HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline Talk III

Old
02-27-2011, 01:18 PM
mypunkrock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
If the salaries worked I'd consider it, but it will be difficult to get Vokoun under the cap. They would have to trade Carle +. Assuming Bob would be sent down to make room, Carle and Carcillo would make the salaries work, but then you have to hope that Zherdev plays well and no injuries occur, otherwise you are looking at Jody Shelley being part of this team in the playoffs. If Carle is getting traded I'd rather it be for a solid winger than a goalie. Boucher and Bob have this team as #6 for goals against. That's no accident.
I'd be willing to try Carle, Zherdev, Leighton, and a 2nd for Vokoun.

I doubt it would happen, but it would be worth a shot, and don't give up much, relatively speaking.

mypunkrock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 01:28 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy9748 View Post
I am a fan of Bob for the future and Boosh has played awesome all year. The whole shutout stat was always kind of meaningless to me but when you really think of it, it's kind of alarming. Leighton had 3 shutouts in the ECF with a worse defense in front of him.

Bob has had his puckhandling issues and that has become a major problem. The last thing i want going into the playoffs is a problem of communication between the defense and the goalie.

I have been on Bob's side all year but now I am leaning towards Boucher if we keep these two. I like Boucher just as much as the rest of Philadelphia but he is what he is. Sure he has been steady all season long but that is because he hasn't had to carry the load by himself. Boucher's been known for going on hot streaks and cooling off. He cools off and then we have to panic and throw in a 22 yr old rookie who doesnt speak the native language.

If it is Carle/Nodl/3rd? I do that right now. Maybe we lose a little depth at wing but I'll take:

JVR-Richards-Versteeg
Leino-Briere-Hartnell
Giroux-Carter-Zherdev/Carcillo
Powe-Betts-Shelley/Carcillo/Wellwood

over any forward group in the league.

Yes were taking a chance on Zherdev but if he falters, Carcillo played in the top 9 last year in the playoffs and we still made it to the finals.

Take Z out of the top 9 and i still wouldn't trade our top 9 for any other in the league.

You could even go:

Leino-Briere-Hartnell
Giroux-Carter-JVR
Powe-Richards-Versteeg (Shutdown Line)
Carcillo-Betts-Wellwood/Shelley
I think Bob and Boosh are fine with this defense in front of them. If a trade were made Bob would be sent down just because of waivers and such. But I'm just not sure I'm willing to give up multiple pieces to upgrade a position that hasn't really been a weakness all year. If it was Carle for Vokoun straight up, ok let's do it. But that won't work. So then you cut into the depth of this team and one injury could mess up the team big time. Two injuries could ruin them. Right now if someone important goes down it isn't huge. If someone important goes down and Shelley is the only guy we can rely, that is a problem. Also you mention Wellwood up there in the line combinations a bunch. I'm a fan of Wellwood and think he will be a solid player for the Flyers, but he played in 4 games against mediocre teams and played well. He isn't exactly lighting up the AHL right now and I'm not ready to say that he is the guy for the job in the playoffs this year. If he gets up before the playoffs and plays well that's a different story, but I'm not ready to use him as a 13th forward insurance policy come playoff time.

Like I said before, I'd really only want to deal Carle if it was for a different forward.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 01:35 PM
duffy9748

Quote:
I think Bob and Boosh are fine with this defense in front of them. If a trade were made Bob would be sent down just because of waivers and such. But I'm just not sure I'm willing to give up multiple pieces to upgrade a position that hasn't really been a weakness all year. If it was Carle for Vokoun straight up, ok let's do it. But that won't work. So then you cut into the depth of this team and one injury could mess up the team big time. Two injuries could ruin them. Right now if someone important goes down it isn't huge. If someone important goes down and Shelley is the only guy we can rely, that is a problem. Also you mention Wellwood up there in the line combinations a bunch. I'm a fan of Wellwood and think he will be a solid player for the Flyers, but he played in 4 games against mediocre teams and played well. He isn't exactly lighting up the AHL right now and I'm not ready to say that he is the guy for the job in the playoffs this year. If he gets up before the playoffs and plays well that's a different story, but I'm not ready to use him as a 13th forward insurance policy come playoff time.

Like I said before, I'd really only want to deal Carle if it was for a different forward.
Yeah I understand your point about Wellwood, I just am not a big fan of Nodl. He holds Richards back and if hes playing in the playoffs, it should be on the fourth line. Does Florida have any cheap wingers? I know higgins just got hurt but I'd be surprised if they dont have a depth winger who can replace Nodl.

duffy9748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 01:43 PM
duffy9748

1.Radek Dvorak at 1.7 and then is a UFA.
2.Marty Reasoner at 1.15 and then is a UFA.

Vokoun+ Dvorak/Reoasoner

for

Carle, Nodl, 3rd, plus a mid-level prospect.

Florida gets a top 4 defender for the future. A young defensive forward with 10 goals and a pick + prospect for a goalie who means nothing to them.

Tallon should be fired if he doesn't trade Vokoun. They have no shot at making a run with Vokoun in the next few years and have Markstrom waiting in the wings.

Old
02-27-2011, 02:14 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:

Vokoun+ Dvorak/Reoasoner

for

Florida gets a top 4 defender for the future. A young defensive forward with 10 goals and a pick + prospect for a goalie who means nothing to them.

