HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If you were GM

Old
02-20-2011, 10:25 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd - If you moved all these picks, what type of player would you get?

What about a boatload of our prospects? Kreider, Grachev, Vtank, for ~

What if you combine all those picks and prospects? What type of player would become available? Or something like, AA+Kreider+Sauer+1st+2nd+2nd =

I'd rather not move these assets, but if that's close to superstar talent, I'd consider blowing our farm system up.
I think if you're getting an elite talent who will also aid in getting gabby back to elite form I'd absolutely do it.

NYGBleedBlueNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:27 PM
BrandNewDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Dater is saying Paul Stastny may be available: http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2011...ng-to-go/6559/

Get 'em Slats!
If that's the case, what in the WORLD is Colorado doing?

BrandNewDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:29 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
What would you do? I'm guessing 95% of you guys will say obvious things like "Buy out Drury+Avery, trade EC/Gilroy/Eminger/Feds/Prospal, sign or trade for Richards, and so on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staal18 View Post
Get rid of the rest of the bunch for any picks or young talent.

Do not sign any free agent except for B. Richards if possible on a reasonable contract.

Players i'd get rid of for next season or whenever possible and would not care at all are: Gaborik, Wolski, White, Drury, Redden, Prospal, Avery, BOOGAARD, Fedotenko, Christensen, Prust, Gilroy, MDZ, Eminger. (Anything in this list is junk or just is not going to fit into the long term mold of what the NYR's should be.)

And so this is my lines:
? - ? - ?
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan
? - Stepan - MZA
? - Boyle - ?

Staal - Girardi
? - ?
McDonagh - Sauer

Notice: Lot's of question marks because we really do lack the talent to become a real Stanley Cup organization. And I just threw those lines together, I don't realistically expect lines to form that exact way but I tried to have a vision of the proper places that these guys really belong in.
We got a winner here!

The question marks is exactly what I'm trying asking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Dater is saying Paul Stastny may be available: http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2011...ng-to-go/6559/

Get 'em Slats!
Nomonomonomoom! Stastny's going nowhere though. We all know this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
Make Avery captain and let him loose!
Avery has no chance to succeed in this league. He can't do his thing anymore. The NHL clearly has an agenda against him.

Avery doesn't get away with anything anymore. Every little thing he does gets called. He even gets penalized when he's not even guilty. The wonderful thing about this is, how the refs catching every single minor he takes, overlook the blatant shots against him.

Avery's done.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:29 PM
KingWantsCup
Grinch who stole...

vCash: 350
If I were GM...

- No rentals for our extra second round pick, unless it's for Babchuk.

- Let Gaborik take as much time to heal as he needs, the whole season if necessary.

- Let the season run it's course with the kids whether we look like we're making the playoffs or not. It makes no sense to make major trades when we're 0-4 against the best team in the league, Philadelphia. Clearly not our cup year.

- Let Prospal, Frolov walk. Hope to God that Redden goes to Europe (decent chance), Boogaard's contract is terminated (low chance), and Drury retires (no chance).

- Resign all RFA's.

- Resign Fedotenko to another 1 year $1M contract.

- Sign Brad Richards and attempt to acquire Babchuk in the off season, or someone else with a proven shot from the blue line.

- I'm not sure what Kreider's situation with BC is, but if at all possible try to convince him to take the leap to the NHL like we did with Stepan.

Dubinsky - Richards - Gaborik
Wolski - Stepan - Anisimov
Zuccarello - Boyle - Callahan
Avery - EC - Prust

KingWantsCup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:33 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
If I were GM...

- No rentals for our extra second round pick, unless it's for Babchuk.

- Let Gaborik take as much time to heal as he needs, the whole season if necessary.

- Let the season run it's course with the kids whether we look like we're making the playoffs or not. It makes no sense to make major trades when we're 0-4 against the best team in the league, Philadelphia. Clearly not our cup year.

- Let Prospal, Frolov walk. Hope to God that Redden goes to Europe (decent chance), Boogaard's contract is terminated (low chance), and Drury retires (no chance).

- Resign all RFA's.

- Resign Fedotenko to another 1 year $1M contract.

- Sign Brad Richards and attempt to acquire Babchuk in the off season, or someone else with a proven shot from the blue line.

- I'm not sure what Kreider's situation with BC is, but if at all possible try to convince him to take the leap to the NHL like we did with Stepan.

Avery - EC - Prust
Doesn't look like a contender to me. You re-signed Feds and he's not even in the line-up.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:34 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2004 View Post
Trade everyone except:
Callahan
Dubinsky
Staal
Lundqvist (if no changes he'll ask for trade in my opinion)
Kreider
Stepan
Anisimov, Boyle * (undecisive) Depends on the return.
MZA * ( very tradable, but might end up being very good player - somewhere else )

Sorry, I forgot about Girardi and Sauer ???
In other words, trade everyone except anyone who has value save for Gaborik.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:34 PM
Dredden
JT Miller

I`d like to see RangerBoy`s thoughts..

Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:35 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
Avery - EC - Prust
If nothing else, move Boyle to the wing before Anisimov. I think Boyle's game is better suited to the wing anyway.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:48 PM
ThisYearsModel

If we must make a big deal.....target Stastny. A group of centers made up of Richards, Stastny, Stepan and Anisimov would be impressive. If Anisimov needs to be part of the deal, Boyle is the 4th center.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:49 PM
silverfish
Player Usage

Drury on LTIR

Move Prospal for a third round pick.

Send Washington's 2nd to Buffalo for Montador.

Send Valentenko, Weise, Grachev, Gilroy, and said third round pick to Florida for McCabe and Weiss (I'm sure this isn't enough but let's say it is)

Core in tact + Weiss. PP shot + veteran presence on blueline gained.

Dubinsky - Weiss - Gaborik
Avery - AA - Callahan
WW - Step - Zucc
Fedotenko - Boyle - Prust

Staal - Girardi
McCabe - Montador
McD - Sauer

If Hank finds his game this is a lineup with good depth, and a good mix of veterans and youth that could make a run.

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 10:54 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

In the offseason:

Gaborik, Del Zotto, Grachev for Jack Johnson, Wayne Simmonds, Braydon Schenn

Sign Brad Richards on July 1st

Anisimov, 2nd for Johnny Boychuk

(not sure why Boston would do that, even though the value is close, but let me dream )

Dubinsky Richards Kreider
Wolski Stepan Zuccarello
Simmonds Schenn Callahan
Prust Boyle Avery

Staal Johnson
McDonagh Boychuk
Sauer Girardi
Valentenko or Vet UFA like Vandermeer, etc.

Lundqvist
Biron

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 11:20 PM
Vitto79

the recent losses suck but the team does fight hard. The system is not the problem the team just needs more offense. Stick with the plan

Let all of the UFA's walk, Feds, Prospal, Eminger and of course White/Frolov

Sign all the RFA's long term. Dubi, Cally, AA, BB, Sauer

Give Grachev and Kreider a chance to make next yrs team

Buy out Drury, Sign Richards

As for the deadline its really a tough call cause they really have to try and make the playoffs and as horrific things have been going everyone else is not much better in the East.

I would still offer a 2nd and a Gilroy for McCabe and if they say no oh well go a cheaper route and get a Dman in for the PP. Does not have to bve someone big just show the team they are not giving up and trying to make it in the top 8

keep the faith!

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2011, 11:43 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Full rebuild should have been done. There were tons of opportunities, but each were pushed aside for decisions that inevitably have led to what you have today: A team deep in role players and short on franchise players. But at this point, it's too late for that. You have to do your best with what you have, unless you want to blow up the whole thing.

-Keep Lundqvist, Biron, Callahan, Dubinsky, Gaborik, Stepan, MZA, Avery, Prust, Boyle, Anisimov, Staal, Girardi, Sauer, McDonagh, Del Zotto. Get rid of every other roster player for whatever you can get.

-Don't trade for any rentals, and especially don't trade any of Kreider, Thomas, Werek, Fasth, Kundratek, Valentenko

-Acquire Richards, whether VIA trade or free agency. Do not pursue any other major free agent under any circumstances this off-season. Do not trade for any Ales Hemskys or Mikhail Grabovskis or any other non-elite offensive players.

-Buy out Drury if you must to sign Richards, or, preferably, just wait his deal out.

-At some point next season, try and package Girardi with Boyle and pick and/or prospect to get a better defenseman to pair with Staal.

Make additional upgrades as cap space opens up in the coming seasons.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:57 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Anisimov, Del Zotto, Grachev, 1st 2011, conditional 1st 2012(if he re-signs) for Brad Richards

Wolski Richards Gaborik
Dubinsky Stepan Zuccarello - [ switching Zucc and Cally would also work nicely. ]
Boyle Prospal Callahan
Avery Christensen Prust

Staal Girardi
McDonagh Souray
Eminger Sauer
Gilroy

Lundqvist
Biron

Call me naive or just call me wrong, but I'd be confident going into the playoffs with that team. I can see us doing some serious damage. A trip to the ECF would not shock me one bit with the above lineup.

Next year:

Wolski Richards Gaborik
Dubinsky Stepan Zuccarello
Kreider Boyle Callahan
Avery Christensen Prust

Staal Girardi
McDonagh Sauer
UFA Eminger
Valentenko / Hartford players as injury-depth

Lundqvist
Biron

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 02:56 AM
mike14

Trade Dubi, Ani, MDZ, 2011 1st, 2012 1st (cond) to dallas for Richards and Neal.

Tell Redden it's a trip to Europe or a trip to the bottom of the Hudson ie make it clear that he wont get any playing time here and it's time to break the contract.

Basically give the same ultimatum to Drury (less the Europe part). In an ideal world he'd walk away from the contract but as that most likely wont happen I buy him out.

If I can move Avery I do, if I can't no biggy. If Feds wants a contract similar to the one he's on that's great, if not bye-bye.

We go into next season:

Neal - Richards - Gabi
Wolski/Feds - Stepan - MZA
Feds/Avery - Boyle - Cally
Avery/Weise - Newbury - Prust

The D has Staal, Girardi, McD, Sauer. I haven't looked at the FA D-men but based on previous years there should be an ok 5/6 D-man to get on the cheap.

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 02:57 AM
Alvvays
Man Girardi

vCash: 50
Damn you BBG, why did you make this thread? It's just gonna be NHL 11 moves from here on out.

02-21-2011, 03:29 AM
Ola

You fire Torts ASAP.

He was -- by the stats -- the de facto worst coach in the league when he was fired Tampa. And it does not seem like he have been able to adjust to the post-lockout game after that.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:25 AM
Provolone*

Can people please shut up about brad richards?!? If i were Dallas, i'd make one last run with him and in any case, you could have him for nothing in the offseason.

As for GM, i love our D, i love our goalie. The only question is how do we fill out a top line, imo.

X-X-Gaborik
Dubi-Stepan-Callahan
Boyle-Anisimov-Zuccarello
Avery-x-Prust

Staal-Girardi
McD-Sauer
MDZ*-X

King
Biron

The "X's" need to be filled. I'm more than happy moving ahead with the players i named. Wolski, Prospal, EC, Eminger are the only players that should be moved at this deadline. *I also think, sadly, with this past season that MDZ is expendable.

I've seen people mention a Gabby package for Braydon Shenn n picks w/ LA, not sure the basis of this, but..... Id be for that.

I'd ship a 3rd n low end prospect to the Isles for Konopka/ or, i just looked up free agents and he is one next year, so just sign him. Fills our much needed faceoff need and 4th line center. Sign Brad Richards and Jussi Jokinen. Richards to a 5 year deal, Jussi to a 3-4 year deal.

Provolone* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:44 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staal18 View Post
Keep: Callahan, Dubinsky, Anisimov, Stepan, Boyle, MZA, Staal, Girardi, Sauer, McDonagh, Hank.
- What I would have are my 6 F, 4 D, Goalie.

Keep all prospects and sign contracts to those who need it.

Get rid of the rest of the bunch for any picks or young talent.

Do not sign any free agent except for B. Richards if possible on a reasonable contract.

Players i'd get rid of for next season or whenever possible and would not care at all are: Gaborik, Wolski, White, Drury, Redden, Prospal, Avery, BOOGAARD, Fedotenko, Christensen, Prust, Gilroy, MDZ, Eminger. (Anything in this list is junk or just is not going to fit into the long term mold of what the NYR's should be.)

And so this is my lines:
? - ? - ?
Dubinsky - Stepan - Callahan
? - Anisimov - MZA
? - Boyle - ?

Staal - Girardi
? - ?
McDonagh - Sauer

Notice: Lot's of question marks because we really do lack the talent to become a real Stanley Cup organization. And I just threw those lines together, I don't realistically expect lines to form that exact way but I tried to have a vision of the proper places that these guys really belong in.

I agree with most of this. Good post.

The only thing I disagree on is MDZ. He's untouchable for me. Gaborik is a keeper too but if a very good deal was on the table I would take it. It'd have to be a really tempting offer though.

Guys like Wolski, Feds, Prospal and Eminger could land us some extra draft picks.

I wouldnt be disappointed if this team misses playoffs this season, wasnt really expecting us to make it. People tend to focus on negatives alot but we have more positive so far than negatives. Stepan, McDonagh, Zuke, Sauer are all positives. Guys like Girardi, Dubi and Cally stepping up are positives too. We have good things in place. Playoffs would be nice off course but I wouldnt lose any sleep if we missed em.

darko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:52 AM
patnyrnyg

I would see if I could move Lundqvist for Vokoun and hope I can re-sign Vokoun in the off-season.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:54 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
I would see if I could move Lundqvist for Vokoun and hope I can re-sign Vokoun in the off-season.

And if Vokoun bolts make Biron a starter.

darko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 06:54 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
You fire Torts ASAP.

He was -- by the stats -- the de facto worst coach in the league when he was fired Tampa. And it does not seem like he have been able to adjust to the post-lockout game after that.
Wow. Are you serious with this? Right, it is Torts fault that Lundqvist can never stop a deflection. It is his fault that Lundqvist gets beat on his glove hand over and over again. It is Torts fault that Lundqvist lets in terrible goals on a regular basis. Oh wait, Torts keeps playing him, maybe it is his fault.

Old
02-21-2011, 07:25 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

•Shut down Gaborik for the season.

•Waive Prospal before his bonus is triggered.

•Del Zotto to Hartford for the rest of the season.

•Free Kennedy and bring him up through re-entry waivers. He deserves to have a shot in the NHL somewhere.

•Trade Christensen for any kind of draft pick in 2011 or 2012.

•Re-call Kolarik & Weise.

•Ride out the rest of the season.

Dubinsky. Anisimov. Callahan
Wolski. Stepan. Zuccarello
Fedotenko. Boyle. Kolarik
Avery. Newbury. Prust
Weise

Staal. Girardi
McDonagh. Sauer
Eminger. Gilroy

•Sign Kreider, Werek, Hagelin, & Campbell to ELC.

•Draft BPA no matter what position.

•Sign Dubinsky, Callahan, Anisimov, Sauer, & Boyle long term.

•Let Fedotenko, Prospal, & Gilroy walk as UFA.

•Buy out Drury.

•Bury Boogaard in Hartford.

•Sign Richards.

•Re-sign Eminger.

•Attempt to extend Stepan, McDonagh, & Del Zotto contracts early (would be cheaper).

•Try to sign some undrafted NCAA players, especially a goaltender (not as confident in our goal depth in the system).

•Evaluate McIlrath in camp, see if he's ready (PP shot). If not, back to Juniors.

•Find a cheap vet defenseman on a 1-year deal as a #7.

•Allow a competition in camp for the #5, #6, & #7 defense spots.

Del Zotto
Eminger
Vet#7
McIlrath
Valentenko
Kundratek

----

2011-2012
Kreider. Richards. Gaborik
Dubinsky. Stepan. Callahan
Wolski. Anisimov. Zuccarello
Avery. Boyle. Prust
Newbury

Staal. Girardi
McDonagh. Sauer
__5__. __6__
__7__

Lundqvist
Biron

--------

Stay the course.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 07:25 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Stay the course. Colorado hates their team. They want to rebuild their D with size. Erik Johnson. Maybe Jack Johnson. They will want Marc Staal. NO.

Not crazy about Bryan McCabe or any of the rental D. Brian Leetch was McCabe's partner the last time McCabe played in a playoff game. Leetch has been retired for 5 years. Would rather trade for a signed defenseman(not an old guy)who has a good cap # and isn't signed long-term but the other team would have to take back some salary in the deal such Erik Christensen's $925,000.

Re-sign the group II's-Dubinsky and Callahan @$4M each,Boyle for $2M,AA for $1.85M and Sauer for $1.5M. Add up the other commitments and it leaves $6.4M in the summer cap of $68.64M based on a $62.4M 11-12 upper limit. Buying out Drury opens up another $3.3M. I would tell Drury at the exit meeting in April/May that we intend to buy you out before July 1. Ask him about his plans. Is he planning to play?If we find a taker in a trade,would he be willing to waive his NMC? Retire due to the injuries? If we buy him out,is he going to play or retire?Is he going to move his family for a year of playing somewhere and then retire if he can't play anymore?If that's the case,just retire this summer.

Brad Richards is the Rangers target as a free agent in July. 5 years/$6.5M/$32.5M. He wants to stay in Dallas or play in New York,TB or LA/Carolina. Lebrun reported Dallas,NY,TB and LA. Steve Simmons reported Dallas,NY,TB or Carolina. Dallas is his first choice. Need new ownership there. Does TB have the money to pay Richards and Stamkos this summer when they are paying Lecavalier and St.Louis? Carolina has no money. Will LA give Richards a big contract? They still haven't signed Doughty.

Trade a 3rd round pick at the draft for the negotiating rights to Richards.

Nothing earth shattering. #1C. The defenseman depends upon the price. Cap # and cap space.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 07:28 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
And if Vokoun bolts make Biron a starter.
chance you have to take. Lundqvist is not worth the cap space he is taking, and this team will never win anything of significance with him in net.