HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Trade Proposal/Rumours/FA Talk - TRADE DEADLINE VERSION

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2011, 02:00 PM
NoTouchIcing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beleafer4 View Post
Mac + 1st + 3rd for goligoski
I would do this with a conditional 2nd coming back. That is if Pitt signs Mac using his RFA status.

Old
02-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Dr.Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBomber76 View Post
Would rather have Zajac.

While Zajac is a nice player he isn't even in the same Stratosphere as Parise.

Old
02-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Dark Knight
ScorchedEarthRebuild

I wont mind a guy like Dennis Wideman from FLA, although it will likely take more than the 3rd rounder to get him.

Aulie - Phaneuf
Wideman - Schenn
Gunnarson - Komisarek

02-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Beleafer4

I would give kadri + colbourne + both firsts.....

Old
02-21-2011, 02:02 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

vCash: 50
It would take a lot more than both 1st rounders... way too much for us to give up actually

Old
02-21-2011, 02:03 PM
TruthDeliveryVehicle*

A few ideas off the top of my head...

The Avs seem to be re-arranging their defense, and have a lot of puck moving d types. That's one possibility I can think of.

I have heard that Kings d prospect Viatcheslav Voinov is asking for NHL playing time, and threatening to go back to Russia if he doesn't get a chance. He has 40 points in 55 AHL games and a lot of people feel he's NHL ready.

Nashville has a stockpile of NHL ready offensive d-men. Guys like Franson, Josi or Blum might be available.

The Sharks have some depth at d after trading for White. Maybe Jason Demers or Justin Braun would be available.

Old
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Fuss View Post
I wont mind a guy like Dennis Wideman from FLA, although it will likely take more than the 3rd rounder to get him.

Aulie - Phaneuf
Wideman - Schenn
Gunnarson - Komisarek
He is horrible defensively. I like his offense and all but no thanks, especially with that contract. The dude is a -23

Old
Chandler55

lou lomrelio wanted scott niedermayer so bad he gave him the max for 5 years and he still signed with anaheim. lou will give the max if it comes to it

Old
02-21-2011, 02:05 PM
Makaveli

Statsny would hard to get. Just for fun:
Statsny for 2 firsts bozak ross/caputi

Old
NoTouchIcing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hold Steady View Post
A few ideas off the top of my head...

The Avs seem to be re-arranging their defense, and have a lot of puck moving d types. That's one possibility I can think of.

I have heard that Kings d prospect Viatcheslav Voinov is asking for NHL playing time, and threatening to go back to Russia if he doesn't get a chance. He has 40 points in 55 AHL games and a lot of people feel he's NHL ready.

Nashville has a stockpile of NHL ready offensive d-men. Guys like Franson, Josi or Blum might be available.

The Sharks have some depth at d after trading for White. Maybe Jason Demers or Justin Braun would be available.
I would be hard-pressed being a GM to give up anything of value for a guy like that.

Old
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Start with Schenn and Kadri, then keep adding. Don't have to trade him, don't want to trade him, so the price is astronomical.

Old
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

I would not mind having Stephen Weiss. Cant have too many 60pt centers

Old
02-21-2011, 02:06 PM
TruthDeliveryVehicle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beleafer4 View Post
Mac + 1st + 3rd for goligoski

Or

Mac + 2 1st for B. Schenn

Statsny is impossible. This guy is
So underrated it hurts.
He's getting 6.6 mil. That's a lot to pay a guy who is gonna be their second line centre.

Old
02-21-2011, 02:07 PM
NoTouchIcing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
He is horrible defensively. I like his offense and all but no thanks, especially with that contract. The dude is a -23
He was +32 two years ago. Tells you how much use +/- has.

Old
Pi

No chance in hell they trade him, only way is Offer Sheet which I clearly see a team like the LA Kings doing if they clear space.

I don't understand their GM at all, he really needs to shed salary to sign Parise or it won't happen. He has to fill the 23 roster spots, as of now 16 are filled.. so he has 8M to sign PARISE and...6 more.

Parise will take no less than 5.5-6m so that is six more players with 2M and NHL's minimum salary is 500,000. They're screwed if they don't trade someone out.

Old
TruthDeliveryVehicle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTouchIcing View Post
I would be hard-pressed being a GM to give up anything of value for a guy like that.
3rd round pick is not much for a guy who could be an emerging offensive d and still on an ELC.

Old
indigobuffalo
Portage and Main

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzie View Post
Stastny's name has been thrown around and it got me thinking. He definitely fits the profile of the player BB would like to add and seems like a player who could be moved considering his salary and Avs apparent retooling. Duchene's new contract won't be cheap and I believe the organization is bleeding money at the moment.

To Col: 1st Rd pick, McKegg, Bozak
To Tor: Stastny

I've always been of the opinion that Kadri should be kept and developed, not traded away. In fact, I said earlier that I believed Kadri wasn't going anywhere, however.......

What if something could be finessed in the off-season with Philly around a Kadri for JVR swap. Other pieces would obviously have to be in play. Philly will have cap issues next year, so some salary coming back to the Leafs in the deal.

JVR Stastny Kessel
Kuli Grabo Lupul
Mac Colborne (if ready) Army
Brown Brent Orr

Really like that line-up.
Could be a contender for years.
Colborne can jump into the 2 C spot if he progresses as expected.

Kadri with 1G 1A so far this aft for the Marlies. LOL
It would be tough to part with this kid. i think he will have a very good NHL career. I think JVR just adds some size on the wing that is desperately needed.

Bring it.....
That's interesting. I would want to take a closer look at McKegg's development charts and determine where his skillsets are at. He looks really, really good at the OHL level right now, so I am hesitant.

Bozak is a talented player, and needs more time to adjust to the NHL. I really want to keep this guy, especially because he is so good on the faceoffs and we don't have anyone to come in and replace that.

Statsny has relatively good stats at the faceoff dot, but 52.4% isn't great. We have a few guys hitting those numbers (Mitchell, Bozak, MacArthur and Zigomanis). Statsny is hovering at that number too, so I don't know he will get much better.

Bozak isn't having a great year on the faceoffs (54.2%, but he has a lot less experience and his numbers have been as high as the mid-60's this season). I'm not saying Bozak is worth more than Statsny but I do feel that Bozak is probably not the asset you want to move in that deal.

I just read through the COL forum for rough valuations on Statsny. Looks like it would be much more difficult than Bozak, McKegg and the PHI or BOS 1st rounder.

He is still considered part of their rebuild plan. His contract may come into play but they still wouldn't accept a deal that low. This is a guy 29 other teams would want.

Old
02-21-2011, 02:09 PM
NoTouchIcing

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitch154 View Post
Yeaaah, no chance. Id bet my house he stays in NJ. Even if he goes, hes not coming here
You may have to go there if you lose your house.

Old
02-21-2011, 02:10 PM
NoTouchIcing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
Start with Schenn and Kadri, then keep adding. Don't have to trade him, don't want to trade him, so the price is astronomical.
Yeah lol, probably just better to ignore this thread.

Old
02-21-2011, 02:12 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTouchIcing View Post
He was +32 two years ago. Tells you how much use +/- has.
Is there anyone that wasn't a + on that Boston squad that year? Even if you watch him play, he is horrible in his own zone, constantly out of position.

Old
02-21-2011, 02:12 PM
NoTouchIcing

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigobuffalo View Post
That's interesting. I would want to take a closer look at McKegg's development charts and determine where his skillsets are at. He looks really, really good at the OHL level right now, so I am hesitant.

Bozak is a talented player, and needs more time to adjust to the NHL. I really want to keep this guy, especially because he is so good on the faceoffs and we don't have anyone to come in and replace that.

Statsny has relatively good stats at the faceoff dot, but 52.4% isn't great. We have a few guys hitting those numbers (Mitchell, Bozak, MacArthur and Zigomanis). Statsny is hovering at that number too, so I don't know he will get much better.

Bozak isn't having a great year on the faceoffs (54.2%, but he has a lot less experience and his numbers have been as high as the mid-60's this season). I'm not saying Bozak is worth more than Statsny but I do feel that Bozak is probably not the asset you want to move in that deal.

I just read through the COL forum for rough valuations on Statsny. Looks like it would be much more difficult than Bozak, McKegg and the PHI or BOS 1st rounder.

He is still considered part of their rebuild plan. His contract may come into play but they still wouldn't accept a deal that low. This is a guy 29 other teams would want.
Both of those numbers are fantastic.

Old
02-21-2011, 02:14 PM
Grabowaffle84

Personally I think Burke is looking at Neal or Benn. This sounds more realistic and has a better chance of happening than Parise IMO.

Old
02-21-2011, 02:15 PM
TheLaughsWeKnow*

Audio from Burke:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1915092/

Old
02-21-2011, 02:17 PM
StarBurns RIP
No Agenda

Would you offer a similar deal to the one that was used to acquire Kessel? 2012 1st, 2nd and 2013 1st? Better player than Kessel before this season although he may not be the same after his knee injury.

Old
02-21-2011, 02:21 PM
Superstar

It's going to cost Schenn and Kadri for starters. Plus, there's no reason for NJ to trade him; if they need to make room to sign him, they will. So no, Parise is not coming here.

Closed Thread