HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrei Kostitsyn thread (formerly 'Pierre Mcguire on team 990')

Old
02-27-2011, 05:47 PM
LesCanadiens

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loner View Post
Daniel Sedin
First 315 GP - 151 pts

Henrik Sedin
First 318 GP - 146 pts

Andrei Kostitsyn
First 307 GP - 174 pts

Ryan Kesler
First 320 GP - 140 pts

Patrick Sharp
First 337 GP - 179 pts

Tomas Plekanec
First 311 GP - 184 pts

Dustin Penner
First 343 - 199 pts

Development is not the same for everyone, I can find a lot of elite players and even superstars that needed 4-5 seasons before becoming what they are. Players having a big impact at a young age are not the norm but the exception and Kostitsyn is only 26. Penner is not the solution, he produce as much as Kostitsyn and hit a lot less, the only thing he have on Kostitsyn is 4 inch, Can he hit 30 goals again? He only did it one time.
Again, stats being used to fit a fictional character that many of you are insistent on believing in. All of the players on your list, except for AK, displayed a sense of work ethic, interest and involvement in their game, throughout their careers. That does not register concretely on stats....but it's proved out by how many times the player has been benched, demoted etc. etc. With AK, this has been often, and with several coaches. But, all I personally need, is my own 2 eyes to see the truth: IE, a guy who more often than not looks: Lost, disinterested, lazy, tired, stoned (no really, stoned ), unmotivated, uninvolved, clumsy, uncoordinated....

But if you guys want to put a silk purse on a sow's ear, knock yourselves out.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 05:50 PM
Moester

Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loner View Post
Not sure on Pouliot Yes those guys have generally a better work ethic but the result were almost the same. Kostitsyn will probably never reach the level of the Sedins but for now his production is normal for a second liner. I would find very stupid if we trade him while he's entering the prime of his career, too many times in Montreal we've trade guys that we developed just to have another team get the best years of them.
As have many other teams. Lets be honest we have long memories for what happens to former Habs players but short memories for trades around the league.

Moester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 05:53 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
AK was already much better at Pouliot's age than Pouliot is.
So what happened?

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 06:14 PM
Moester

Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
So what happened?
This year he started off the year on a great line and produced really well. got put on with Gomer to get his game going which was a mistake as neither player every developed any type of chemistry with one another and adding a grinder to the line just made things worse.

Finally after a good 50 game stretch with the wrong partners got put with guys he actually had chemistry with and started producing like he did in the beginning of the year.

Pretty much what happened IMO.

Moester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 08:37 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

http://www.ckac.com/hockey/nouvelles...ger-62019.html

Meehan interview about AK and the trade deadline

basically saying that AK want to play in MTL

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 08:40 PM
vokiel
Nothing blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
http://www.ckac.com/hockey/nouvelles...ger-62019.html

Meehan interview about AK and the trade deadline

basically saying that AK want to play in MTL
This interview is meaningless PR. I would ask him if his client would accept a pay cut for the next season, the answer would be interesting if it not complete bs that is.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 09:11 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
This interview is meaningless PR. I would ask him if his client would accept a pay cut for the next season, the answer would be interesting if it not complete bs that is.
Unless he has a monster finish, he'll get a pay cut next year regardless of where he goes.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 09:25 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCanadiens View Post
But, all I personally need, is my own 2 eyes to see the truth: IE, a guy who more often than not looks: Lost, disinterested, lazy, tired, stoned (no really, stoned ), unmotivated, uninvolved, clumsy, uncoordinated....
Have you been watching anything or are you simply Lost, disinterested, lazy, tired, stoned (no really, stoned ), unmotivated, uninvolved, clumsy, uncoordinated....

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 09:49 PM
Basszor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
Have you been watching anything or are you simply Lost, disinterested, lazy, tired, stoned (no really, stoned ), unmotivated, uninvolved, clumsy, uncoordinated....
Easy there! Can't you see that his eyes can see the undeniable truth?

Akost is streaky but like many people pointed out, having black hole Gomez for a while made pretty much every wingers look really bad this year so it's no surprise he's firing it up playing with someone else.

Basszor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 09:59 PM
vokiel
Nothing blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Unless he has a monster finish, he'll get a pay cut next year regardless of where he goes.
Even from the KHL?

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 10:52 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

I see that there's always excuses to justify Kostitsyn's lack of production and/or effort. Had Latendresse received half that support, perhaps he would have succeeded in Montreal.

Old
02-27-2011, 11:29 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
I see that there's always excuses to justify Kostitsyn's lack of production and/or effort. Had Latendresse received half that support, perhaps he would have succeeded in Montreal.
Perhaps he wouldn't, mon ami. They're not raving about him any more in Mnnesota. At the time he was traded, Lateness had two goals ans three assists in 23 games. Are you saying that Kostitsyn would ever sink that low? If so, I suggest you try some memory pills. Open your sleepy brown eyes and and look up his record. Even now he's one of the leading scorers on the Habs.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 11:36 PM
holyhabs

Quote:
He got more than enough support from certain members of the media making him feel entitled rather than trying to prove himself. Same with Lapierre.

And let's face it Martin was never a fan and when a coach clearly does not like you its hard to want to go to war for him.

holyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 11:40 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Oh poor Tender..

