HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Edm-nsh

Old
02-18-2011, 12:13 AM
SDig14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Also I'll agree with the point that Nashville's great defense is mainly a myth created by some up-and-coming prospects people think will be studs coupled with Weber and Suter being elite. We so few goals against because we have some pretty solid two-way forwards, and Rinne has been playing lights out hockey this season. We could use more experienced depth on the Nashville blueline. Offense is important, but if Edm is looking for defense it would have to be a prospect. (I don't know what Edm is looking for)
Our main goals would be to add a centre or defenseman.

SDig14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 12:14 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
That being said, the fact you guys would have Suter, Franson, Klein, and prospects like Ellis, Blum, Josi, etc., I have a feeling if Poile was offered a potential franchise forward in Hall, he would move one of Weber or Suter. I know I would if I was in that position because Nashville could really use that added offense.

Obviously, that will never happen, but I can't see them telling us to add another #1 overall pick on top of Hall.
The decision would be a pretty difficult one. Move Weber and you move a big, mean defenseman with a HUGE shot, with leadership qualities, and the respect of the locker room. Move Suter and you move the guy who makes Weber look absolutely elite. Suter does so much to open up Weber's game it's not even funny.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 12:17 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Our main goals would be to add a centre or defenseman.
Goc went down tonight, and we don't expect to see either O'Reilly or Lombardi this season. Center is out. We have some prospects who look to be NHL ready defensemen, but they've never been proven. If you're looking for a roster player we won't be good trade partners.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 01:15 AM
SDig14

Quote:
Goc went down tonight, and we don't expect to see either O'Reilly or Lombardi this season. Center is out. We have some prospects who look to be NHL ready defensemen, but they've never been proven. If you're looking for a roster player we won't be good trade partners.
I would imagine if the oilers ever made a deal with Nashville, one of Blum, Ellis, Josi, franson, or Watson would be their target...not sure what kind of deal would ever be made between the 2 teams, but I'm sure it would be a winger for D type of deal

SDig14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 01:35 AM
camsoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Suter or Weber would have to include Hall or Eberle as well as this year's first. Franson would probably be attainable during the offseason, but definately not when we're basically tied for 8th place with 5 teams.
This is super laughable. The oilers aren't going to give up essentially two 1st overall drafts for Frason! Your smoking it. He isn't hall of fame worthy why would any team trade there best chance at getting better for someone who is not elite. I am not saying franson isn't awesome but he is at best as good at his position as Hemsky is at his.And knowone says Hemsky is elite. Were not talking Prime Nik Lidstrom or Anyone like that. Like i said great player yes. Worth two overall's Not even close

camsoilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 01:35 AM
goggog

Quote:
Originally Posted by theneuf33 View Post
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/teams/nashville_predators theres a good place to start looking

and yes an olympic gold medallist and captain proven defenseman is worth a high prospect and a pick
Eric Brewer?

goggog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 01:36 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Not this again... OP needs to be a little more specific..

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 02:06 AM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Quote:
I would imagine if the oilers ever made a deal with Nashville, one of Blum, Ellis, Josi, franson, or Watson would be their target...not sure what kind of deal would ever be made between the 2 teams, but I'm sure it would be a winger for D type of deal
that was the whole premise of my proposal and this thread, the wing being hemsky since he can help right away with NSH playoff run

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 02:15 AM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Not this again... OP needs to be a little more specific..
alright i got a little bit of a feel for how each team stands so i changed the original proposal to something more concrete

Old
02-18-2011, 02:29 AM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Danglefest View Post
TO NSH: Hemsky + Edm 2nd 2011

TO EDM: Franson + conditional 2nd/3rd 2011

Edmonton recieve the only pick being a 2nd rounder and it's done. If not then we'll keep looking

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 02:46 AM
oilinblood

vCash: 553
OIlers have lots of high end d prospects that fit our time line. we have no need to try to acquire a dman for now.

If we want a ready dman for now we can use our 25 Million cap space this summer.

oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 03:04 AM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
OIlers have lots of high end d prospects that fit our time line. we have no need to try to acquire a dman for now.

If we want a ready dman for now we can use our 25 Million cap space this summer.
it dosnt seem like you have high end defensive prospects. franson is 23 years old and someone who you can use now and for years to come.

hemsky will not be around or as productive once ALL or even most of your prospects have hit their primes

Old
02-18-2011, 06:40 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by camsoilers View Post
This is super laughable. The oilers aren't going to give up essentially two 1st overall drafts for Frason! Your smoking it. He isn't hall of fame worthy why would any team trade there best chance at getting better for someone who is not elite. I am not saying franson isn't awesome but he is at best as good at his position as Hemsky is at his.And knowone says Hemsky is elite. Were not talking Prime Nik Lidstrom or Anyone like that. Like i said great player yes. Worth two overall's Not even close
Really, did you even read the post?

