HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrei Kostitsyn thread (formerly 'Pierre Mcguire on team 990')

Old
03-04-2011, 12:38 AM
JackZap

vCash: 500
im hoping this AK stays for a while longer....

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 12:40 AM
m00ks

So Andrei's nickname is apparently "Kush" and Eller's is "Larry". Per Moen's interview on TSN.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 12:47 AM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
So Andrei's nickname is apparently "Kush" and Eller's is "Larry". Per Moen's interview on TSN.
It sounded like Kovechkin to me

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 12:54 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Media will have a field day with this

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 12:55 AM
Guilliam

Quote:
I remember seeing somewhere that Lars hated to be called Larry. I guess he'll have to get used to it.

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 01:07 AM
The Goalie Mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
And remember the excuses from the pro-Gomez saying that he didn't produce because he was playing with useless wingers (AK, Eller, Moen).

Yeah it does make Gomez look pretty bad now that the 3 of them are one of our most productive line since the last 5 games. I don't care which line their play against. At least, they are CONTRIBUTING.
Gomez is deffinately a problem for most of our wingers.

We deffinately have to keep Ak away from him. AK is talented but not the sharpest players...confidence and motivation is very volatile

I really think we should keep AK as long as he only plays with Eller or Pleks.

Eller & AK have fantastic chemistry together...the problem is......Martin will separate them as soon as they have 1 or 2 bad shifts or games which would be a mistake.

The Goalie Mask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 01:27 AM
LyricalLyricist

AK has 4 goals, 5 assists in last 6 GP. He has 2 goals, 3 assists in 3 GP since trade deadline.

Lars Eller has 3 goals, 4 assists in the last 8 GP. 2 goals, 2 assists in 3 GP since trade deadline.

Edit: #s fail.

Last edited by LyricalLyricist: 03-04-2011 at 03:11 PM.
LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 01:45 AM
Mr Rogers

It pisses me off that Pacioretty has Gomez as his center. He really was on a roll with Pleky and I want him to develop his offensive game as much as possible. That aint gonna happen with Gomer, he's an offensive black hole.

And no offense to Halpern but I'd like a legit first line.

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Pacioretty
AKost-Eller-Gionta
Pouliot-DD-White/Darche
Moen-Halpern-Gomez

My goal isn't to punish Gomez, its to assemble a lineup I think would give me the best chances of winning.

Mr Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 02:10 AM
JimmyDarmody

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiGGy View Post
It pisses me off that Pacioretty has Gomez as his center. He really was on a roll with Pleky and I want him to develop his offensive game as much as possible. That aint gonna happen with Gomer, he's an offensive black hole.

And no offense to Halpern but I'd like a legit first line.

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Pacioretty
AKost-Eller-Gionta
Pouliot-DD-White/Darche
Moen-Halpern-Gomez

My goal isn't to punish Gomez, its to assemble a lineup I think would give me the best chances of winning.
I'd be tempted to try Gomez as a 3rd line winger with that setup.

JimmyDarmody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 05:34 AM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Patches - Pleks - Cammy
AK - Eller - Moen
Pouliot - DD - Gionta
Gomez - Halpern - White

Pleks on the point PP1, DD takes his spot up front, Gionta replaces Moen on the second wave.

Playmaker09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 05:47 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

one great boullet-cannon goal and a post.

i knew it would be a mistake to trade him.

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 08:18 AM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
AK has 4 goals, 5 assists in last 6 GP. He has 2 goals, 3 assists in 3 GP since trade deadline.

Lars Eller has 3 goals, 4 assists in the last 8 GP. 2 goals, 2 assists in 3 GP since trade deadline.
AK has 3 goals and 4 assist in the last 6 games and 1 goal 2 assist in the 2 game since trade deadline.

Eller has 2 goals 3 assist in the last 7 games that is after he was scratched and 1 goal, 1 assist in 2 games since trade deadline.

I really don't know where did you found your numbers

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 08:37 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
you are wrong buddy, that is not true at all.
You're confusing your opinion with the truth.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 09:00 AM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
AK has 3 goals and 4 assist in the last 6 games and 1 goal 2 assist in the 2 game since trade deadline.
Lets just not have people expect him to be more than a PPG player. Its not realistic, he's on a hot streak.

I'm glad he's producing right now, I just don't like it when people think all of a sudden, he's going to put up super star numbers all the time. Its not in the cards.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 09:13 AM
Perrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Lets just not have people expect him to be more than a PPG player. Its not realistic, he's on a hot streak.

