Notices

Foster

Closed Thread

Old
06-27-2004, 04:38 PM
MightyAdam

vCash: 500
Foster

I cannot believe that we gave up Foster to those silly Ducklings. And who did we get? A person half his size. Nick Havelid who is not even 6 foot, and who has a pretty weak shot. Foster is 6 '5, has an awesome slap shot, and is right handed. Mike Babcock is an awesome coach and might be able to have Foster turned into the player he can be by the start of the season (if there is one), giving Anaheim their first player who is 6'5. Just look at what Mike Babcock was able to do with Kurt Sauer. When he was Fosters age, and Colorado wasn't playing him, Babcock told him what to do to make the team and he made it. Then Colorado wanted Sauer back. I think Foster can be a big part of the Ducks team next year. I just hope it doesn't come back to haunt us. After all, he has played a couple of games with us. Just look at how good of a coach Mike Babcock is. He took Jason Krog, who wasn't playing at all with the Islanders, and Krog played 81 games for the Ducks last year. Or how about Pahllyson who wasn't playing in Colorado and played 82 games last year. Or how about Ward who played a good amount of time. It is very scary how Foster might be an awesome player next year, with Babcocks help. Good luck Foster.

Old
06-27-2004, 05:09 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

There is no way Foster steps into the NHL as a starter next season, or in two seasons. He has way too much to learn in the defensive side.

I would also point out that Mike Babcock wasn't such a genius this year when he wasn't getting absurd goaltending from Giggy. He is a pretty good coach, but lets remember which of the teams coaches here have won a Stanley Cup.

I would much rather have Havelid(missed two games to injury in two years) starting the next two years than hope and pray Foster will be ready in 3. Plus I think the Thrashers first two picks in the draft have greater potential than Foster.

Old
06-27-2004, 07:22 PM
Blatny Spears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyAdam
I cannot believe that we gave up Foster to those silly Ducklings. And who did we get? A person half his size. Nick Havelid who is not even 6 foot, and who has a pretty weak shot. Foster is 6 '5, has an awesome slap shot, and is right handed. Mike Babcock is an awesome coach and might be able to have Foster turned into the player he can be by the start of the season (if there is one), giving Anaheim their first player who is 6'5. Just look at what Mike Babcock was able to do with Kurt Sauer. When he was Fosters age, and Colorado wasn't playing him, Babcock told him what to do to make the team and he made it. Then Colorado wanted Sauer back. I think Foster can be a big part of the Ducks team next year. I just hope it doesn't come back to haunt us. After all, he has played a couple of games with us. Just look at how good of a coach Mike Babcock is. He took Jason Krog, who wasn't playing at all with the Islanders, and Krog played 81 games for the Ducks last year. Or how about Pahllyson who wasn't playing in Colorado and played 82 games last year. Or how about Ward who played a good amount of time. It is very scary how Foster might be an awesome player next year, with Babcocks help. Good luck Foster.
Assuming all this is true ... what difference does it make? If we keep Foster, then he doesn't receive the benefit of Mike Babcock's sagacious tutelage and remains the stiff he's largely been since we've dealt for them. Yes, he has tantalizing potential, but hasn't seemed to improve in the two and a half years we've had him. Babcock could turn him into Bobby Orr for all I care - it's not going to happen if he stays with the Thrashers, though.

There is such a thing as a win-win trade, you know, and this may have been one of them.

Old
06-29-2004, 02:48 PM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

wow.....I hate to be rude, but I was under the impression that MightyAdam was a Ducks fan...especially considering where most of his posts are and the tone of this post seems to half indicate this as well. Wouldn't a post that essentially praises and worships Duck coach Mike Babcock be better suited for the Anaheim board?

Closed Thread