Also, while I don't think the Oilers would trade Hall or Eberle for Weber, I think to get Weber they would have to add to that. Weber is not a UFA at the end of the season, he's a RFA.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 07:41 AM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qvist View Post
That's absolutely ridiculous. Neither of them are worth that.
You're absolutely right, Hall or Eberle aren't worth it. Neither have proven that they will be dominant forces in the NHL. Weber and Suter both are within the top 15 if not 10 defensemen in the entire league. Hall and Eberle are projected to be great but until they are, I just don't see the value of giving up elite pairing defensemen for the possibility of Hall or Eberle becoming anything.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 07:42 AM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

Franson alone is not going to net us Hemsky. It would take Franson, plus a decent prospect plus a 2nd or 3rd round pick to land him. That isn't going to happen at this particular time.

If Edmonton said, Franson for Hemsky straight up, if I'm Poile I jump all over that but there's no way Edm ever offers that deal.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 08:23 AM
Starscream

Quote:
That being said, the fact you guys would have Suter, Franson, Klein, and prospects like Ellis, Blum, Josi, etc., I have a feeling if Poile was offered a potential franchise forward in Hall, he would move one of Weber or Suter. I know I would if I was in that position because Nashville could really use that added offense.

Obviously, that will never happen, but I can't see them telling us to add another #1 overall pick on top of Hall.
I think Nashville would rather trade prospects like Blum, Ellis, ect for a player like Hemsky then trade either of there 2 best players for Hall or another young top prospect.

Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 08:29 AM
MisterD

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Danglefest View Post
TO NSH: Hemsky + Edm 2nd 2011

TO EDM: Franson + conditional 2nd/3rd 2011 depending on if NSH makes it past second round and hemsky is healthy for the duration

they seem like good trading partners what needs to be added to hemsky in your opinion? and yes i feel as though something needs to be added.

second Edit: seems as though franson is the most popular choice out of NSH young stud dmen.(not that NSH needs to trade a dman but they could afford to) how does this sound?
Swing and a miss...

Edmonton would want a player like Franson and a 1st to even consider moving Hemsky. And since Nashville's 1st is already gone, not going to happen.

MisterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 08:31 AM
Qvist

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
You're absolutely right, Hall or Eberle aren't worth it. Neither have proven that they will be dominant forces in the NHL. Weber and Suter both are within the top 15 if not 10 defensemen in the entire league. Hall and Eberle are projected to be great but until they are, I just don't see the value of giving up elite pairing defensemen for the possibility of Hall or Eberle becoming anything.
Huh, right. Why would anyone want one of the most highly regarded young players in the world and a likely first overall pick? Those are obviously real risky assets.

Weber is a great defenseman, but he is also a soon-to-be UFA. But who's afraid of that, right? Because surely he would never consider not re-signing in Edmonton? And give me a break, Suter is not consensually one of the league's 15 best defensemen. No one would give up those two assets for either of them, as good as they are, and certainly not anyone running the Oilers.

Homerismorama.

Qvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 08:35 AM
Qvist

Quote:
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/teams/nashville_predators theres a good place to start looking

and yes an olympic gold medallist and captain proven defenseman is worth a high prospect and a pick
This isn't "a high prospect and a pick". These are two of the most highly touted young players in the world and a likely first overall pick.

Old
02-18-2011, 08:36 AM
Qvist

Quote:
Like he said, that's what it would cost to get one of them from us. A ridiculous overpayment. It isn't a proposal. Just a guess at the kind of crazy offer it would take for Poile to pull the trigger.
OK, fair enough.

Old
02-18-2011, 08:56 AM
kyle

Quote:
You heard it here first: Taylor Hall + (potentially) 1st overall pick for Eric Brewer.

kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 09:36 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qvist View Post
Huh, right. Why would anyone want one of the most highly regarded young players in the world and a likely first overall pick? Those are obviously real risky assets.

Weber is a great defenseman, but he is also a soon-to-be UFA. But who's afraid of that, right? Because surely he would never consider not re-signing in Edmonton? And give me a break, Suter is not consensually one of the league's 15 best defensemen. No one would give up those two assets for either of them, as good as they are, and certainly not anyone running the Oilers.

Homerismorama.
How many wrongs in one post.

First, Weber is soon to be RFA not UFA, get it right.

Second, I think you're nuts if you don't think Suter is a top 15 defenseman in the league, I'd argue he's top10...

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 10:23 AM
zeus3007*

Hemsky would cost Franson and a 2nd or 3rd. Take it or leave it.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote