HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs lose to an awful(fine, the last place) team once again.

Old
02-17-2011, 10:56 PM
prairie hab

vCash: 500
Amidst all the negativity, I am convinced that Max Pacioretty will become a GREAT player for this organization. And even though he made a few bad decisions tonight, PK has been bringing it every night.

prairie hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 10:56 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Right now, its hard for Gauthier to move. Why? Cause we have no idea how our team is with a full line up. So we can't detect the patches to fill in

LaurentHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 10:57 PM
Stradale

Gomez was good tonight, probably our best player and AK was decent in the first 2 periods but these two should not play together anymore.

They are on the same line for like 6 games now?

AK has no points since and his -8.
Gomez has 2 assists in last 6 games and is.. -9!

So I really don't see why Martin insists to keep these two together.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCareyPrice View Post
This game boiled down to 15 seconds that Price would like to have back. No need for doomsday predictions.
Exactly, a couple of bad pinches and shoddy goaltending changed the game. Add to that the fact that we played with essential 4 defensemen, 2 of which have not even played 80 games in the nhl and the other one who's a 7th d-men, there wasn't much they could have done.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCareyPrice View Post
This game boiled down to 15 seconds that Price would like to have back. No need for doomsday predictions.
It's more than that. Edmonton was better IMO. They got more scoring chances. Bulin didn't have to make many difficult saves. One against Picard and one against AKost. That's pretty much it. (I don't count Moen shots as scoring chances BTW)

zx81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnt2009 View Post
I hope they get dismantled Sunday. We need a good team, a fun team. This is not a good team even when healthy. Man would it be awesome if one day we could become just like the Pens, Caps, Lightning, and Hawks and lose our way to a team with some stars and a chance at a cup. Instead we get the great Scottie Gomez.
This is a good team when healthy. Look at what they have done despite the injuries. The problem is a couple of bad apples. Gomez and Kostitsyn. $10.5 million in cap space right there and they are disinterested over 50% of the time. It's just not good cap management. You would see a big difference if they were switched for guys who earned their pay.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
I've been a hardcore Montreal Canadiens fans for 2 decades and a half , and I'm getting tired.Yeah , our healthy line-up is better than that , but is still weak and lack toughness or skill necessary to win the cup.Nordique fan my ass.Just watch us throw draft picks around at the deadline to acquire an average player trying to save an already lost season.We shouldn't trade draft pick for Mara-like player , we should trade our Mara-like player to get draft pick.How am i wrong?
How's the season lost when the team's in 6th place? Put down the pistol, man.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 10:58 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Of all people, you blame Gomez tonight?
Gomez: 7.3 million
Darche: 500K

Solution: Replace Gomez with 14 Darches!!!11

On a serious note, Gomez, Pouliot and Kostitsyn looked pretty good tonight. I hope the Benny-SG-Gio line sticks next time, I've been egging the TV on for far too long this year so they can get reunited, nearly fell off my seat when I saw they were!

No need to panic...unless Wiz is out a long time. Then we can panic.

Oh, and Price kind of let this one go. You could argue we had time to score more goals on the worst team in the league, but those were devastating and momentum killing.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
googlymoogly

Quote:
I hope we miss the playoff for a couple of reasons:

Jacques Martin closer to getting fired.
Gomez closer to get traded/sent down/bought out.
Molson more likely to be furious with money loss due to no playoff and finally shakes things up.
Team more likely to add toughness.
Team more likely to do a flyers-like rebuilt the year after instead of endlessly being a middle-pack team that can't win it all and can't draft a franchise player except if real lucky at the draft cause everybody knows Timmins almost exclusively draft 5pi10p two-way good skater soft player. ( wishful thinking as far as rebuilt goes )
Gauthier more likely to get fired the year after.
Gauthier more likely to sign Markov instead of pretending his team can compete by making the playoff by an hair and getting to the 2nd round with Price doing all the work.
Asteroid more likely to hit Earth before this happens

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jedrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Love how Gomez gets ragged on tonight. lols you guys are jokes
It's a lot easier to play the same old song than learn a whole new setlist.

Jedrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jafar
Keep it logical

vCash: 50
At this point they have to play Pouliot and Pacioretty together as the top 2 winger of this team with Plekanec.That's the present and the future.Gionta is not a good offensive hockey player anymore , and don't even start with the goals.He doesn't even know what the word pass means.He's like 4th in shots or something in the league , he's a decent 2nd line winger but let him be that and let wingers that actually have offensive potential like Pools and Max developpe and find their edge.

Jafar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sheed36

Ice time from the D tonight..
Subban.... 29:29
Hammer... 27:36
Weber..... 27:38
Picard...... 23:23
Nash....... 8:30

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 10:59 PM
Delat

I'll just be glad if next game no D gets injured. It's ridiculous, I won't be angry at a team for losing with 5 regular out. I hope to see Gill back as soon as possible, he does a very important job with this team and he could be usefull with Subban, especially when Subban turns into Hulk and tries to destroy people.

Delat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnt2009 View Post
Imagine all those millions spent elsewhere. Imagine a good 2nd and 3rd liner for the same price as one of the biggest underachievers in the league. Who cares about tonight. Gomez is ruining the next half decade.
Nobody is debating his contract. But he was one of FEW who showed up tonight. Why isn't Plek taking any heat? The dude is invisible most road games.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
This is a good team when healthy. Look at what they have done despite the injuries. The problem is a couple of bad apples. Gomez and Kostitsyn. $10.5 million in cap space right there and they are disinterested over 50% of the time. It's just not good cap management. You would see a big difference if they were switched for guys who earned their pay.
I think it's moreso the system that's good. I've said this many times....even during the great start at the beginning of the year and the playoff run. Habs are a mismash of players. JM has done a great job getting the most out of this team.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
everybody knows Timmins almost exclusively draft 5pi10p two-way good skater soft player. ( wishful thinking as far as rebuilt goes )
Timmins has drafted 5 players that were shorter than 5'10'' since he got his job (8 drafts). The highest pick was Weber in the third round. Other than Leblanc (who is 6'0'') and 6'1 McDonagh (a small boy ), all his first round picks were 6'2'' or taller. If you blame losses on the height of our players, then do not put that blame on Timmins.

But hey we just lost, lets tank for Couturier, fire Gauthier and move the team to Vegas while we're at it! Who needs facts and common sense?

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 11:00 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
Imagine if Markov/Gorges/Spacek/Hamrlik/Gill/Subban are all healthy, they could have possibly dealt Hamrlik to a team that needed him, and the Habs could survive that loss with the emergence of Weber. Of those top 6, 2 guys played tonight. It basically handcuffs PG from doing anything of significance unless he wants to part with a bunch of picks, which I'm guessing he doesn't.

Hard to win with AHL defense.
I don't disagree with you... So we get younger on D next year and maybe trade some UFAs to teams at the trade deadline and stockpile more picks!

hammer. AK, Halpern. Pyatt, Moen could help other teams... No shame in loading up for the future.

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jafar
Keep it logical

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
How's the season lost when the team's in 6th place? Put down the pistol, man.
Any season that we can't contend for the cup is lost.

Jafar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Love how Gomez gets ragged on tonight. lols you guys are jokes
The problem wasn't Gomez tonight. The problem was we can see how involved he can be, but only is 1 out of every 5 games this season. And you see how good he was yet he still can't get points, against the worst team in the league. So 110% effort + worst team in the league and 0 points? There is a problem.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tusk

When this team plays a team game they can be scary, they are nowhere close to being a write off, people expect the world from them but really, they have to play like the Lemaire coached Devils to be successful and they have shown that at times this season. It's an annoying loss to take but whatever, it happens.

Tusk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
He had 5 d-men, 2 played in Hamilton this year. 4 of them don't have 200 games of nhl experience. What did you want the guy to do?

I'm not a Martin fan, but there are many injuries to the D and for a defensive team, that's not a good thing.

BTW, Gomez was our best player tonight and created a ton of chances.
I want to see the best dmen saved for the most dangerous moments. Nash should have gotten more time. Instead of constantly rushing back and forth set up in the offensive zone! I thought Montreal was a defensive team? Our defense was decimated so NOW we decide to go run and gun? What the hell was he thinking?

gomez was not our best player, just because someone can rush the puck and then immediatly give it up it doesn't mean he is accomplishing ANYTHING. The guy tires out his linemates, makes **** passes and wastes our possession time. You think our defensemen want to be chasing this guy down the rink just to have to race back to cover up when he instinctivly loses the puck? Tell this idiot to set up in the offensive zone for once, jesus christ.

Like others have said DD has been red hot but does he get rewarded? NO, he gets 10 minutes while gomez runs around with his head cut off.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedrik View Post
I think I heard on the radio earlier today that we're 4-16-2-2 there in the last ten years or something. I guess it'd be 17 now. Don't quote me on that -- I may have misheard.
Yeah after a November 30, 2000 win at Vancouver we've gone 2-18-5 there now. Incredible. If we're 2-20-5 by the end of this, consider it a curse.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delat View Post
I'll just be glad if next game no D gets injured.
Eventually our D squad will be so bad that we won't even care if we lose one more

zx81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 11:01 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Sick scare, man.

Unless the swelling lasts long, I don't see him not being able to play Sunday.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 11:01 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Nothing to do with it. We didn't have more size in 07-08 but still won 25 road games.
Gomez 5-11, 198
Cammalleri 5-9, 182
Gionta 5-7, 173
Max Pac 6-2, 196

Koivu 5-10, 182
Kovalev, 6-2, 222
Higgins, 6-0, 205
Ryder, 6-0, 186

Akost and Pleks on both teams.

Even if you sub Ryder for Streit who was used as forward at 5-11, 202.

I don't think its a deciding factor but more the mix of players but that team was clearly bigger.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote