HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2-17-11 - "Shake it Out" - Canucks @ Preds

Old
02-18-2011, 03:12 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricCartman View Post
Wow. The crowd in Nashville was great. So loud in there! Very good fans. I loved the "Referees suck" chant that's like a Canuck home game!

1 Question: What the hell do the fans say after the Preds score? It's some long chant thing. Just curious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post
Hey Predators fans, congrats on the win! The refs were clearly operating in the Canucks' favour and the Canucks still only managed to take advantage of 1 out of 5 PP opportunties. It makes the Preds' win all the more deserved.

Rinne was such a beast in net for you guys. He's the real deal.

Until next time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet91 View Post
Canuck fan coming to say congrats on the big win. Gotta admit I couldn't believe how much the Canucks got away with tonight. Even though I'm a 'Nucks fan it still bothers me to see such terrible reffing, even if it does benefit "my" side. Just awful tonight! But your guys battled through it and played just a fantastic all around game.

I'm also blown away with your guys' crowd. I admit I don't follow the Preds all that much and kinda expected to see a Phenoix-esque type arena/atmosphere, but boy was I wrong! I'm beyond impressed. All the awesome chants and the constant cheering. Great stuff! Honestly, it was louder than 90% of regular season Canuck games. I wish our crowd was more like that.

I'm happy to say I was wrong about Nashville not being a hockey market. Way to support your team everyone! Hope you guys do well in the playoffs this year.

See ya next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrastar View Post
I used to believe Nashville didn't deserve to have a team because of its "lack of true fans" and was anything but a hockey market. Man was I wrong.

Tonights game gave me an entirely different perspective. The crowd was simply incredible from start to finish. Easily the loudest I've heard this year.

Sorry for doubting you guys. What a terrific fanbase. I'm already Looking forward to the next time Vancouver pays a visit to Nashville!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Nice game. Good crowd.
THANK YOU ALL!

And I to also say "Were gonna beat the hell outta you, you, you, you, you, you!!!!"
A you for each opposing player on ice including goalie.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 07:09 AM
glenngineer

Crazy game for sure. I thought the injuries would kill us but instead it invigorated the play of our guys. Legwand being paired with Erat and SK for a bulk of the third and some of the third reminded me a lot of the 9-10-11 line in the sense that these guys were flying around the ice and making things happen. Not a ton of breakaways but they were all over the puck. I'd almost be tempted to try that line some more.

I think the injuries proved something to me tonight, if we had to call Mueller and Halischuk and go with the 10 we finished with, I think we'd be fine. Sully isn't the cog he used to be that we relied on so much and Goc, while a good solid player, is replaceable as well. I'm not saying I want Goc gone, but as attached as we get to players, we also see that other guys can step up and get the job done too.

Smitty's line early in the game pre injuries looked good as well.

I think Trotz is trying to mesh guys right now between the trades, guys coming back from injuries, more guys going out again but he's on the right path I believe.

Honestly if our top two lines were Leggy/Erat/SK and Fisher/Horny/Willy, I'd be ok with that. Maybe come back with Dumont/Spaling/Halischuk and Ward/Smitty/Svatos or bring up Mueller and go with Dumont/Mueller/Svatos and keep the Smitty line together. Could work. Who knows.

Either way, good game for us tonight.

Big thanks to all the great Canucks fans that have contributed to our thread. Pleasure having you guys on board and thanks for all the great comments and compliments about our team and fan base. Wish you guys the best the rest of the regular season and hope to see you guys in the playoffs in the later rounds.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 07:59 AM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK74 Snipes View Post
Thank you! It seems when people actually watch a broadcast or come to a game is when they realize how the media portrays us is completely wrong.
Great point ...and it's our own media that adds to the myth which is the most dishearting. If you really look at it The Predators are really Nashville's team because the Titans are Bud's team and now we are really finding out that the hard way. The Preds are now on solid footing with local ownership and this team is on the presipice of breaking through for a long playoff run the real excitment is now just beginning.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 08:31 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

I am really surprised by the Canuck love on here. Thank you guys for the compliments. While I will certainly never like your team or the vast majority of your fans, this goes a long way in making my hatred lessen... even if just a little

What a great game. Preds did what they had to do. Congrats preds keep er up!

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 08:49 AM
kakemono

Good win against a good team, but we have to keep it in perspective.

We played a high end goalie
We played a very high end offense
We played an AHL defense

I think we played a good game. Some would think we should go all out offense against a weak defense, but I think Trotz told the boys that if we forecheck hard the goals will come and they will have trouble breaking out of the zone. That is exactly what happened. We were forechecking like madmen late in that game.

I noticed late in the game, Trotz was rolling a Fisher-Legwand-Erat line to close out the game. Super fast, super responsible, super defensive. That is a great, great line to close out a game and it was actually fun to watch - they applied soooo much pressure.

After two games, Trotz has Fisher playing powerplay, penalty kill, taking important faceoffs, and closing out the game. This has to be the FASTEST Trotz has ever trusted ANY player...

kakemono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 09:07 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Ryan Kesler sure doesn't echo the praise his fans are giving us...

"It’s a frustrating game for us and the fans,” said Canucks centre Ryan Kesler, who was minus-1 in 22:26 of ice time. “They got a couple of lucky bounces and then they sat back. I don’t think any of their guys crossed the red line after they were up by two. They’re like robots. I don’t think they want to score. They just want to capitalize on their chances. You’ve got to give it to their coach.

“They have them brainwashed over there. They got up by two and they just sat. But not scoring one at even strength tonight is something we’ve got to look at. We can’t be winning games not scoring [at] even strength.”

"They play a weird system. It's almost like they don't want to score goals and they just want to sit back and wait for us to make mistakes. It was a little frustrating. We got some quality shots, but we needed to generate a little bit more. Their goalie played well. Their goalie won them the game. It wasn't a very entertaining game for the fans, that's for sure."

"When you tie the game and give them two goals in 50 seconds, you're not going to come back against a team like that because I don't think they crossed the blue line when they went up by two," Canuck Ryan Kesler said. "They sat back and capitalized on a couple of lucky bounces and that was the game."

Discuss.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 09:10 AM
jlsg

Hard not to trust a player of Fisher's caliber.
For all the grief from the San Jose game, I thought SOB was probably our best defenseman out there tonight. One of the better games he's played this year. Same with Sulzer. Franson struggled a little, I noticed 4 different times he was the 3rd or 4th guy back on defense. I love his offense but his defense scares me.
It was interesting to watch the line combos with the injuries. Just never knew who was going to be with who on the next shift. Made things interesting.
As far as Kessler's comments, he said the same thing before the game. Said they'll have to overcome our neutral zone trap. Whatever. Considering we had 8 shots and they had 9, sounds like they crossed the blueline only 1 more time then we did.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 09:19 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
First reaction is kesler is a whiny douchecanoe but on second thought he's probably somewhat correct, but so what? Trotzs job is to win games, not put on an offensive exhibition... Yes ryan we are sorry you don't like it that we wouldn't just keep trading scoring chances with you. Boo hoo

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 09:20 AM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post

Kesler played for the Ohio State, so he sucks.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 09:20 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
::snip::
Discuss.
Just another sore loser fan trying to make excuses by calling us a boring trap team. :Sarcasm:

Honestly, I didn't pay attention to the forechecking scheme in the third period. Typically I do, especially in games against the Canucks/Hawks/Wings because those fans tend to complain the most about it, but last night I was taking notes for a test on Monday so I didn't. Did we get away from our typical forechecking scheme? Also, which one is it, Mr. Kesler. Did our entire team not cross the red line or not cross the blue line? Which blue line? Did they also take your soda money? What do you have against robots, sir? Did one of them kill your mother?

I haven't had any use for Ryan Kesler since the Olympics. Screw him. I'm glad he's frustrated. I hope every player on every team we face for the rest of the season (regular and post) is frustrated after we play them. I hope every fan of those teams is frustrated. I hope nothing but venom is spewed about our system. If we just sit back and wait for you to make a mistake maybe you shouldn't make mistakes, Mr Kesler. Mr Selke over here didn't seem too impressed with responsible two-way play.

edit: I appreciate the Canucks fans who came by to be respectful, and also those who complimented our crowd. Thanks. Its fans like you that make it hard for me to hate teams I normally despise.

ThirdManIn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 09:27 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Have we heard any more from sully? Sounded like we should expect facial fractures, based on how he went to the hospital

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 09:37 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
"It’s a frustrating game for us and the fans,” said Canucks centre Ryan Kesler, who was minus-1 in 22:26 of ice time. “They got a couple of lucky bounces and then they sat back. I don’t think any of their guys crossed the red line after they were up by two. They’re like robots. I don’t think they want to score. They just want to capitalize on their chances. You’ve got to give it to their coach.

“They have them brainwashed over there. They got up by two and they just sat. But not scoring one at even strength tonight is something we’ve got to look at. We can’t be winning games not scoring [at] even strength.”

"They play a weird system. It's almost like they don't want to score goals and they just want to sit back and wait for us to make mistakes. It was a little frustrating. We got some quality shots, but we needed to generate a little bit more. Their goalie played well. Their goalie won them the game. It wasn't a very entertaining game for the fans, that's for sure."

"When you tie the game and give them two goals in 50 seconds, you're not going to come back against a team like that because I don't think they crossed the blue line when they went up by two," Canuck Ryan Kesler said. "They sat back and capitalized on a couple of lucky bounces and that was the game."

