HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 Trade Deadline Thread II (All General Deadline Talk/Proposals/Blog Rumors here)

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2011, 09:17 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
I'm curious about that because she is usually very good about reporting the facts(though she is not a hockey person per say). I wonder if they meant Klesla, but I'm having trouble understanding why a 3rd line grinder being on IR is "hampering" trade talks....unless Howson is saying he would trade Dorsett() if he was healthy.
Also confused, Nord. That's why the inquiry. I suppose it's possible I misunderstood (I was only halfway throughm my first cup of coffee), so if anyone else heard the same report... Maybe she referenced Rusty's injury and then said "the defenseman AND Derek Dorsett..." but I don't think so.

Old
02-21-2011, 09:19 AM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Lori Schmidt on the radio (CBJbuzz) this morning said that Howson said having "defenseman Derek Dorsett injured hampers the team" in trade talks.

Now, aside from the fact DD is not a defenseman, and aside from those who don't want to hear from Howson how hard his job is - is this accurate? Is there a link to Howson saying this? I'm looking for one and can't find it.
Might be from her own report?

Old
02-21-2011, 09:40 AM
Pata93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
IF (and its a big if...) Howson still sees us sniffing the playoffs at trade deadline, does having both Huse and Brass injured help keep Jake from a trade? I mean, if we are really seeing a chance to make it, would losing HALF of your top 6 and 2/3rds of the top line be a good move?

IMO, it would take a HUGE overpayment, and what team would do that now? Said it before and I'll say it again. I'd hate to see him light it up wearing another sweater. The boy is young, strong, and exciting to watch. CBJ doesn't have enough of that.

Full disclosure: I am a total Jake homer, and I really don't want to see him moved!
http://legrandclub.rds.ca/profils/608456/posts/105058

He's a ''reputable'' french hockey insider and he says the Jackets are still shopping Hejda, Klesla.... and Jake . This guy has tons of contacts so if he says they are shopping Jake I believe him.

Old
02-21-2011, 09:47 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Might be from her own report?
Right. I thought of that after the fact as well.

I guess consider this a request if anyone heard what I heard and, if so, what to make of it?

Old
02-21-2011, 09:51 AM
CentreKeeper12
TheCentreKeeper

via portzline
Aportzline Aaron Portzline
Every indication is that #CBJ is leaning against a waiver claim for D Sheldon Souray, due to 2011-12 salary ($2.25M) and diminishing skills.

Why do i get a feeling that because this statement came from portzline that the cbj are going to claim Souray

Old
02-21-2011, 10:01 AM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pata93 View Post

He's a ''reputable'' french hockey insider and he says the Jackets are still shopping Hejda, Klesla.... and Jake . This guy has tons of contacts so if he says they are shopping Jake I believe him.
I am sure we are. He is the only player we have that can bring us back something good. We have to shop him to see if there is a team who will trade us what we need to make us better. That doesn't mean we are just looking for any trade to get rid of him though.

Last edited by RDriesenUD: 02-21-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Old
02-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
"You wouldn't happen to be willing to trade the sky, the moon, and the stars for Voracek, would you?"
"No."
"Okay, just checking."

The next day, a report comes out that Voracek is being shopped, and five threads appear on the trade mains proposing he go to [insert three random teams and Toronto twice] for two fifth-round picks and a third-liner.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
02-21-2011, 10:48 AM
EDM

Seems rather obvious that if Dorsett's injury is hampering trade talks, Dorsett was part of a trade proposal.

Old
02-21-2011, 11:04 AM
fox2usp
Inbred Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
Seems rather obvious that if Dorsett's injury is hampering trade talks, Dorsett was part of a trade proposal.
Not necessarily. Possibly wants a healthy Dorsett back in the lineup before dealing another winger like, say, somebody like Boll?

"I don't think I'll live long enough to forgive Howson for knocking off my rose colored glasses. He's a horrible, wretched, little stinker of a man. I just hope he wakes up in the morning and can't poop." -CBJCougar (on the Klesla trade), March 23, 2011
Old
02-21-2011, 11:05 AM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneMas1 View Post
via portzline
Aportzline Aaron Portzline
Every indication is that #CBJ is leaning against a waiver claim for D Sheldon Souray, due to 2011-12 salary ($2.25M) and diminishing skills.

Why do i get a feeling that because this statement came from portzline that the cbj are going to claim Souray
Portzy got it right. Cleared.

Old
02-21-2011, 11:09 AM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pata93 View Post

McKenzie and Dreger have suggested Goligoski is being offered as bait for a forward. The name presently mentioned is James Neal from Dallas, but given prior rumors connecting Pittsburgh and Columbus, I wonder if Voracek for Goligoski has been discussed at some point.

Whether Howson will do it now is another question.

Old
02-21-2011, 11:37 AM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Heck no. The depth of the franchise is of absolutely no concern. Depth is for wimps. Live on the edge with your budget team.

Why did you pick out that one part of the post and respond with this? It makes Fred's comments seem contrary to your comment.
No actually it was meant in support, as in "That's the way you build a Franchise".

Old
02-21-2011, 11:44 AM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Lori Schmidt on the radio (CBJbuzz) this morning said that Howson said having "defenseman Derek Dorsett injured hampers the team" in trade talks.

Now, aside from the fact DD is not a defenseman, and aside from those who don't want to hear from Howson how hard his job is - is this accurate? Is there a link to Howson saying this? I'm looking for one and can't find it.
If Dorsett is an important piece in a trade, I wouldn't expect a whole lot in return. If he's a supplementary piece, I have a hard time believing a team would hold up the trade because of his injury, but stranger things have happened, I suppose.

Old
02-21-2011, 11:54 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
If Dorsett is an important piece in a trade, I wouldn't expect a whole lot in return. If he's a supplementary piece, I have a hard time believing a team would hold up the trade because of his injury, but stranger things have happened, I suppose.
It's probably Klesla they meant.

Old
02-21-2011, 12:14 PM
EDM

The names Dorsett and Klesla do not sound very much a like. Rather difficult to confuse them. I think we should assume Lori Schmidt has a brain and would know the difference between the 2 players.

And I could see a team like Edmonton that has a lot of young skill seeing some reasonable value in obtaining a young 3rd line energy guy like Dorsett as part of s package.

Old
02-21-2011, 12:53 PM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
It's probably Klesla they meant.
This. She meant Rusty not Dorsett

Old
02-21-2011, 01:14 PM
wahsnairb

if the gm's around the league view our players even half as poorly as the shmucks who make proposals all over the mains, then no wonder GMSH is so inactive.

Old
02-21-2011, 01:18 PM
EDM

The names Dorsett and Rusty do not sound very much a like. Rather difficult to confuse them. I think we should assume Lori Schmidt has a brain and would know the difference between the 2 players.

Old
02-21-2011, 01:29 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
The names Dorsett and Rusty do not sound very much a like. Rather difficult to confuse them. I think we should assume Lori Schmidt has a brain and would know the difference between the 2 players.
That certainly doesn't mean she couldn't have mis-spoken.

Old
02-21-2011, 01:36 PM
EDM

what evidence is there that she misspoke other than the usual "none of the reporters are as smart as us" attitude that so frequently appears on this board?

Old
02-21-2011, 01:48 PM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 50
Quote:
what evidence is there that she misspoke other than the usual "none of the reporters are as smart as us" attitude that so frequently appears on this board?
I went to the source. I asked her. She said it was Rusty. Not Dorsett

Old
02-21-2011, 01:49 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
The fact that it seems unlikely that any deal would hinge on Dorsett.

Old
02-21-2011, 01:49 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

klesla is listed at TFP's #19 available player; juice at 15; jake at 9

still has us in on vandermeer, in on wayne simmonds? in on wiess, in on gogo, in on bogo, in on hemsky

not in on liles?

and sorry for "certain" people...NOT in on Brad Richards

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/trade...p25/index.html

Last edited by Fro: 02-21-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Old
02-21-2011, 01:54 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
klesla is listed at TFP's #19 available player
I don't understand what that means?? Should I get ready to cry?

Old
02-21-2011, 01:59 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Glover View Post
I went to the source. I asked her. She said it was Rusty. Not Dorsett
Awesome - thanks. Whether she misspoke or I misheard is of no matter to me - I just wanted to know what was right.

So, what we have is a report that Klesla's injury is hampering Howson in trade discussions. Implications beyond the obvious?

Closed Thread