HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010-2011 Rangers Prospects Thread (Juniors, NCAA, International, Other) *Part 4*

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2011, 09:26 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxZENxxx View Post
So with Atkinson gone, does that mean that CK is in line for a bigger role at BC?
If he stays, yes, but that's a pretty big IF right now. Jimmy Hayes is a junior and he might leave. Gibbons, Joe Whitney and John Muse are all seniors.

Whitney, Gibbons and Atkinson all play on the top line. Hayes plays on the 2nd line with Kreider. So Kreider would definitely be looking at 1st line minutes, but they will be losing 3 players (4 if Hayes leaves) out of their top 6.

I'm sure the team will still be good, but maybe not as good as they've been the last 2 years. Atkinson will be very hard to replace. Milner should be fine replacing Muse.

Old
03-28-2011, 09:43 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I don't know about BC, but it does open up a 1st line spot for him at Hartford .

Seriously though, if Kreider does stay i'd imagine he'll play a lot more considering he'd be a junior. I just don't see him not going pro, though.
I could see him staying...a chance to take on a leadership role and increased responsibilities, staying in college another year and have fun on top of that, etc.

I hope he turns pro but I can see reasons why he'd want to stay another year.

Old
03-28-2011, 09:44 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I could see him staying...a chance to take on a leadership role and increased responsibilities, staying in college another year and have fun on top of that, etc.

I hope he turns pro but I can see reasons why he'd want to stay another year.
I mean I could see why anybody would stay in college instead of going into the pros, but the organization is very high on CK and you have to think he knows they'll give every chance to succeed with the big club.

Old
03-28-2011, 09:55 AM
Levitate

yup, just going on some of his comments he's made, I wonder if he feels like he's ready...like last summer when the Rangers wanted him to sign, I think he said he felt he wasn't close yet or couldn't imagine actually playing in the NHL.

I'm probably misquoting, but he might not feel ready to make that step either. Dunno, I'm excited to see what he can do at the next level so I hope he does, but as long as he does eventually sign here then that's OK

Old
03-28-2011, 11:55 AM
xxxZENxxx

Yeah... I am split on my opinion on his situation. Part of me wants him to sign now and the other says that he should stay and get a shot to be a top college player (with those top line minutes).

Old
03-28-2011, 12:14 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

There's no guarantee of what Kreider's role at BC would be next year.

The smartest decision would be to sign now. Finish the semester over the summer.

When Kreider was drafted, he finished studies over that summer so he could go to BC.

He will have two years of top quality education under his belt. He can do what Atkinson did, and have a clause in his contract that the team will pay for him to finish his studies at BC.

He can return to BC and get his degree after his playing career is over.

Mike Richter returned to school after he retired from hockey.

Kreider signs, he will be getting top line minutes in Hartford right now. And will be in the NHL next year, on a team with a legitimate shot at going deep in the playoffs.

Weigh the options:

Return to a depleted BC team, make no money, possibly get top line minutes. Have some fun with student life.

Go pro, earn around a million dollars, play a big role for the New York Rangers in the NHL, and contend for a Stanley Cup. And have fun in the city with your young teammates.

Old
03-28-2011, 12:18 PM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

Being at HC, I'd interested to see if our captain from this year's team, Everett Sheen, can garner any interest from any teams. He was great for us, a hard worker who got his nose dirty to score goals and make plays. Plus, I'd prefer that our biggest contribution to pro hockey was more than Patrick Rissmiller. He's participated in a couple of prospect camps and such in the last few summers.

My good friend here at school who played on Kreider's line in at Andover says he hasn't spoken to him in a few weeks, and that he doesn't know what Kreider is thinking.

RANGERS =
Old
03-28-2011, 12:20 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxZENxxx View Post
Yeah... I am split on my opinion on his situation. Part of me wants him to sign now and the other says that he should stay and get a shot to be a top college player (with those top line minutes).
He's ready to compete at the highest level. He should sign and find out for sure. Worst case scenario he continues his development (in CT) with professional coaching and teammates. If his body wasn't ready I would be hesitant but, I'm not hesitant at all.

Old
03-28-2011, 01:01 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

People really think that the Whalepack would insert a rookie like Kreider onto the top-line at this point in the season?

I don't think a handful of games in the AHL is going to make or break his development. If he wants to focus on the end of his sophomore year and his studies, I don't see anything wrong with that. My real concern is that the sudden exit of the defending national champs will leave him with some notion of "unfinished business" and he'll decide to spend another year at BC.

Old
03-28-2011, 01:06 PM
Ola

Bardof- You are right of course, but to get maximum potential out of him I would like him to stay another year.

He is 20 y/o basically and have yet to have a big role at a high level. On the PP he have only crowded the crease et c. He has a lot to learn...

Old
03-28-2011, 01:14 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
People really think that the Whalepack would insert a rookie like Kreider onto the top-line at this point in the season?

I don't think a handful of games in the AHL is going to make or break his development. If he wants to focus on the end of his sophomore year and his studies, I don't see anything wrong with that. My real concern is that the sudden exit of the defending national champs will leave him with some notion of "unfinished business" and he'll decide to spend another year at BC.
Oh no, i'm talking about next season. Don't care if he signs right now, but I do want him signed for next year.