Tallon should be fired if he doesn't trade Vokoun. They have no shot at making a run with Vokoun in the next few years and have Markstrom waiting in the wings.
I'd be shocked if that fit under the cap.

Old
02-27-2011, 02:25 PM
duffy9748

Quote:
I'd be shocked if that fit under the cap.
Well than you consider that your putting Bob in the minors.

Old
02-27-2011, 03:11 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Well than you consider that your putting Bob in the minors.
The salaries still wouldn't work. Vokoun is making a ton more than Carle and Dvorak/Reasoner are making more than Nodl. Even if you factor in Bob the salaries don't add up. The only way to get it done without losing any other parts would be if it were Carle and Zherdev and then the only option would be to get Reasoner because Dvorak wouldn't work. Try the trade machine at capgeek.com. It has the actual daily salaries and stuff and you can see exactly what has to come and go to make the trades work.

Old
02-27-2011, 03:59 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
We should try and upgrade at center. Trade that Giroux guy for one of those future stars like Bozak or Regin.

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:05 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Carcillo for Dvorak works.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:11 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

Id rather do Carcillo for Reasoner.

Old
02-27-2011, 04:15 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

That wouldn't be so bad, but you short yourself a winger on a team that would have too many centers.

Old
02-27-2011, 05:03 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Carcillo for Dvorak works.
I would be all over this. I'm a HUGE Dvorak fan. Dvorak-Richards-Versteeg would be my favorite line combo since the Legion of Doom. I don't really see Florida's incentive to do it though unless they really like Carcillo or figure he'll qualify for some picks in return for his RFA status. Otherwise they might as well keep Dvorak. My guess is a draft pick would have to be involved if a player is coming from Florida, even if it is a late round or conditional pick.

Old
02-27-2011, 05:05 PM
DenverBoone

Quote:

Vokoun+ Dvorak/Reoasoner

for

Maybe we can get away with a bad/decent prospect!

DenverBoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 07:21 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Just popped over to the Panthers board to see what they thought Dvorak would require and they said Carcillo and 4th/5th. I'd do that.

JVR-Carter-Giroux
Hartnell-Briere-Leino
Dvorak-Richards-Versteeg
Powe-Betts-Nodl
Zherdev

You could even have Nodl on the bench and Dvorak on the fourth line and throw Zherdev on Richards' line if he decides to actually play, but I think the lines looking that would be damn near unstoppable.

Old
02-27-2011, 07:29 PM
xx2one5xx

Don't think this was posted yet but Tim Pannacio says the Flyers are looking to add another forward & he keeps hearing it's Reasoner

Look for #flyers to try to add one more forward. Name I am hearing and he is available is : Marty Reasoner
TweetDeck • 2/27/11 7:49 PM

Flyers go into trade deadline w/about $1.9 mill cap space. Reasoner works
TweetDeck • 2/27/11 7:53 PM

xx2one5xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 07:42 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Just popped over to the Panthers board to see what they thought Dvorak would require and they said Carcillo and 4th/5th. I'd do that.

JVR-Carter-Giroux
Hartnell-Briere-Leino
Dvorak-Richards-Versteeg
Powe-Betts-Nodl
Zherdev

You could even have Nodl on the bench and Dvorak on the fourth line and throw Zherdev on Richards' line if he decides to actually play, but I think the lines looking that would be damn near unstoppable.
I would love one of Dvorak or Reasoner, at the cost of Carcillo and a pick.

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 07:54 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Either one of the two is fine with me, but $1.9M in cap space doesn't mean they can spend all of it, they need to leave some because of bonuses. How much in bonuses are we due to owe? I come up with $1.807M in bonuses, but someone please correct me.

Last edited by GKJ: 02-27-2011 at 08:02 PM.
Old
02-27-2011, 07:54 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

Reasoner is a guy I've wanted for awhile now

Old
02-27-2011, 07:55 PM
i am dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by @TSNBobMcKenzie
Some random deadline eve thoughts: VAN is using its 2nd round pick as bait for depth forward who makes less than $2M per year.

17 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
Personally, I'd love Carcillo to fit that mold, but I think that's a long shot. Granted it means either Zherdev has to be dangled out there on recall waivers, or a Phantoms forward gets called up for playoff depth.

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 08:14 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

If we trade Carcillo in a deal for Reasoner then the salaries pretty much even out

Old
02-27-2011, 08:23 PM
SilkyMitts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
I would love one of Dvorak or Reasoner, at the cost of Carcillo and a pick.

can we stop throwing a pick into every deal.

SilkyMitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 08:58 PM
healthyscratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkyMitts View Post
We're holding back, Homer usually throws in mulitple picks.

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 09:27 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkyMitts View Post
They're going to want a pick and we will likely have to send salary their way just to make the deal work. Florida has little to gain in acquiring Carcillo unless they plan on re-signing him which isn't a given. I don't know all the rules for RFA but I believe if the guy signs for less than $1.2 there is no compensation (anyone know where to verify this, I can't find it). The pick may be a very late round, but when doing these types of deals (i.e. expiring contract from playoff team for expiring contract from non-playoff team) a pick needs to be thrown in.

Old
02-27-2011, 10:56 PM
FlyersFanatic

Brad Boyes to Buffalo for a 2nd

FlyersFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 11:47 PM
FlyersFanatic

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...6#post31293826