HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Our Buddy Slats

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2004, 09:37 AM
theoilers

vCash: 500
Our Buddy Slats

I still have a little bit of respect for Sather but a lot has gone away. After last season and his last 4 with NYR, he has lost a lot of respect and credivility around the NHL.

Did you hear what 88's dad said about the Rangers last year: Peewee team being coached and the team was dysfunctional..........WOW!

I had always thought Sather was a dressing room genius with his creativity and motivation and structure he brought but looks like that is gone out the window with what happened last year with his coaching.

Old
06-30-2004, 09:44 AM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoilers
I still have a little bit of respect for Sather but a lot has gone away. After last season and his last 4 with NYR, he has lost a lot of respect and credivility around the NHL.

Did you hear what 88's dad said about the Rangers last year: Peewee team being coached and the team was dysfunctional..........WOW!

I had always thought Sather was a dressing room genius with his creativity and motivation and structure he brought but looks like that is gone out the window with what happened last year with his coaching.
Not that I don't think that the NYR were dysfunctional, but nothing that Carl Lindros ever says would I take as credible. Carl Lindros is the epitome of what hockey fathers shouldn't be.

Old
06-30-2004, 10:11 AM
copperandblue

The Rangers have been called dysfunctional for years now and it has always seemed to me that this stems from too many veteran superstars (in their own minds anyways) and not enough of a humble (for lack of a better word), ready to buy in attitude.

Eric Lindros would seem to be as much of the problem as anyone in this regard which makes Carl Lindros' comments quite funny in my mind.

As for Sather, his success came from being able to control, intimidate and mentor his players when they were young. I don't think anyone can take that approach with the group they assembled NY. Every player brought in was done so because they were generally regarded as the best all stars available. They were also brought in for what they accomplished elsewhere which basically renders Sathers approach irrelevant. The players all knew better than the coach.

Old
06-30-2004, 12:28 PM
Master Lok

Oh please. Look at where the comment came form - Carl Lindros. Do you actually think he knows what a good dressing room looks like? Funny, Eric's dad didn't like Quebec, ended up feuding with Flyers management and is now whining about the Rangers. Is there any team that he DOES like?

Closed Thread