HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The feel free to post your B.Schenn offer here so they can be easily ignored thread!

Old
02-19-2011, 04:23 PM
Blikian29

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Blikian29
If I'm Lombardi, I listen to every single offer anyone has for Brayden Schenn. You'd be an idiot not to. If someone offers you a return that makes perfect sense, make the trade. It's really very simple. People think the Kings wouldn't trade him under any circumstances. That's just not true.

DL's just not going to trade him for Hemsky's or Penner's or Kessel's though. Why? Because they're not worth the risk. They all have question marks, whether it be contracts, attitude, work ethic, or frailty. You move up to the next echelon of wingers though, and not only is Schenn involved, but the Kings will gladly add significant pieces to the package. It's asset management. You have one of the most prized prospects in hockey, why move him for something other than a home run?

Blikian29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 04:27 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghock View Post
But why nobody is proposing trades for T.Hall, T. Seguin, M. Paajarvi, and J.Eberle?
Because said players don't have brothers in the NHL.....

Martyros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 04:53 PM
Blikian29

Send a message via AIM to Blikian29
Quote:
But why nobody is proposing trades for T.Hall, T. Seguin, M. Paajarvi, and J.Eberle?
Because those guys can't be had, are all arguably better than Schenn, and their respective teams haven't been announcing their need for a top line winger for the last three years.

Blikian29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 04:57 PM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

Quote:
But it is not only Leaf fans. The same goes about Oilers fans.
It is like no means yes for them.
It must be something else about him what drives people crazy.
You mean they went to USC too???

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 05:08 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger View Post
I'll trade you no one for years of LA finishing 8-10th and having a great prospect to lead you to first round exits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adaamhimself View Post
Ridiculous overvaluation of B. Schenn has to stop. If L.A. is going to acquire a player like Nash or Parise you can bet that Schenn will not be the centrepiece.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skid View Post
He's not god. And lombardi is such a loser you're never going to have success. Keep dreaming for a good player without moving him. Keep signing your poni's and williams and pray for a cup
These are what many other fans don't get, LA has lacked a true second line center for ages. Schenn could turn into that NEXT year. The limited number of top flight LW/RWs available this year are not worth moving him for.

Hemsky=injury prone not matter what Oiler fans spin. He is a great player but not worth losing Schenn over.

Booth=another nice player but at 4m a year for another D.Brown type player with concussion issues, not for Schenn thanks.

Penner=would take him in a heart beat but he is not a big enough upgrade to lose Schenn over.

Yes there are legit 1st liners worth trading Schenn for but none of them seem to be legitimately available.

The Kings will hold onto Schenn in hopes he will become Mike Richards west, it's a gamble but Schenn is a legit prospect. Schenn is untouchable except for the RIGHT piece coming back to LA which would take Schenn +

I also love how everyone wants this kid but when Kings fans defend keeping him it becomes "oh he's overrated, look how they reject our proposals", "he only played eight games and didn't score a goal, his career is over"-which is it, is he good enough to garner ridiculous proposals everyday or does he suck monkey )@!!s ?

Knight of the Realm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 05:33 PM
sabresandcanucks

Quote:
The Kings have been rumoured to be in the market for a big name player for awhile now. It's only logical people suppose that in order to get that top line sniper they will have to deal their top prospect. They don't have to of course...and who is considered a top line sniper appears to be stretched just a little on here. Parise and Nash are the only guys I could see LA move Schenn for.

Edmonton is rebuilding, people here get that and know the young guns on that club will not be moved.

Seguin's potential, and Boston's rather deep roster, prevents him from finding his name on this forum. Lack of CAP space also makes Boston less attractive in terms of shipping out their top prospect.

Oh and for the Mike Richards of the West comment (OP)....Sorry, thats been taken. See Ryan Kesler.

sabresandcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 05:38 PM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

is this still a braden schenn troll thread or have we evolved to a "who's fans are more delusional" thread...

unbelieveable, lets stop the *****ing and moaning children

schenn wont go ANYWHERE until A) he's shown what he has at the NHL level or B) if hes in a package for a superstar

Dr Danglefest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 05:41 PM
Frank Drebin

vCash: 735
To Mtl:

B. Schenn

To L.A.