I'm glad he's producing right now, I just don't like it when people think all of a sudden, he's going to put up super star numbers all the time. Its not in the cards.
Most of the time he has been paired with Eller centering a line he has been good. They were put together earlier in the year for an OT session and AK scored the winner. Then they werent together again IIRC until paired with the black hole of offense gomez. They wont become superstars but its fairly apparent they do well together.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 09:19 AM
gillyguzzler

When he's happy and playing with confidence, AK46 is our BEST and most creative player. It seems almost every time he touches the puck, he's creating an offensive opportunity for himself or his teammates. Whether it's a smart bank pass, a cross ice pass to the point, a short pass creating a 2 on 1 or simply a pull in move where he can release that bullet.

JM's been hard on him and will not give him any slack at all and I'm sure he'll bench him as soon as Andrei messes up, but Andrei has actually turned into a very responsible defensive player. He's often the high man and first to backcheck. The idiots at RDS can highlight a shift or two where he's not going at 100% but they could do that with every player without having to look too hard. The sheep followers who base their hockey knowhow on Benoit Brunet and Gaston Therrien will still hate him but as long as PG an BG see the real AK, they'll sign him for next year and hopefully he keeps progressing.

For most of the year, Benoit Brunet has bashed him non stop. A couple of weeks ago, when AK was working hard but not producing, Brunet said he saw a small ray of hope. Now that AK is playing great and producing, Brunet says that he's not saying anything about AK, that he will remain silent about him.

Yet, David D scores a lame goal yesterday and Brunet almost blows his load... not even a mention of Pouliot's creative pass.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 09:24 AM
Perrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post

Yet, David D scores a lame goal yesterday and Brunet almost blows his load... not even a mention of Pouliot's creative pass.
Him getting the 3rd star was ridiculous. His goal was pretty much ended the game for florida but most would stop that without pads on.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 09:38 AM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
Most of the time he has been paired with Eller centering a line he has been good. They were put together earlier in the year for an OT session and AK scored the winner. Then they werent together again IIRC until paired with the black hole of offense gomez. They wont become superstars but its fairly apparent they do well together.
My point is, there will be times when he looks completely lost even with Eller. If you read back at the Kostitsyn threads, I'm continually saying he's a good player and I don't understand all the bashing. But most of the bashing comes as a result of people placing too high expectations on him.

I'm just trying to maintain level expectations, people pimping him as a PPG player with Eller are just building too high expectations that are unrealistic. He is a streaky player, he needs confidence and its easy to lose it after a couple of bad bounces.

Then next you thing know, people are wanting to trade him for a bag of pucks, meanwhile he's our 2nd leading scorer.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 09:40 AM
Habs

lol, 3 games and all is forgotten.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 09:41 AM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
You're confusing your opinion with the truth.
If anyone is wrong about Kostitsyn, it'll always be you.

It's funny seeing AK having success and watching you argue in the same direction, constantly.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 09:42 AM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post

AK has 3G, 4A in his last 5 games. Not sure where you got 4G, 5A from. 6th game was a 4-0 loss in CGY.

His typical hot streak is on. He'll cool off again, he always does.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
And remember the excuses from the pro-Gomez saying that he didn't produce because he was playing with useless wingers (AK, Eller, Moen).

Yeah it does make Gomez look pretty bad now that the 3 of them are one of our most productive line since the last 5 games. I don't care which line their play against. At least, they are CONTRIBUTING.
Don't turn this into a Gomez thread.

And for the record, Eller is much better at center. He wasn't good on the wing, not with Gomez, nor with Plekanec.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 11:12 AM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Don't turn this into a Gomez thread.

And for the record, Eller is much better at center. He wasn't good on the wing, not with Gomez, nor with Plekanec.
Amen to that!

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Not even sure why this AKost praise is all about though. Nobody denies the talent. Nobody denies that once he's hot, he is. But everybody talks about consistency....so a thread like that should exist ONCE he prooves he's consistent. The day everybody realizes that he's not that type of consistent player, well everybody should realize it and move on. It's either you keep that type of player with his strenghts and witnesses either you don't and move on and go get all those little guys that moves their feet very very fast.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 11:48 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not even sure why this AKost praise is all about though. Nobody denies the talent. Nobody denies that once he's hot, he is. But everybody talks about consistency....so a thread like that should exist ONCE he prooves he's consistent. The day everybody realizes that he's not that type of consistent player, well everybody should realize it and move on. It's either you keep that type of player with his strenghts and witnesses either you don't and move on and go get all those little guys that moves their feet very very fast.
He's basically been good for most of the season when he's not on a line with certain centremen.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote