HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

LA-Oilers

Old
02-16-2011, 01:29 PM
spot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoolyWhatsIt View Post
take the 2nd out and its fair IMO

LA 1st will be around 15-20, forbort is a top 4 guy, simmonds is a 3rd line guy, no studs comingto edmonton...

maybe a 4th...not a 2nd
True no studs, but forbert is HUGE and is rated as their best defensive prospect.
Simmonds is the gritty character guy this team needs. Add him to our bottom 6 and we are a better team.

spot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 01:31 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by RStar View Post
They'll all be as good or better as Teubert? No.
Nooooooo.
Not all but EDM does not need 4 rookie Dmen playing at the same time.
We are happy with Petry and Marincin as our upcoming Dmen with Plante, Chorney etc providing depth.

Forbort and Teubert are good but are not worth giving up Hemksy for.
Simmonds is a good player too but we have Simmonds lite in Ryan Jones.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 01:32 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Hemsky is a player who I would love to see on the kings but not today.

He is just way too injury prone.

He is worth zero to me as a result of his fragile nature. The problem is that he is so good that we would come to rely on him and he would likely end up injured causing a major hole in our line up.

So I wouldn't offer up anything for Hemsky simply because he not only doesn't come with any promise of good health but he comes with a history of not being able to stay in the line up.

Pass.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 01:32 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot View Post
True no studs, but forbert is HUGE and is rated as their best defensive prospect.
Simmonds is the gritty character guy this team needs. Add him to our bottom 6 and we are a better team.
Plante is also Huge and is more NHL ready. Can you guarantee that Forbort will be any better then Marincin or Plante?

Old
02-16-2011, 01:35 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
No less reasonable than the OP's deal.
considering you couldn't get Schenn for Hemsky straight-up, yes it is

ScoreZeGoals is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 01:37 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post

He is worth zero to me as a result of his fragile nature. The problem is that he is so good that we would come to rely on him and he would likely end up injured causing a major hole in our line up.

So I wouldn't offer up anything for Hemsky simply because he not only doesn't come with any promise of good health but he comes with a history of not being able to stay in the line up.

Pass.
meh .. that is fine.. Hemsky's ability and willingness to take the puck into the dirty areas is what makes him special. He can avoid injuries and play the parimeter game but it just wont be him. We will keep him if him getting hurt is such a big deal to other teams.

Old
02-16-2011, 01:37 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Oilers want Forbort

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 01:38 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
considering you couldn't get Schenn for Hemsky straight-up, yes it is
Link?

Old
02-16-2011, 01:38 PM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoolyWhatsIt View Post
Edmonton Counters with hemsky for schenn and a 1st
Given the return for Fisher and Versteeg(not to mention Dreger's report from today), this is about what I see us asking for. If La isn't interested, cool. We keep our best forward or look to another team to pay the equivalent.

Quote:
Ahhh. Jesus. No. I love Hemmer, but he isn't getting you Schenn and a first.

You guys are ridiculous.
I think you overrate prospects a bit. This time last year leaf fans were telling us Kadri was going to be a top line C and was almost untouchable. Even LA fans will say they see Schenn as a 2nd C behind Kopitar. While Schenn's value is high, it isn't high enough to be beyond that of a youngish top line player like Hemsky.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 01:47 PM
McDNicks17
McDavid Cometh

vCash: 1115
Hemsky for Clifford, Forbort and a 1st.

McDNicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 01:47 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Given the return for Fisher and Versteeg(not to mention Dreger's report from today), this is about what I see us asking for. If La isn't interested, cool. We keep our best forward or look to another team to pay the equivalent.

I think you overrate prospects a bit. This time last year leaf fans were telling us Kadri was going to be a top line C and was almost untouchable. Even LA fans will say they see Schenn as a 2nd C behind Kopitar. While Schenn's value is high, it isn't high enough to be beyond that of a youngish top line player like Hemsky.
Schenn is considered by many to be the best prospect not in the NHL. Now while ALL prospects are overrated, you just don't see guys like that traded. I have no doubt (if traded) Hemsky will return a 1st and a good prospect, to expect someone like Schenn is crazy. Besides, why wouldn't the Oilers want a defensive prospect?

ScoreZeGoals is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 01:50 PM
Mr Forever

Quote:

This.

We have the upper hand in trade negotiations.
We don't have to trade Hemsky.

Old
02-16-2011, 01:52 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

The problem with the value of Schenn vs Hemsky or other established forwards in the NHL is that as a Kings fan Hemsky, while an exceptional player has such a problem staying in the line up that he becomes a very dangerous player. You come to rely on him due to his stellar play and then he is literally gone for long stretches of time due to his fragile nature causing his team to try and make up for his loss which isn't an easy thing to do.

Schenn looks like he should be a shoe in to be a top 6 player but we don't really know his upside. Me, I would rather gamble that Schenn will become as good or even a better player than Hemsky then to deal him for anyone else with very few exceptions.

Hemsky just isn't worth it.

Old
02-16-2011, 01:53 PM
funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post

Pass.
I agree with most of this. I like Hemsky, I think he would be a good fit, but injuries and only 1 year remaining on his contract scare me.

I would include Schenn in a deal for a true elite player like Nash or Parise, possibly even Spezza. Hemsky unfortunatly is a tier or two below and he could walk in a few.

I would gamble our 1st rounder in a package for Hemsky, but would be reluctant to trade a roster player unless it was someone like a Richardson, Drewiske, etc and a decent prospect like Hickey, Teubert, Voinov or Moller.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 01:56 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

You guys are aware that his injury history s.e.r.i.o.u.s.l.y. lowers his value, right?

If Hemsky wasn't such a china doll he would be one of the top players in the game without a doubt, but he is and as such his value just isn't as high as many Oiler fans think.

You should keep him in the hopes that he can put a couple of healthy seasons together, his value will go up and you have the benefit of having him on your team.

Old
02-16-2011, 01:59 PM
CSimpson18

Quote:
1- 1st line center on the Leafs is different than anywhere else.
2- Behind behind Kopitar is not an insult
3- Schenn's career performance is very similar to Eberle's. And as we know, Eberle is the best evidence of the existence of a god to date. (only partially sarcastic)
4- We aren't talking about whether Hemsky is better than Schenn will be. Hemsky has 100 games left on his contract, Schenn has somewhere close to 500. Oilers don't care about winning now or next season.

CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 02:06 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkateFreak View Post
LA:
Hemsky

Oilers:
Simmonds
Teubert

BAM!Go at it
and the phone gets hanged up.

Oilers are good on 3rd liners, I'm interested in the "prospect" but still not worth an elite player like Hemsky, time to lock this thread up.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 02:08 PM
RStar*

Quote:
That didn't take long
I can see why you guys are getting tired of Schenn and Hemsky/Penner being mentioned every 5 minutes.

RStar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 02:13 PM
Ryno
BEHOLD!!

Geez, you make the guy sound like he's Donald Audette here...

Outside of the shoulder injury last year, which could have happened to ANY player, Hemsky's played, 72, 74, 64, 81, and 71 games. (He was a healthy scratch a lot his first season, so I've ommited those totals for this purpose)

Even factoring this year's totals (which could put him at a max of 65 games), he'll have averaged just over 71 GP per season.

He's not Doug Jarvis, but he's hardly the China Doll that seems to be passed around as Gospel on these boards.

Ryno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 02:14 PM
Beerfish

As an Oiler fan, Schenn is like Eberle who teams were asking for last year and as Oiler fans there is no way we were dealing him. I can conceive of no way that LA would give him up unless the other side of the deal was not to Oilers fans liking. I think he is not part of any equation for LA to get Hemsky or Penner.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 02:41 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

the LA Kings will not give up Schenn for Hemsky and nor will the Oil move the class of this years available Trade Deadline Day players for peanuts. Yes even if Bogosian was/were available I would rather Hemsky.

that said the Oilers will only get picks and prospects back as DL would make this move for THIS YEAR and therefore it makes no sense substituting a top 9 forward for a top 6 forward.

To LA
-Hemsky

To EDM
-Forbort
-Kings 2011 first rd pick

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 02:50 PM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Schenn is considered by many to be the best prospect not in the NHL. Now while ALL prospects are overrated, you just don't see guys like that traded. I have no doubt (if traded) Hemsky will return a 1st and a good prospect, to expect someone like Schenn is crazy. Besides, why wouldn't the Oilers want a defensive prospect?
We need a guy with the potential to be a 1st line C or a top pairing D. Nothing else is of interest in a Hemsky(or Penner) deal. And no Forbort doesn't count as a potential top pairing D.

And no worries if LA doesn't want to part with Schenn. They can make a playoff run next year. We'd be more than happy to keep Hemsky.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 03:53 PM
Anonymous028

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
and the phone gets hanged up.

Oilers are good on 3rd liners, I'm interested in the "prospect" but still not worth an elite player like Hemsky, time to lock this thread up.
"elite"

Are you ****ing kidding me?!?!?

Anonymous028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 03:54 PM
RStar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous028 View Post
"elite"

Are you ****ing kidding me?!?!?
A legit 1st liner isn't elite?

RStar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 03:56 PM
Mr Forever

Quote:
A legit 1st liner isn't elite?
Crosby, Ovechkin, Stamkos are elite.

Hemsky is a good player. An 8.0 Player with offensive upside, but that isn't elite.