HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Evander Kane

Old
02-21-2011, 07:48 PM
Kloparren
Hth

vCash: 500
Evander Kane

Really like this guy, I dunno if he'll be a consistent 40 goal scorer or not but he's already playing a bit like a power forward, made the NHL as an 18 year old and looks to potentially be the Thrashers franchise forward.

I'm asking because a fantasy trade involving Kane for Niederreiter plus Nielsen got me interested.

The plus here is that Nielsen has a great contract for next season, has almost as many points (although with more games) than Kane, and Niederreiter is also a pretty good scorer although some people's opinion of him has waned because his scoring isn't as high this year on WHL (still playing well if you don't judge solely on stats). The other nice thing about this trade is that Niederreiter will be on an entry level contract for the next three years while Kane has only one year left after this one so that would be a plus to a team rebuilding.

Kloparren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 07:52 PM
TrollololBoyle

http://hfboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 07:53 PM
Sabreality

a **** load

Sabreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 07:54 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
I'm not sure he's talking about the trade in a fantasy context though, Nettles do you mean a trade between Thrashers - Islanders or a trade in your fantasy league? if it's fantasy league I'll move it into the correct forum.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 08:05 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettles View Post
Really like this guy, I dunno if he'll be a consistent 40 goal scorer or not but he's already playing a bit like a power forward, made the NHL as an 18 year old and looks to potentially be the Thrashers franchise forward.

I'm asking because a fantasy trade involving Kane for Niederreiter plus Nielsen got me interested.

The plus here is that Nielsen has a great contract for next season, has almost as many points (although with more games) than Kane, and Niederreiter is also a pretty good scorer although some people's opinion of him has waned because his scoring isn't as high this year on WHL (still playing well if you don't judge solely on stats). The other nice thing about this trade is that Niederreiter will be on an entry level contract for the next three years while Kane has only one year left after this one so that would be a plus to a team rebuilding.
Burmistrov also made their team out of camp. Not really sure you can put much stock in him making the Thrashers right out of Junior.

Don't get me wrong, he's a great young player, just saying using that probably isn't the best way to measure the type of player he'll be or his potential.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 08:30 PM
Payinthedues

He's not going anywhere. Move along, nothing to see here....

Payinthedues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 08:33 PM
Magnifique

vCash: 50
As awsome as he has looked in the games i've watched, and his age... I don't think any GM would give as much as it would take to get him. Probably not even thread worthy.

Magnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 09:19 PM
Kloparren
Hth

Yeah, you guys can move it to the fantasy section but I posted it here because I wanna know his value in general and what each team would give for him or a similar player.

I mean realistically, no one is gonna move him this year and no one would move Niederreiter either. But basically if you were to move Kane, you would expect a huge return and I'm wondering how his sophomore value holds up to Niederreiter. So how would you evaluate a forward who's already playing in the NHL for one or two seasons to a "prospect" even if it's a high prospect pick like Gudbranson.

Kloparren is offline   Reply With Quote