HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Goaltending controversy?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-16-2011, 10:33 AM
  #26
Pengo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Lalime can mop up if needed. Enroth can be summoned when needed for a start. There's no reason to have Lalime go anywhere at the moment.
But just the other day Ruff basically made it known that he won't let Lalime play at all.

Pengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 10:40 AM
  #27
HogtownSabresfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,144
vCash: 500
Lalime can operate a Might Taco franchise if he's bored

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 10:50 AM
  #28
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,198
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montag DP View Post
Oh, I'm well aware of that. I meant at the end of the season.
Lalime is in a caretaker position as it is. The intention was to let Enroth have one more year before handing over the backup role. That hasn't changed either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassian View Post
But just the other day Ruff basically made it known that he won't let Lalime play at all.
I didn't get that from his post-Isles comments. Enroth and the team are better served continuing to play and being summonable if they want to put him in for a start in Buffalo. Enroth plays, Miller plays... Lalime doesn't. It's the best for everyone.

__________________
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 10:58 AM
  #29
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death
 
Ron Barr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: bdddddddet
Posts: 5,820
vCash: 500
It seems like there actually IS some goalie controversy. Check out this new goalie we picked up recently, his name is Jhonas Enstrom.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?i...vid=sb:preview

I'm sure if Enroth played for the Flyers, Penguins, or some big market team they would've made about 10 articles on NHL.com about how great he is. But because he plays for Buffalo, they still don't know who the hell he is.

Ron Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 10:58 AM
  #30
Pengo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Enroth plays, Miller plays... Lalime doesn't. It's the best for everyone.
But what if Miller lets in three goals in the first five minutes, or has a game like he had on Sunday?

Bringing in Enroth every so often to start games is fine, but that doesn't cover a backup's other job: to relieve the starting goalie if he isn't playing well.

Pengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 11:22 AM
  #31
BowieSabresFan
Registered User
 
BowieSabresFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Barr View Post
It seems like there actually IS some goalie controversy. Check out this new goalie we picked up recently, his name is Jhonas Enstrom.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?i...vid=sb:preview

I'm sure if Enroth played for the Flyers, Penguins, or some big market team they would've made about 10 articles on NHL.com about how great he is. But because he plays for Buffalo, they still don't know who the hell he is.
Hell, one of the ESPN headlines this morning is the great Philly/Tampa game because it went 7 rounds in a shootout.

BowieSabresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 11:27 AM
  #32
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,198
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassian View Post
But what if Miller lets in three goals in the first five minutes, or has a game like he had on Sunday?

Bringing in Enroth every so often to start games is fine, but that doesn't cover a backup's other job: to relieve the starting goalie if he isn't playing well.
If Miller is bombing, Lalime gets mop-up duty. The correction above should be Miller starts, Enroth starts, Lalime doesn't.

And if Miller gives up 3 goals in the first five minutes, it doesn't matter most of one dead rat's ass who is coming in to mop up. That's a loss.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 11:50 AM
  #33
JD SabreFan
Registered User
 
JD SabreFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,549
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JD SabreFan
I say we play enroth from here on out and trade him at the deadline after he turns a ton of heads.

JD SabreFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 12:09 PM
  #34
msm29
Was htsportplaya
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,959
vCash: 500
No controversy, but it certainly doesn't hurt to have a young guy for Miller to think about.

msm29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.