Our 2rd round picks from 2013-2021

Frank Drebin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 07:25 PM
Osprey

Allow me to respond to the OP by quoting an Avs fan's post from two days ago:
Quote:
LOL

I love all this talk about Chris Stewart. He is basically one of the only untradeable people on our team and people still speculate and think we would trade him.

Duchene
Shattenkirk
Stewart

These are basically the only players we have that could be considered 100% untouchable. Hejduk probably as well unless he wants to be traded to go for a cup and retire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blikian29 View Post
If I'm Lombardi, I listen to every single offer anyone has for Brayden Schenn. You'd be an idiot not to. If someone offers you a return that makes perfect sense, make the trade. It's really very simple. People think the Kings wouldn't trade him under any circumstances. That's just not true.

DL's just not going to trade him for Hemsky's or Penner's or Kessel's though. Why? Because they're not worth the risk. They all have question marks, whether it be contracts, attitude, work ethic, or frailty. You move up to the next echelon of wingers though, and not only is Schenn involved, but the Kings will gladly add significant pieces to the package. It's asset management. You have one of the most prized prospects in hockey, why move him for something other than a home run?
Wow, a sensible, non-hyperbolic Kings fan in the trade sub-forum. I have a whole new respect for you, Blikian29. Sure, no one wants to trade Schenn, but you listen to offers, and if something makes sense, you seriously consider it, just as Doug Armstrong and Greg Sherman did yesterday.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 07:52 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
Allow me to respond to the OP by quoting an Avs fan's post from two days ago:

Wow, a sensible, non-hyperbolic Kings fan in the trade sub-forum. I have a whole new respect for you, Blikian29. Sure, no one wants to trade Schenn, but you listen to offers, and if something makes sense, you seriously consider it, just as Doug Armstrong and Greg Sherman did yesterday.
Osprey, when did I or anyone say Schenn will never be traded or could never be traded for the right deal?

The purpose of this thread is not to troll, but vent about the ridiculousness of the whole Schenn hysteria.

Schenn is a good PROSPECT with lots of potential. That being said the kid is going to have alot of expectations on him and if he doesn't perform, LA fans are never going to hear the end of it.

Schenn is a valuable commodity. It is no coincidence that every GM talking to the kings is asking about him and it is pretty clear that Lombardi is high on Schenn and appears to not want to move him. We drafted and are developing him to be a potential 2cd line center which we need as desperately as a 1st line LW.

The Kings will probably make a bargain basement deal at the deadline if nothing comes up, but as has been repeatedly said in umpteen threads, what out there is legitimately available that is worth giving up Schenn for? The Kings will role the dice on the gamble that Schenn pays off unless something special becomes available from here to the deadline.

Knight of the Realm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 08:01 PM
Seachd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
Apparently he has not been able to get far with any other combinations of players."
Yeah, no kidding...

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 09:18 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
Osprey, when did I or anyone say Schenn will never be traded or could never be traded for the right deal?
True. My reply was more to the general "hysteria" coming from Kings fans, not so much the specific things that you said. On closer inspection, I think that you and Blikian29 are, basically, on the same page. You're both suggesting that Schenn could be had for a really good player, just not one that is a UFA in a year or has a questionable contract. In fact, I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
The purpose of this thread is not to troll, but vent about the ridiculousness of the whole Schenn hysteria.
The thing is that posts and threads like this simply fuel the hysteria. Even if the point is not so far off-base, how it's said can just makes things worse. Why do you imagine that people say things like "The ridiculous overvaluation of B. Schenn has to stop" and "He's not god"? It's because a lot of Kings fans are writing posts like the one that started this thread. That's not saying that Kings fans started it, but that they're just as guilty of adding fuel to the fire.

It likely starts with a fan of another team innocently making a proposal for Schenn. He may be naive about Schenn's value to the Kings, but what do you expect? He doesn't follow the Kings. In reply, Kings fans will give curt responses like "Schenn is going nowhere, unless it's for X." The other fan or fans respond with "then you're not getting X." Kings fans respond with "you think that you can get Schenn for scraps" and other fans respond with "Kings fans think that Schenn is God."

