HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Alexander Semin

Old
02-15-2011, 05:31 PM
Seabound117

vCash: 500
Alexander Semin

Alexander Semin is a dynamic player with a good potential of rivaling Ovie offensively but as a Caps fan I have grown tired of the inconsistancy and feel he could use a change of scenery. Also with the UFA and cap space manuvering required to field the team next season I am personally disinterested in continuing to pay $6.7M or more to keep him when we have players like Hendricks, Laich, Knuble and Hannan that in my opinion simply must be resigned.

I was of the opinion when he was holding out looking for Ovie/Backstom money that he should have been shopped and dropped but GMGM is a wiser man then me with a better view of the big picture. White all that naysaying done, who do you guys think would be willing to make a play for him and what would the offers look like.

I do realize the irony of sniping at him then trying to shop him like a Tier 1 blockbuster.

Seabound117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 07:19 PM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabound117 View Post
Alexander Semin is a dynamic player with a good potential of rivaling Ovie offensively but as a Caps fan I have grown tired of the inconsistancy and feel he could use a change of scenery. Also with the UFA and cap space manuvering required to field the team next season I am personally disinterested in continuing to pay $6.7M or more to keep him when we have players like Hendricks, Laich, Knuble and Hannan that in my opinion simply must be resigned.

I was of the opinion when he was holding out looking for Ovie/Backstom money that he should have been shopped and dropped but GMGM is a wiser man then me with a better view of the big picture. White all that naysaying done, who do you guys think would be willing to make a play for him and what would the offers look like.

I do realize the irony of sniping at him then trying to shop him like a Tier 1 blockbuster.
IMO this will be a very important post season for WASH. Green and Semin really struggled last yr in the playoffs. If they do so this year I expect one to be moved. Sure both are real close with OVI but they may need to move one to improve the teams Cup chances.

LA could use Semin but with only one year left on his deal they will probably only part with picks/prospects. This would give the Caps some cap space. IMO if Green struggles WASH should move him to SJ for Pavelski. This would give WASH great center depth with Backstrom, Pavelski,Johansson and Steckel. The money saved on Semin could be used to bring in a top end dman like Kaberle or Markov as an UFA.

Basically it would be like trading Semin and Green for Pavelski, Markov/Kaberle, and picks and prospects from LA

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 07:44 PM
backs4mvp

Quote:

Semin isn't keeping the caps from re-signing anyone. Caps have 16-17mil to (re-)sign 8 players.

Alzner, 2.5
Hannan, 3.5
Laich, 3.5
Knuble 2
Varlamov, 1.7
~13-14mil

~3-4mil left to (re-)sign 3 more players for a full 23man roster, all of which would be 4th liners/extras.

backs4mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 07:47 PM
bonzaibondra12

Semin and Neuvy were the Caps best players through 20 games. Semin got hurt, and hasn't been the same.

Not sure why Knuble, or Laich need to be resigned before him. He's got better numbers than both of them despite being hurt since November.

bonzaibondra12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 10:11 AM
Crown Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post

LA could use Semin but with only one year left on his deal they will probably only part with picks/prospects. This would give the Caps some cap space. IMO if Green struggles WASH should move him to SJ for Pavelski. This would give WASH great center depth with Backstrom, Pavelski,Johansson and Steckel. The money saved on Semin could be used to bring in a top end dman like Kaberle or Markov as an UFA.

Basically it would be like trading Semin and Green for Pavelski, Markov/Kaberle, and picks and prospects from LA
If he can play the Left Wing I wouldn't mind moving picks/prospects to bring him out here to LA. Of course it would also be nice if he could manage to play a whole season too.

Crown Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 10:43 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Royal View Post
If he can play the Left Wing I wouldn't mind moving picks/prospects to bring him out here to LA. Of course it would also be nice if he could manage to play a whole season too.
He's a natural LW. He only plays RW in Washington because Ovie's on the left side.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 11:37 AM
Kingler

wouldn't mind semin at all for the Kings. If Washington is willing to trade him then i'm all for it. On Semin part, he gets to play LW instead of playing off-wing

Dunno what Washington is looking to get back though

Kingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 11:49 AM
dashtary*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
He's a natural LW. He only plays RW in Washington because Ovie's on the left side.
He plays RW on the 2nd Line almost every game because he's liked that side more. He's stated this too.

dashtary* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 11:53 AM
cassius

He would garner a Hossa or Kovalchuk type deal. A few roster players, a high draft pick, and a solid prospect.

cassius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 11:54 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashtary View Post
He plays RW on the 2nd Line almost every game because he's liked that side more. He's stated this too.
I haven't seen him state that, but given your affinity towards Semin and the Russians, it's possibly true. But the reason why BB puts him on 2RW (in addition to Laich being a much better LW than RW) is Ovie's propensity for long shifts at 1LW. If Ovie takes a long ****, and Semin is also LW, it keeps Semin off the ice. When Ovie takes a long shift and Semin is at RW, he gets on the ice as soon as Knuble/Chimera get off.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 12:48 PM
Puckgenius*

Quote:

Semin makes 6.7? wow what the hell?

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote