HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

McRae recalled - Strachan recalled (AGAIN 2/22)

Old
02-22-2011, 12:03 PM
MedicBluesFan443

vCash: 500
I'm very curious aboutthis as well.... Open roster slot? Shouldn't be?

MedicBluesFan443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 01:32 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
38...I'm one of those guys that believes you truly have to earn your number. You know, like if Lidstrom got traded to the Blues. I'm sure Jackman would switch numbers for a future hall of famer. This is hypothetical of course.
Players really don't care just fans.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:00 PM
fan in oregon

i hope phil mc.rae makes it . i liked his dad when he played. i hope they put him between backes and oshie. that would be the blues number 1 line. i also think stewart would work well with mc.donald and berglund. they probably wont resign boyes so him, d agonstini and winchester would be another line. while the checking line would steen, sobotka, and crombeen. since they have decent talent peoria i would play sonne, reaves and della rovere some this season and see what they can for the big club as a unit. if they worked out they would replace the boyes line next year. next year the defense could be changed a little by dealing jackman and giving others like beukeboom, fairchild, bergland a chance. i dont know what the blues could get for jackman but if somebody was interested in brewer then they could get something for jackman. maybe if they tossed in jake allen they could get a young scorer

fan in oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:23 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan in oregon View Post
i hope phil mc.rae makes it . i liked his dad when he played. i hope they put him between backes and oshie. that would be the blues number 1 line. i also think stewart would work well with mc.donald and berglund. they probably wont resign boyes so him, d agonstini and winchester would be another line. while the checking line would steen, sobotka, and crombeen. since they have decent talent peoria i would play sonne, reaves and della rovere some this season and see what they can for the big club as a unit. if they worked out they would replace the boyes line next year. next year the defense could be changed a little by dealing jackman and giving others like beukeboom, fairchild, bergland a chance. i dont know what the blues could get for jackman but if somebody was interested in brewer then they could get something for jackman. maybe if they tossed in jake allen they could get a young scorer

there is just so much wrong with this, I don't know where to start. Well I highlighted the problems but I don't have the time right now to correct them.

Just no.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:27 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
since they have decent talent peoria i would play sonne, reaves and della rovere some this season and see what they can for the big club as a unit. if they worked out they would replace the boyes line next year. next year the defense could be changed a little by dealing jackman and giving others like beukeboom, fairchild, bergland a chance. i dont know what the blues could get for jackman but if somebody was interested in brewer then they could get something for jackman. maybe if they tossed in jake allen they could get a young scorer

Kristoffer Berglund has a contract with Farjestad of SEL for 2011-2012. There is no indication that The Blues will even be able to sign him by June 1 to save his rights. Fairchild and Beukeboom are at least 2 to 3 years away from NHL ready. I doubt they'd even get one game in The NHL next season. Fairchild may play in college again next season. The Blues had better get a better tough veteran shutdown defenceman before trading Jackman. They need to get a left-handed one of those EVEN if they plan to keep Jackman. Currently, their defence is too young and inexperienced to go anywhere in the playoffs.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 07:59 PM
NashvilleBlues

I'm so glad FIO is back.

NashvilleBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 01:27 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashvilleBlues View Post
I'm so glad FIO is back.
I'm so confused why people argue with him like he's capable of learning, I'm not even sure he watches hockey.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 05:23 PM
fan in oregon

you may hate me all you want but i am a realist i told you a long time ago that johnson was going to be traded. i also told you boyes was a one trick pony i am very sorry you didnt believe me then but the truth hurts. perron will be the next to go. the return wont be as much as expected either. jackman will be moved. i wouldnt mind a deal of perron, allen, and jackman to montreal for camalleri and pouliot. another point i would like to make is the way the blues treat there minor leagues. they supposed to teach players to become nhl players not to win games. i hate how the blues always call up the bums like scrathard and tallackson who have no business in the nhl. you may laugh about bringing up fairchild, and others to look at but if they arent any good then why were they drafted. finally, they arent going anywhere with there philosphy of building through the draft so lets do what we can to become respectable again and forget about this quest for the cup nonsense

Old
02-28-2011, 05:38 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
I still think this little guy looks like he's yelling, "BRAD BOYES! BRAD BOYES!"

I think we shouldn't use them on our team page any more, unless its because Boyes has defeated the Blues on the shoot-out.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 05:46 PM
NashvilleBlues

Quote:
you may hate me all you want but i am a realist i told you a long time ago that johnson was going to be traded. i also told you boyes was a one trick pony i am very sorry you didnt believe me then but the truth hurts. perron will be the next to go. the return wont be as much as expected either. jackman will be moved. i wouldnt mind a deal of perron, allen, and jackman to montreal for camalleri and pouliot. another point i would like to make is the way the blues treat there minor leagues. they supposed to teach players to become nhl players not to win games. i hate how the blues always call up the bums like scrathard and tallackson who have no business in the nhl. you may laugh about bringing up fairchild, and others to look at but if they arent any good then why were they drafted. finally, they arent going anywhere with there philosphy of building through the draft so lets do what we can to become respectable again and forget about this quest for the cup nonsense
Whoa whoa whoa. I think it's safe to say that no one here hates
you. That's all I have. There's too much to argue with.

NashvilleBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 09:41 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
Kristoffer Berglund has a contract with Farjestad of SEL for 2011-2012. There is no indication that The Blues will even be able to sign him by June 1 to save his rights. Fairchild and Beukeboom are at least 2 to 3 years away from NHL ready. I doubt they'd even get one game in The NHL next season. Fairchild may play in college again next season. The Blues had better get a better tough veteran shutdown defenceman before trading Jackman. They need to get a left-handed one of those EVEN if they plan to keep Jackman. Currently, their defence is too young and inexperienced to go anywhere in the playoffs.
If Fairchild plays in college again next season, it'll be in the CIAU... he's a senior with Minnesota this year.

Fairchild will most likely be on Peoria's roster with a PTO contract after Minnesota gets booted from the WCHA playoffs.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 10:01 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleged "Fan" In Oregon
you may hate me all you want but i am a realist
"Realist" has long been code for "****-disturbing troll from STL Today board."

Quote:
i told you a long time ago that johnson was going to be traded.
Link, por favor? Because in the absence of said link, I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're full of something that rhymes with the last name of the actress that played Major Houlihan on M*A*S*H.

Quote:
i also told you boyes was a one trick pony i am very sorry you didnt believe me then but the truth hurts.
Hey, you know the old saying about a blind squirrel and a nut, right?

Quote:
perron will be the next to go. the return wont be as much as expected either. jackman will be moved. i wouldnt mind a deal of perron, allen, and jackman to montreal for camalleri and pouliot.
Trading Allen and Perron would be titanically, Brobdingnagianly, monumentally stupid on the Blues' part.

Quote:
another point i would like to make is the way the blues treat there minor leagues. they supposed to teach players to become nhl players not to win games. i hate how the blues always call up the bums like scrathard and tallackson who have no business in the nhl.
Barry Tallackson is a poor example, because the Blues never called him up once during the single season he played in the organization.

Scatchard got called up when he was Peoria's leading scorer, promptly got hurt, and spent three-plus months on the shelf. Also a poor example.

Now, the Blues have also called up guys like McRae, Nikitin, Cole, Reaves, Drazenovic, Della Rovere... all rookie pros this year save for Reaves and Drazenovic. Every one of those players scored their first NHL poiint this season.

And your idea of what minor-league teams are "supposed" to teach their players is misguided, to say the least.

Quote:
you may laugh about bringing up fairchild, and others to look at but if they arent any good then why were they drafted.
No one with any sense is "laughing" at the idea of looking at Fairchild. What they may find questionable is the notion of Fairchild strolling into camp and assuming a position on the NHL roster as a rookie fresh out of college, without benefit of any time in the minors to adjust from the college game to the pro game.

Quote:
finally, they arent going anywhere with there philosphy of building through the draft so lets do what we can to become respectable again and forget about this quest for the cup nonsense
OK, this is just plain silly. I won't even dignify this statement with a response. You couldn't possibly be more wrong, and I dare say you won't find a single person on this board who would agree with this statement.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 03:47 PM
fan in oregon

i bleed blues like the rest of us on this site. i guess i was used to how no matter what the blues made the playoffs. thats all i wanted to say.

Old
03-01-2011, 05:32 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Quote:
i bleed blues like the rest of us on this site. i guess i was used to how no matter what the blues made the playoffs. thats all i wanted to say.
I can empathize with the frustration. The sell-off, though the correct hockey move...also makes reality set in that even my foolish hope for the playoffs is dead.

But its the years like this that will make the deep playoff/Cup runs all the sweeter. There will be bandwagon fans then, but we'll remember who was here posting and bleeding with the team's fortunes in the bad days, too.

I hope we never start having fancy GDT though.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote