HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill XII

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2011, 04:47 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Bob McKenzie: Any rumor involving LAK mentioning Simmonds or any young core guys, I wouldn't put lot of stock in it. Unless it's for a bona fide superstar
... Did someone from the media just understand us? Weird.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
02-21-2011, 04:52 PM
northernKing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicker View Post
I am going to reiterate something that is very obvious, because some still don't get it... Jack signed a seven year contract, has progressed every season, and he's been playing very well. Jack will not be traded. Jack is a part of the core now (whether you like it or not), along with Kopi, DD, and Quick. Trading Jack would open up a huge hole and makes ZERO sense. Not after the amount of time and money the organization has put in to develop him, and get him to where he is currently at.

Guys like Martinez, Voinov, Hickey, Muzzin and Teubert are the guys that are available from our prospect pool. It's really that simple.

Also, in regards to that Pens and Dallas deal... Wow. Dallas got owned. I see Gologoski being very comparable to Martinez, and while he is a solid player to have in your top four, you don't trade away a potential 30-40 goal scorer for him. Neal must have really fallen out of favor, especially with the emergence of Benn, and it might also mean that they are very set on re-signing Richards, so money definitely plays a big part, as well.
Trust me JJ is one of my favorite Kings. But if we could have moved him and our 1st for Stewart and Shattenkirk I would have. Heck can you imagine us then moving Shattenkirk to Dallas for Neal!!! Too bad its not that simple

Old
02-21-2011, 04:53 PM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

vCash: 1015
wowzers. Dallas fans would be sobbing, or watching Golio youtube videos or both

Old
02-21-2011, 04:54 PM
santiclaws

Was that the sound of the Kings' chances of getting into the playoffs improving? By the way, it seems that most Dallas fans are not particularly upset.

Old
02-21-2011, 05:01 PM
wicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post
Trust me JJ is one of my favorite Kings. But if we could have moved him and our 1st for Stewart and Shattenkirk I would have. Heck can you imagine us then moving Shattenkirk to Dallas for Neal!!! Too bad its not that simple
I wouldn't make any of those trades. We have plenty of Shattenkirks in the organization, and while getting Stewart would be very ideal, getting him would amount to filling a hole only to create a larger one. The Avs, I'm sure, also would have liked to keep Stewart, but to have a potential top two defenseman is worth more to an organization, instead of having a very solid top six forward group. The Stars also might have thought the same thing - trading Neal for Goligoski. Niskanen is a non-factor. I'd rather give guys like Moller and Loktionov a shot, instead of trading away a top two defenseman. Makes little sense.

Old
02-21-2011, 05:19 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Neal was someone I'd love on the Kings. Kings should have matched that and expanded it due to Dallas being in our division.

Old
02-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
Neal was someone I'd love on the Kings. Kings should have matched that and expanded it due to Dallas being in our division.
The only equivalent to Goligoski the Kings have is Jack Johnson.

Old
02-21-2011, 05:38 PM
scramble91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
The only equivalent to Goligoski the Kings have is Jack Johnson.
People might think im nuts...but Goligoski is not on the same level as JJ. From what ive seen he is just slighty better than A-mart.

Old
02-21-2011, 05:38 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

I wonder what the Penguins might want for Neal???

Old
02-21-2011, 05:40 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
I wish Pittsburgh would flip Neal to L.A. (a la Radek Bonk for Mathieu Garon) now.

Old
02-21-2011, 05:44 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

It's funny reading all the Dallas fans on the main board trying to convince themselves that they didn't get mugged in this deal.

Old
02-21-2011, 05:47 PM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZIE King View Post
I wonder what the Penguins might want for Neal???
No way broseph. They need wingers worse than we do.

Old
02-21-2011, 05:48 PM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicker View Post
I wouldn't make any of those trades. We have plenty of Shattenkirks in the organization, and while getting Stewart would be very ideal, getting him would amount to filling a hole only to create a larger one. The Avs, I'm sure, also would have liked to keep Stewart, but to have a potential top two defenseman is worth more to an organization, instead of having a very solid top six forward group. The Stars also might have thought the same thing - trading Neal for Goligoski. Niskanen is a non-factor. I'd rather give guys like Moller and Loktionov a shot, instead of trading away a top two defenseman. Makes little sense.
Well i haven't seen enough of Hickey or Voynov other than WJ's but I think your selling Shattenkirk short. In the games I've seen him play this guys vision is top notch. Plus if we have plenty of his type than we can move a dman like JJ. All we here about is this depth on D. If DL was smart he would be calling up guys like Voynov and Hickey for a few weeks at a time to see what they can do in the NHL. This would also showcase them for other teams. Why not up the value of your assets?

Plus as I've mentioned many times before, a 2 week call up is a big financial gain for guys on two way deals. We have all heard about the possibility of Voynov heading to the KHL for bigger dollars, so why not gain an idea of his worth while at the same time rewarding him for his strong play in the AHL with both a call up and financial gain. In today's NHL loyalty and little things like that go along way in signing guys in the future.

So would you do these deals if available.

Stewart and Shattenkirk for JJ and 1st rd pick
Shattenkirk and Moller for Neal

Neal-Kopitar-Stewart would be equal to ANA's top trio

Old
02-21-2011, 06:06 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Likely means Pittsburgh has no interest in Hemsky now if they ever really did.

Old
02-21-2011, 06:06 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Well i haven't seen enough of Hickey or Voynov other than WJ's but I think your selling Shattenkirk short. In the games I've seen him play this guys vision is top notch. Plus if we have plenty of his type than we can move a dman like JJ. All we here about is this depth on D. If DL was smart he would be calling up guys like Voynov and Hickey for a few weeks at a time to see what they can do in the NHL. This would also showcase them for other teams. Why not up the value of your assets?

Plus as I've mentioned many times before, a 2 week call up is a big financial gain for guys on two way deals. We have all heard about the possibility of Voynov heading to the KHL for bigger dollars, so why not gain an idea of his worth while at the same time rewarding him for his strong play in the AHL with both a call up and financial gain. In today's NHL loyalty and little things like that go along way in signing guys in the future.

So would you do these deals if available.

Stewart and Shattenkirk for JJ and 1st rd pick
Shattenkirk and Moller for Neal

Neal-Kopitar-Stewart would be equal to ANA's top trio
Ryan>Neal
Getzlaf>Kopitar
Perry>Stewart

Old
02-21-2011, 06:13 PM
SONTOULOS

Quote:
DAMN! I would have traded JJ for either Stewart or Neal! If JJ could have brought us Neal AND Niskanen? WOW.
Funny thing isn't Niskanen the guy who fought Crosby this year? LOL
LA supposedly has this greatD depth that is preventing guys like Voynov and Hickey from getting NHL minutes yet we don't use it land a top line young goal scoring winger?
oh how right you are

Old
02-21-2011, 06:17 PM
Rusty Batch

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Ryan>Neal
Getzlaf>Kopitar
Perry>Stewart
funny how you think Getzlaf is better then kopitar. Yet he doesn't out-produce him even with the garbage Kopi gets and the great talent Getzlaf has on the wings.

Getslaf isn't even close to the goal scorer kopi is.

Old
02-21-2011, 06:20 PM
Blikian29

Send a message via AIM to Blikian29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Batch View Post
funny how you think Getzlaf is better then kopitar. Yet he doesn't out-produce him even with the garbage Kopi gets and the great talent Getzlaf has on the wings.

I'm a Kings fan and I wouldn't be comfortable saying that Kopitar is better than Getzlaf. He just isn't. And believe me, Getzlaf is and always will be a better goal scorer than Kopitar. That being said, I still love Kopi's game and believe he can be a 90pt player with the right wingers.

Old
02-21-2011, 06:22 PM
DeeMeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Batch View Post

Getzlaf makes his wingers talented. He is also like Kopi where he would definitely would score more if he wasn't a pass 1st center. Getzlaf may not produce as many points, but that is only because he isn't the only option on the line. Shut down Getz, and everyone else burns you....Shut down Kopi, and you probably beat the Kings.

I give a slight edge to Getz offensively because he is less prone to cold streaks and takes less shifts off.

Getzlaf beats Kopi hands down in regards to leadership intangibles, especially when it comes to physical play, standing up for himself, and for teammates.

Old
02-21-2011, 06:24 PM
TwzKing

Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
Getzlaf makes his wingers talented. He is also like Kopi where he would definitely would score more if he wasn't a pass 1st center. Getzlaf may not produce as many points, but that is only because he isn't the only option on the line. Shut down Getz, and everyone else burns you....Shut down Kopi, and you probably beat the Kings.

I give a slight edge to Getz offensively because he is less prone to cold streaks and takes less shifts off.

Getzlaf beats Kopi hands down in regards to leadership intangibles, especially when it comes to physical play, standing up for himself, and for teammates.
I agree with this 100%.

Old
02-21-2011, 06:25 PM
Tadite

I'm putting in my vote for no more duck discussion. Only time they should be talked about is when we have a party to celebrate that they no longer exist.

Old
02-21-2011, 06:29 PM
scramble91

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post

I would agree with some of this...like the tough play and leadership but getz doesnt make his wingers better anymore than Kopitar does. He has never been paired with sexton and marchant . (almost comparible to Richie and Simmonds).

Perry and Getz is a match made in heaven...but Perry produces with or without getzlaf.

but to the poster before...Getzlaf really doesnt score more goals than Kopi...Getz has never broken 25 goals. They both equally stink this year with goals

Old
02-21-2011, 06:36 PM
DeeMeck

I'd like to see a rumor for a criminal. Haven't had that element since Gauthier.

The Kings are just playing soft right now, despite the winning streak. That Hamonic kid of the Islanders would have been destroyed if he had pulled that cheap **** on most teams, instigator or not.

Hate to bring up the Ducks again....but do you ever see their stars get tossed around or cheapshotted? No, because there are consequences whether they take an instigator or not, and it would have happened the very next shift.

Kings need to take their instigators now and set a tone heading into the playoffs that they aren't going to take any ********. I think last year, teams didn;t want to play the Kings....this year, maybe they do. The Kings will be passive physically as usual....this team needs to be ready for a tough battle and I just don't see it right now.

I would love to see a rumor for a Mike Brown, even Matt ****ing Cooke. We need someone who is going to step up the intensity level and send a message in a not-so-nice way that the Kings CAN'T be pushed around.

Old
02-21-2011, 06:39 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
Was that the sound of the Kings' chances of getting into the playoffs improving? By the way, it seems that most Dallas fans are not particularly upset.
Intelligent Dallas fans are not upset because they need a good PMD in the worst way. They understand which position is more important.

Old
02-21-2011, 06:40 PM
Eshutz Escors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
Likely means Pittsburgh has no interest in Hemsky now if they ever really did.
Bingo. This is what matters most to the Kings regarding this deal. He's ours to lose.

Closed Thread