Discuss.
WHAAAAAA!!!! The Preds played to win! WHAAAAA!!!! The Preds play to their strengths! WHAAAAA!!!! I sucked in a game where I should have been a +1 and did something to help the Nucks.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 09:45 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

LOL, 3rd period shots on goal - Nucks 9, Predators 8

I can't believe we had 8 shots on goal from inside our own blueline..

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 09:48 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Just lost some respect for Kesler. What a cry baby

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 09:54 AM
token grinder

I could have swore that in the third period we would get the puck after they dumped it, skate it past center red, dump it, have joel ward or erat or even dumont sometimes go forecheck banshee, wear down canucks and as soon as they got it, repeated the process so they could change.

was it pretty? no
effective? yeah.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 09:55 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post

Jerred smithson has taught all the defenseman how to dump the puck on net i guess

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 09:59 AM
kivaerijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I'm glad he's frustrated. I hope every player on every team we face for the rest of the season (regular and post) is frustrated after we play them. I hope every fan of those teams is frustrated. I hope nothing but venom is spewed about our system. If we just sit back and wait for you to make a mistake maybe you shouldn't make mistakes, Mr Kesler. Mr Selke over here didn't seem too impressed with responsible two-way play.

edit: I appreciate the Canucks fans who came by to be respectful, and also those who complimented our crowd. Thanks. Its fans like you that make it hard for me to hate teams I normally despise.
couldnt agree more. his statements actually made me feel pretty good. Even other teams realize how much our players have bought into the system. it is a taem effort every night. pretty happy we dont have rogue players. sorry to frustrate you kesler!? shouldnt that be the goal every night? what an idiot.

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 10:03 AM
kivaerijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
was it pretty? no
effective? yeah.
I actually thought it was pretty. maybe i have drank the cool-aid, but i love seeing ward/fisher/legwand/etc fighting on the forecheck and keeping the opposing team from moving it out of there D zone. I cheer almost as much for that as i do for goals. that is hard working tenacity that should be praised..not whined about like kesler

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 10:03 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post

The funniest part about this myth of Nashville's Trapping System is we're a better forechecking club than we would be a trapping club. We have speed, and we have two-way forwards to burn (I guess we shouldn't burn any of them yet because of the injury plague this season). None of them will be setting the world on fire offensively, but most of them can skate at both ends of the ice. It would be absolutely stupid and irresponsible coaching if Trotz didn't utilize our speed to forecheck since, outside of Rinne, it's arguably our biggest weapon.

Nashville has no fans (as we saw last night ). Nashville can't keep players once they need raises. And Nashville will always be a trap team. Some myths never die

ThirdManIn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 10:04 AM
jderick81

I think a Kessler=Whiner chant is in line for the next run in with Vancouver

Let's rip him a new one!

Thanks for the rep from the Canucks fans, that feels good

jderick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 10:07 AM
preds1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Just lost some respect for Kesler. What a cry baby
Just sayin'.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg weber.jpg‎ (18.0 KB, 76 views)

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 10:09 AM
Nitrous Mafia

Mike Phisher

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 10:21 AM
kakemono

Quote:
"It’s a frustrating game for us and the fans
Frustrating for Canucks fans..

Quote:
"They’re like robots. I don’t think they want to score. They just want to capitalize on their chances.
They don't want to score. The want to capitalize on chance... What exactly is capitalizing on chances? Would that mean... scoring? I'm a little confused here

Quote:
“They have them brainwashed over there. They got up by two and they just sat.
Ask your defensemen if we just sat back all night. Maybe Kesler (mr defensive stalwart) should help them out and give them easier outlet opportunities. I bet the defense feels worked - we were forechecking like mad in the 3rd.

Quote:
It wasn't a very entertaining game for the fans, that's for sure."
I guess he didn't hear the crowd. Funny - the Canuck fans watching it on TV were more impressed with the crowd and they werent even at the arena.

Quote:

kakemono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 10:31 AM
PredsChik

I'm disappointed over Kesler's comments to last night's game, he's the only Canuck I like because of the Olympics and him being quoted that he "hates Team Canada".

Last night was awesome! Sat about 15 rows back, pretty much center ice. Amazing view of the game!

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 10:50 AM
WartracePred

Quote:

It wasn't a very entertaining game for the fans, that's for sure."
Of course it was frustrating for Kessler. He lost. And most teams hate playing the Preds -- especially offensively explosive teams -- because of our disciplined, defensive style.

And robots are too cool. The Terminator comes to mind. Seek and Destroy!!!

Finally, whose fans is Kessler referring to? I was there last night and it seemed at least 15,000 fans were thoroughly entertained.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote