HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill XII

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2011, 11:31 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Saw this tweet from Jay Onrait who's a TSN anchor

Here's why @TSNBobMcKenzie just threw cold water on a potential Hemsky for Schenn deal: RT @mattcade24 Brayden Schenn 43 pts in 18 WHL games
Just mentioned this in the prospects thread. He is playing out of his mind this season. I am starting to think that we should hold onto Schenn regardless of the offer for him. He just might turn into Richards... We could end up with a fantastic two-way center behind Kopitar for $3 million.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Old
02-23-2011, 11:33 PM
tantrum4*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
Naslund went on decline so has Modano the last 5 years has also been in a decline.

Still Richards for hoping and praying 5 years at top level for Schenn is ridiculous.
Well you said at 30. Modano is now 40 so five years means he was still good from 30-35. ANd so was Naslund, he had 104 points as a 30 year old.

Old
02-23-2011, 11:36 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Dean may be putting his job in Schenn's hands.

Does anyone really think that Schenn will put up more than 15-25-40 next season? That is third line production. Is that enough to improve the team?

Old
02-23-2011, 11:39 PM
Orenji

Schenn will only be traded if we get a superstar back. A signed Brad Richards? Lombardi probably does it.

Stastny? Who knows.

Hemsky, Kessel, whatever? No.

Old
02-23-2011, 11:47 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post

Does anyone really think that Schenn will put up more than 15-25-40 next season? That is third line production. Is that enough to improve the team?
Doesn't mean we can't make a deal and acquire a winger (our true #1 need). We have enough assets to make a deal without Schenn, it is up to Dean to make the payment. We will know more and have more to discuss when the deadline passes.

Old
02-23-2011, 11:47 PM
Ollie Weeks

You gotta think Tambellini will lower his asking price here. We have plenty of assets to offer that aren't Schenn that SHOULD be able to get this think done.

Old
02-23-2011, 11:48 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Doesn't mean we can't make a deal and acquire a winger (our true #1 need). We have enough assets to make a deal without Schenn, it is up to Dean to make the payment. We will know more and have more to discuss when the deadline passes.
I still think that Sturm was the deadline deal. Dean will wait until the draft to get his top 6 forward.

Old
02-23-2011, 11:50 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
True.

But everybody will be asking for Schenn, despite all of the D that DL has stockpiled.

Old
02-23-2011, 11:51 PM
Whiskeypete

Dean rides Schenn as far as he can take the org. Lokti waiting in the wings as well with promise. i am also intrigued to see if M Pelech and J Neal develop into anything in a few years. both are in their first years of AHL/ECHL post Jrs seasons. a few more seasons and LA could have a glut of centerman. personally i don't move Schenn for Richards. the kid is going to be own and it would be heartbreaking to see another one leave

Old
02-23-2011, 11:54 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post

Well thats ~10 more pts then Zues will get this year, plus hopefully the continued improvement of Clifford and Simmonds....add that to a team thats +22, and hopefully the continued improvement of DD/JJ....still not Cup favorites but hopefully team that can "make noise"

Old
02-23-2011, 11:54 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Moses View Post
You gotta think Tambellini will lower his asking price here. We have plenty of assets to offer that aren't Schenn that SHOULD be able to get this think done.
I don't see why the Oilers will lower their asking price.

Old
02-23-2011, 11:55 PM
Orenji

If we were gonna trade Schenn, it would be for a young proven center (Stastny) or a signed Brad Richards. Trading him for Hemsky is stupid. Hemsky gets injured all the time and isn't a sure thing. It also would open a hole in our center future. Loktionov could become a 2nd line center, but who knows? With Schenn, we have Kopitar/Schenn/Loktionov down the middle for the next decade.

Schenn is at the highest a prospect's value could ever be, though. He destroyed the WJC. He's destroying the WHL. He looks like an amazing player.

Old
02-23-2011, 11:56 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Moses View Post
I don't think he will to be honest. If he has to settle for something other than Schenn and he decides to make the trade (he really doesn't have to, that's why he has more leverage than most GM's this time of the year) it will probably be very substantial. It might be a question of do you want to move Schenn or Clifford, Forbort, and a 1st and quite possibly even more? Because you would have to think that if one of the top 5 or so undrafted prospects outside of the NHL is even a possibility that you know that Hemsky's value is sky high. And if any of you have been scouting the Oilers lately you'll know that with the exception of the Minnesota game Hemsky has been dynamite. IMO it makes sense from both sides for a Schenn for Hemsky deal, I understand that there will be resistance from both sides fans, but it makes sense for both teams.