At least, AK when he is demoted to the 4th line, he understands the message and works harder.. and that actually have worked out well for AK.

Even if AK is more of a skilled player, when Martin ask him to get his ass in front of the goalie, he does it. While Latendresse rather say that's not how he want to play. (and btw, when he had success in Minnesota, he said that all he had to do was to park himself in front of the goalie and let his speedy linemates do the rest).

Latendresse before leaving Montreal said that the coach never speaks to him, that he doesn't know what to expect from the coach... but Andrei, when things wasn't working for him, took the initiative to go talk to the coach and ask we should he do... and again, things went better.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 11:46 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Funny because from what I recall, Kostitsyn has been bashed pretty much ever since he was drafted in the top 10 by the majority of fans (outside of 2007/2008). Getzlaf, Parise, Richards, Perry, Brown they groan...heck go back a few more years and you'd hear some Berniers. This is just the fans. How about all that media support he's gotten over the years?

Not sure what you're expecting to be honest. You want every fan to bring anti Kostitsyn propaganda to games or something? As long as he's a Habs player, he'll always get support from somewhere in the fanbase.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 11:54 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Perhaps he wouldn't, mon ami. They're not raving about him any more in Mnnesota. At the time he was traded, Lateness had two goals ans three assists in 23 games. Are you saying that Kostitsyn would ever sink that low? If so, I suggest you try some memory pills. Open your sleepy brown eyes and and look up his record. Even now he's one of the leading scorers on the Habs.
I had a reply for you but changed it. Not worth getting an infraction for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Funny because from what I recall, Kostitsyn has been bashed pretty much ever since he was drafted in the top 10 by the majority of fans (outside of 2007/2008). Getzlaf, Parise, Richards, Perry, Brown they groan...heck go back a few more years and you'd hear some Berniers. This is just the fans. How about all that media support he's gotten over the years?

Not sure what you're expecting to be honest. You want every fan to bring anti Kostitsyn propaganda to games or something? As long as he's a Habs player, he'll always get support from somewhere in the fanbase.
In all honesty, do you feel that Latendresse got remotely close to the same chances as Kostitsyn received over the years? If that's the case, we better stop now and agree to disagree.

Old
03-03-2011, 11:36 PM
snakeye

Is Kostitsyn really 7pts in 5 games since he's playing with Eller?

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 11:45 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
gotta hand it to the guy...

he looked completely LOST on gomez's wing

and now with eller it seems like eller has rejuvinated him, as ellers style seems to fit AK's style alot better, the one thing you notice is eller and AK are CLOSE to each other alot, feeling each other out on the fly

where as with gomez, ..you could tell AK just did not know what gomez was going to do...EVER..

in all actuallity it rly makes gomez look pretty bad...

Redux91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 12:04 AM
snakeye

Honestly Gomez is starting to remind me of Lapierre. Skates fast, and yeah... what else?

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 12:08 AM
Hexenzesene

vCash: 373
I always felt like there was something between Eller and his bro Andreï.
Now it's time to shine.

Hexenzesene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 12:17 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
you are wrong buddy, that is not true at all.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 12:18 AM
MasterD

While I am realistic, and like everyone else I have noticed Andrei's spans where he just looks lost... I find that he has played with intensity this year, backchecking, hitting, skating hard even when things were not working for him.

Also, I, too, noticed that he has a very good start of year, a good little strech somewhere in the middle of the season, and is now playing great again. What happened in the 2 big stretches where he sucked? Well, he was playing with Gomez...

I am not putting ALL the blame on G-Love, but seriously, everyone that played with him this year has sucked. What was it at the beginning of the year, 1 goal in 16 games for Gionta? As soon as he changed lines, started scoring. Same thing with Kostytsin. Same thing with Pouliot, who got sucked in a black hole on Gomez's line.

I think with Kostytsin we just have to be realistic: he's a good, streaky 2nd liner who only performs with certain players (namely, not Gomez). Had he never been changed form Plekanec's line, the ATM, I believe he would have had between 50 and 60 points, which is more than average for a 2nd liner.

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 12:20 AM
Kingbobert

honestly gomez is so bad that it just dragged AK down.
not saying this was the only reason he was not producing

the problem with gomez is that he doesnt play systematically
he tries to improvise on the fly but he's not that good at it so what winds up happening is that his wingers completely lose track of him or he gets in the zone before them

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 12:22 AM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
gotta hand it to the guy...

he looked completely LOST on gomez's wing

and now with eller it seems like eller has rejuvinated him, as ellers style seems to fit AK's style alot better, the one thing you notice is eller and AK are CLOSE to each other alot, feeling each other out on the fly

where as with gomez, ..you could tell AK just did not know what gomez was going to do...EVER..

in all actuallity it rly makes gomez look pretty bad...
And remember the excuses from the pro-Gomez saying that he didn't produce because he was playing with useless wingers (AK, Eller, Moen).

Yeah it does make Gomez look pretty bad now that the 3 of them are one of our most productive line since the last 5 games. I don't care which line their play against. At least, they are CONTRIBUTING.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 12:31 AM
Guilliam

At this point, I would be tempted to make Gomez our 4th line center. His wingers are never producing so give him offensively impotent wingers :

Cammy-Plek-Gio
Pacioretty - Eller- AK
Pouliot-DD-Darche/White/Pyatt
Moen-Gomez-Halpern

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote