Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mark Stuart & Blake Wheeler appreciation thread

Old
02-18-2011, 05:03 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

vCash: 500
Stuart was a true Bruin and gave it his all in Boston, but it was a numbers game and someone had to go.

Wheeler was good team player over the past three seasons, but it was evident that he wasn't meshing here. Will always remember his hattrick where someone threw a bra on the ice.

Vic Rattlehead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 05:05 PM
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareoftheBear View Post
Good luck to Stuey and Wheels.
Liked them both.. Really wanted to love them, but it didn't happen.

TP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 05:06 PM
SupremefartMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smerri View Post
Wheeler sucked. Lazy player and didn't use his size. Good riddance.

Stuart I liked.
Do not agree. He's just a dude with plenty of skill and no Hockey sense. He was playing rather well this season, especially on defense.

SupremefartMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 05:11 PM
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin

I'll miss you Stu. You were one heck of a caveman. Your nastiness will never be forgotten.

Blake. You drove me absolutely crazy.

TwineTickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 05:12 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 50
Liked them both.

My sis (Gahdenrinkrat) will be sad as Stu was her favorite. She may have to retire her Stu jersey.

At least they know each other and don't have families to move.

Best of luck to you Wheels and Stu. I enjoyed watching both of you play. I hope you both have excellent careers and lives. See ya when you come to the Garden April 2nd.

02-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Rattlehead View Post
Stuart was a true Bruin and gave it his all in Boston, but it was a numbers game and someone had to go.

Wheeler was good team player over the past three seasons, but it was evident that he wasn't meshing here. Will always remember his hattrick where someone threw a bra on the ice.
The women that tossed their bras (there were 2 bras) were sitting near us.

I think it was Ward who picked up one wth his stick and tried to give Blake. His face was SO red. He was very young.

Both Stu and Wheels seemed like quality guys. I really wish them the best.

Ladyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 05:17 PM
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smerri View Post
Wheeler sucked. Lazy player and didn't use his size. Good riddance.

Stuart I liked.
A bit too strong of an assessment, IMO. I'm glad they traded Blake not only for us, but for him. I really think he fit in that category of a guy who could be a good player--just not for the current team he was on. Sort of like VerSteet in TO. Wheeler d-o-e-s have the tools (recall how money his was in shootouts during his rookie year). Maybe a change of coach will have a positive effect on him.

Loved Stu; great attitude; great heart; great hitter. Not looking forward to meeting up with him again. Ramsay will improve him very much, IMO.

No matter what, Soderberg would've scored there.
Pastrnak means "Eurolectric" in Czech. Look it up.
TheReal13Linseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 05:18 PM
Spoked-B

I will miss both of these guys and continue to root for them to improve and succeed! (certainly not at the expense of the Bruins) They were both great "soldiers" who did what their coaching staff asked them to do. G'luck to both!

Spoked-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 05:20 PM
Niz Bruin

Farewell Caveman and Big Daddy Wheels!

I just woke up here and saw the news, I told my girlfriend they had traded Stuart to Atlanta and she was very upset. Oh well, its the reality of the business.

Not a bad word to say about either of these guys. Best of luck!

Niz Bruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 05:21 PM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal13Linseman View Post
A bit too strong of an assessment, IMO. I'm glad they traded Blake not only for us, but for him. I really think he fit in that category of a guy who could be a good player--just not for the current team he was on. Sort of like VerSteet in TO. Wheeler d-o-e-s have the tools (recall how money his was in shootouts during his rookie year). Maybe a change of coach will have a positive effect on him.

Loved Stu; great attitude; great heart; great hitter. Not looking forward to meeting up with him again. Ramsay will improve him very much, IMO.
Good stuff, fully agree.

I love the deal from the B's perspective, but I'd also be pretty happy if I were a Thrasher fan. They're getting a couple of good, young players who both seem to be solid teammates as well. Now they just need to re-sign them.

BoyntBergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 05:32 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Good luck Blake and Mark, you were always well liked from my corner. Hope you can help bring the thrashers into their first post season birth in (awhile? ever?)

#26 and #45!

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 05:33 PM
Waltah*

thanks stuart, best of luck to you. sorry to see you go.

wheeler. yea, no.

Waltah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 05:38 PM
neelyforpresident

The Wheeler hate is pretty stupid. Guy was starting to round out his game..good luck to both of them.

neelyforpresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 05:39 PM
Shaun
beauty

going to miss writing Blake the Snake when he scored. but oh well I like Peverly alot

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 05:43 PM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

Man, still can't believe people hating Wheeler after he's finally gone. Guy picked our organization out of 29 other ones to play here; put effort to improve his game, and put up respectable numbers for a kid 3 years into his NHL career. Hockey sense got him a bad rep, but the kid tried.

Stuart I was hoping would be a Bruin for a long time, it's a shame he never picked his game up to the next notch, or I think he'd still be here. Personally I'd take him over Boychuk THIS season, but who knows what the future holds. Stuart's bro is playing down in Atlanta, so atleast it won't be in completely unfamiliar territory.

It's a numbers game, and these two players were expendable. Wish them luck against everyone else except us.

WhalerTurnedBruin55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 05:47 PM
Serpico4ever

Good luck to them both. I wasn't a huge Wheeler fan, but I liked him well enough for a third liner and he was pretty good in his own end. Stuart will very much be missed. He'll be hitting his stride next season, and I thought he played well this year. Good deal for ATL. Both players will probably surprise us with how well they play there.

Serpico4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 05:52 PM
JasonAllisonFan

I think this trade will work out in Boston's favor. I have not seen Peverley play a whole lot. Only in the games he's faced against the Bruins. In those games I didn't pay any particular attention to him, although his name was dropped a lot by the announcers since he was so active with the puck and because in that action he was a main part of Atlanta's offensive synergy.

If I need to pinpoint a downside. I am sad to see Wheeler go. I personally felt that Wheeler was starting to turn the corner - as a guy who doesn't mind using his size and stands up for himself. He was starting to score and playmake around the net, too, which leads me to believe that he has overcome the important hurdle of being too hesitant to operate the tough areas - one that when faced head on makes a player into a markedly more effective scorer. The not using his size issue seemed to wane as his career has gone along. But of course - this is just based on my own observation.

I posted already about Stuart. He is a tough defenseman, one that I'm sad to see go.

I think talent-wise the Bruins don't do this trade, but it was done for cap reasons, and perhaps to facilitate the Kaberle trade. I'm not a financial guru when it comes to hockey, but I don't think the Toronto trade would have been made (or wouldn't have been possible to make) had it not been for the ATL trade.

JasonAllisonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 05:55 PM
KillerKampfer*

I love the deal. Stuart a good player and he deserved to be traded for a decent return given the market, Wheeler was good enough to bring back Peverley. Didnt see much more in Blake than what we were getting.

KillerKampfer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 06:00 PM
Sir Richard 37
311 Has Grassroots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
going to miss writing Blake the Snake when he scored. but oh well I like Peverly alot
"Blake the Snake" or "Wheels of Steel" ...? I could never decide, so used both.

Going to miss Wheels, no matter how many times I yelled for him to hit the net.

Sir Richard 37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 08:18 PM
flannelman
They're,Their,There

vCash: 920
I'll miss the Caveman, for sure. In fact, I had a custom t-shirt made up at the beginning of the season.

I'll always remember the night I saw him fight against the Hartford Wolfpack. Martin Grenier, I think. Pretty sure I've told the story on here several times - but he got in a scrap and smiled the whole time.

He' was a good crazy. I don't think we have a guy on the team that enjoyed the physicality that much. But maybe it is just me.

I can't say I ever liked Wheeler - but I saw the work the kid was putting in. But it just never clicked for him - I wish him a clean start.

flannelman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 09:04 PM
Hamilton Brian

Good luck guys!!!!! Wished you were staying longer, but such is the game. Say hello to Ramsay!!!!!

Hamilton Brian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 09:13 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

vCash: 1340
Good luck in Atlanta. Especially want to thank Stuart for giving it all and putting himself on the line constantly. He was a true Bruin and I will miss him .

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 09:26 PM
mjp1562

I lost my 2 favorite B's today Stu will play with the same passion no matter where he plays and for Wheeler hope he tears it up in Atlanta.

mjp1562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 09:29 PM
SlickM32

Always thought Stuart was underrated, but he didn't seem likely to re-sign with the logjam on the backend plus upcoming prospects and improvements from Kampfer and McQuaid.

SlickM32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2011, 09:30 PM
Boston Bruno

I really liked both guys. I am very sad to see them go.

Stuart was always good for solid hitting, and Wheels..well he just has a hate parade here.

How a guy like that plays in all situations gets shelled but Horton gets the love is beyond me.

I hope Wheels finds him self #18 and a real nice ice girl.

Boston Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote