HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill XII

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2011, 01:27 PM
Fat Elvis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primakov! View Post
He's kind of like the lite version of Randy McKay. His contract is a little strong at 2.667 million for a 3rd or 4th liner, but I think he'd be an interesting consideration. Clarkson has some skill (even if the numbers aren't too hot this season) and can chuck the knuckle as well.

Maybe he can partner up with Clifford and form two-thirds of a new Crash Line.

That was my thinking. Help form at seriously bad arse line that other teams would hate to play against. Thinking he could chip in with 12-15 goals and be a mean s.o.b. A good young(26) player to complement Clifford on the other side with maybe Lewis between them. He's a contract player, just don't know what the price would be.

Old
02-22-2011, 01:35 PM
outofrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by swany View Post
Crap flying around now, Hemsky Peckham for Schenn Torbert. I don't like giving up Peckham that would be 2 shut down D-man L.A. got from us and Peckham skates better hits harder and moves the puck better than Greene I don't like this deal but if they want Schenn I guess we ahve to give up 2 roster players for one can't miss prospect and one that we have no clue how long it will take for him to play
I think the Hemsky plus Peckham coming from the Oilers may be right but not our end of the deal. Going by LA players that are available I would say it's probably more like Simmonds+Greener coming your way.

If Peckham think theres is a good chance he gets moved (it might also be to Atlanta in a Bogosian trade) then that means we would have to make room for him on the roster. Giving up Greener would be hard because he is a great guy and a solid dman, but it would be a little redundant having both him and Peckham on the team. The Oilers might also like his leadership qualities since they know him and would want him around their young guys. The Kings would probably then give the A to Jack. We'd lose grit in Simmonds but gain skill in Hemsky, and we'd lose a solid dman in Greener but gain a younger, tougher version of him with a lesser caphit. It makes sense to me.

Hemsky+Peckham for Greener+Simmer? How would you guys feel about that?

Old
02-22-2011, 01:36 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by swany View Post
Crap flying around now, Hemsky Peckham for Schenn Torbert. I don't like giving up Peckham that would be 2 shut down D-man L.A. got from us and Peckham skates better hits harder and moves the puck better than Greene I don't like this deal but if they want Schenn I guess we ahve to give up 2 roster players for one can't miss prospect and one that we have no clue how long it will take for him to play
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob McKenzie
Consider the Los Angeles Kings as a highly motivated buyer with lots of cap space and bountiful assets that could be used to get one, or maybe even two, top six forwards. Dallas centre Brad Richards is unquestionably a person of interest for the Kings, but his current medical status, that is to say concussed, is clouding the issue somewhat. Other targets for L.A. may include Edmonton's Ales Hemsky, and to a lesser extent Dustin Penner, and Florida's David Booth. Los Angeles has plenty of draft picks and young prospects in Manchester but if the Kings are to part with Brayden Schenn or, and this is a real long shot, Wayne Simmonds, it's going to take an astronomical contract player coming back. Personally, I would be leery of any Kings' trade rumor involving Simmonds or any other young, core player on the Kings' roster.
That's not Hemsky, no matter what Oilers' fans claim.

Old
02-22-2011, 01:40 PM
outofrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Schenn obviously is a no-go. But even Mac has been surprised by some of the recent trades for seemingly unavailable players and Simmer is nice to have but he's not someone that is untouchable. The past few weeks show that every player has its price.

Old
02-22-2011, 01:44 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofrange View Post
Schenn obviously is a no-go. But even Mac has been surprised by some of the recent trades for seemingly unavailable players and Simmer is nice to have but he's not someone that is untouchable. The past few weeks show that every player has its price.
Not disagreeing that every player has their price, but it's going to take a lot more than Hemsky to convince Lombardi to give up Schenn.

Old
02-22-2011, 01:45 PM
Fat Elvis

Poni+Zatkoff+3rd
for
Clarkson

I don't know , I suck at values. Too much or mugging ?

Old
02-22-2011, 01:48 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Not disagreeing that every player has their price, but it's going to take a lot more than Hemsky to convince Lombardi to give up Schenn.
As it should.

Old
02-22-2011, 01:52 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
Poni+Zatkoff+3rd
for
Clarkson

I don't know , I suck at values. Too much or mugging ?
Clarkson is a little redundant with Simmonds and Clifford on the roster already.

Old
02-22-2011, 01:53 PM
swany

Quote:
Won't hassel over that one except for the contract part. Hemsky isn't Nash or Richards but he's not a 7 or 8 mil caphit either. Hemsky is a top 10 RW in the NHL (# don't lie) he's tough (takes a pounding to make a play) and averages .91 PPG at a caphit of 4.1/mil. Big Mac Kipper, Dreger all have said Hemsky's contract is one of the BEST for production in the NHL. Would I trade Schenn for Hemsky NO but stranger things have happened.

Old
02-22-2011, 01:53 PM
outofrange

Quote:
Oh for sure. I think that if Lombardi had the choice he'd have a team full of Brayden Schenns. He is a Lombardi kind of player down to the last detail. It surprises me that some Kings fans think he is available at all. Listening to Lombardi for a few years they should know that he is as part of the core as guys like DD and Kopi. It's going to take a big overpayment from any team to make him trade him.

Old
02-22-2011, 01:54 PM
Brodeur

Clarkson's had a weird season, after he got his relatively big contract, he seemed to play more like a finesse guy instead of crashing the net. Lately he's been getting back to his bread and butter, but Nick Palmieri usurped his ice time in the top 9.

Hypothetically, not sure where he'd fit on the Kings. Personally if I were DL, I wouldn't take on Clarkson's contract with Simmonds being RFA. Plus getting Clarkson would shut the door on keeping Justin Williams more than likely.

Old
02-22-2011, 01:55 PM
swany

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
As it should.
That's why Peckham for teubert was added to the deal, still not enough for Schenn What if Gagner was added. Hemsky Gagner, for Schenn and Teubert plus a 2nd rounder.

Old
02-22-2011, 01:56 PM
Goallum

What's "Torbert"? Some sort of a Forbort-Teubert smoothie?

Old
02-22-2011, 02:09 PM
scramble91

Hmmmm Drewiske back in the lineup, and Amart out for wed game?

Old
02-22-2011, 02:10 PM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Clarkson's had a weird season, after he got his relatively big contract, he seemed to play more like a finesse guy instead of crashing the net. Lately he's been getting back to his bread and butter, but Nick Palmieri usurped his ice time in the top 9.

Hypothetically, not sure where he'd fit on the Kings. Personally if I were DL, I wouldn't take on Clarkson's contract with Simmonds being RFA. Plus getting Clarkson would shut the door on keeping Justin Williams more than likely.

I see your point, makes sense. But, you can then be more able to include Simmonds in a deal for that 1st line wing. Not sure it would affect the JW resigning or not with some contracts already coming off the books and the rfa resignings. I'm thinking some "contract" players will be moved by next season. But, it was just a thought up for some debate.

Old
02-22-2011, 02:11 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Lebrun on twitter:

Quote:
Florida Panthers phone lines burning up but no trade so far...
David Booth, plllllzzz Lombardi

Old
02-22-2011, 02:11 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Quote:
Originally Posted by scramble91 View Post
Huh? Link?

Old
02-22-2011, 02:16 PM
scramble91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
Huh? Link?

helenenothelen tweet:

Quote:
Kings practice w/different D pairs. Drewiske-Greene sted of Martinez-Greene. Looks like Martinez iis out. Paired w/Harrold in practice
probably nothing...lol but you never know at this time of the year.

Old
02-22-2011, 02:19 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Martinez>>>Drewiske....christs sake TM...

Old
02-22-2011, 02:22 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
Martinez>>>Drewiske....christs sake TM...
Maybe he's a little hurt, or ill. Maybe they want to showcase Drewiske for a trade. Who knows.

Old
02-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by scramble91 View Post
Could be the flu or maybe a little showcasing, DD hasn't played this year. Not sure if this is the time of year to see how he does, except if they're going to move him.

Old
02-22-2011, 02:23 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
What is everyone's facination with Booth? He's Brown without the hitting and a bad melon.

Old
02-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
What is everyone's facination with Booth? He's Brown without the hitting and a bad melon.

Because he's one of the few possible 50+pt players available. It's just amazing how few are on the market...

Old
02-22-2011, 02:37 PM
Kingjordan

Can someone please explain to me why the Kings would be interested in Brad Richards??

He is a great Center don't get me wrong but why spend that money and give away players for a position that is not a need?

Can he play wing?

Old
02-22-2011, 02:37 PM
nki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
Because he's one of the few possible 50+pt players available. It's just amazing how few are on the market...
"Something always comes up." - Dean Lombardi

Closed Thread