HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vancouver - St.Louis

Old
02-16-2011, 04:29 AM
Meganuck*

vCash: 500
Vancouver - St.Louis

Nothing earth shattering for you Blues fans who are rolling their eyes thinking I'm gonna post Backes, Oshie or one of your stud D.

Sergei Shirokov

for

Brad Winchester

Thoughts?

Meganuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 04:33 AM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Canucks say no but will consider if you throw in Backes, Oshie or one of their stud D.

It's also 4:30 AM in St. Louis right now so this probably wasn't the best time to post this. The only people who'd be on here now are West coast fans

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 04:38 AM
Meganuck*

oh well. Blues do have fans all over the place and I was bored. I"m sure they'll respond in the AM.

I think it would be beneficial to both sides. Shirokov needs to be a top6 to succeed and clearly there isnt a spot for him there on the Canucks.

Old
02-16-2011, 04:45 AM
ManoWarrior

Ya Canucks would do this. Winchester would be a good fourth line center and Shirokov should be moved to give him a good chance at an NHL job. Shirokov definitely has top six NHL skill, but his consistency is an issue. This deal has homerun potential for St Louis.

ManoWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 04:56 AM
Godfather

Sounds good!

Him, our back up, brewer and cam are all UFA at years end. Get to gettin

Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 05:01 AM
Finnish Your Czechs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
Canucks say no but will consider if you throw in Backes, Oshie or one of their stud D.

It's also 4:30 AM in St. Louis right now so this probably wasn't the best time to post this. The only people who'd be on here now are West coast fans
It's only a 2 hour difference.

Finnish Your Czechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 05:07 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Shirokov would probably do better with St. Louis. But when it comes to skill vs. skill, it's a bad trade.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 05:14 AM
JuniorNelson

Winchester is not a Gillis type player.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 06:09 AM
kimzey59

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Winchester is not a Gillis type player.
In what way?

Since he's been working with Mellanby, Winchester has found a level of consistency in his physical play. He's finally using his size like he should be and has developed a bit of a mean streak to go with it(he's no enforcer, but he's not at all afraid to drop the gloves). He's also worked very hard at developing a net-front pressence(he spends 30 minutes a day doing nothing but deflecting shots from the point) and has improved his defensive game to an acceptable level. He's still a bit on the slow side; but he's a pretty good 3/4 line winger who can fill-in on the PP if you need him to.

kimzey59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 06:16 AM
kimzey59

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricCartman View Post
oh well. Blues do have fans all over the place and I was bored. I"m sure they'll respond in the AM.

I think it would be beneficial to both sides. Shirokov needs to be a top6 to succeed and clearly there isnt a spot for him there on the Canucks.
Shirokov won't be in our top 6 either.
That said, I'd still make this deal.

Next year, the Blues look to have Sobotka, Tarasenko and D'Agostini on the outside of our top 6 looking in. Adding a guy like Shirokov to those 3 would give us a legit 3rd scoring line to work with and keep some scoring ability on our checking line(Sobotka and D'Agostini have both done well on the McClement line). As an additional plus, having another Russian on the team might make Tarasenko's adjustment a bit easier as well.

A bottom 6 of D'Agostini-McClement-Crombeen; Shirokov-Sobotka-Tarasenko would be a very talented group of support players to work with.

kimzey59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 09:56 AM
mmitchell19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoWarrior View Post
Ya Canucks would do this. Winchester would be a good fourth line center and Shirokov should be moved to give him a good chance at an NHL job. Shirokov definitely has top six NHL skill, but his consistency is an issue. This deal has homerun potential for St Louis.
Winchester is not a center...at least, he hasn't played center during his time with the Blues. Strictly a winger.

mmitchell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 09:59 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

For Shirokov you'll have to throw in MacDonald and Berglund.

Then if you want MacDonald and Berglund you'll have to throw in Shirokov Halak Steen Johnson Pietrangelo

Get it? lol

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 11:15 AM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Nothing earth shattering for you Blues fans who are rolling their eyes thinking I'm gonna post Backes, Oshie or one of your stud D.

Sergei Shirokov

for

Brad Winchester

Thoughts?
What's Shirokov's waiver eligibility status for next year?

If he has one more year of waiver eligibility left, then I would probably pull the trigger from a Blues POV if the Blues decide to become sellers. If he doesn't...well, he's not cracking our top six either and I doubt he carries a bottom six role out of camp. In that situation, we're probably better off just taking a mid-pick for him.

EastonBlues22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 11:31 AM
blue bleeder 24-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluske View Post
For Shirokov you'll have to throw in MacDonald and Berglund.

Then if you want MacDonald and Berglund you'll have to throw in Shirokov Halak Steen Johnson Pietrangelo

Get it? lol
No. You overrate your players?

Anyways, to the OP. It's not a bad proposal at all. I think the value is somewhat equal. Winchester is a proven 3rd line guy - Shirokov could become a second line guy, but it's unlikely.

I wouldn't mind the swap, but I wouldn't mind not doing it either.

blue bleeder 24-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 12:14 PM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue bleeder 24-7 View Post
No. You overrate your players?

Anyways, to the OP. It's not a bad proposal at all. I think the value is somewhat equal. Winchester is a proven 3rd line guy - Shirokov could become a second line guy, but it's unlikely.

I wouldn't mind the swap, but I wouldn't mind not doing it either.
The joke is they (not me, I'm not one of THEM) would make the original trade, but they would demand both arms and your first born if the trade were reversed (including the player you traded to get them! oh the irony!)

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 01:07 PM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

Quote:

Sergei Shirokov

for

Brad Winchester

Thoughts?
We probably need someone with more size, so how about Billy Sweatt.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 01:24 PM
Reign Nateo

Shirokov deserves a shot in the NHL before the end of the season. This is the type of deal I expect to see. Blues make a lot of sense as they've tried to add a skilled forward before and have a glut of checking forwards.

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 01:28 PM
SirPaste

vCash: 245
Id do it in a heartbeat

SirPaste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 01:31 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zundo View Post
Bill Sweatt plays pretty small I thought?

I doubt Gillis moves Bill, he's a UFA signing and he's working out very well with the farm. He has great chemistry with Hodgson & Shroeder.

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 01:42 PM
jimmythescot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zundo View Post
Despite his age, Gillis just signed him as a UFA this summer. Can't see too many unsigned college players wanting to come here. After unearthing Tanev, it's one area I definitely don't want to see dry up.

EDIT: Bah! Stupid hfboards taking five minutes to post!

I would like to see Shirokov moved, but only because I respect the way he left big money behind in the KHL to follow his NHL dream when he knew he'd likely end up playing on the Moose.

If he isn't moved, I hope he gets a one way contract at the end of the year, so he is missing out on a few hundred thousand, rather than about a million.

jimmythescot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 04:38 PM
Meganuck*

Some Canuck fans are overvaluing Shirokov and although he's not worth much now, this could possibly turn into another Grabner type thing.

If the Blues dont plan to re-sign winchester, it could be a fair deal.

Old
02-16-2011, 04:50 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
Blues make a lot of sense as they've tried to add a skilled forward before and have a glut of checking forwards.
The Blues tried to add a few scoring stopgaps when they had their three top scoring forwards out with extended injuries (two concussions and a broken ankle). Right now everyone's healthy except for Perron, so the situation has changed slightly.

Also, there's plenty of skill on the Blues...it's just a good chunk of it is really young (22-24) and still developing. Pretty much everyone has a fairly well developed defensive game at this point, but Backes, Steen, McDonald, Boyes, Oshie, Perron, and Berglund are definitely not just "checking forwards."

EastonBlues22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 04:51 PM
Boondock

As a Canuck fan I'd do it - it would be nice to add grit to our line-up, and I question whether or not Shirokov will make the Canucks with our current roster.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 04:54 PM
Meatwagon
Blues=Overrated

vCash: 1320
Quote:

Sergei Shirokov

for

Brad Winchester

Thoughts?
I don't really know a whole lot about Shirokov, can someone shed a little light on the subject. Looked up his stats, they are decent, not overwhelming. Seems to be small, does his game translate to NHL level?

Winchester would be a great addition to your team. Big body willing to bang and is learning how to use his size in front of the net(thanks Scott Melanby). IMO on the Nucks Winny scores 15 easily and could really round out your roster during your impending Stanley Cup run. Your team is legit this year and hope you do well, just dont let Detroit win, i'm tired of them. P.S. what would it take for you to move Mason Raymond AFTER the season?

Meatwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 05:57 PM
bmah03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwagon View Post
I don't really know a whole lot about Shirokov, can someone shed a little light on the subject. Looked up his stats, they are decent, not overwhelming. Seems to be small, does his game translate to NHL level?

Winchester would be a great addition to your team. Big body willing to bang and is learning how to use his size in front of the net(thanks Scott Melanby). IMO on the Nucks Winny scores 15 easily and could really round out your roster during your impending Stanley Cup run. Your team is legit this year and hope you do well, just dont let Detroit win, i'm tired of them. P.S. what would it take for you to move Mason Raymond AFTER the season?
A lot, I highly doubt the Blues would move him. He's a young guy signed to a good contract playing on the 2nd line. Gillis would be looking for someone who could fill his spot on Kesler's wing. Maybe a similar contract guy with RFA status who is bigger. Only weakness the team really has is not having a more physical guy to go along with Kes.

bmah03 is offline   Reply With Quote