HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Five Takeaways From Top Prospects Game

Old
01-29-2016, 06:05 PM
Larry Fisher
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Five Takeaways From Top Prospects Game

Did you watch last night's CHL Top Prospects Game? If not, here's five takeaways of interest ranging from a dominant French connection to a kid making the most of his hometown opportunity. The goaltenders were great for the most part in keeping the score down, while some of the more recognizable names from the recent world juniors didn't make much of an impact and a handful of the very best prospects for this year's NHL draft weren't in attendance due to eligibility and injury: http://thehockeywriters.com/five-tak...rospects-game/

Larry Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2016, 06:08 PM
Ace

Chychrun's official theme song is free fallin by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Every chance he gets to show that he's taken a step he doesn't. I don't think even the Canadian hockey media hype train can keep him from falling to third Dman taken.

Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2016, 06:22 PM
Larry Fisher
HFB Partner

I tend to agree, I saw more Luke Schenn than Aaron Ekblad in that performance. I think Chychrun will be a solid NHL defender for a decade or more, but I don't think he'll be a high-impact guy. He just doesn't seem overly dynamic and doesn't offer much in the offensive zone from my limited viewings.

Old
01-29-2016, 06:30 PM
McMatthews

Chychrun's mental game reminds me of Dion Phaneuf.

I have no doubt he'll be a very good 2nd pairing defenceman in the NHL but I would be somewhat disappointed if the Maple Leafs took him in the top 9 or 10.

McMatthews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2016, 07:05 PM
Larry Fisher
HFB Partner

A less physical Phaneuf but maybe a bit more "safe" defensively. Another fair comparable in my opinion. I don't Chychrun is going to bust by any means, but I don't think he's going to be a huge difference-maker in the NHL.

Old
01-29-2016, 07:14 PM
Breakers

Dubois is shooting up the rankings like Draisaitl did in his draft year.

Right now as GM's are discussing where to put their money for the rest of the season on scouting budgets you know the Cape Breton Eagles are going to have way more scouts in attendance on a nightly basis.

But Chychrun

Breakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2016, 07:20 PM
landy92mack29
Wakey Wakey Backes

vCash: 50
I watch a lot of the QMJHL as the Avs have 6 prospects in the league so I wasn't surprised in the slightest by Dubois or Laberge performances. I've had Dubois as a top 6 talent all year and has those type of games often for Cape Breton. Laberge had a slow start to the year but once he gathered himself has been playing very well of late with 18 pts in the last 12 games to go along with his strong 200 ft game. Think he'll make his way into the 1st round.

landy92mack29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2016, 08:13 PM
Larry Fisher
HFB Partner

Top six might be pushing it for Dubois but I could see him going in that 7-10 range, especially if teams prefer forwards over the defencemen available this year. Could the top 10 be all forwards? I doubt it, I think Juolevi will crack the top 10, likely the top 7 and maybe even the top 5, but Chychrun could fall out of the top 10 in my opinion. Dubois is among the nine best forwards I think, so if only one defenceman goes in the top 10, then Dubois will factor in there somewhere too.