HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 Trade Deadline Thread II (All General Deadline Talk/Proposals/Blog Rumors here)

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2011, 11:02 AM
RichNash61

vCash: 500
GMSH, this is God! Please pick up Paul Statsny! We can take his salary on and we have a proven #1 Center! Please make the call! Brassard, Russell, and a First get the deal done. Lets get this guy quickly!

Old
02-23-2011, 11:10 AM
mossylog
Go jackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichNash61 View Post
GMSH, this is God! Please pick up Paul Statsny! We can take his salary on and we have a proven #1 Center! Please make the call! Brassard, Russell, and a First get the deal done. Lets get this guy quickly!
no and no

Old
02-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

DarrenDreger Darren Dreger
Nieuwendyk exploring trade interest in Brad Richards. More in The Dreger Report...coming up. ?

Old
02-23-2011, 11:15 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev22 View Post
Frankly, I think the two players were going to see on the move will be Huselius and Klesla. If Howson's going to be a buyer, then the first round pick has to be in play if he's going to acquire the right player(s) for this team. The chemistry with this club is really good right now and you can't mess with that. If we need other players in the mix for trade, I think you can add Clark and Filatov.

Really, I think all the talk of Voracek and Mason on the block may have been true in December and January, but now you can't move them. They're both playing well and are the future of this club.
Believe it or not, and I never would have thought this, I'd be very surprised if Howson wants to trade Clark or Moreau. I think he's a little afraid of losing leadership after last season's fiasco. I think one could argue that team dearly missed Peca and Malhotra's leadership.

I could see Filatov, Klesla, Hejda, Ruth, Holden, Huselius, and picks in play. If there is a #1 Center like Stastny involved, add Brassard, Voracek, and any of the prospect defensemen like Savard/Moore etc. Unfortunately, I think it would take a package that includes a high level goaltending prospect to land Stastny.

Old
02-23-2011, 11:19 AM
FiveHole23

I still don't think we are making the playoffs but win the next 2 and I might change how I feel.

If we are buyers we need to buy and not rent. Also I think our focus should be on defense not center like most of you are talking.

Old
02-23-2011, 11:23 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Like I just posted in Leek's thread on trade board...

Wish List: one (or more) of Liles, McCabe, Wideman...make it happen GMSH!

Old
02-23-2011, 11:26 AM
mossylog
Go jackets

well since i think adding a defensemen with offensive abilities would be smart and atlanta is sliding fast and he just re-upped a contract and i dont like rentals how about sending a rebuilding atlanta some of our youngsters and our 1st for byfuglien? i'm not good with proposals but we have a logjam of dmen and i feel we could work out a deal. any takers or proposals that make sense with atlanta?

Old
02-23-2011, 11:27 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
Like I just posted in Leek's thread on trade board...

Wish List: one (or more) of Liles, McCabe, Wideman...make it happen GMSH!
I am less "in" on McCabe than the other two - that said, the return for him could be a lot less. I agree though (as I've posted before) that Howson should be targeting Liles and Wideman.

Old
02-23-2011, 11:30 AM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossylog View Post
well since i think adding a defensemen with offensive abilities would be smart and atlanta is sliding fast and he just re-upped a contract and i dont like rentals how about sending a rebuilding atlanta some of our youngsters and our 1st for byfuglien? i'm not good with proposals but we have a logjam of dmen and i feel we could work out a deal. any takers or proposals that make sense with atlanta?
Highly doubt Atlanta would move Buff.

Old
02-23-2011, 11:34 AM
Kev22

I think that if Howson's gonna make his move, it should be in the next two days, because the closer he gets to the deadline, the more expensive the move will be. I've long said that I hate his patience, but for some reason it's worked for him, but THE TIME TO MOVE IS NOW.

Here are some of my wish list: Pavelski, Ehrhoff, Gonchar, Girardi, Leopold, Ribiero, Weiss, McCabe, Wideman, Hemsky, Whitney (Ryan), Foster, Liles, Bogosian. I'll add Brad Richards, but IMO it would be a long shot.

Old
02-23-2011, 12:09 PM
CBJFan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev22 View Post
Here are some of my wish list: Pavelski, Ehrhoff, Gonchar, Girardi, Leopold, Ribiero, Weiss, McCabe, Wideman, Hemsky, Whitney (Ryan), Foster, Liles, Bogosian. I'll add Brad Richards, but IMO it would be a long shot.
I disagree with quite a few names on this list. Drop any wingers unless you're expecting someone to take Juice and a #3 for that winger. It will be C and/or D for us. Wideman is terrible, Gonchar is done. McCabe would be ok and would maybe would only cost us say Hejda and a pick. Richards would be nice, but it would be Brass, Moore and a #1. Im ok with that so long as he signs on trade day. And we'd have to make the Hejda move for sure then. And couldnt add a scoring winger.

Old
02-23-2011, 12:15 PM
BluejacketNut

The most interesting thing about Richards is he'd be the #1 center AND power play QB, 2 birds with 1 stone. However, I dont see us doing it because I dont see us paying Nash type dollars for him, which I think he may command on the FA market....but i'd love to see it happen

Old
02-23-2011, 12:20 PM
tkeats

Z on waivers anyone

"TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
CGY puts Ales Kotalik on re-entry waivers, BUF puts Craig Rivet on waivers, PHI puts Nik Zherdev on waivers, NSH puts on Marek Svatos."

Old
02-23-2011, 12:23 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Rivet is interesting tho...Robert, as our resident Buffalo reporter, does he have anything left?

Old
02-23-2011, 12:26 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
Rivet is interesting tho...Robert, as our resident Buffalo reporter, does he have anything left?
I'm not Bob, but..

He's their captain. And he's being waived. Enough said.

02-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
I'm not Bob, but..

He's their captain. And he's being waived. Enough said.
yeah...i was thinking that...i remember him always being a solid player...just didn't know if age had caught up with him....

Old
02-23-2011, 12:46 PM
Matt Foley
That's right, Edna

Big No Thanks on Rivet. Dude's ready for the glue factory IMO.

Somebody further down the food chain will claim Svatos and Z. Svatos would be a good claim. For those here who still carry a torch for Z, sorry; I don't think it's a good idea to have him anywhere near our locker room right now.

Old
02-23-2011, 12:49 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

You know my opinion on Filatovs trade - negative. But please do not trade Goloubef what I saw the game he has better potential than Moore or Savard. He only too little played so this is reason his mistakes but his skating, moving, hockey sense are great. Not Johny Moore or David Savard but Cody will be our the best defensman.

Old
02-23-2011, 12:50 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

This deadline is going to be much more fun than last year's deadline.

Old
02-23-2011, 12:53 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

hopefully we do something sooner than later...reading that Chicago is in on a defenseman and it may happen soon...

Old
02-23-2011, 12:55 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbj2RUSSELL View Post
Z on waivers anyone

CGY puts Ales Kotalik on re-entry waivers, BUF puts Craig Rivet on waivers, PHI puts Nik Zherdev on waivers, NSH puts on Marek Svatos."
Can't find that tweet.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
02-23-2011, 12:56 PM
Matt Foley
That's right, Edna

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post
This deadline is going to be much more fun than last year's deadline.
IMO it's been more fun to watch this year to this point vs. the entire deadline period last year, including Deadline Day. It will get a lot more fun, though, if Howson decides to join the action.

Old
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
You know my opinion on Filatovs trade - negative. But please do not trade Goloubef what I saw the game he has better potential than Moore or Savard. He only too little played so this is reason his mistakes but his skating, moving, hockey sense are great. Not Johny Moore or David Savard but Cody will be our the best defensman.
I don't see the Jackets parting with any of those three unless the return is so great that it probably wouldn't bother you that much anyway.

Old
EDM

Just a small move to improve the defense, please. No blockbusters that disrupt the chemistry that Arniel has created in the locker room.

Old
02-23-2011, 01:00 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbj2RUSSELL View Post
Z on waivers anyone

If we would take Zherdev the conclusion of trade would be: Tyutin and Backman for Fritsche. And especially Nash would be a "happy" boy.

Closed Thread