HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Stastny to Buffalo

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2011, 06:42 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

vCash: 500
Terrible deal for Buffalo, his production isn't much better than Roy's.

Old
02-17-2011, 06:44 PM
drinking bleach irl
don't be so serious

vCash: 436
If Statsny's a dollar, Roy's 75 cents. Not worth what Colorado would need to upgrade.

Old
02-17-2011, 06:44 PM
static80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
I know right. If we are trading Stastny one of those guys has to be coming back as part of the package.

If you want one of our best players you have to give us one of yours.
I do agree too. I would think Vanek or Miller would be more available than Myers.

Can a deal be done here? Probably not for Stastny, hence my post including O'Reilly which everyone pounced on.
O'Reilly would be the more available of the 2 and even then it would require a hefty payment, particularly during the deadline, more of an off season deal, or even a draft day deal in my opinion.

Old
02-17-2011, 06:47 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Costanza View Post
Roy and Enroth should be enough.
I'd rather keep Stastny. I realize that Enroth's 7 career NHL games should be enough to anoint him as our next, newwwwwwwww NUMBER 1 goalie but....I'll still pass.

(I actually DO like him as a prospect but unless Marty McFly or BIF comes and visit me in a flying Dolerian with a SPORTS ALMANAC, I don't bite on this deal)

It's still very SAD for us Avs fans though. Because if we DON'T TRADE STASTNY, we'll lose him for nothing on the UFA market...oh wait...that's not right. Hang on...ok...if we don't acquire a better goalie than we have right now, we'll be stuck to SUCK with Budaj and Anderson the rest of THIS season and that will only get us a better draft pick next June...oh wait...that doesn't work either. Darn it!

Old
02-17-2011, 06:49 PM
LFDM

Reading this thread I know why I don't frequent these proposal threads...

It's either one or the other side terribly underrating a player.

In this case Roy (I don't like him much) is valued so wrong...
There's a reason why HF posters aren't GMs...

In the end Col and Buf are bad trading partners, when you want to deal centers.

Old
02-17-2011, 06:56 PM
Freudian
No Guenin, No cry

vCash: 0
The value of a guy like Stastny increases if you have another quality center. Like Duchene or Roy. It would make more sense for Buffalo to want Stastny if they keep Roy in the process.

And this is of course the reason why Avs will hang on to him. Stastny as a poor mans Ron Francis is the perfect partner for the more dynamic Duchene in the long run. Them being so different also give Avs a lot of options to find good fits with the wingers.

Old
02-17-2011, 07:57 PM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Can someone explain to me why Stastny is soooo much more valuable than Roy???

Since 07-08:

Roy: 276 gp, 96 g, 159 a, 255 p - .92 ppg

Stastny: 248 gp, 72 g, 159 a, 231 p - .93 ppg

Roy also is only about 2 years older and makes about 2 million less. Roy also plays in all situations. He is a #1 center on a great contract. If anything, Roy is the more valuable player based on contract. Please enlighten me, if you can.

Old
02-17-2011, 08:13 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

I'm sorry Buffalo fans.

We aren't CoinStar.

You can't bring us your bag of loose change and expect crisp dollar bills from us.

We have NOTHING to gain especially as a team in rebuild if you don't send back one of Myers or Miller.

Old
02-17-2011, 08:13 PM
Armond White
Go Sabres!

Don't understand the need to dump Enroth and a 1st for a marginal upgrade at center. We need to get another center, not flip our one good one for another. What's the point, besides angering the fan base trying to explain why you just shipped out two valuable pieces and another big name?

Old
02-17-2011, 08:49 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

If Avalanche fans think that the proposal in the OP isn't enough value then they're off their rocker. That's actually more than we should have to give up for a center that wouldn't be much better than what we have now.

Avs fans are overrating Stastny, or underrating Roy, or both.

Just my opinion.

Old
02-17-2011, 09:01 PM
SabresFanNorthPortFL

So it seems Avs fans want one of Miller, Myers or Vanek....

Myers....really, I don't know what type of proposal any team could make to pry him out of Buffalo, and I'd really think it would be blockbuster type, and I'm talking about something including a Stamkos type. I really don't think if San Jose called and tried to trade us Thorton (with an extension) we'd trade him. Crazy, overvaluing, yes but his ceiling/potential as a 6'8" monster defensman who is fluid on his skates is just through the roof, especially when he puts on 20 lbs.

As for Miller, he is our face of the franchise, and we all think the new ownership is going to go through a retool, not a rebuild. I'm not sure they'd trade him, as they think we can contend, yes contend next year with a "out with 3/4 players, in with 3/4 players."

So are you saying that Vanek for Stansy is what you want? A top winger to play with Duschene (sp?)? That I think could happen. Vanek really is a sniper, and with the right center/system could/will be a 0 goal scorer. Already 2 40 goal seasons.

I think with the ownership change that might be doable. It would also give us

Roy
Stansy

as our top 2 centers. I think I'd bite on that. If we could somehow pry say Stoll out of LA, we could have a solid 3. We are deeper on the wings anyway, and need center depth.

So what are you proposing in a deal centered around Vanek/Stansy?

Old
02-17-2011, 09:07 PM
The Big Chill

Send a message via AIM to The Big Chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisruff View Post
I've heard whispers that Stastny might be available.
Why? I don't know.

But if he is, would

Roy
Enroth
Sekera or Butler
1st

be enough?

dude the point is for buffalo to bring in another top 6 center...not trade away their only one.

i don't think we have the assets the avs would want for stastny. however i would offer

pysyk
enroth
gerbe
1st

Old
02-17-2011, 09:07 PM
NHL33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanNorthPortFL View Post
So it seems Avs fans want one of Miller, Myers or Vanek....
Nope, I know I'm in the minority but I'm not a fan of Miller. Center is more important than Vanek, so definitely not on that end but it's not a discredit to Vanek. Myers? Sure. Original package? Overpayment by Buffalo -- sure. Quantity even if having some quality for Stastny? Nope.

Old
02-17-2011, 09:19 PM
buffalocupcrazy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Ellis Problems View Post
If Statsny's a dollar, Roy's 75 cents. Not worth what Colorado would need to upgrade.
roy is so undervalued.

he has his flaws, but he plays in every situation, has put up more points than stastny in a similar amount of games and has a WAY better contract.

at worst, they're equals

Old
02-17-2011, 09:24 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

This basically sums up that statement, yeah. Roy is being incredibly underrated by the Avs fans. I understand Stastny is very valuable, but Roy and him produce at a very similar pace, and to add that much (An overpayment by Buffalo) and have Avs fans say it's a bad proposal is ridiculous.

It's not going to benefit either team to deal Stastny to Buffalo. It just doesn't work.

Last edited by Ensane: 02-18-2011 at 12:03 AM. Reason: removed dp
Old
02-17-2011, 09:27 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

I don't think Buffalo understands Stastny.

Old
02-17-2011, 09:28 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aittokallio View Post
I'm not laughing at you. It just sounds really funny.

Old
02-17-2011, 09:37 PM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aittokallio View Post
What does that even mean?

This needs to be made very clear, because perception seems to be different than reality around here. Based on production to contract trade value:

Roy>>>Stastny

If you want to pay an extra $2 million for 8 points in every 1000 games, be my guest, but that's not how it works. There is nothing tangible that says Stastny has more value than Roy, therefore he doesn't.

Old
02-17-2011, 09:40 PM
Freudian
No Guenin, No cry

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
This basically sums up that statement, yeah. Roy is being incredibly underrated by the Avs fans. I understand Stastny is very valuable, but Roy and him produce at a very similar pace, and to add that much (An overpayment by Buffalo) and have Avs fans say it's a bad proposal is ridiculous.

It's not going to benefit either team to deal Stastny to Buffalo. It just doesn't work.
Or you don't read the thread properly. Because you missed that most Avs fans here acknowledge that the proposal is tilted in Avs favor.

I don't see the point of getting upset because the rest of the world don't appreciate Buffalo players as much as Buffalo fans do. Duh. Of course they don't. They don't watch them for 80 games a year.

Old
02-17-2011, 09:43 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Or you don't read the thread properly. Because you missed that most Avs fans here acknowledge that the proposal is tilted in Avs favor.

I don't see the point of getting upset because the rest of the world don't appreciate Buffalo players as much as Buffalo fans do. Duh. Of course they don't. They don't watch them for 80 games a year.
WHOA. Dude. Calm down. An Avs fan just said that Buffalo fans "don't understand Stastny." I'm not upset. I was just giving my opinion. This deal won't ever, ever be made, because it doesn't benefit either team. I don't care if you undervalue Roy.

Old
02-17-2011, 10:31 PM
Goulet17

I think both teams are probably underrating the other team's player (Stastny or Roy).

But I do feel that even Avs fans undervalue Stastny at times. He is a player that plays in all situations and is perhaps Colorado's best penalty killing forward, and plays a gritty, yet clean style.

Not to mention that he is emerging as an elite faceoff guy. Only Manny Malholtra has more faceoff wins than Stastny this season (at least as of tonight).

Old
02-17-2011, 10:39 PM
NHL33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet17 View Post
Not to mention that he is emerging as an elite faceoff guy. Only Manny Malholtra has more faceoff wins than Stastny this season (at least as of tonight).
Stastny's faceoff percentage is good, but not great. He's 30th overall in FO% at under 53%, which I would not consider elite.

Old
02-17-2011, 10:50 PM
mgeise

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisruff View Post
I've heard whispers that Stastny might be available.
Why? I don't know.

But if he is, would

Roy
Enroth
Sekera or Butler
1st

be enough?
I just don't think it makes sense to trade Roy for Stastny. I'd do Pominville, Enroth, Sekera, and a 1st for Stastny, but I would think Roy and Stastny would have pretty comparable value. Roy plus all that for Stastny, at best a marginal upgrade over Roy, is terrible for Buffalo.

Old
02-17-2011, 10:56 PM
Goulet17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL33 View Post
Stastny's faceoff percentage is good, but not great. He's 30th overall in FO% at under 53%, which I would not consider elite.
You do realize that you should take into account the number of faceoffs that a player has taken when evaluating faceoff efficiency.

For many of the players in the top 30, Statsny has over 200 more faceoff wins and has taken nearly 400 more draws. It does make a difference when you are talking a 1-2% difference.

Old
02-18-2011, 12:22 AM
Drij

Quote:
Originally Posted by static80 View Post
It's more than whispers.
The price will be steeper than the package here though.
Stastny is considered a 2a center, he'll require a heavy package, but you are correct, Roy would most likely be involved.
You should include Connolly in that as well given the Duchene injury.
They most likely wouldn't want Enroth, they'd be looking for NHL experienced Goalie talent. But it has merit to add him. Sekera or Butler is good, but add Montador for sure.

Buffalo package in my opinion,

Roy
Connolly
Sekera/Butler
Montador
Rivet
1st rd pick 2011
2nd and 3rd pick 2012

FOR:
Stastny
O'Reilly

Is it over payment? Aren't all deadline deals.
But here's the deal, this would give Buffalo some serious leverage at the much needed Center position by covering the 2nd and 3rd line center position with youth for years to come.

Colorado gets back into the playoff race and has 3 good draft picks to boot.
no, no, and no.

Closed Thread