HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Trade Proposal/Rumours/FA Talk - TRADE DEADLINE VERSION

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2011, 09:45 AM
TheLaughsWeKnow*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Kessel + Kadri + 1st + 1st

for

Brown + Stoll + Schenn + Clifford
Take Stoll, Clifford, Kessel, and replace one of the firsts with Armstrong to the deal and i'll do it.

Old
02-21-2011, 09:55 AM
NigelTufnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaughsWeKnow View Post
Take Stoll, Clifford, Kessel, and replace one of the firsts with Armstrong to the deal and i'll do it.
Sure, but there's no way LA would.

Old
02-21-2011, 10:01 AM
indigobuffalo
Portage and Main

Please MAKE IT STOP!

Oh Lordy Gordie...

What is with this thread??

Brayden Schenn for Kadri plus picks??

Kessel for anything?? (Brown in this case!)

No, seriously... what is wrong with you people???

These are all horrible, horrible trade suggestions. Just awful.

What has Brayden Schenn done that Kadri hasn't? Nothing.

There is no basis for thinking Schenn is a better player than Kadri.

These aren't the Sedins. Uniting the Schenn brothers is meaningless. Look at the Staal brothers. Stanley Cup champions (2 of 4) and all on seperate teams (I think Carolina has two now...)

You don't have to bring in Brayden to placate Luke. IMO the better one is already on our team. Brayden = Nazem. Why donate picks to LA for no return value.

And Kessel? Really, trade Kessel? After all this club went through to get him, you want to trade him? He is averaging his normal levels of output. He is gradually increasing the physical level of his play and since the All-star break his +/- has improved a lot.

So in effect he looks better than he has ever been for us.

Why would we go out and trade him??

Are you people just trolling?

Old
02-21-2011, 10:08 AM
KlattNazty

I feel like my post a while back got lost too.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsfan24
There is two reasons why Burke may be interested in Schenn

1) He is a center that can help Kessel
2) He is Schenn's brother.

Why on earth would people want to give away Kessel to get Schenn? It's Mats Sundin all over again... good center (Schenn hasn't even proved anything in the NHL yet, to call him a #1 center is too early) and no good wingers?

We should trade picks for Schenn, but LA don't want picks... that means...that this trade is never going to happen.

If we acquire B. Schenn, we better not be giving Kadri and Kessel away. I agree with the Mats Sundin part, lose a to get b. But if we acquire the centre of b. schenn, then i think it means Kadri's future HAS to be on the wing. Projecting, yes i realize things change, but lets say schenn becomes a number one centre, and colborne a number two, then kadri certainly wont slot into the no 3 role. He is an offensive wiz and if we are going to have two big, two way centres then i think kadri has to slip to the wing. Acquiring another winger who can work like kulemin or simmonds wil likely be crucial for these lines to have some more size and grit to work, again yes i am speculating. Assuming everyone pans out:

Kadri - Schenn - ???/ Simmonds / MacArthur
Kulemin - Colborne - ???/ Grabovski

I leave Grabovski and MacArthur out because I am not certain of their future should this trade occur. People speculate grabovski is suited to a wing, and has played there in the past, and could slot in well to that second line. MacArthur might also slot into that line as well. IMO i like this top 6, and if they can play well together, then pieces could be added to the wings.

This is just my thinking lol, dont flame me to hard.

Old
02-21-2011, 10:09 AM
indigobuffalo
Portage and Main

What?? No! TRADE Armstrong?? He's been the biggest leader on this team, far surpassing Phaneuf this year in that regard and with him in the lineup the Leafs are around .644W% team!

C'mon! At some point you have to want to KEEP the players that are winning games for you.

And let's be 100% clear. The LAKs believe they are making the playoffs. They are ONLY trading for players, and they are only moving assets like picks and prospects.

That immediately negates insane offers like Kadri for Schenn. Brown? No way. If a deal goes down between the Leafs and Kings, it involves MacArthur, Grabovski or Kulemin going there for draft picks.

And I wouldn't close a deal like that for two 1sts and a 2nd from LA. They would be late picks and provide little to no benefit to our team in the rebuild process because we would be giving up proven, quality players that fit our rebuild blueprint for random, unproven commodities that, while young, may or may not fit the blueprint.

I do not see any trades happening between LAK and TOR so it's not even worth discussing.

Old
02-21-2011, 10:10 AM
NigelTufnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigobuffalo View Post
Oh Lordy Gordie...

These aren't the Sedins. Uniting the Schenn brothers is meaningless. Look at the Staal brothers. Stanley Cup champions (2 of 4) and all on seperate teams (I think Carolina has two now...)

You don't have to bring in Brayden to placate Luke. IMO the better one is already on our team. Brayden = Nazem. Why donate picks to LA for no return value.

And Kessel? Really, trade Kessel? After all this club went through to get him, you want to trade him? He is averaging his normal levels of output. He is gradually increasing the physical level of his play and since the All-star break his +/- has improved a lot.

Are you suggesting Brown is not a suitable return for Kessel?

If you dont like the trades that are being discussed then fine. But don't suggest that I or anybody else is trolling for having an open and honest discussion. That is after all what a discussion board is for.

I realize some people are tired of hearing about Brayden Schenn, but obviously some are not. I and the others talking about this are clearly the latter.

A few other things.

Schenn does not = Kadri. One was picked higher for a reason. I suppose we wont know for a while which one turns out to be the better NHL player, but for you and anyone else to suggest that Kadri and Schenn are the same is ridiculous. If you think the dangles and such that Kadri has over Schenn are more important than the all-around game that Schenn brings, that's fine, just say that, dont come around saying silly things like they = each other.

And why should it be so ridiculous to discuss trading Kessel? What exactly is it about kessel that makes it so off limits to talk about trading him? We gave up a lot to get him? yeah so what? We just got him? We just got versteeg too what of it?

Old
02-21-2011, 10:11 AM
Pi

vCash: 100
I only want Schenn if Kadri doesn't go the other way. I think Kadri's PPG pace in the AHL in his first year is much better than a 2+ PPG pace in WHL where the average age is 17.

I'd give up Colborne+ for Schenn but Kadri+ is a SERIOUS overpayment.

Old
02-21-2011, 10:12 AM
Ritzie

Quote:
Oh Lordy Gordie...

Perfectly said.
The B. Schenn hype has gotten beyond ridiculous.
Kadri and Kessel aren't going anywhere either.

Old
02-21-2011, 10:24 AM
Keeping it Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelTufnel View Post
Schenn does not = Kadri. One was picked higher for a reason. I suppose we wont know for a while which one turns out to be the better NHL player, but for you and anyone else to suggest that Kadri and Schenn are the same is ridiculous. If you think the dangles and such that Kadri has over Schenn are more important than the all-around game that Schenn brings, that's fine, just say that, dont come around saying silly things like they = each other.
It is actually silly to suggest that they don't equal each other. Neither player has done anything to suggest one is better. Two draft spots difference 2 years ago does prove your argument either.

If anything, Kadri is ahead given he is playing in the AHL vs. OHL, but I'd still call it even.

Old
02-21-2011, 10:24 AM
Barilko14

Personally I think for our current team
Schenn > Kadri
Brown + > Kessel

The possible amount of goals and points that we possibly (not a guarantee) would lose in this trade would be more then offset by the other intangibles that Schenn and Brown would bring to this team.

If Kulemin/Lupul are our biggest top 6 forwards going forward, we'll never get through teams like Boston or Philly.

People are discussing the LA/TOR trades because Burke obviously loves Schenn, and some bloggers, not even just Toronto bloggers, are saying that Burke is talking with Lombardi about him.

Not saying a deal will happen, it's highly unlikely, but if there was a blockbuster with these 4 players being the key I would be pleased.

Last edited by Barilko14: 02-21-2011 at 11:05 AM.
Old
02-21-2011, 10:26 AM
NigelTufnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsfan24 View Post
I only want Schenn if Kadri doesn't go the other way. I think Kadri's PPG pace in the AHL in his first year is much better than a 2+ PPG pace in WHL where the average age is 17.

I'd give up Colborne+ for Schenn but Kadri+ is a SERIOUS overpayment.
I disagree, but that's my opinion and you're certainly welcome to yours.

However, I do agree that it'd be ideal if we could grab Schenn without losing Kadri as I think those two would look great on a line together with say Kulemin, but you have to think of it from LA's side as well.

If they lose Schenn, they'll want it to be because they're getting something to help them now but they'll also want to find a replacement for him in their prospect pool, hence Kadri.

Careful though, we might get labeled as "trolls" for even discussing this

Old
02-21-2011, 10:27 AM
Budsfan

If a trade went down like many are talking about here, it will likely be off season, draft choices do not play hockey and the LA Kings are in a cup run, so unless we are trading players, that can help them in the play-offs now, they are unlikely to trade, current players on their roster for draft choices, it just doesn't work.

Brayden Schenn is not part of their current roster, so a trade like Sjostrom plus a first and third would maybe interest them.

Sjostrom is a good PK player, that they may want and the first and third for schenn may work for them, lots will think that's not enough but I'm only throwing out a possibility.

Sjostrom has a low cap hit and it may fit under their current cap.

Old
02-21-2011, 10:46 AM
NigelTufnel

Just read the dreger report and he was saying there may be some talks between PIT and DAL around Goligoski/Neal.

Those are specifically two of the players I would like to get here.

Does anybody think we have the pieces to possibly outbid for one of those guys? Then again, if we are in that situation where we have to outbid, is it worth it?

Old
02-21-2011, 10:55 AM
GE0

Quote:
Oh Lordy Gordie...

PS. But don't you know? Trading Kessel and Kadri is rebuilding with youth.

Old
02-21-2011, 10:57 AM
SprDaVE

This guy called the Kaberle trade to a tee and called quite a few other moves from what I've seen in the last couple months.

Anyway, take it with whatever size of salt you want:

*************** incarcerated bob
**NHL TRADE RUMOR**Source:"Burke will make another splash be4 deadline he will add a top tier young core player" Still trying 2get team(s)

*************** incarcerated bob
**NHL TRADE RUMOR** Leafs making noise that they are about to acquire a young player that will strengthen core - Burke is dangling picks

Old
02-21-2011, 11:02 AM
SteveV*

Rumors that Neal of Dallas is being shopped

As @DarrenDreger had in his daily report, lots of chatter about potential PIT-DAL deal that would involve Alex Goligoski and James Neal.

Leafs should be in on that!!

Old
02-21-2011, 11:04 AM
NigelTufnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
Rumors that Neal of Dallas is being shopped

As @DarrenDreger had in his daily report, lots of chatter about potential PIT-DAL deal that would involve Alex Goligoski and James Neal.

Leafs should be in on that!!
Saw that as well, but what do you think we'd have to give up for Neal?

Old
02-21-2011, 11:05 AM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

Stastny would be a Perfect fit here!!!

1st + 1st + 2nd

for

Stastny

Old
02-21-2011, 11:05 AM
SteveV*

Wow, Hagman on waivers!

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
CGY puts Niklas Hagman on waivers. EDM's Sheldon Souray clears re-entry waivers.

We SO WON THAT TRADE!

Old
02-21-2011, 11:08 AM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
Wow, Hagman on waivers!

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
CGY puts Niklas Hagman on waivers. EDM's Sheldon Souray clears re-entry waivers.

We SO WON THAT TRADE!
Wow. All they have left for Phanuef, AULIE, and Sjo is Stajan (and Babchuk I supose). What a horrid, horrid, trade

Old
02-21-2011, 11:09 AM
Dark Passenger

Quote:
Are you serious? Why on earth not?

Also, I dont think it's so much about wanting to get rid of Kadri as it is about wanting to bring in Brayden Schenn and realizing that you have to make LA want to move him when they wouldn't otherwise.
I'd love to bring Schenn, also, but from what I saw at last year's WJC, Kadri looked a lot more dangerous offensively. Schenn is a better all around player, but we desparately need a centre who can provide a scoring punch. Both look like they could be ready to step in next year, but Im not ready to concede that Schenn is that much better than Kadri, if at all. If BB can get Schenn, great, but not at the expense of moving Kadri.

Old
02-21-2011, 11:10 AM
NigelTufnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Wow. All they have left for Phanuef, AULIE, and Sjo is Stajan (and Babchuk I supose). What a horrid, horrid, trade
Wow. So they basically gave up a solid prospect in Aulie to gain some cap space.

Old
02-21-2011, 11:13 AM
MarcWagz

as much as speculation for schenn is ridiculous,
Colbourne + boston's 1st + leafs second

seems like a fair trade, no?
Although if LA wants players that will help them make a playoff run I don't see why they would be worried about moving schenn as he won't help them this year in the playoffs.

Why not
Armstrong + boston's 1st + colbourne for Schenn + a 2nd

Old
02-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Barilko14

Quote:
Just read the dreger report and he was saying there may be some talks between PIT and DAL around Goligoski/Neal.

Those are specifically two of the players I would like to get here.

Does anybody think we have the pieces to possibly outbid for one of those guys? Then again, if we are in that situation where we have to outbid, is it worth it?
That's another trade where we'd have a hard time getting into the bidding.

1) If Dal is interested in a young PMD currently in the NHL for Neal, we are out of luck.

2) If Pit wants a young PF currently in the NHL for Goligoski then we are out of luck.

Both of these teams are still in the playoffs, and wouldn't want future assets in return, which is our most expendable asset at the moment.

Old
02-21-2011, 11:17 AM
Dark Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post
Stastny would be a Perfect fit here!!!

1st + 1st + 2nd

for

Stastny

Dont want him. Good player, but on a long term contract making 6.6 million.
I honestly see him being delt and it sort of makes sense for Colorado. Build the team around Duchene and E.Johnson.

Closed Thread