HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Lecavalier to Cgy

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2011, 06:18 PM
FlamesFan18

vCash: 50
Lecavalier to Cgy

Jay Feaster knows Lecavalier very well from when he was in Tampa. It has been thrown around in a magazine from The Hockey News that Lecavalier to Calgary may actually happen. I was wondering what would Tampa want in return, Robyn Regher and what else?

Old
02-21-2011, 06:20 PM
bam09

vCash: 500
Lecavalier is a solid player, but doesn't appear to be the same player he was 2 years ago, and to add he has a brutal contract that still has 9 years I believe left.

I don't think his value would be that high, but then again not many of us thought Gomez was worth anything, and he got a solid return.

Old
02-21-2011, 06:22 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
Please No!!, I would not trade Regehr straight across.

Old
02-21-2011, 06:23 PM
bassassin

Dont want to trade vinny, plus a NMC.

Old
02-21-2011, 06:24 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

I wouldn't touch Vinny if I were another team. He used to be one of my favorite players but for whatever reason he's not the same. I heard someone claim it was a shoulder injury he once had, but frankly I see the chronology of his downfall and the signing of his huge contract to be a little more than a coincidence.

Old
02-21-2011, 06:25 PM
Moneypuck

He's best served sticking with his playoff bound Lightning don't you think? Flames probably won't even be playing come the middle of April.

Old
02-21-2011, 06:27 PM
TML4L

In a perfect world Lecavalier would stay in Tampa I just don't think its a realistic possibility he stays in Tampa after this offseason. Having to resign Stamkos will be top priority and I don't think they can fit it and stay competitive having both Lecavalier's contract and Stamkos'.

Old
02-21-2011, 06:27 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver ballet View Post
He's best served sticking with his playoff bound Lightning don't you think? Flames probably won't even be playing come the middle of April.
He's best served keeping that contract away from our organization for the next decade.

Old
02-21-2011, 06:29 PM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML4L View Post
In a perfect world Lecavalier would stay in Tampa I just don't think its a realistic possibility he stays in Tampa after this offseason. Having to resign Stamkos will be top priority and I don't think they can fit it and stay competitive having both Lecavalier's contract and Stamkos'.
This offseason we have nearly $25 million in cap space, Stamkos is going to get a raise of $5 million at the absolute max. So $20 million to fill up the roster given all our most expensive players except Stamkos are already locked up for next year. You are right no capspace at all

Old
02-21-2011, 06:46 PM
Iggy-4-50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
This offseason we have nearly $25 million in cap space, Stamkos is going to get a raise of $5 million at the absolute max. So $20 million to fill up the roster given all our most expensive players except Stamkos are already locked up for next year. You are right no capspace at all
Not sure where your getting your info from but reality is you have about 22m in cap space. Stamkos will get 7m of that at least so you have about 15m to sign 5 forwards, at least 3 defenseman and a goalie. and that's just a bare minimum roster.

Old
02-21-2011, 06:47 PM
theIceWookie
formerly FinnishKule

Quote:
Stamkos is very likely going to get the Malkin/Crosby contract. That means he gets 8.7 a year. Take that off the 21.5 million in space you have (not sure where you got 25) and you have 12.5 million to fill 13 roster spots. Considering the Lighting have a big need for a top 4 dman and a desperate need for a starter, that's no where near enough to be competitive. Add in Hedman's and Downie's contract next year and you have yourself a large problem building up.

Like it or not, its in Tampa's best interest to move Vinny.

Old
02-21-2011, 06:47 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
You mean 5 million on top of what his cap hit is now, yes. For clarity sake.

Not happening. Especially since hes been heating up.

Old
02-21-2011, 07:03 PM
mstad101

Stajan Jokinen
For
Vinny

Old
02-21-2011, 07:04 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFan18 View Post
Jay Feaster knows Lecavalier very well from when he was in Tampa. It has been thrown around in a magazine from The Hockey News that Lecavalier to Calgary may actually happen. I was wondering what would Tampa want in return, Robyn Regher and what else?
He won't be traded anywhere. His production is far below his contract. Even the Montreal Canadiens wouldn't take on that contract.

Old
02-21-2011, 07:26 PM
flameaholic
FOREVER a Flame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
Stajan Jokinen
For
Vinny
Replace Jokinen with Hagman and you have a deal.

Old
02-21-2011, 07:44 PM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy-4-50 View Post
Not sure where your getting your info from but reality is you have about 22m in cap space. Stamkos will get 7m of that at least so you have about 15m to sign 5 forwards, at least 3 defenseman and a goalie. and that's just a bare minimum roster.
I was accounting for about a $3 million raise in the cap. Too adventurous?? Ok will work the numbers with the cap staying the same.

