HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Niklas Hagman (clears)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-21-2011, 12:57 PM
  #126
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount
 
mcphllp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iggyman12 View Post
a) JBO is our #1. He plays the most time and he is on the first pairing.

b) His cap hit is 6.68

Get it right
Sutter should have moved him instead of Dion. I guess Burke wouldn`t have made the trade if it was JBO though.

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 12:57 PM
  #127
Flames Fanatic
Unclenched
 
Flames Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cochrane
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,604
vCash: 1127
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
Fixed
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Your so funny. You must be the only hockey fan in the NHL that thinks that Dion Phaneuf provides "Fantastic" defensive play.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 12:58 PM
  #128
Flames 1st pick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
Sutter should have moved him instead of Dion. I guess Burke wouldn`t have made the trade if it was JBO though.
JayB >> Phaneuf

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 12:59 PM
  #129
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount
 
mcphllp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Your so funny. You must be the only hockey fan in the NHL that thinks that Dion Phaneuf provides "Fantastic" defensive play.
Watch a leaf game. He`s a stud on the blueline. Much better than JBO.

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:00 PM
  #130
Beats By CoRD
Unsustainable
 
Beats By CoRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: @HawnzDynasty
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,986
vCash: 50
Very surprised Feaster couldn't get at least a 4th for him. So far his only moves are waiving Conroy, Kotalik and Hagman.

__________________

HawnzDynastyProductions.com
Beats By CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:01 PM
  #131
Flames Fanatic
Unclenched
 
Flames Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cochrane
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,604
vCash: 1127
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
Watch a leaf game. He`s a stud on the blueline. Much better than JBO.
I go to school in Ottawa. I get to catch plenty of Leafs games thanks. Phaneuf is playing exactly how he was in Calgary before he got traded.

I could go on and on flinging insults. However, its pretty clear that nothing I say to you is going to get through your skull.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:02 PM
  #132
Raym11
Phaneuf sucks
 
Raym11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caged Great View Post
The Flames are a better team simply because we don't have to pay Dion 6.5 million for the next three years, when we're getting almost equivalent defense and superior offense from a guy making 1.4 million (Babchuk)

the other 5 million can be spent on actual talent.

but instead you guys decided to throw 80% of it at Stajan

Raym11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:02 PM
  #133
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount
 
mcphllp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
Very surprised Feaster couldn't get at least a 4th for him. So far his only moves are waiving Conroy, Kotalik and Hagman.
Ya. I`m surprised that there was absolutely no interest in Hagman. He`s a decent player and can score goals. I just think he`s not the right type of player to play for Sutter.

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:03 PM
  #134
Beats By CoRD
Unsustainable
 
Beats By CoRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: @HawnzDynasty
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,986
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raym11 View Post
but instead you guys decided to throw 80% of it at Stajan
This was Sutter's downfall and basically the reason he got canned. The Phaneuf trade followed by the long term signing of Stajan WITH a NTC.

Beats By CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:03 PM
  #135
Flames 1st pick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
Ya. I`m surprised that there was absolutely no interest in Hagman. He`s a decent player and can score goals. I just think he`s not the right type of player to play for Sutter.
He is a 1-2M player getting paid 3M

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:04 PM
  #136
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount
 
mcphllp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
I go to school in Ottawa. I get to catch plenty of Leafs games thanks. Phaneuf is playing exactly how he was in Calgary before he got traded.

I could go on and on flinging insults. However, its pretty clear that nothing I say to you is going to get through your skull.
And I can go on and on about how JBO is soft and overrated and that Dion is a better dman, but its obvious that you wont get it either.

Lets just leave it at that. No need to further highjack the thread.

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:04 PM
  #137
Flames 1st pick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
This was Sutter's downfall and basically the reason he got canned. The Phaneuf trade followed by the long term signing of Stajan WITH a NTC.
Sutter was in the cover your butt mode at that point....he had to sign Stajan to save face.

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:07 PM
  #138
GeeoffBrown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
And I can go on and on about how JBO is soft and overrated and that Dion is a better dman, but its obvious that you wont get it either.

Lets just leave it at that. No need to further highjack the thread.
Bouwmeester is even outscoring Phaneuf...and Phaneuf is supposed to be an offensive defenseman. -_-

At least Bouwmeester is solid defensively...which is more important than throwing a big hit or getting in a fight once in a while.

GeeoffBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:09 PM
  #139
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount
 
mcphllp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeoffBrown View Post
Bouwmeester is even outscoring Phaneuf...and Phaneuf is supposed to be an offensive defenseman. -_-

At least Bouwmeester is solid defensively...which is more important than throwing a big hit or getting in a fight once in a while.
2 more points in 17 more games.

And why isnt`Jay bo supposed to be an offensive dman?

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:09 PM
  #140
Beats By CoRD
Unsustainable
 
Beats By CoRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: @HawnzDynasty
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,986
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
And I can go on and on about how JBO is soft and overrated and that Dion is a better dman, but its obvious that you wont get it either.

Lets just leave it at that. No need to further highjack the thread.
Do you watch Flames hockey? I'm going to take a wild stab and say no. Jay-Bo may be fairly soft compared to guys like Regehr, Giordano and Sarich, but he has stepped it up quite a bit this year. His stick work is second to none, his speed is elite and his positioning is dead on. Overrated?! On these boards?! Please. Not one person here thinks JayBo is worth his contract or is the goal scorer he was in FLA. But as far as defensive hockey goes, the guy is the cream of the crop, bottom line.

Beats By CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:09 PM
  #141
Flames rebuilder
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 500
Leaf's won the trade at the time. Dion could have brought in a higher return but it filled the needs at the time, simple quantity over quality. That being said I think the Leaf's would have a hard time even getting that kind of return for him now and there isn't a gm that would rather have Dion over Jay-Bo right now.

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:10 PM
  #142
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount
 
mcphllp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
Do you watch Flames hockey? I'm going to take a wild stab and say no. Jay-Bo may be fairly soft compared to guys like Regehr, Giordano and Sarich, but he has stepped it up quite a bit this year. His stick work is second to none, his speed is elite and his positioning is dead on. Overrated?! On these boards?! Please. Not one person here thinks JayBo is worth his contract or is the goal scorer he was in FLA. But as far as defensive hockey goes, the guy is the cream of the crop, bottom line.
Guess where I live? I see plenty of Flames games.

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:11 PM
  #143
RogerRoeper*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan View Post
Ever time Ive seen Aulie play he has shown nothing spectaular. 17 games played, 0 points and -5 supports that notion.

His value was overstated due to his time he played with Meyers in the WJ.
Why are you posting stats as "proof" for a shutdown defenseman?

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:12 PM
  #144
Beats By CoRD
Unsustainable
 
Beats By CoRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: @HawnzDynasty
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,986
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
Guess where I live? I see plenty of Flames games.
So you can agree with everything I just said then.

Beats By CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:15 PM
  #145
blankall
Registered User
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Hockey Fan View Post
Any Flames fan who is happy with the deal is lying to himself.

Phaneuf came of a Norris nominee, so he had some value. Sutter ****ed up big time. I wouldnt be surprised if they found out he has mental illness in the last few years.
Sutter definitely #$@# up big time. He should have packaged Dion for a young offensive player with large offensive upside like Stewart.

However, that doesn't mean that Toronto didn't also lose this deal horribly as well. Dion's play has not come anywhere close to his Norris nominee days. If anything it looks like his point totals are going to be even worse than last year.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:16 PM
  #146
RogerRoeper*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,852
vCash: 500
Jay-Bo is one of the many players that got horribly overrated in Florida because no one saw him play. We heard for years what a franchise defenseman he is. He clearly isn't close to that and has been exposed in a bigger hockey market.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:16 PM
  #147
GE0
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by benedryl View Post
[1]Both teams lost the Phaneuf trade, [2]Sutter probably could have gotten a better return.

But let's not kid ourselves, [3]Phaneuf isn't a very good defenseman, and Toronto will be paying him a lot of money for the next few years.
No, Yes, and No, in that order.

So as to not be clueless, that is.

GE0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:16 PM
  #148
CaptainCrunch67
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
And I can go on and on about how JBO is soft and overrated and that Dion is a better dman, but its obvious that you wont get it either.

Lets just leave it at that. No need to further highjack the thread.
Except that Dion under his contract has been a disaster over the last two years.

There's no one in Calgary that would take Dion over Bouw.

CaptainCrunch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:17 PM
  #149
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers
 
Nasty Nazem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeoffBrown View Post
Bouwmeester is even outscoring Phaneuf...and Phaneuf is supposed to be an offensive defenseman. -_-

At least Bouwmeester is solid defensively...which is more important than throwing a big hit or getting in a fight once in a while.
Lol... 2 more points in 18 more games. And Phaneuf has been solid defensively as well + brings more physicality and leadership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan View Post
Ever time Ive seen Aulie play he has shown nothing spectaular. 17 games played, 0 points and -5 supports that notion.

His value was overstated due to his time he played with Meyers in the WJ.
Uhh yeah because he doesn't play "spectacular"... he plays solid positionally and is good at using his body. You usually don't notice him out there unless he is hitting something which is good.

I think we all know he doesn't have much offense to his game, he is also a rookie and in now playing with Phaneuf and going against top lines and is doing very well.

Nasty Nazem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 01:17 PM
  #150
RogerRoeper*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,852
vCash: 500
Schenn+Aulie will be the top shutdown team for years to come. They're the "Twin Towers" of the NHL.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.