HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 Trade Deadline Thread II (All General Deadline Talk/Proposals/Blog Rumors here)

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2011, 10:00 PM
Kev22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Maybe teams are holding out to cause this bidding war?
Have you been paying attention the past couple of weeks? My point is he's been sitting on his hands while his team is busting their ass. He should have acted quicker instead of waiting and potentially being shut out of getting any help for said club. To me, tomorrow will define Howson's time with this franchise. He makes it happen, he gets to stay. He fails and his seat will advance to "lava" setting.

Old
02-27-2011, 10:02 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniedarko View Post
He was hurt in the first period...could be going back for treatment......or he could be traded...who knows.
Porty said he's going back to get his knee examined.

Old
02-27-2011, 10:03 PM
Kev22

Portzline tweeted he's going back to Columbus to have his left knee examined. That does not sound good, I'm sure an MRI is on the schedule tomorrow. I wouldn't be shocked if a season ending knee injury is how Stralman's days as a Jacket end.

Old
02-27-2011, 10:05 PM
donniedarko

We need a lot of help tomorrow...I would like to see a center and of course the infamous Dman we have needed forever. I honestly imagine we will get someone who we don't expect tomorrow...I hope

Old
02-27-2011, 10:06 PM
squarelaces

This year's Jurchina?

Old
02-27-2011, 10:16 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev22 View Post
Have you been paying attention the past couple of weeks? My point is he's been sitting on his hands while his team is busting their ass. He should have acted quicker instead of waiting and potentially being shut out of getting any help for said club. To me, tomorrow will define Howson's time with this franchise. He makes it happen, he gets to stay. He fails and his seat will advance to "lava" setting.
I'm right there with ya!

Old
02-27-2011, 10:23 PM
61ncville

Although I am one of the major synics(how ever thats spelled) of SH and not thrilled with the way things have gone with him. I do want to give him props for picking up rivet just for the simple fact we have some depth to counter act strahlman going down tonight. Not like rivet is that good but he hopefully can help now that we might have a another player down for an amount of time. Just my opinon.

fixed it lol

Old
02-27-2011, 10:26 PM
CBJCougar

One thing that needs to be said is that Rivet may not be 21 but every year he has to beat out 21 year olds to stay on the roster. Just saying...30 doesn't mean dead and useless. I promise. LOL

Old
02-27-2011, 10:42 PM
61ncville

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCougar View Post
One thing that needs to be said is that Rivet may not be 21 but every year he has to beat out 21 year olds to stay on the roster. Just saying...30 doesn't mean dead and useless. I promise. LOL

I am thirty one and I am certainly not dead, and alot wiser than i once was. Although now the hangovers hurt more than they used to

Old
02-27-2011, 10:56 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61ncville View Post
I am thirty one and I am certainly not dead, and alot wiser than i once was. Although now the hangovers hurt more than they used to
I do like how you glossed over the "useless" part.

Old
02-27-2011, 10:56 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

RT @crucifux: @Aportzline any idea what the jackets are offering? / No, and I won't speculate. I've heard the Avs want a first-rounder, tho.

Probably why a deal hasnt been made for Liles. Teams most likely waiting for the price to come down.

Old
02-27-2011, 11:08 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Amen. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
RT @crucifux: @Aportzline any idea what the jackets are offering? / No, and I won't speculate. I've heard the Avs want a first-rounder, tho.

Probably why a deal hasnt been made for Liles. Teams most likely waiting for the price to come down.
That price isn't gonna come down. He's good. Give them what they want. We have enough kids to start an orphanage.

Old
02-27-2011, 11:13 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Amen. LOL

That price isn't gonna come down. He's good. Give them what they want. We have enough kids to start an orphanage.
Not comfortable giving up the first since its pretty high at this point. Lots of players I really would like to have in the draft. Dont see us going very far idk. I feel if we get Liles for a 2nd and prospect it will be a success. We then can have that 1st be there to help us build in other weak areas. People are really overrating how much depth they think we have. We really dont have that much.

Old
02-27-2011, 11:19 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Not comfortable giving up the first since its pretty high at this point. Lots of players I really would like to have in the draft. Dont see us going very far idk. I feel if we get Liles for a 2nd and prospect it will be a success. We then can have that 1st be there to help us build in other weak areas. People are really overrating how much depth they think we have. We really dont have that much.
Your idea would be best. I'm just looking at how much talent we have in Springfield, combined with the age of our roster in Columbus and thinking...at some point we have to be willing to take the next step if we are serious about growing into a playoff regular and contend for the big prize. I will be the first to admit to being guilty of adoring these boys and wanting to keep them all forever but it is a business and that business is not Kids R Us.

Old
02-27-2011, 11:22 PM
CBJCougar

It is now officially Trade Deadline Day and I am so nervous I can't sleep. I really need to get a life. LOL

Old
02-27-2011, 11:23 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
It is now officially Trade Deadline Day and I am so nervous I can't sleep. I really need to get a life. LOL
I've been clicking the mouse so much I'm surprised I don't have Carpel Tunnel, and I will probably refresh McKenzie's twitter page like crazy tomorrow.

Old
02-27-2011, 11:25 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Free NHL Network/CI Preview on TWC for those interested...watch Tradecentre all day.

Quote:
I woke up at 3am on Deadline Day in 08-09 unable to sleep from the anticipation of what was about to go down in terms of upgrading the CBJ roster that season. I watched White Men Can't Jump and worked on a term paper until about 6, when I was able to go back to sleep. I got up that morning about six or seven minutes before the Vermette trade was announced & was somehow the first to post it on here.

This will be fun.

Old
02-27-2011, 11:28 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
I've been clicking the mouse so much I'm surprised I don't have Carpel Tunnel, and I will probably refresh McKenzie's twitter page like crazy tomorrow.
I know, right!! LOL Same thing. Ain't done a damn thing all day except pace the floor and hit the refresh button! If Howson gets me this excited and doesn't do anything, you ain't seen crazy yet!

Old
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

I just hope Howson keeps the 1st rounder. I love the draft too much for us to not have a 1st round pick . Hmm should I take off tomorrow?

Old
CapnCornelius

Quote:
I'll say this again, I hate the fact that Howson is waiting until the deadline to make a deal. If he wanted to show his team that he was being proactive, he'd of made a move at least a week ago. I don't like the fact that he's letting things come down to the wire and allowing these other teams to create a bidding war. History shows this organization does not do well in bidding wars.
Quote:
I doubt Howson will be in the hot seat. Ever since the recent play everyone seems more than happy to give this clown another year.

The time to make moves was IN THE OFF-SEASON. That's when trades can be done more reasonably and players can be signed as free agents.

Now suddenly Howson wants to commit to winning, but the basics of supply and demand mean that the prices are not going to be cheap.

Quote:
Look at the standings. We are not going to get any great pick in this year's draft, playoffs or not. I'd take a guy like Liles that is still under contract over another handful of magic beans that "might" be worthwhile in 3-4 years.

Old
02-27-2011, 11:29 PM
61ncville

Dont worry cog i am still here with you and afraid to go to sleep cause i think i might be missing somethin. watchin old movie s and checkin my phone every five min. lol god i hope i fall asleep soon ha ha

Old
02-27-2011, 11:32 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Dont worry cog i am still here with you and afraid to go to sleep cause i think i might be missing somethin. watchin old movie s and checkin my phone every five min. lol god i hope i fall asleep soon ha ha
We're gonna be hurting in the morning!! LOL Gawd, 6 o'clock comes early enough for me.

Old
02-27-2011, 11:40 PM
CapnCornelius

FWIW, with Phillips re-signing in Ottawa, this may re-ignite Motreal's interest in Rusty Klesla.

Old
02-27-2011, 11:42 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
FWIW, with Phillips re-signing in Ottawa, this may re-ignite Motreal's interest in Rusty Klesla.
Don't do that to me. Now I'll never sleep. LOL

Old
02-27-2011, 11:48 PM
tkeats

Quote:
Don't do that to me. Now I'll never sleep. LOL
been there before... but then you wake up the next morning and absolutely nothing has happened - now... since it is the trade deadline tomorrow that might not be the case but seems to be the way it always happens

Closed Thread