So we have $22 million in cap space, Stamkos currently has a cap hit of $3.75 million, you predict him earning $7 million (kinda stingy I was budgeting for $8.75 million), that is a raise of $3.25 million. Leaving $18.75 million to fill the roster.

We need to re-sign Purcell and Lundin. Being generous saying $2 million each that leaves $14.75 million for 3 bottom 6 forwards, bottom 3 dmen and a goalie. Say we go rich with a goalie and spend $5 million (unlikely).

$9.75 million left for 3 bottom 6 forwards a press box forward and bottom 3 dmen. This year our bottom 6 forwards averaged a salary of $0.788 million. Say they get a raise and average a million each (unlikely). So $4 million filling out the forwards. $5.75 million for our bottom 3 dmen.

Average cap hit for our bottom 3 dmen (5,6,7) is $0.822 million again a raise for everyone. $1 million each (unlikely) we have $2.75 million in space.

But you are right even with vastly overpaying to make my point, salary cap staying the same we still have cap space. Where are our cap difficulties??

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinjosh View Post
Stamkos is very likely going to get the Malkin/Crosby contract. That means he gets 8.7 a year. Take that off the 21.5 million in space you have (not sure where you got 25) and you have 12.5 million to fill 13 roster spots. Considering the Lighting have a big need for a top 4 dman and a desperate need for a starter, that's no where near enough to be competitive. Add in Hedman's and Downie's contract next year and you have yourself a large problem building up.

Like it or not, its in Tampa's best interest to move Vinny.
See above, Hedman and Downies contracts will be fine, Downie had a much better year last year and got signed to that deal, doubt he gets a substantial raise. And again Hedman has a cap hit of $3.5 million already, he wont get too much of a raise, plus a lot of contracts come off the books within the next 2 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius Brian Lawton View Post
You mean 5 million on top of what his cap hit is now, yes. For clarity sake.

Not happening. Especially since hes been heating up.
Yes I meant up to a salary of $8.75 million (dont see him taking that much) so a raise of $5 million.

Old
02-21-2011, 07:51 PM
OneSharpMarble

I would rather have gomez than Vinny and that massive contract.

Old
02-21-2011, 10:33 PM
BoltSTH

VL4 is going nowhere unless he demands it. He has a NMC for 8 more years and loves Tampa, has his foundation and children hospital ward, and his family (parents and sister).

TB has $8.97m cap room now. Smith $2.2m off the books next year, Gagne $5.25m (minus what he resigns or replaced for), Brewer $4.5m (minus what ever he resigns or is replaced for). So even if Stamkos get a $4m raise ($3.725m now) we will still have about $9m-$10m in cap space.

Old
02-21-2011, 10:37 PM
Caged Great

Seriously, I wouldn't want Lecavalier if he was free, just because of that contract. We don't have enough players on bad contracts to justify that kind of addition for that long.

Seriously, when Olli Jokinen has 13 more points this year than you, and you have that kind of contract, nobody is going to want you.

The only player in the league that might be possible to trade for Lecavalier is Phaneuf, who is almost equally terrible.

Old
02-21-2011, 10:42 PM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
Replace Jokinen with Hagman and you have a deal.
Why would Stevey Y agree to that? He can grab Hagmen for free right now.
So really it could be Jokinen Stajan n Hagmen

Old
02-21-2011, 10:42 PM
TheDaysOf 04
a new era

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilligansoff View Post
Hes a Hockey player not a movie star. How would you know that he wouldn't? Maybe he wants to play in a real hockey market. One with real fans that show up day in and day out.... but really I have no idea what Vincent Lecavalier is like off the ice.
The guy can not say it anymore than he already has. He wants to stay in Tampa.

Old
02-21-2011, 10:44 PM
Flamesjustwin

vCash: 1452
Not for anything! You could not give us Lecavalier for free. Hell, Feaster left TB because ownership gave VL that contract. Not happening, thank god!

Old
02-21-2011, 10:46 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 50
**** no. no. no. **** no. NO.

Old
02-21-2011, 10:47 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Stajan, Jokinen and Hagman. Nothing to jump for joy over.

Old
02-21-2011, 10:54 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesjustwin View Post
Not for anything! You could not give us Lecavalier for free. Hell, Feaster left TB because ownership gave VL that contract. Not happening, thank god!

Yeah he "left" TB. And because of "VL4s contract".

If by "left" you meant got fired, and by "VL4s contract" you meant because he handed out horrible contracts like candy, than yes, your statement is entirely correct.

And once again a Vinny to somewhere thread is started by someone not a TB fan. TB fans are saying hes not going anywhere, and other fans are trying to convince TB fans how much negative value he is and how much he sucks and how they wouldnt take him for free.

Closed Thread