HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Proposal Thread #5/Rumor thread (Both Oiler and Non-Oiler)

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2011, 04:22 AM
Spawn

vCash: 500
Official Proposal Thread #5/Rumor thread (Both Oiler and Non-Oiler)

Last one filled up in a week. Can this one too?

Old
02-20-2011, 09:34 AM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Last one filled up in a week. Can this one too?
Probably, lol. Most of us are as bi-polar over the Hemsky/Penner debates as we are with we want to see wins/lets lose for 1st overall.

I REALLY think we need Hemsky in the lineup next season if we want to turn this ship around. We have a really deep prospect pool, and our first 2 picks this year are only going to add to that. He's been a point-per game player the last couple of seasons. If he and Whitney are healthy all season, I see no reason why Hemsky can't put up an 80-90 point year.

Old
02-20-2011, 09:34 AM
TruthDeliveryVehicle*

Curious.

Based on his play this year, do you think Tambellini would be likely to dump Tom Gilbert?

Sorry, if this has been discussed before. I never come on the Oilers board.

Old
02-20-2011, 09:36 AM
Petro Points

I will start off with a controversial one

Hemsky + Penner extended
To EDM: Schenn + Forbort
To LA: Pajaarvi + Omark

Basically swapping Pajaarvi for Schenn. (A position based move)

Penner-Horcoff-Hemsky
Hall-Schenn-Eberle

Gives us a chance to have a checking 3rd line with Gagner as C.

Hamilton, Hartikainen, Reddox, Jones, Pitlick, Lander to fill the bottom 6 in future

Old
02-20-2011, 09:38 AM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hold Steady View Post
Curious.

Based on his play this year, do you think Tambellini would be likely to dump Tom Gilbert?

I think if he gets a good return, sure, but other than that, he has to really consider free agency and the draft. Because even though gilby is soft... After Whitney, we would have Smid, Peckham, Petry, Chorney, and Plante for next season. So that is just too soft.

If the scouts are saying 'even if you have to trade up, we have to take Larsson', maybe he considers it, or if he thinks there is a strong enough ufa market, he considers it.

Old
02-20-2011, 09:40 AM
Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenzOil View Post

Hemsky + Penner extended

Penner-Horcoff-Hemsky
Hall-Schenn-Eberle

Hamilton, Hartikainen, Reddox, Jones, Pitlick, Lander to fill the bottom 6 in future
And why would LA do this? Doesn't help them at all for a playoff push.

Old
02-20-2011, 09:43 AM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:

Hemsky + Penner extended

Penner-Horcoff-Hemsky
Hall-Schenn-Eberle

While I would personally do that trade in a heartbeat, Kings fans are laughing their ass off. 1) The players we are sending right now aren't developed enough to contribute for them. 2) They will be thinking Schenn > Paajarvi, Forbort > Omark.

I am all for trading Omark at the right price if we are keeping Hemsky. You have to consider he is the same age that Hemsky was when the Oilers went to the cup, and when you compare Omark now to Hemsky then, Hemsky wins by alot! Not that I don't like Omark, but long term I don't know if I see him as an ideal 3rd liner.

I think this deal is more reasonable if you want those 2 players

To Edm: Schenn, Forbort
To LA: Penner, Omark, 2nd 2011, 2nd 2012

Old
02-20-2011, 09:45 AM
koeltrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by notloilersfan View Post
Probably, lol. Most of us are as bi-polar over the Hemsky/Penner debates as we are with we want to see wins/lets lose for 1st overall.

I REALLY think we need Hemsky in the lineup next season if we want to turn this ship around. We have a really deep prospect pool, and our first 2 picks this year are only going to add to that. He's been a point-per game player the last couple of seasons. If he and Whitney are healthy all season, I see no reason why Hemsky can't put up an 80-90 point year.
I think it's safe to assume the whole fan base is happy with Hemsky this week. But like you say it's very bi-polar, or a what have you done for me lately type of approach.

I am a big fan of Hemsky because he has been our most talented player for years. When we drafted him I always said Hemsky = Franchise. I was maybe a little naive when I said that, however he really has been our franchise player the last few years. That says a lot about this franchise because there are a lot better players in Hemsky on almost every team in the league.

I would be OK with trading Hemsky if the return was right. I think we need a defencemen in the 21-24 range to fit in with the core and a low first round pick. Of course the defencemen will have to be a blue chipper along the lines of Bogosian. Small pieces or lower picks can be headed back the other way to balance the trade and/or the cap depending on the other teams issues.

Old
02-20-2011, 09:52 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away

Quote:

Hemsky + Penner extended

Penner-Horcoff-Hemsky
Hall-Schenn-Eberle

Atrocious, why the **** would a rebuilding team deal away contributing youth. So bad it hurts, seriously hurts.

Old
02-20-2011, 10:00 AM
Usual_Suspect

http://www.faceoff.com/hockey/teams/...561/story.html
Matheson is speculating that Burke may be interested in another ex duck: Penner.

Quote:
Two Toronto Maple Leafs scouts were at the game and they also scouted the Montreal Canadiens’ loss to the Oilers on Thursday. Does Brian Burke want Penner back after refusing to match the Oilers’ Group 2 free-agent offer in 2007?
The Leafs do have one player that the Oilers have been interested in: Joe Colborne.

Old
02-20-2011, 10:05 AM
BlowbyBlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usual_Suspect View Post
http://www.faceoff.com/hockey/teams/...561/story.html
Matheson is speculating that Burke may be interested in another ex duck: Penner.

The Leafs do have one player that the Oilers have been interested in: Joe Colborne.
Stay away from Colbourne I don't hate the guy but I have seen him play and think of a very very poor man's Dustin Penner

What do people think of for any potential trade of Penner or Hemsky adding that first pick from next year (since its considered to be a draft deep of D; which some consider easier to fill that need at a time later)

Old
02-20-2011, 10:15 AM
Oilerdiehard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlowbyBlow View Post
Stay away from Colbourne I don't hate the guy but I have seen him play and think of a very very poor man's Dustin Penner
I have never watched the guy play all that much personally. So I can not comment too much. Different players develop different time lines.

But just looking at offensive numbers this season. Both Colborne and Teemu Hartikainen were drafted the same year and are both AHL rookies. Teemu the 6th round pick is doing more damage so far and at the same time attempting to adjust to the North American game.

Harski
56gp 15g 19a 34 points

Colborne
56gp 12g 14a 27 points

Old
02-20-2011, 10:18 AM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerdiehard View Post
I have never watched the guy play all that much personally. So I can not comment too much. Different players develop different time lines.

But just looking at offensive numbers this season. Both Colborne and Teemu Hartikainen were drafted the same year and are both AHL rookies. Teemu the 6th round pick is doing more damage so far and at the same time attempting to adjust to the North American game.

Harski
56gp 15g 19a 34 points

Colborne
56gp 12g 14a 27 points
The only guy Toronto has that I want it Schenn. I don't care for the attitudes of Phaneuf, Kessel or Kadri.

Old
02-20-2011, 10:19 AM
BlowbyBlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerdiehard View Post
I have never watched the guy play all that much personally. So I can not comment too much.

Harski
56gp 15g 19a 34 points

Colborne
56gp 12g 14a 27 points
Thats the thing not referring to you or your post but just in general people don't watch AHL, OHL, WHL, QMJHL games enough and judge stats. A perfect example is Ryan Martindale this year now his stats are really good till you see who he's playing with. I just expect with a 1st rounder to be the guy who's the man and Colbourne isn't that.

This would be the classic Kevin Lowe trade though get the big center. I hope to God that Stu is giving him feedback on prospects

Old
02-20-2011, 10:21 AM
stratedge
Rebuild, year 4...

Quote:
After Whitney, we would have Smid, Peckham, Petry, Chorney, and Plante for next season. So that is just too soft.
I am starting to believe Plante is a bust and not an NHLer. Saw him in Calgary where he was a really bad passer. REALLY bad. Which is a shame because he isbdefinitely NOT soft.

Old
02-20-2011, 11:03 AM
Oilerdiehard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlowbyBlow View Post
Thats the thing not referring to you or your post but just in general people don't watch AHL, OHL, WHL, QMJHL games enough and judge stats. A perfect example is Ryan Martindale this year now his stats are really good till you see who he's playing with. I just expect with a 1st rounder to be the guy who's the man and Colbourne isn't that.

This would be the classic Kevin Lowe trade though get the big center. I hope to God that Stu is giving him feedback on prospects
I know you may not be referring directly to me with that comment. But you did quote my post and say it. So I should point out I have a season pass for the AHL. So I watch AHL games all the time as I have done in recent years. I know the league quite well. Just have not watched Providence much this season.

I do think Hartikainen and Colborne is a fair comparison though. Same age (Colborne is 3 or 4 months older), same draft year, both rookies the same year in the same league.

I will say this for Colborne though in the comparison. Which is the fact the Barons are a higher scoring team. Though Hartikainen has never been on the top line (and not even on the PP for the first month or two), which does the lions share of the scoring. Looking at the scoring on Providence Colborne likely was on the top line and top PP unit.

Old
02-20-2011, 11:19 AM
Soli
Supervision Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hold Steady View Post
Curious.

I'd dump Gilbert if I could, sure.

The smoke signals say that Neal is being shopped for a offensive defenseman. If we could fleece Nieuwendyk and get something done for Gilbert and Neal... hurrah!

But that's more unlikely then the Swedes for the Kings duo proposal. Heh

Old
02-20-2011, 11:34 AM
speeds

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hock.../17340671.html

According to Garrioch, there would be interest in Foster if EDM is interested in moving him. He has a couple other Oilers tidbits as well.

http://twitter.com/TSNRyanRishaug

On twitter, Rishaug suggests the Caps might be kicking tires on Hemsky.

Old
02-20-2011, 11:51 AM
Seachd

vCash: 50
From Rob Rossi, Penguins' beat writer:

"Pens source says asking price for Hemsky is huge."

Old
02-20-2011, 11:51 AM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeds View Post
http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hock.../17340671.html

According to Garrioch, there would be interest in Foster if EDM is interested in moving him. He has a couple other Oilers tidbits as well.

http://twitter.com/TSNRyanRishaug

On twitter, Rishaug suggests the Caps might be kicking tires on Hemsky.
For Hemsky it has to be Alzner or Carlson + if he's going to Washinton. (waits for the Caps troll to say there is no way either gets moved.... before you say it, my response is, if so, there is no way you get Hemsky.)

Old
02-20-2011, 12:01 PM
Usual_Suspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post

I'm glad that we're hearing this. It should be huge.

Old
02-20-2011, 12:03 PM
Harrison

Quote:

It should be huge considering other deals that have went down and what he means to this team. He instantly adds offense for any team looking to bolster their first or second line.

Old
02-20-2011, 12:03 PM
Alex87

Quote:

As it should be!

Old
02-20-2011, 12:06 PM
oilers4life5

If we could somehow sign Richards in the offseason would you trade Gagner for a dman?

Old
02-20-2011, 12:07 PM
speeds

Quote:
For Hemsky it has to be Alzner or Carlson + if he's going to Washinton. (waits for the Caps troll to say there is no way either gets moved.... before you say it, my response is, if so, there is no way you get Hemsky.)
It's not impossible that WSH could make an offer EDM likes without either of those two.

Myself, I'd be shocked if they moved Carlson for Hemsky, surprised with Alzner but less so than Carlson. Outside those two, they still have Kuznetsov, along with Orlov, Eakin, and Johansson. Plus whatever draft picks. Not sure if that's what EDM would be looking for, or what WSH would be willing to give up, but I don't think it's impossible to imagine a deal without one of the two D.

Closed Thread