HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

big names that have not been qualified

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-30-2004, 12:46 PM
  #1
in the hall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,009
vCash: 500
big names that have not been qualified

I was disapointed Pronger was given a qualifying offer but oh well. Which big names have yet to be given qualifying offers?


Pavol Demitra
Jeff Friesen
Olli Jokinen
Chris Osgood

in the hall is offline  
Old
06-30-2004, 12:58 PM
  #2
xander
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Section A Lynah Rink
Posts: 4,085
vCash: 500
you know, i've been against us picking up any big free agents, but if we could get Olli Jokinen at a reasonable price I would be very happy.

xander is offline  
Old
06-30-2004, 01:22 PM
  #3
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander
you know, i've been against us picking up any big free agents, but if we could get Olli Jokinen at a reasonable price I would be very happy.
id take Jokinen and Frisen if possible.


Other UFA id take a look at:

Petr Schaslivy
Jason Wiemer
Jan Lasek
Brian Rolston
Richard Matvichuk
Todd Simpson

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline  
Old
06-30-2004, 01:32 PM
  #4
NYR469
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 5,785
vCash: 500
did you see that jokinen definitely won't be qualified??

if he is a UFA i'd be all over him...25 year old, #1 center with size that just had a breakout year...sign me up...

and sets us up for a finnish connection down the road with jokinen and korpikoski...

on friesen, i think the devils are gonna qualify him

NYR469 is offline  
Old
06-30-2004, 01:38 PM
  #5
JJ68NYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 139
vCash: 500
I like Pavol demitra. he can play center and now with Lindros gone we need a 31 center for next season.

JJ68NYR is offline  
Old
06-30-2004, 01:40 PM
  #6
JJ68NYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 139
vCash: 500
In fact I'd sign all four on that list.

Friesen-demitra-Jagr
Lundmark-Jokinen-Balej
Murray-Holik-Ortmeyer
Wiseman-Moore-Green?

Tyutin-Matvichuk/Malakhov
Rachunek-Kondratiev
Kaspar-Poti

Osgood
Blackburn
LaBarbera

JJ68NYR is offline  
Old
06-30-2004, 01:47 PM
  #7
allrevvedup25
Registered User
 
allrevvedup25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 319
vCash: 500
I just can't see Florida not qualifying Jokinen. They would not let him go for nothing. If they qualify him, they can at least trade him for something. Come on, 25 year old, #1 centre with tonnes of good years behind him. Sorry, just find it hard to believe!!

allrevvedup25 is offline  
Old
06-30-2004, 01:48 PM
  #8
adichiara03
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 102
vCash: 500
You left out Pock.

adichiara03 is offline  
Old
06-30-2004, 01:48 PM
  #9
charliemurphy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Concrete Jungle, NYC
Posts: 771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ68NYR
In fact I'd sign all four on that list.

Friesen-demitra-Jagr
Lundmark-Jokinen-Balej
Murray-Holik-Ortmeyer
Wiseman-Moore-Green?

Tyutin-Matvichuk/Malakhov
Rachunek-Kondratiev
Kaspar-Poti

Osgood
Blackburn
LaBarbera


charliemurphy is offline  
Old
06-30-2004, 02:07 PM
  #10
xander
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Section A Lynah Rink
Posts: 4,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ68NYR
In fact I'd sign all four on that list.

Friesen-demitra-Jagr
Lundmark-Jokinen-Balej
Murray-Holik-Ortmeyer
Wiseman-Moore-Green?

Tyutin-Matvichuk/Malakhov
Rachunek-Kondratiev
Kaspar-Poti

Osgood
Blackburn
LaBarbera
woah woah woah! I'd love to sign Jokinen, but we're still rebuilding here. This is the kind of attitude that got us into this mess. Sign one guy to center the top line and let the kids fill out the rest.

xander is offline  
Old
06-30-2004, 02:11 PM
  #11
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 32,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
I was disapointed Pronger was given a qualifying offer but oh well. Which big names have yet to be given qualifying offers?


Pavol Demitra
Jeff Friesen
Olli Jokinen
Chris Osgood
There is no qualifying offer involved with Chris Osgood

The Blues have a club option which Larry Pleau has already indicated the Blues will not pick up

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
06-30-2004, 02:17 PM
  #12
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 9,751
vCash: 500
why would jokinen want to come here? why would any big name free agent want to come here? its not like the rangers are going to be opening up the bank vault for any of these guys. the rangers are doing the right thing right now. signing a big name free agent sends the wrong message to the kids that should be given a shot next year. haven't we as fans learned not to get excited about every big name out there.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
06-30-2004, 02:21 PM
  #13
nyray
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Basking Ridge NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 121
vCash: 500
I believe he was asking if Olli was qualified, not stating that he hasnt been

nyray is offline  
Old
06-30-2004, 02:23 PM
  #14
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,473
vCash: 500
xander...

there's a difference between signing a 35 year old with his best years behind him and a 25 year old who's just beginning to hit his stride. Jokinen would be a part of the rebuild, and an integral part at that. I do, however, find it hard to believe that the guy that seemingly got Olli going is letting him go (Keenan). I haven't seen anything on this yet and it would strike me as odd if they didn't give him $2.2 million needed to qualify him. It's not a heck of a lot money for a 25 year old coming off 36 and 26 goal seasons. And Florida ain't overloaded with talent at center, and are not overburdened with salaries. This is a bit baffling to me.

Fletch is offline  
Old
06-30-2004, 02:33 PM
  #15
allrevvedup25
Registered User
 
allrevvedup25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 319
vCash: 500
Michael Henrich

not a big named player but...

This former 1st rounder has never taken that next step. Do you think if out in the right system and the right coach, he could turn into a real player. I know Sather drafted him and we are rebuilding.

Be nice!!!

allrevvedup25 is offline  
Old
06-30-2004, 02:34 PM
  #16
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ68NYR
In fact I'd sign all four on that list.

Friesen-demitra-Jagr
Lundmark-Jokinen-Balej
Murray-Holik-Ortmeyer
Wiseman-Moore-Green?

Tyutin-Matvichuk/Malakhov
Rachunek-Kondratiev
Kaspar-Poti

Osgood
Blackburn
LaBarbera
Screw Osgood and Malakhov. Id sign Mathew Schneider if he wont resign with the Wings. Scheider is a better dman than Poti, Schneider can help out our PP. Poti can be dealt for a centre like Arnason which wed prolly have to offer more or a LW like Daze who is rumored to be dealt. Id do something like Daze for Poti.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline  
Old
06-30-2004, 02:46 PM
  #17
Sather Hater
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Screw Osgood and Malakhov. Id sign Mathew Schneider if he wont resign with the Wings. Scheider is a better dman than Poti, Schneider can help out our PP. Poti can be dealt for a centre like Arnason which wed prolly have to offer more or a LW like Daze who is rumored to be dealt. Id do something like Daze for Poti.
With Bryan Berard as an offernsive minded defenseman, I doubt Chicago would have much interest in Poti.

Sather Hater is offline  
Old
06-30-2004, 02:49 PM
  #18
Slewfoot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: South Amboy NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
there's a difference between signing a 35 year old with his best years behind him and a 25 year old who's just beginning to hit his stride. Jokinen would be a part of the rebuild, and an integral part at that. I do, however, find it hard to believe that the guy that seemingly got Olli going is letting him go (Keenan). I haven't seen anything on this yet and it would strike me as odd if they didn't give him $2.2 million needed to qualify him. It's not a heck of a lot money for a 25 year old coming off 36 and 26 goal seasons. And Florida ain't overloaded with talent at center, and are not overburdened with salaries. This is a bit baffling to me.
Totally agree regarding Jokinen. If for some reason Florida doesn't qualify him , I would jump at the chance to sigh him. Unless Keenan is planning on making a splash with some other free agent center , it doesn't make much sense for them to let Jokinen go....[FONT=Comic Sans MS]

Slewfoot is offline  
Old
06-30-2004, 02:52 PM
  #19
Blueshirt13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Other side of the Ri
Posts: 798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Totally agree regarding Jokinen. If for some reason Florida doesn't qualify him , I would jump at the chance to sigh him. Unless Keenan is planning on making a splash with some other free agent center , it doesn't make much sense for them to let Jokinen go....[FONT=Comic Sans MS]
When has Keenan ever made sense? The guy could have wore a tie crooked for a dinner and Keenan would want him out. Keenan does strange things at times

Blueshirt13 is offline  
Old
06-30-2004, 02:54 PM
  #20
Colorado Avalanche
Registered User
 
Colorado Avalanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Lieto
Country: Finland
Posts: 17,570
vCash: 500
Hey i heard that new york rangers is not now signing any big names in free agent market is this true??

Colorado Avalanche is offline  
Old
06-30-2004, 02:55 PM
  #21
Slewfoot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: South Amboy NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt13
When has Keenan ever made sense? The guy could have wore a tie crooked for a dinner and Keenan would want him out. Keenan does strange things at times
Good point . That would be fine with me.

Slewfoot is offline  
Old
06-30-2004, 03:04 PM
  #22
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,473
vCash: 500
When has Keenan made sense?

maybe not often, but this seems like a no-brainer and I'm still baffled. As coach he leaned on the 23-24 year old Jokinen. He flourished to the tune of 36 goals. He reponds with a bit weaker campaign at 24-25, but 26 goals ain't bad either. He was used in all situations and was playing a physical brand of hockey. This is a guy you would've thought Keenan would've liked. It's just hard to believe that for $2+ million he wouldn't be at least qualified because he has value. Someone would trade for him. It's odd, to say the least....

Fletch is offline  
Old
06-30-2004, 03:08 PM
  #23
DarthSather99
Registered User
 
DarthSather99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Color@do @v@l@nche
Hey i heard that new york rangers is not now signing any big names in free agent market is this true??

They will probably still sign players in free agency but not the BIG names. The Rangers are REALLY in a complete Rebuild. They will not sign a free agent if it will impede a younger player from making the roster and taking away his playing time.

DarthSather99 is offline  
Old
06-30-2004, 03:52 PM
  #24
xander
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Section A Lynah Rink
Posts: 4,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
there's a difference between signing a 35 year old with his best years behind him and a 25 year old who's just beginning to hit his stride. Jokinen would be a part of the rebuild, and an integral part at that. I do, however, find it hard to believe that the guy that seemingly got Olli going is letting him go (Keenan). I haven't seen anything on this yet and it would strike me as odd if they didn't give him $2.2 million needed to qualify him. It's not a heck of a lot money for a 25 year old coming off 36 and 26 goal seasons. And Florida ain't overloaded with talent at center, and are not overburdened with salaries. This is a bit baffling to me.
yeah, when i saw the thread I assumed that he was reporting that they hadn't been qualified, not asking if they had been. I don't expect that Jokinen won't be qualified either, that is why i got so excited when I thought in the hall was reporting that he hadn't been. My mistake.

xander is offline  
Old
06-30-2004, 04:00 PM
  #25
in the hall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,009
vCash: 500
I don't know if Jokinen will not be qualified as the deadline still hasn't passed however I read that he and the other people on this list have not been qualified as of yet. I only looked at a few teams and players that I've heard/read might not be qualified.

in the hall is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.