HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

McRae recalled - Strachan recalled (AGAIN 2/22)

Old
02-19-2011, 11:01 AM
Stang

vCash: 500
McRae recalled - Strachan recalled (AGAIN 2/22)

St. Louis Blues
The Blues have recalled Phil McRae and Tyson Strachan from Peoria. http://*******/fKUbvY
1 minute ago from web

St. Louis Blues
Chris Stewart will wear No. 25 and Kevin Shattenkirk will wear No. 12. McRae, who previously wore No. 25, will switch to No. 38.
1 minute ago from web

Last edited by Stang: 02-22-2011 at 11:04 AM.
Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 11:08 AM
Thekidline

I like the Number 12 for shattenkirk

Thekidline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 11:14 AM
HooliganX2

Maybe another move coming? We just traded a forward and defenseman for a forward and defenseman. I really don't see the need for McRea unless they plan on moving a forward. Maybe I am reading too much into it. But I really could see Boyes moved now.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 11:17 AM
Blueshockey21

Well cola was hurt last night so we needed another d and maybe their gonna scratch Janssen now fingers crossed

Blueshockey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 11:23 AM
Stang

so carlo is out and i guess cam sits and everybody else is in

Old
02-19-2011, 01:09 PM
Stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang View Post
so carlo is out and i guess cam sits and everybody else is in
Or Not...

Lou Korac
Davis Payne says Colaiacovo good to go tonight. #stlblues
less than 1 minute ago from Mobile Web

Old
02-19-2011, 02:23 PM
Parrish

Send a message via MSN to Parrish
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Maybe another move coming? We just traded a forward and defenseman for a forward and defenseman. I really don't see the need for McRea unless they plan on moving a forward. Maybe I am reading too much into it. But I really could see Boyes moved now.
The fact we traded our 3rd line center without adding a center? Obviously Mcrae is needed down the middle.

Parrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 03:46 PM
intangible

Weren't we playing 7 defensemen before Cola got hurt? Plus, if Cola's back, that makes a rather full roster. I'm hopeful a trade is on the way. Please, Jackman and Boyes, get the hell out of here.

intangible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 03:54 PM
frankielax

Now without Brewer and EJ, do you take a chance on Souray on re-entry waivers?? No idea personally, but its out there.

frankielax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 05:38 PM
intangible

No. He's a huge contract, and because we're going through a sale we're trying to reduce salary. No reason to bring Souray and his big salary on the team just so fill a spot. I'd rather fill it with a cheap prospect.

intangible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 05:45 PM
SteenMachine

Souray is just bad news at this point. The guy is stuck riding out his overpayment and hoping a team gives him a second shot on their terms. If he could bring anything close to a 2 way game he might be worth half his contract, but he's not, he's just a big shot and and a big hit that will disappoint in his own end.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 05:56 PM
EOM

I'm not a cap/salary expert, but I think Souray would be pretty cheap. Since he's on re-entry waivers, he would only cost $2.5 million, plus wouldn't it be pro-rated for this far into the season? So it should be even less than that. I could be wrong though.

That said, I don't think I would want Souray on the team. From all the conflicts with Edmonton, he doesn't seem like the kind of veteran presence the team needs.

EOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 06:13 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOM View Post
I'm not a cap/salary expert, but I think Souray would be pretty cheap. Since he's on re-entry waivers, he would only cost $2.5 million, plus wouldn't it be pro-rated for this far into the season? So it should be even less than that. I could be wrong though.

That said, I don't think I would want Souray on the team. From all the conflicts with Edmonton, he doesn't seem like the kind of veteran presence the team needs.
It lasts until the end of 2011-2012 season though. If he could just be a rental for 2 months and then you can decide if he's worth a second look then maybe, but personally I think he's just stuck with what he's got.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 06:45 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOM View Post

Agreed, plus we need a LH D that can play a shutdown role now more than an offensive one IMO.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 11:05 AM
Stang

St. Louis Blues
The Blues have assigned defenseman Tyson Strachan to Peoria. http://*******/g9BlJB
6 minutes ago from web

Old
02-21-2011, 12:23 PM
Superscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang View Post
St. Louis Blues
The Blues have assigned defenseman Tyson Strachan to Peoria. http://*******/g9BlJB
6 minutes ago from web
I'm a little surprised McRae is still up. McClement's move doesn't necessarily open the door for McRae since Stewart (winger) comes the other way. Sobotka likely moves to the middle and the only chance I see McRae getting into the lineup is if they elect to sit Jannsen.

Superscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 12:34 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superscout View Post
I'm a little surprised McRae is still up. McClement's move doesn't necessarily open the door for McRae since Stewart (winger) comes the other way. Sobotka likely moves to the middle and the only chance I see McRae getting into the lineup is if they elect to sit Jannsen.
Without McClement, the Blues' faceoff skill is even worse than normal. If a heavyweight isn't on the other team, I'd sit out Janssen and play McRae as the 4th line centre.

Berglund(young and needs experience), Backes(converted winger) and several others need to attend a "faceoff clinic". In the meantime, McRae (also very young-but, somehow, very good)is the best we've got.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 12:39 PM
Robb_K

Souray is a liability on defence. His hard, accurate shot and passing ability on the PP was what The Blues needed out of him. With Shattenkirk (PP QB, and Stewart to help the #1 PP shift, Souray is not needed in any form. Shattenkirk and Pietrangelo can play the points on PP shift #1, and Nikitin can man the point on Shift #2 (with a choice of several others). Souray would be a waste of salary and remove a roster spot for a more effective all-around defenceman.

Old
02-21-2011, 02:03 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Maybe McRae is staying up because of a pending trade?

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 02:06 PM
Mr Dangles
I double dare you.

Mcrae was great on faceoffs in his limited stint. He'll be a good repalcement for taking those draws that we lost in Mcclement.

Mr Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 08:44 PM
CarvinSigX
Meh

Is it just me, or would you guys have rather kept McRae at 25, and had Stewart take 12 instead, and let Shattenkirk take something else. Stewart reminds me of a young poor man's Iginla, therefore, he should take his number and run with it.

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 09:04 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
Is it just me, or would you guys have rather kept McRae at 25, and had Stewart take 12 instead, and let Shattenkirk take something else. Stewart reminds me of a young poor man's Iginla, therefore, he should take his number and run with it.
Honestly, and I don't mean this in a mean way, but who cares. They are just numbers.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 09:23 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
What is McRae's new number?

Old
02-21-2011, 09:37 PM
CarvinSigX
Meh

38...I'm one of those guys that believes you truly have to earn your number. You know, like if Lidstrom got traded to the Blues. I'm sure Jackman would switch numbers for a future hall of famer. This is hypothetical of course.

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 11:03 AM
Stang

St. Louis Blues
The Blues have recalled Tyson Strachan from Peoria. http://*******/fbl30s #stlblues
2 minutes ago from web

what's this about...taking an extra man on the road or is someone injured?

Last edited by Stang: 02-22-2011 at 11:15 AM.