Old
02-17-2011, 03:07 PM
Casper
30 goal grinder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildisLaw View Post
Toews was definitely a penalty too
I don't really watch a lot of blackhawks hockey, but I lost a lot of respect for Toews last night..he just seemed to whine alot. Was it me just noticing Toews at the wrong times or is he always like that?

Last edited by Casper: 02-17-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 03:26 PM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I don't really watch a lot of blackhawks hockey, but I lost a lot of respect for Toews last night..he just seemed to wine alot. Was it me just noticing Toews at the wrong times or is he always like that?
Others may disagree but that's how I've always perceived him. He's kinda like Rick Nash to me. Always scoffing and whining.

Generic User is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 03:54 PM
Vashanesh
My best outfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I don't really watch a lot of blackhawks hockey, but I lost a lot of respect for Toews last night..he just seemed to wine alot. Was it me just noticing Toews at the wrong times or is he always like that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
Others may disagree but that's how I've always perceived him. He's kinda like Rick Nash to me. Always scoffing and whining.
Agree on both accounts. Toews couldn't quit whining about every call last night, and seemed to ignore the fact that his team got 4 (2, and the double minor) BS phantom calls his way.

I hate the Hawks (probably my #2 team behind the Pens)., I'd love to get back to the Central, so we could rekindle the rivalry we had with them in the past. I really don't care about any of the other teams in the NW, I hate losing to them, but I hate losing to anyone. I HATE losing to the Hawks...

Vashanesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 04:01 PM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

I'd love to get back in the Central Division as well. Would love to play the Hawks, Wings and Blues 6 times per year. I think Nashville or Columbus should be re-aligned to the Southeast Division forcing Washington to the Atlantic Division where they belong -- which, in turn, would cause the Islanders to have to be in the Northeast Division.. Thereby forcing Toronto to take Nashville or Columbus' spot in the West.. Taking the Wild's spot in the NW division, giving Vancouver a partner to complain about traveling with. Phew. ALL of that, just to get the Wild in the Central.

Generic User is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 04:08 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Or just have the Islanders move to Winnipeg or Seattle. That solves everything without splitting up a teams in the same metro.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 04:22 PM
saywut

I still fail to see how Kobasew "threw" his stick at the puck carrier.

His stick breaks from the pass across the ice, but it doesn't snap in 2 pieces. He's basically at center ice when he drops it. Where do they want him to put it? Throw it at Crawford? Throw it at the players moving up the boards? Throw it into his own zone? I'm sorry, but dropping it was the option that made the most sense. Anywhere he "throws" the stick is nowhere near the puck carrier, but could very well draw an unsportsmanlike penalty because he's actually throwing the stick. Do we give out penalties for broken sticks in the defensive zone that players run into? Perhaps we should start.

Kobasew's a calm guy. He doesn't retaliate. That's why he has 12 minutes in minor penalties in 40+ games. How he gets called for a penalty like that in the 3rd period of a tie game makes little sense to me.

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 05:32 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

We just got jobbed by the refs last night. Simply put.

Bickell gives himself a root canal. Cullen nudges someone on the shoulder. Both are high sticks? Both of them are as bad as the Owen Nolan phantom high stick last season, but the difference? Refs didn't even try to even it up, it just kept getting worse...

Last nights game was just an exercise in misery all around...

"National" broadcast uses the. most. biased. home. crew. in. hockey. Thankfully, at the end of the first, I was able to get the audio from the radio synced to the video... The end of period buzzer is the trick.

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 05:39 PM
Dr Jan Itor

To me, t's just the double-whammy of the Kobasew call and the Toews non-call. Both deserved penalties (as I thought Kobasew's was intentional) and only one was called. I'm not saying the game would've changed or anything, but that sequence irks me.

The Bickell high stick? Refs can't watch replays of penalties. I thought it looked like Clutterbuck got him watching it live, so I can't say to much about the reffing. However, it goes to calling what you saw, not what you thought you saw. Every team gets bad reffing breaks against them, last night was just our turn.

Win 3 straight and it's all forgotten.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 10:41 PM
State of Hockey

We lost the referee variability. The Hawks lost the puck bounce variability. Maybe some are forgetting that we tied it up in the first place on a questionable call. In the end we still deserved to lose by not doing well what we control.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 03:46 AM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

vCash: 50
That wasn't Versus crew calling the game it was the Hawks broadcast so of course they are going to be homers. Versus does that all the time where they just show one teams broadcast, nothin special about being on Versus. The intermissions are god awful, nobody knows who the Wild are or care. They can't analyze when they know jack squat about the team. Its a disgrace. All thos people are jackwagons.

WildisLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 08:13 AM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildisLaw View Post
That wasn't Versus crew calling the game it was the Hawks broadcast so of course they are going to be homers. Versus does that all the time where they just show one teams broadcast, nothin special about being on Versus. The intermissions are god awful, nobody knows who the Wild are or care. They can't analyze when they know jack squat about the team. Its a disgrace. All thos people are jackwagons.
My favorite part was Milbury doing a couple segments on the Wild's D and awkwardly using pronouns like he wasn't sure who was who.

GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote