HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Darren Helm to Chicago?

Old
02-19-2011, 01:40 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wingman View Post
Since he asked for a hypothetical, how about Seabrook for Helm + 2nd?
Detroit has got to move more salary to be able to keep Seabrook either way

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 02:33 PM
Motown Beatdown
Need a slump buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Detroit has got to move more salary to be able to keep Seabrook either way

right now yes, if the offseason no.

while Stan and Kenny are friendly i dont think they will talking about trades for a long long time.

Kenny isn't in the trading business much these days, and if he does feel the need to deal a young player, it sure in the hell wont be to a division rival.

Motown Beatdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 04:29 PM
sarcastro

The Hawks have pretty much traded away all their desirable pieces, and the ones they have left they're not moving. Seabrook is the one guy I'd like to get from the Hawks. Something involving Seabrook for something involving Helm could work out for the Wings.

Those two teams won't deal with each other though, so it's all video game / fantasy trade talk.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 04:29 PM
DregerFan

Yeah,

I like our team as is, no thanks.

Helm is indeed a big part of our future. Once those hands get all the stone chiseled off them, fans are right in thinking about the crazy potential.

DregerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 04:31 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
The Hawks have pretty much traded away all their desirable pieces, and the ones they have left they're not moving. Seabrook is the one guy I'd like to get from the Hawks. Something involving Seabrook for something involving Helm could work out for the Wings.

Those two teams won't deal with each other though, so it's all video game / fantasy trade talk.
This is a new era, i'm pretty sure the whole can't-trade-within-division approach is no more tbh...

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 04:32 PM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DregerFan View Post
Yeah,

I like our team as is, no thanks.

Helm is indeed a big part of our future. Once those hands get all the stone chiseled off them, fans are right in thinking about the crazy potential.
Stone hands are stone hands. See: Draper, Kris.

I like Helm and hope they keep him around, but there are certainly players that they could deal him for that would be much bigger parts of the future for Detroit. He's not off-limits.

Old
02-19-2011, 04:34 PM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
This is a new era, i'm pretty sure the whole can't-trade-within-division approach is no more tbh...
The Wings might trade with the Jackets, but I highly doubt they'll be dealing with the Hawks. I could see them trading at the draft, something like next year's 5th for a 4th this year or whatever. Trades like that don't mean anything and there's no harm done. But they're not going to be trading roster players.

Old
02-19-2011, 05:33 PM
Mickey Redmond

Helm for Sharp straight up.

Mickey Redmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 05:56 PM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deetroit1340 View Post
Helm for Sharp straight up.
If they are planning on keeping Seabrook, they might just do this one. They'd probably get a better offer for Sharp though, or at least one that involves pieces that they believe could become better than Helm. High picks, top prospects, etc.

And at least we wouldn't have to watch Sharp score on the Wings every time they play the Hawks.

Old
02-19-2011, 06:21 PM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekemeister View Post
Helm is probably going to be the cornerstone our bottom 6 is built around.

And if he ever gets a scoring touch, which seems to be improving every game and he's show marked improvement in his stickhandling, he'll be one of the most dangerous people on the ice with that speed

In short: Won't happen
I think Helm is right behind our big guns (Z, D, L, F) and there is no/very little chance the Wings would move him.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 08:20 PM
Konnan511
#FreePulu

Send a message via AIM to Konnan511
So instead of being an ass and just derailing this thread like 99% of everyone else here, I'll actually give the OP what he asked for:

To Chicago: Helm + Hudler + 3rd (2012) or 2nd (2011) if we make it to the SCF

To Detroit: Seabrook + Alexander Salak

Konnan511 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 09:43 PM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnan511 View Post
So instead of being an ass and just derailing this thread like 99% of everyone else here, I'll actually give the OP what he asked for:

To Chicago: Helm + Hudler + 3rd (2012) or 2nd (2011) if we make it to the SCF

To Detroit: Seabrook + Alexander Salak
Chicago won't want Hudler's cap hit, and they probably would prefer players to picks. They're looking for minimum salary guys that can play now.

Helm and Smith for Seabrook is probably what they would ask for. I'd probably counter with Helm, Mursak, and a pick for Seabrook. I could see both sides being ok with a Helm and Tatar for Seabrook deal. Chicago would probably want more, maybe a pick or two.

This board would riot, but Seabrook is a legit top pair defenseman and possibly a guy you can build your defense around after Nick is gone. I like Helm and Tatar, but not enough to turn down a deal like that.

Old
02-19-2011, 10:36 PM
dtones520

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wingman View Post
Since he asked for a hypothetical, how about Seabrook for Helm + 2nd?
I wouldn't do that. Helm is too important to the Wings. The only thing that I would do is maybe like a Helm+Kronwall for Duncan Keith trade, so we have a true Number 1 D-man to build around without Lidstrom.

There is a reason Kris Draper has played for the Wings so long, he has helped them win. That is the type of player Helm is, an integral player for a championship team to build around.

dtones520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 12:11 AM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtones520 View Post
I wouldn't do that. Helm is too important to the Wings. The only thing that I would do is maybe like a Helm+Kronwall for Duncan Keith trade, so we have a true Number 1 D-man to build around without Lidstrom.

There is a reason Kris Draper has played for the Wings so long, he has helped them win. That is the type of player Helm is, an integral player for a championship team to build around.
Seabrook is a big, physical, mobile defenseman that is good for 30+ points a year and plays the puck really well. Not an elite puckmover, but one of the best among defensive defensemen.

He's just shy of 26 years old. Has a Cup ring. Plays 24 minutes a night in all situations.

Helm and a 2nd.

I understand that Seabrook is a pending RFA, and they'd have to pay him or take a huge draft pick reward. He's worth the money, and if they get 3 or 4 1sts instead, that's worth more than Helm and a 2nd too.

Young, big, physical, talented, franchise-caliber, Cup-winning lockdown defender.

vs

Young, small, fast, stonehanded, PKing, backchecking 3rd/4th liner.

Yikes.

Old
02-20-2011, 06:59 AM
Gavin24

[QUOTE=sarcastro;31076938]
Young, small, fast, stonehanded, PKing, backchecking 3rd/4th liner.
QUOTE]
Young small but hard hitting, Shorthanded Pking stud, who Backchecks and is on our 3rd/4th line due too our depth
anyhoo u think his stonehands are softening up and are going to come around just u watch! Helm's a beaut

Gavin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 09:17 AM
Reds4Life

Seabrook is a franchise defenseman? Please. He is below average offensively, Wings don't need him.

Reds4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 11:45 AM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
Seabrook is a franchise defenseman? Please. He is below average offensively, Wings don't need him.
He doesn't score a ton because he doesn't have to - Keith carries the puck on that pair and Seabrook cleans up the front of the net. He's got offensive skill though - 23 points in 39 career playoff games. That's a 45-50 point pace.

And this season he's on pace for 40+ points. Combine that with his defensive ability, and he's definitely a franchise defenseman. If the Wings don't have Lidstrom next year, I'd love to get this guy somehow. The Wings desperately need defensemen that play defense, and can also move the puck. That's Seabrook.

Old
02-20-2011, 11:53 AM
crashman

vCash: 714
Quote:
He doesn't score a ton because he doesn't have to - Keith carries the puck on that pair and Seabrook cleans up the front of the net. He's got offensive skill though - 23 points in 39 career playoff games. That's a 45-50 point pace.

And this season he's on pace for 40+ points. Combine that with his defensive ability, and he's definitely a franchise defenseman. If the Wings don't have Lidstrom next year, I'd love to get this guy somehow. The Wings desperately need defensemen that play defense, and can also move the puck. That's Seabrook.
I agree, Keith gets all the accolades in Chicago, but Seabrook is no slouch. You know Babcock likes the the guy because of what he did with Team Canada. Wasn't Keith & Seabrook their top pair in the Olympics?

crashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 11:54 AM
8snake

Quote:

Seabrook has been awful this season...absolutely brutal in his own end. Maybe it's a one year, "Cup hangover" situation (Keith has been terrible as well) but the step forward Seabrook took last season has been followed by a big step back this year. Would I still deal Helm for him...probably, but he doesn't look like a franchise d-man at all this season.

8snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 12:09 PM
HockeyinHD

Seabrook is a rich man's Brad Stuart. The notion that people wouldn't trade Darren Helm for him amuses me immensely.

I like Helm, he's a fun player to watch... but come on. Seabrook's a legit top pairing defenseman and Helm's highly unlikely to be anything more than a very good 4th line checker.

It's not exactly beyond the realm of possibility that Mursak will be every bit as good as Helm is now in a few seasons.

HockeyinHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 12:15 PM
CC Chiefs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8snake View Post
Seabrook has been awful this season...absolutely brutal in his own end. Maybe it's a one year, "Cup hangover" situation (Keith has been terrible as well) but the step forward Seabrook took last season has been followed by a big step back this year. Would I still deal Helm for him...probably, but he doesn't look like a franchise d-man at all this season.
Why can't people see that many Hawks played or looked better last year with a better supporting cast.

Helm's not going anywhere unless the offer is very good. Also normally divisional foes don't deal with each other.

CC Chiefs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 01:13 PM
DregerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyinHD View Post
Seabrook is a rich man's Brad Stuart. The notion that people wouldn't trade Darren Helm for him amuses me immensely.

I like Helm, he's a fun player to watch... but come on. Seabrook's a legit top pairing defenseman and Helm's highly unlikely to be anything more than a very good 4th line checker.

It's not exactly beyond the realm of possibility that Mursak will be every bit as good as Helm is now in a few seasons.
As long as Smith isn't included in any deal I'd be okay with it.

Smith is projected to be way better than Seabrook. And he hasn't shown signs of proving that projection wrong

DregerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Anchor Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by DregerFan View Post
As long as Smith isn't included in any deal I'd be okay with it.

Smith is projected to be way better than Seabrook. And he hasn't shown signs of proving that projection wrong
Offensively but not defensively

Anchor Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Anchor Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyinHD View Post

??? He's already showing to be a very good 3rd liner

Anchor Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 04:02 PM
Ti-girl

Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
This thread depressed me.