HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Friedmanns thirty thoughts

Old
05-04-2011, 04:37 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

vCash: 500
Friedmanns thirty thoughts

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/ellio...-thoughts.html

Basically says regarding Gomez that the Habs will likely wait a year for the CBA before making a decision.

Quote:
The last Canadien on the ice during most skates/practices: PK Subban. Garry Galley made a great point: there is no way he can score the goal that sent Game 7 into overtime without taking all of those extra passes from Kirk Muller. Subban is going to be a superstar.
Quote:
Had an interesting conversation with an NHL front-office type about Max Pacioretty. He said other teams were disappointed the Canadiens showed so much patience. They were hoping Montreal would get upset with some of his earlier comments and want to trade him. There was a lot of interest.
Like these two personally

subbanged is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 04:40 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbanged View Post
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/ellio...-thoughts.html

Basically says regarding Gomez that the Habs will likely wait a year for the CBA before making a decision.

Like these two personally
I don't get the Pacioretty thing, which comments are they referring to and when were the thinking of moving him?

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 04:42 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
I found one comment from David Desharnais to be pretty interesting. I asked the rookie who was helpful to him upon being called up, and he said Gomez.

"My first practice, he was throwing me bad passes on purpose. He said if I wanted to stay in the NHL, I had to be able to control them and do something," he said. "I really appreciated it."
I'm sure they were on purpose

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
I don't get the Pacioretty thing, which comments are they referring to and when were the thinking of moving him?
The beginning of the season when he said he'd rather be in the AHL than playing in a bottom 6 role in the NHL.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 04:46 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
The beginning of the season when he said he'd rather be in the AHL than playing in a bottom 6 role in the NHL.
Ohh ya, right forgot about that. I think those comments were misconstrued anyways. Will be very interesting to see what happens with Gomez.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 05:12 PM
googlymoogly

"Gomez said all the right things upon going home for the summer, how embarrassed he was about this season and how he was determined to be better. While he was clearly frustrated and unhappy, I found one comment from David Desharnais to be pretty interesting. I asked the rookie who was helpful to him upon being called up, and he said Gomez."
"My first practice, he was throwing me bad passes on purpose. He said if I wanted to stay in the NHL, I had to be able to control them and do something," he said. "I really appreciated it."

Those passes were on purpose all right since that is all Gomez can do is bad passes

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 05:14 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
"Gomez said all the right things upon going home for the summer, how embarrassed he was about this season and how he was determined to be better. While he was clearly frustrated and unhappy, I found one comment from David Desharnais to be pretty interesting. I asked the rookie who was helpful to him upon being called up, and he said Gomez."

Those passes were on purpose all right since that is all Gomez can do is bad passes
While Subban was at the other end practicing Spin-O-Rama's

Richiebottles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 05:24 PM
JHabs61

I honestly feel bad for Gomez, as a person.I mean, yeah he has a bad contract, but everyone hates that he doesn't perform. Well, how do you perform gripping your stick that hard because you know you have a bad contract and your expected to reach 70pts... Now he has to spend his summer hoping he doesn't get boughtout/traded/waived.
He honestly feels bad and apologized to fans and the organization.. I feel bad for him..I wish we had that extra cap space, but if you hate one player why don't you just hate the team.......

JHabs61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 05:44 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price2Pleks View Post
I honestly feel bad for Gomez, as a person.I mean, yeah he has a bad contract, but everyone hates that he doesn't perform. Well, how do you perform gripping your stick that hard because you know you have a bad contract and your expected to reach 70pts... Now he has to spend his summer hoping he doesn't get boughtout/traded/waived.
He honestly feels bad and apologized to fans and the organization.. I feel bad for him..I wish we had that extra cap space, but if you hate one player why don't you just hate the team.......
The real wonder is people like you who feel bad for Gomez.

The guy makes 7M/per and he's got you buying into his contrite shtick. What a joke.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 05:48 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

So Gomez has been teaching our rookies all year in game situations? Guess I have to cut him some slack.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 05:51 PM
JHabs61

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post

The guy makes 7M/per and he's got you buying into his contrite shtick. What a joke.
Sorry , I'm soft hearted and just posted my feelings at the time.

Old
05-04-2011, 05:53 PM
pine

vCash: 50
Thought this was Friedman's dirty thoughts...

I am disappoint.

pine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
I'm sure they were on purpose
Reminded me of the professor making a mistake on the board and claiming "I was just checking to see if you were paying attention."

Ollie Williams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 06:00 PM
onice

Quote:

Man, I don't think there has been on this site a bigger & longer Gomez detractor then myself and even I wouldn't put it that way.

I don't think it's a shtick. He strikes me as a very honest person. I believe he meant what he said. And I think he really cared and tried to the best of his abilities.

The problem with Gomez is that his abilities were never as elite as that contract implies. And now that those abilities have been diminished, that contract looks ridiculous.

But I don't blame Gomez. I blame the people who made that dumb ass trade. (Hello Bobsled Gainey & Pierre Ghostly Gauthier. I'm looking at you two.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFpineapple View Post
Thought this was Friedman's dirty thoughts...

I am disappoint.
Have you taken a look at him. Friedman's dirty thoughts are most people's good thoughts.

onice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 06:08 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price2Pleks View Post
I guess I am a bit jaded because I felt it was a pretty empty apology. If he was sincere, he would have apologized and worked harder... this way, he makes a quick apology, everyone forgives him and he slips out of the spotlight for the summer.

He is probably really likeable guy... but that doesn't make him the answer to the problems that the Canadiens face.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 06:26 PM
Alaix
I believe.

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
But I don't blame Gomez. I blame the people who made that dumb ass trade. (Hello Bobsled Gainey & Pierre Ghostly Gauthier. I'm looking at you two.)
No Gomez = No Gionta/Cammalleri

Alaix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 06:35 PM
ClasslessGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaix View Post
myth

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 06:44 PM
Bob Cole

i think gomez will have a huge bounce back season next year

hes a guy with a lot of pride and im sure he was disgusted by his season this year

Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 09:05 PM
JHabs61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carmoni View Post
i think gomez will have a huge bounce back season next yearhes a guy with a lot of pride and im sure he was disgusted by his season this year
I.Hope.So.

Old
05-04-2011, 09:30 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubaka View Post
myth
Not even a myth. Just bull ****.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 09:49 PM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Not even a myth. Just bull ****.
Big-time!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Man, I don't think there has been on this site a bigger & longer Gomez detractor then myself and even I wouldn't put it that way.

I don't think it's a shtick. He strikes me as a very honest person. I believe he meant what he said. And I think he really cared and tried to the best of his abilities.

The problem with Gomez is that his abilities were never as elite as that contract implies. And now that those abilities have been diminished, that contract looks ridiculous.

I agree 100%. Sather couldn't believe he dumped him off.And got a blue-chip dman. I think Gomez tries as hard as anyone,but is washed up. A bounce back season for him would be around 12 goals/50 pts.

jlgib21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 11:14 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaix View Post
Just stop posting this, forever.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 02:19 AM
Sthabs

Friedmann s right though,
Forget about burying Gomez they ll at least give him another year before doing that and at the same time wait for the changes in the next CBA.

Sthabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 06:50 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Contrary to what you might think, money isn't the be all and end all. Gomez didn't hold out 6-7 months to get a huge contract, he was a UFA and had 4-5 teams going hard after him. Yeah, he's been disapointing but blame Sather and Gainey if you hate his contract.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 06:52 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Just stop posting this, forever.
It may not be a fact...but if you use a bit a common sense, having Plekanec coming off a 39 point season and Lapierre as our top 2 centers wasn't the recipe to sign skilled offensive UFA's. I'm sure it wasn't the only reason but it was a definite fcator.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 09:39 AM
Skarjak

Quote:

That's something that always bothers me. You know, rich people also have emotions. Some people who are very well off sometimes decide it's best to end their life. They can be depressed too just like all of us.

Just because someone makes a lot of money is not an excuse to tear them down with absolutely no respect. The guy is still a person, and there is no doubt he would rather perform.

By your logic, he would have just laughed at the reporters and waved a bunch of 100$ bills in their faces. That's not what he did though, because he's not a cartoon character.

Skarjak is offline   Reply With Quote