HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bulis-Bonk-Ward

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2004, 11:57 AM
CoupeStanley

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
Bulis-Bonk-Ward

IMO, that is the making of one hell of a 3rd line !

I would try Ward on that line. IMO, he has some serious untapped offensive potential. That is the perfect line for him. He won't be put into an offensive role but with a good center like Bonk and a great forechecker like Bulis, I wouldn't be surprised if he scores 15-20 goals.

Begin is more suited for 4th line duties. He's a great energy player, he can fill a role on the 3rd line but he's a 4th liner.

Zednik-Koivu-Kovalev
Higgins/Hossa-Ribeiro-Ryder
Bulis-Bonk-Ward
Begin-Plekanek-Lappy

Thats the best lineup we can ice since pre-Houle era. We are not too far away from being a perennial contender.

4 month ago I tought we were 3-4 years away. But we've made huge stride forward.

If Belfour doesn't resign in Toronto, we gonna finish ahead of them.

Thats if Kovy or another 1st liner is signed.

Old
06-30-2004, 12:08 PM
mcphee

I think that is probably what we'd see, though I like the idea of a quick creative type of player on the wing, maybe Plekanec or Higgind in place of Ward. I'm a big Ward fan but think Bonk would excel with a faster player on the right. I have no problem with the line as you propose but I hope we all remain composed when the numbers suffer. Either way, I like our depth on the checking lines.

Old
06-30-2004, 12:28 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
I think that is probably what we'd see, though I like the idea of a quick creative type of player on the wing, maybe Plekanec or Higgind in place of Ward. I'm a big Ward fan but think Bonk would excel with a faster player on the right. I have no problem with the line as you propose but I hope we all remain composed when the numbers suffer. Either way, I like our depth on the checking lines.
I really like the idea of that line as well, and you up a good point of him finding his offensive game playnig with a much better offensive C and a winger who can also provide offense. Every player on this line has size. The speed will come from Bulis, while Ward will provide most of the physical play. Bonk can also provide physical play, but he wont go out and dish hits on a regular basis. Overall though this line will have it all!

Old
06-30-2004, 01:17 PM
Artie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeStanley

I would try Ward on that line. IMO, he has some serious untapped offensive potential. That is the perfect line for him. He won't be put into an offensive role but with a good center like Bonk and a great forechecker like Bulis, I wouldn't be surprised if he scores 15-20 goals.

Begin is more suited for 4th line duties. He's a great energy player, he can fill a role on the 3rd line but he's a 4th liner.

Zednik-Koivu-Kovalev
Higgins/Hossa-Ribeiro-Ryder
Bulis-Bonk-Ward
Begin-Plekanek-Lappy

Thats the best lineup we can ice since pre-Houle era. We are not too far away from being a perennial contender.

4 month ago I tought we were 3-4 years away. But we've made huge stride forward.

If Belfour doesn't resign in Toronto, we gonna finish ahead of them.

Thats if Kovy or another 1st liner is signed.
The only problem with your line up is that you've got 2 players who are not currently part of the Habs roster.

You will probably see 2 of Hossa/Higgins/Plekanec in the lineup this year. I don't expect all three will crack the line up. I think it's make or break time for Hossa with the Habs.

Old
06-30-2004, 03:17 PM
tinyzombies

How about:

Bulis-Bonk-Hossa?

Old
06-30-2004, 03:36 PM
(lone)Yashinfan#79

what about Jimmy Dowd for line3 centre and Bonk on line2?
or was Dowd just a rental?

Old
06-30-2004, 04:41 PM
Sam I Am

Quote:

I agree 100%. Ward is the superior complement to Bulis and Bonk. Big, hard-hitting, defensively aware and has better offensive upside to Begin who I love but see as the prototype fourth liner.

Old
06-30-2004, 04:49 PM
Sam I Am

Quote:

I agree 100%. Ward is the superior complement to Bulis and Bonk. Big, hard-hitting, defensively aware and has better offensive upside to Begin who I love but see as the prototype fourth liner.

Old
06-30-2004, 05:03 PM
MissCanuck

I keep thinking of that move he made on Raycroft DAYUM! Great checker but he also has offensive skills... Obviously. And I would like to see him get more of a chance playing with a center who can move the puck well.

Old
06-30-2004, 05:06 PM
markov`

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo Ovechkin
what about Jimmy Dowd for line3 centre and Bonk on line2?
or was Dowd just a rental?
What about Ribeiro? 4th line duty? :lol

Dowd was a rental. Don't except to see him next year.

Old
06-30-2004, 05:11 PM
H2ODP

vCash: 120
Ryder-Bonk-Hossa

It's gonna be werid listening to Hab play-by-play's.. "Bonk to Hossa, scores!"

Old
06-30-2004, 05:19 PM
L4br3cqu3
Booya !

vCash: 905
I also think this could be a great 3rd line, even if I personnally think the team could benefit from 3 scoring lines and 1 checking/energy line.

Bulis has so much speed, sometimes it's awesome to see him go from one side of the rink to the other. As for his skills, well, IMO he's an underrated passer, and he just doesn't use his shot at the right time, so his offensive awareness isn't all that good, but he's above average defensively, because of his mobility.

Bonk I haven't seen alot, but some people here seem to underrate him badly... have you seen his points totals, seasons after seasons ? For a *now* 'third-liner', damn I'm happy to see this quality Plus, finally a big center, that was a must for so many years... now we got him Only knock against him is that he's a so-so skater, and a bit inconsistent... but he's only, what 27-28 ? He's entering his prime... come on !

Ward, I've always been a fan of. He has trouble skating, as he doesn't seem to have good balance on his skates. His speed is ok for the NHL I think, though. I think he could benefit from getting a bit more muscle, upper and lower body, as he could be alot more efficient in the physical department, and IMO he has very good hands, not just the mobility to use 'em at maximum.

Closed Thread