02-23-2011, 11:59 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
If we were gonna trade Schenn, it would be for a young proven center (Stastny) or a signed Brad Richards. Trading him for Hemsky is stupid. Hemsky gets injured all the time and isn't a sure thing. It also would open a hole in our center future. Loktionov could become a 2nd line center, but who knows? With Schenn, we have Kopitar/Schenn/Loktionov down the middle for the next decade.

Schenn is at the highest a prospect's value could ever be, though. He destroyed the WJC. He's destroying the WHL. He looks like an amazing player.
Yes, trading Schenn for Hemsky would be all-time stupid move. Thankfully, DL isn't going to be moving him for Hemsky.

I doubt a signed Richards, as he will want to command top dollar this off season.

For Statsny? Sure, but I want a little more than Statsny and Avalanche will need to take on Handzus.

Old
02-24-2011, 12:01 AM
Goallum

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
Yes, trading Schenn for Hemsky would be all-time stupid move. Thankfully, DL isn't going to be moving him for Hemsky.

I doubt a signed Richards, as he will want to command top dollar this off season.

For Statsny? Sure, but I want a little more than Statsny and Avalanche will need to take on Handzus.
Yeah, if I'm Handzus, I'm definitely waiving my NMC to to there.

Old
02-24-2011, 12:03 AM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post

I completely disagree, his value is very high for a prospect but not as high as a number of prospects have been. You can't sit here and tell me that his value is at a Crosby, Lindros, Lemieux, Ovechkin, Malkin, or even Stamkos, Hall, Tavares, etc. level. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if a number of scouts would hold Ryan Johansen in a higher regard than Schenn, I personally do.

Old
02-24-2011, 12:05 AM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

I'd trade Schenn for Matt Duchene or Tyler Seguin. That's it. No one else is worth it IMO.

Old
02-24-2011, 12:06 AM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I completely disagree, his value is very high for a prospect but not as high as a number of prospects have been. You can't sit here and tell me that his value is at a Crosby, Lindros, Lemieux, Ovechkin, Malkin, or even Stamkos, Hall, Tavares, etc. level. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if a number of scouts would hold Ryan Johansen in a higher regard than Schenn, I personally do.
Now you're talking crazy... AND you're not getting Schenn.

Old
02-24-2011, 12:07 AM
Orenji

Quote:
I'm talking about a prospect who hasn't proven anything in the NHL and is in the juniors still.

And I don't see the Oilers getting Schenn. Hemsky is great and all, but he's not the most sturdy person on the planet. He also just has one year left, and he might just bolt for whatever reason after that.

The only way I can see Schenn traded is if he goes to Colorado for Stastny in some sort of blockbuster, or if he goes to Dallas for a signed Brad Richards in some sort of blockbuster where they get Schenn and like Teubert/Drewiskie.

I just don't see him trading Schenn away. Doesn't feel like his style. He didn't wanna trade Wayne Simmonds to Atlanta for Ilya Kovalchuk. Why would he trade Brayden Schenn to the Oilers for Hemsky?

Schenn has more upside than Simmonds, and Kovalchuk has way more upside than Hemsky.

Old
02-24-2011, 12:10 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
I'd trade Schenn for Matt Duchene or Tyler Seguin. That's it. No one else is worth it IMO.
I personally don't think its worth trading Schenn or Bernier right now, as the Kings are not Cup contenders, nor will they be after acquiring Hemsky, or Penner, or Booth etc. There's some deals I would look at, like the Statsny, Richards rumors. However, it's just not the right price for the Kings right now, as they are still building for the future and right now, we're still a playoff team.

I'll be perfectly ok with the Kings don't make a deal at the deadline.

Old
02-24-2011, 12:11 AM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
You wouldn't give him up for Hall, Stamkos ect? You're crazy.

Old
02-24-2011, 12:13 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:

Old
02-24-2011, 12:13 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
You wouldn't give him up for Hall? You're crazy.
Or Tavares, Seguin. What about Crosby or Ovechkin?

Old
02-24-2011, 12:14 AM
Orenji

The more the Kings win, the less 'leverage' Tambo has on Lombardi. Lombardi believes in the team he currently has. Maybe if we had gone like 4-8-1 in our past twelve, he would be more 'OMG WE NEED HEMSKY! SRY SCHENN, BUT WE NEED SCORING!', but we're 9-1-3 in the past thirteen and shown we're a defense first team. Of course we need more offense, but Lombardi won't do a stupid deal if he doesn't think that the player in return can boost the offense two fold.

I just don't think Hemsky will be a King if they only want Schenn. Neither team needs to make the trade with each other. Lombardi could always just go get Booth for less.

Old
02-24-2011, 12:16 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goallum View Post
Yeah, if I'm Handzus, I'm definitely waiving my NMC to to there.
Dean and his NMC continues to hurt this club at the deadline. First ****ing Blake and now Handzus.

Closed Thread