Old
03-28-2011, 02:04 PM
TreeSapLlama

I really wish there were more WHL resources, as I cant find any highlights or a summary of game 2. Moose Jaw lost, and McIlrath got a major for charging and a misconduct (moose jaw was down 3 - 1 at that point i believe).

Old
03-28-2011, 02:34 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

BC named their leadership for next season

Quote:
MIH: Congrats to Tommy Cross, 2011-12 captain elect, and alternate captains Barry Almeida and Paul Carey.
https://twitter.com/#!/BCSportsNews/...47030055927808

All seniors. No Jimmy Hayes who is supposed to be a senior next season which is an indication he will sign with the Hawks.

With Gibbons and Joe Whitney graduating plus Atkinson and Hayes leaving,BC's top 4 forwards won't be on the team next season. It's not the same team. Rebuilding team.

Old
03-28-2011, 03:39 PM
xxxZENxxx

You have to think that the good fortunes of Stepan and McD this year only go towards supporting the case for CK to leave school. Both guys wanted to stay in school, but decided against it in the end and now have flourishing NHL careers right off the bat.

Old
03-28-2011, 03:48 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Personally, I think there's no way that Kreider stays at BC... He already won a Championship his freshman year... Why would he be inclined to stay on a team that appears to be re-building? Just because he'll get more playing time? I don't think that's a very convincing reason to stay.... There's no way he's staying for academic reasons if all the reports were that he was expected to sign this summer anyway.

Old
03-28-2011, 04:16 PM
bathgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
BC named their leadership for next season

https://twitter.com/#!/BCSportsNews/...47030055927808

All seniors. No Jimmy Hayes who is supposed to be a senior next season which is an indication he will sign with the Hawks.

With Gibbons and Joe Whitney graduating plus Atkinson and Hayes leaving,BC's top 4 forwards won't be on the team next season. It's not the same team. Rebuilding team.
Hayes signed this afternoon

Old
03-28-2011, 04:25 PM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Personally, I think there's no way that Kreider stays at BC... He already won a Championship his freshman year... Why would he be inclined to stay on a team that appears to be re-building? Just because he'll get more playing time? I don't think that's a very convincing reason to stay.... There's no way he's staying for academic reasons if all the reports were that he was expected to sign this summer anyway.
I agree. He got his championship, and with everyone leaving, he isn't getting another one the next two years. He knows this, and it will be a strong factor in his decision.

Old
03-28-2011, 07:33 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Christian Thomas is the OHL player of the week again

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/artic...the-week/95926

Quote:
Toronto, ON – The Ontario Hockey League today announced that Oshawa Generals forward Christian Thomas is the OHL Player of the Week for the first week of OHL post-season action ending March 27. Now a three-time winner of the award this season, Thomas led the league with nine points in three games scoring three goals and six assists with a plus-minus rating of plus-7.

Old
03-29-2011, 06:13 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Jason Missiaen has a $675,000 cap hit. $225,000 signing bonus.

http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=1953

Old
03-29-2011, 06:17 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathgate View Post
Hayes signed this afternoon
Quote:
Source says #Blackhawks' signing of prospect Jimmy Hayes from Boston College "99 percent done" and will be finalized Tuesday.
https://twitter.com/#!/ChrisKuc/stat...89557782294528

Old
03-29-2011, 06:18 AM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Christian Thomas is the OHL player of the week again

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/artic...the-week/95926
This guy is just an unbelievable player in juniors! wow.

Old
03-29-2011, 06:40 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Zipay

Quote:
It's approaching decision time for two prospects: Chris Kreider, the team's No. 1 draft pick in 2009, and Swedish-born Carl Hagelin. Kreider, a sophomore at Boston College, is debating whether to forgo his junior year. Michigan is in the Frozen Four, and Hagelin, 22, a senior who leads the team in scoring (18 goals, 48 points in 42 games) is expected to begin negotiations once the NCAA championship is decided.
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...etch-1.2787545

Brooks already reported Hagelin will sign when Michigan is finished. Only issue is Hagelin might not have anywhere to play if the Whale doesn't make the playoffs.

Most of the BC writers/followers on twitter feel Kreider is staying for his junior year.

Atkinson got $175,000 to sign. $87,500 per. Max signing bonus. Max for 2008 picks is $875,000. $775,000 cap hit. 2 year ELC b/c he's 22 years old. $65,000 AHL which is the AHL max for 2008 picks. No performance bonuses. For a late round pick,he got a good deal.

http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=1954

Kreider's MAX. $900,000 NHL/$67,500 AHL. $270,000 signing bonus. Probably $300,000-$400,000 in performance bonuses. $1.2M-$1.3M cap hit.

Old
03-29-2011, 06:41 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Ethan Werek's CHL career could come to an end tonight. Game 4.

Old
03-29-2011, 06:56 AM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

I found highlights from Kingston vs. Oshawa Game 2 & 3 for everyone who´s interested

Game 2

Game 3

Old
03-29-2011, 06:58 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

No disrespect to Kingston, but I hope Oshawa ends it.

Get Werek to Hartford ASAP.

Kid is going to be a very good two way NHL 3rd line center. We need guys down the middle who can take faceoffs, too. And he is going to be a solid face off guy.

He will also bring some much needed size to the lineup. As will Kreider and McIlrath.

No more getting pushed around by the bigger teams.

Closed Thread