schenn. Kulemin at Schenn's age was dominating the league he played in and also won the MVP.

Superstar is offline  
Old
02-20-2011, 11:57 PM
  #930
Defense
Registered User
 
Defense's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country:
Posts: 1,679
vCash: 500
The only way we get Schenn, is if Kessel is going the other way...

Kessel's 5.4 million dollar contract would be eliminated by Schenn's ELC, but likely a salary dump would be sent our way depending on LA's cap situation.

If it was straight up... Kessel cost us

Seguin
2nd
1st this year (top 10)

I don't think Schenn is worth that, and we all doubt that Burke would cut his losses on the Kessel trade, but it'd be a step in the right direction. If we got Schenn, and kept our picks, it'd be unbelievable heading into the draft this summer with top prospects in Gardiner, Colborne, Schenn added and Philly's and Boston's 1st round picks!

In:

Lupul
Gardiner
Colborne
Schenn
Boston's 1st, conditional 2nd
Philly's 1st + 3rd
Ducks conditonal 4th (2013)

Out

Beauchemin
Versteeg
Kaberle
Kessel
=at least 10 million cap space freed

Defense is offline  
Old
02-21-2011, 12:02 AM
  #931
Superstar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defence View Post
The only way we get Schenn, is if Kessel is going the other way...

Kessel's 5.4 million dollar contract would be eliminated by Schenn's ELC, but likely a salary dump would be sent our way depending on LA's cap situation.


If it was straight up... Kessel cost us

Seguin
2nd
1st this year (top 10)

I don't think Schenn is worth that, and we all doubt that Burke would cut his losses on the Kessel trade, but it'd be a step in the right direction. If we got Schenn, and kept our picks, it'd be unbelievable heading into the draft this summer with top prospects in Gardiner, Colborne, Schenn added and Philly's and Boston's 1st round picks!

In:

Lupul
Gardiner
Colborne
Schenn
Boston's 1st, conditional 2nd
Philly's 1st + 3rd
Ducks conditonal 4th (2013)

Out

Beauchemin
Versteeg
Kaberle
Kessel
=at least 10 million cap space freed
I'm still waiting for Schenn to score his first NHL goal.

Superstar is offline  
Old
02-21-2011, 12:02 AM
  #932
Ritzie
Registered User
 
Ritzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmillz View Post
Who the **** are you talking to bud? You think this is being generated here on HFBOards? It's all over twitter, it's gaining steam that the Leafs are active and Schenn's name and Penner's name are all over. No one in here is stirring it or making it up, just talking. Take a pill for **** sake.
Where is **** "all over twitter" about Kessel + 1st + prospect for B. Schenn? Sorry......where? Give it up BUD.

Ritzie is offline  
Old
02-21-2011, 12:05 AM
  #933
MoreMogilny
Cap'n
 
MoreMogilny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oshawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defence View Post
The only way we get Schenn, is if Kessel is going the other way...

Kessel's 5.4 million dollar contract would be eliminated by Schenn's ELC, but likely a salary dump would be sent our way depending on LA's cap situation.

If it was straight up... Kessel cost us

Seguin
2nd
1st this year (top 10)

I don't think Schenn is worth that, and we all doubt that Burke would cut his losses on the Kessel trade, but it'd be a step in the right direction. If we got Schenn, and kept our picks, it'd be unbelievable heading into the draft this summer with top prospects in Gardiner, Colborne, Schenn added and Philly's and Boston's 1st round picks!

In:

Lupul
Gardiner
Colborne
Schenn
Boston's 1st, conditional 2nd
Philly's 1st + 3rd
Ducks conditonal 4th (2013)

Out

Beauchemin
Versteeg
Kaberle
Kessel
=at least 10 million cap space freed
There is no way Schenn should cost us Kessel. We have several valuable chips that can be used to get him without having to give up Kessel.

MoreMogilny is offline  
Old
02-21-2011, 12:06 AM
  #934
Ritzie
Registered User
 
Ritzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmillz View Post
Well, when I watched the World Juniors can you tell me one player that was better then Brayden Schenn? Which Leaf prospect was better? You can't, because the simple fact is even when he played with a separated shoulder he was the best player in the tournament. That's why.
Where you allowed to stay up for the whole games?

Ritzie is offline  
Old
02-21-2011, 12:10 AM
  #935
Ritzie
Registered User
 
Ritzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmillz View Post
I'm not saying B.Schenn isn't a gamble. But the upside, the ceiling for Schenn is higher simply because he has proven he can play center against the best in the world at his age and dominate. A center with his size and skill is the holy grail in hockey right now, worth a lot more then an undersized scoring winger. A risk, but I believe a much higher payoff if he fulfills his potential.
Oh-oh-oh!!!!!
Kadri + Gardiner + 1st for Cody Hodgson
FFS

Ritzie is offline  
Old
02-21-2011, 12:15 AM
  #936
zapy
Registered User
 
zapy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Richmond Hi
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzie View Post
Where you allowed to stay up for the whole games?


That's what I was thinking but I didn't want to say it.

zapy is offline  
Old
02-21-2011, 12:32 AM
  #937
zeke
#TeamReimer
 
zeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 27,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defence View Post
The only way we get Schenn, is if Kessel is going the other way...
no, the only way they get Kessel, is if Schenn+ is going the other way.

zeke is offline  
Old
02-21-2011, 12:34 AM
  #938
zeke
#TeamReimer
 
zeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 27,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmillz View Post
I'm not saying B.Schenn isn't a gamble. But the upside, the ceiling for Schenn is higher simply because he has proven he can play center against the best in the world at his age and dominate. A center with his size and skill is the holy grail in hockey right now, worth a lot more then an undersized scoring winger. A risk, but I believe a much higher payoff if he fulfills his potential.
Brayden Schenn is 6'0", 195lbs.

zeke is offline  
Old
02-21-2011, 12:44 AM
  #939
Antropovsky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,272
vCash: 500
I'd personally love to see Kessel traded, he's a big game talent, but his attitude is the ****s.

Beauchemin & Versteeg were both rumored to be going, noone really believed them then, and Burke denied it too... but the rumors were right.


Kessel for Schenn + one of Clifford or Simmonds, + a pick would be nice (depending on it which PF comes our way).

Burke has made it clear in the past, if you suggest you don't want to be in Toronto, he won't hesitate... you're gone. Suggestions were made that Versteeg wanted out, and he was moved, noone can be sure if that was why though. As for Kessel, well that one post-game interview he gave, might have spelled the end for him.

Antropovsky is offline  
Old
02-21-2011, 12:53 AM
  #940
LeeIs
M a t s
 
LeeIs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: T.O.
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,919
vCash: 500
Continue here guys

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=880831

__________________
------
*GO LEAFS GO!*
LeeIs is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.