Both sides are to blame for the "hysteria" because they've adopted combative attitudes instead of articulately themselves unemotionally and civilly. That's really what I respected so much about Blikian29's reply. He didn't get caught up in the hysteria and post a hysterical reply of his own. Instead, he articulated his position very well and very calmly. You did, too, in the body of your post, but the title, opening sentence and closing paragraph were clearly born out of frustration and probably just add to the problem that you're wishing would go away, unfortunately.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2011, 09:22 PM
SEALBound

I was gonna offer Crosby but...if it's going be ignored I guess I'll pass.

Signed,
Ray Shero

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:07 PM
Crown Royal

For all the TO fans.......bump

Crown Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:17 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
So hey, how are those Leafs doing over there in the Eastern Conference? Whats that you ask? How are the Kings doing over in the Western Conference? Yeah, they're doing good. 8-0-3 in their last 11 games. Sitting 7th and only 3 points behind the division lead with a game in hand. Yeah, only 3rd in the league in GAA, but that could be better. I can see how you think Lombardi is a loser. Rebuilding a franchise from the ground up in 4 years is waaaaaayyy to long. I see where you're coming from.
So how are those Leafs doing again?
They're doing great, they've got another GM who rather than doing a proper rebuild through the draft is trying to build a team by giving away the future. They'll soon be a middle of the pack team for years to come and have many first round exits.

Pffft. Shows what you know.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:28 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Because they are better prospects/players and obviously not available. Because in 3 of those 4, the team is in a rebuild/youth movement, and in the other, they aren't looking for anything that would cost a player/prospect of that cost. And you're annoyed with Oiler fans, why would Oiler fans create proposals involving MPS, Hall or Eberle? And the Seguin to Edmonton threads were done moreso than Schenn ones last summer, so...

Oh, and probably just to bug Kings fans.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:40 PM
TYayo

annoying

Players from Brayden's draft year or later that Have already been producing in the pro ranks not against little boys like Brayden include

Tavares
Hedman
Duchene
Kane
O'Reilly
Ekman-Larsson
Paajarvi
Caron
Leddy
Hall
Seguin
Skinner
Fowler

It'll be exciting once he makes it to the nhl or ahl next year and Kings fans realize he's not the next Crosby and only reason the hype surrounding him was from Leafs fans just wanting to have him on the same team as his brother

TYayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:46 PM
Cooperalls
Oiler Fan!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYayo View Post
annoying

Players from Brayden's draft year or later that Have already been producing in the pro ranks not against little boys like Brayden include

Tavares
Hedman
Duchene
Kane
O'Reilly
Ekman-Larsson
Paajarvi
Caron
Leddy
Hall
Seguin
Skinner
Fowler

It'll be exciting once he makes it to the nhl or ahl next year and Kings fans realize he's not the next Crosby and only reason the hype surrounding him was from Leafs fans just wanting to have him on the same team as his brother
Never mind the fans. The Toronto Sports Network is a propaganda machine.

Cooperalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:51 PM
Crown Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYayo View Post
What will be even more exciting is when LA finally gets to see B. Schenn skate his first full season as a King. You may be right and then again you may be wrong about the hype. Either way, we're more than willing to wait and see.

Crown Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 01:06 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
LA seems to be asking a heavy price for a younger Jarret Stoll. Or he maybe one of those Jr's who cant transition his game to the NHL. It's doubtful but definitely possible

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 01:21 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
So the Kings don't want to trade their #1 prospect who is having a year to remember... It is not that big of a deal. They want to have a promising kid develop behind Kopitar and hopefully give them that 1-2 punch they have been needing for a few seasons now. LA is happy to keep him and develop him with the young core.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 01:35 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Its weird that so many people make Schenn proposals, then get mad at kings fans and say, "he's not even gonna be that good anyways". Lol why do you want him then?

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 01:36 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Its weird that so many people make Schenn proposals, then get mad at kings fans and say, "he's not even gonna be that good anyways". Lol why do you want him then?

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 01:44 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Leaf fans protecting themselves.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 01:48 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
I think everyone recognizes the potential of Schenn to be a good NHL'er, but some LA fans (no all) seem to overrate him tremendously. I don't think any poster means that they don't want him when they say he "isn't that good", its more of a "quit acting like he's Gretzky, he's not THAT good".

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote