HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brad Richards top FA Team Choices

Old
02-21-2011, 04:35 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

vCash: 500
so not only do they get hosed, they trade Brad Richards best friend on the team... bwahahahahahhahaha, this is grand... Nice work Dallas

Sasha Cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:27 PM
habspinner

From EJ Hradek's Twitter

EJ Hradek
@EJHradek_ESPN EJ Hradek
4 most of the season, I've felt the Stars wouldn't move UFA Brad Richards. That feeling is changing. I now think he goes 2 highest bidder.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:41 PM
ThunderRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by habspinner View Post
From EJ Hradek's Twitter

EJ Hradek
@EJHradek_ESPN EJ Hradek
4 most of the season, I've felt the Stars wouldn't move UFA Brad Richards. That feeling is changing. I now think he goes 2 highest bidder.
The highest bidder that Richards accepts to go to - why do people act like his NTC doesn't exist? His NTC WILL effect the return if he is asked to waive.

ThunderRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:44 PM
RStar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokenmetalhead View Post
Holy crap you are such an effing troll. You really should be banned, all you ever do is spend hours on here each day bashing Leaf fans with baseless hatred just to get a rise out of people online. Grow the hell up and by the way, the gentleman below was kind enough to bring up the quote that says what I said. Seeing as I can't be expected to recall the exact source within 2 minutes every time for asshats like yourself.

There. That's what he said. He never said he WAS coming here, but it's pretty different than Steve Simmons' sensationalist garbage passed off as journalism "he's just not coming here because I say he said so". But this might be too difficult to wrap your head around, if so, my sincerest apologies, continue watching the Sens or Canucks and huffing glue or whatever it is those fanbases do to pass the time.

In the meantime please, fans of other hockey teams. Steve Simmons is a joke of the Toronto sports media, please do not pass off his bloggy spewage for the truth.
Ohhhh. So when you said "Dream destination" you were lying. Got ya.

And no, me and the majority of TO fans get along just fine. The ones who don't make things up that is.

RStar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:45 PM
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Anton View Post
so not only do they get hosed, they trade Brad Richards best friend on the team... bwahahahahahhahaha, this is grand... Nice work Dallas
I knew Joe Newey was an overrated idiot GM when he was trying his best to dump a premiere puckmover like Ribeiro for nothing, this only proves it.

I hope the Habs dump Gomez for Richards, but it's obviously a pipedream.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:47 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by habspinner View Post
From EJ Hradek's Twitter

EJ Hradek
@EJHradek_ESPN EJ Hradek
This is the first time I've seen a team decide to tank well holding onto a playoff spot.

Bobby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:53 PM
gobolt7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverSports View Post
What's your source on this? He has a new home in PEI and summers there, and he's obviously in Dallas during the winter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltsfan2029 View Post
I'm not sure at this point if it's something I read in the local media or heard on local radio, to be honest. Can't remember which.
Last summer he skated at the Lightning's practice facility in Brandon before training camp began, as he has every summer since being traded from Tampa. I know because I saw him, a lot.

gobolt7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:59 PM
drew1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Downie View Post
I'd like to know where the Toronto Sun thinks it's not possible economically.... Gagne and Smith's contracts coming off the books frees up almost 7 million cap space alone.
They also ahve to re-sign Stamkos.. hmm 7 mil right there....

drew1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 07:04 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
This is the first time I've seen a team decide to tank well holding onto a playoff spot.
How exactly are the Stars tanking?

Richards is still on the Stars roster, albeit slightly woozy and unable to return quite yet. He's given no indication whatsoever that he wants to leave town, and GM Joe Nieuwendyk hasn't given any word that Richards is being shopped.

Yes, the Stars are still (barely) holding on to a playoff spot.

Today's trade addressed a glaring need on the blueline; fixing this will hopefully get the Stars realigned, so to speak.

02-21-2011, 08:06 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew1234 View Post
They also ahve to re-sign Stamkos.. hmm 7 mil right there....
Stamkos already has a 3.725 cap hit already, so thats just another 3.5 or so and we have 8.5 free now. Its possible.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 08:17 PM
scdn

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternallyLeafs View Post
Earlier in the season he said:

"I have not ruled it out"

In regards to signing here.

The Toronto media jumped all over this statement. Some of us knew all along that he wouldn't sign here. Others have yet to accept the reality of the situation.
Youtube is not embedding for me for some reason. Was going to post the dumb and dumber clip, "So, you're telling me there's a chance".

scdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 08:38 PM
JesusNPucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrik4vezina30 View Post
Really? It might be wishful thinking as a Ranger fan, but wouldn't you be more inclined to leave if you lose one of your top wingers?
Probably, except that the Stars' top line is probably about to receive an upgrade on LW: Jamie Benn.

Benn - Richards - Eriksson

JesusNPucks is offline   Reply With Quote