HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill XII

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2011, 05:47 PM
riznat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshutz Escors View Post
Bingo. This is what matters most to the Kings regarding this deal. He's ours to lose.
Have you been following the Kings during the trade deadline or free agency for the past decade or so?

Old
02-21-2011, 05:49 PM
Rusty Batch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blikian29 View Post
I'm a Kings fan and I wouldn't be comfortable saying that Kopitar is better than Getzlaf. He just isn't. And believe me, Getzlaf is and always will be a better goal scorer than Kopitar. That being said, I still love Kopi's game and believe he can be a 90pt player with the right wingers.
Something tells me that if you put Perry and Ryan on the wings of Kopitar, then Kopitars point production would go up....

Call me crazy.

Old
02-21-2011, 05:51 PM
LombardiTool

Quote:
Bingo. This is what matters most to the Kings regarding this deal. He's ours to lose.
Rumor Mongers have you hook, line, and sinker. You obviously are very new to the Kings.

Old
02-21-2011, 05:57 PM
Eshutz Escors

Quote:
Originally Posted by riznat View Post
Have you been following the Kings during the trade deadline or free agency for the past decade or so?
I didn't say we'd get him... I said he's ours to lose. I'm fully aware that we will lose him.

Old
02-21-2011, 06:00 PM
riznat

Quote:
I didn't say we'd get him... I said he's ours to lose. I'm fully aware that we will lose him.
Ahh, gotcha. You do know the team quite well then.

Old
02-21-2011, 06:12 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Some of these rumored deals make me want to puke.

Glad Mckenzie stepped in and told everyone what was up.

Old
02-21-2011, 06:19 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

EJHradek_ESPN:

4 most of the season, I've felt the Stars wouldn't move UFA Brad Richards. That feeling is changing. I now think he goes 2 highest bidder.

Old
02-21-2011, 06:36 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
EJHradek_ESPN:

4 most of the season, I've felt the Stars wouldn't move UFA Brad Richards. That feeling is changing. I now think he goes 2 highest bidder.
Throw DL's name in the hat, he does have a concussion after all.

Old
02-21-2011, 06:38 PM
outofrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
EJHradek_ESPN:

Man that would be weird. I thought that with the Neal trade that they would be set on re-signing him since they'd have more cash available. I get that he and Neal were bffs but......Were they keeping Neal around to get him signed long term? Maybe talks hadn't gone well and that's why they shipped Neal for a piece that they need and now will actually consider moving Richards if it comes to that. Hard to believe.

Old
02-21-2011, 06:39 PM
outofrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Throw DL's name in the hat, he does have a concussion after all.
Since he's injured I also think Dean's interests are more piqued.

Old
02-21-2011, 06:40 PM
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet

Quote:
So you would trade Schenn for Hemsky? That is the price thanks to all the stupid gms thus far.

I am glad DL is not making a panic move or going for the sexy pick to appease some of you.

I would not trade JJ, Simmonds, Schenn or a 1st rounder unless I am getting a top 3 winger or a 1a/1b center. I'm talking about about a Nash or E. Staal type player in return. But that's just me.

For those that want to trade Simmonds for Hemsky....what makes you think DL would trade WS for Hemsky when he wouldn't trade him for Kovalchuk?

For those crying that DL didn't get Neal....Dallas traded him to an eastern conference team. What makes you guys think they would have traded him to a division rival? A team they are trying to jump over to make the playoffs?

Old
02-21-2011, 06:45 PM
Eshutz Escors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in LA View Post
So you would trade Schenn for Hemsky? That is the price thanks to all the stupid gms thus far.
I'm trying to find the word Schenn in my post....

I don't see it, but to answer your question, no I wouldn't.

Old
02-21-2011, 06:46 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Batch View Post
funny how you think Getzlaf is better then kopitar. Yet he doesn't out-produce him even with the garbage Kopi gets and the great talent Getzlaf has on the wings.

Getslaf isn't even close to the goal scorer kopi is.
If we're talking about upside, then I'd take Kopitar over Getzlaf. But RIGHT NOW Getzlaf is a better player than Kopitar. As far as not out producing Kopitar, RG has scored at over a PPG pace in each of the last 4 seasons. Something Anze has never done once.

Old
02-21-2011, 07:02 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Ryan Getzlaf is a dynamic hockey player. Anze Kopitar can be a dynamic hockey player, that is the main difference I see. Anaheim plays a different system though, when Kopitar gets the puck his job is to get the puck low to the corners. You'll almost never see him try to undress somebody or attack the center of the ice.

Old
02-21-2011, 07:17 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Ryan Getzlaf is a dynamic hockey player. Anze Kopitar can be a dynamic hockey player, that is the main difference I see.
... The main difference that I see is that Getzlaf gets to play with Perry, who's just as good a player, if not better. It doesn't have anything to do with being "dynamic" at all. If Kopitar had a 40-goal scorer on his line, he'd be well over a point a game himself, and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Old
02-21-2011, 07:19 PM
sweatypickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Ryan Getzlaf is a dynamic hockey player. Anze Kopitar can be a dynamic hockey player, that is the main difference I see. Anaheim plays a different system though, when Kopitar gets the puck his job is to get the puck low to the corners. You'll almost never see him try to undress somebody or attack the center of the ice.
tear...

Old
02-21-2011, 07:20 PM
Eshutz Escors

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmondsFan View Post
Rumor Mongers have you hook, line, and sinker. You obviously are very new to the Kings.
Bob McKenzie: Rumor monger.

Old
02-21-2011, 07:21 PM
LombardiTool

Quote:
Bob McKenzie: Rumor monger.
Please point me to the link where McKenzie said Hemsky is ours to lose.

Old
02-21-2011, 07:30 PM
Eshutz Escors

Quote:
Please point me to the link where McKenzie said Hemsky is ours to lose.
?

LOL, he didn't. I wasn't quoting him, hence the lack of quotation marks. I was just giving my opinion based on what I've heard and read from him. He just said again that the Kings are looking and Edmonton may be selling. (again, I'm paraphrasing... no quotes or links...)

Do you consider him a rumor monger?

Old
02-21-2011, 07:32 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... The main difference that I see is that Getzlaf gets to play with Perry, who's just as good a player, if not better. It doesn't have anything to do with being "dynamic" at all. If Kopitar had a 40-goal scorer on his line, he'd be well over a point a game himself, and we wouldn't be having this discussion.
Well, we'd all love to give Kopitar a 40 goal winger but that aint happening. With what Kopitar has and has had he is occassionally a dynamic hockey player. Most games he's forced to play a defense first system that attacks the corners unfortunately.

Old
02-21-2011, 07:36 PM
LombardiTool

Quote:
?

LOL, he didn't. I wasn't quoting him, hence the lack of quotation marks. I was just giving my opinion based on what I've heard and read from him. He just said again that the Kings are looking and Edmonton may be selling. (again, I'm paraphrasing... no quotes or links...)

Do you consider him a rumor monger?
Not really but you have to be very careful in how you phrase things here. Some people will take that verbatim. They will turn this into fact. 2 or 3 months after the Hemsky situation is settled and he is NOT a King, people will bash lombardi saying. Hemsky was ours and Lombradi blew it. Even though no one knows for sure if LA is going after him.

You may think I am crazy but I have seen it for years!

Old
02-21-2011, 07:37 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Pens win big time.
HUGE win for the Pens. I'm literally doing cartwheels myself, as the Pens are my second favorite team. I liked Gogo, but to get the return it's incredible. Do you know what Neal could do on Crosby's wing? Shero is fing amazing.

Old
02-21-2011, 07:39 PM
Eshutz Escors

Quote:
Not really but you have to be very careful in how you phrase things here. Some people will take that verbatim. They will turn this into fact. 2 or 3 months after the Hemsky situation is settled and he is NOT a King, people will bash lombardi saying. Hemsky was ours and Lombradi blew it. Even though no one knows for sure if LA is going after him.

You may think I am crazy but I have seen it for years!
Fair enough. And I don't think you're crazy.

Old
02-21-2011, 07:55 PM
swany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in LA View Post

I am glad DL is not making a panic move or going for the sexy pick to appease some of you.

I would not trade JJ, Simmonds, Schenn or a 1st rounder unless I am getting a top 3 winger or a 1a/1b center. I'm talking about about a Nash or E. Staal type player in return. But that's just me.

For those that want to trade Simmonds for Hemsky....what makes you think DL would trade WS for Hemsky when he wouldn't trade him for Kovalchuk?

For those crying that DL didn't get Neal....Dallas traded him to an eastern conference team. What makes you guys think they would have traded him to a division rival? A team they are trying to jump over to make the playoffs?
I'll agree 100% on the first line of your post thanks to all the other GM's it will take Schenn to get Hemmer, now I wouldn't do that deal from a Kings point of view, unless the owner went to DL and said playoffs or your toast. Schenn is an unknown but looks like he could be a star. On the Oilers side we have to give up our best player a guy that makes everyone around him better (see assists here) and a top 10 RW in the NHL .91 PPG. So the Oil want to get the BEST PROSPECT for a PROVEN player. It's a gamble for both teams we get Schenn and he turns out to be an average player we lose the deal L.A. wins or we get Schenn he centre's Hall and Eberle for 8 years and we win 4 cups we win LOL.

Old
02-21-2011, 08:02 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Intelligent Dallas fans are not upset because they need a good PMD in the worst way. They understand which position is more important.
If you're going to trade Neal and Niskanen for a PMD, couldn't you get a better PMD in return than Goligoski?

Closed Thread