HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Everybody stop crying

Old
02-22-2011, 12:44 AM
Habbadasher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Can you blame us? Since 93, Hab fans have dealt with a lot.
You could be a Leafs fan, stop whining.

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 01:21 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
If you settle for mediocre... you'll get mediocre.
Look at the teams on top currently in the East. Look back at the past Cup champs as well.

Tampa: Finished last in '08, 2nd to last in '09, 6th to last in '10.
Pittsburgh: 3rd to last in '02, 2nd to last in '03, last in '04, 2nd to last in '06.

Chicago finished out of playoffs for 7 years in a row.

This team demands excellence and that is icing a competitive team each year. Would I be proud to be a Pens fan? Hell no. That team has been horrible for 75% of their history. Kudos to them for not screwing up 5 straight top 5 picks. Congrats to Chicago for their first Cup in 49 years after being out of the playoffs for 7 in a row.

The teams I respect the most are teams that are competitive every year and try to win. (Philadelphia, Detroit, San Jose)

Habs are not mediocre, they ice competitive teams every year. Making the playoffs 4 of the 5 years since the lockout in a highly competitive league proves that.

Keep in mind this team is 6th in the East without their top 2 D.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 01:46 AM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

vCash: 50
And you don't think we could be competitive without playing a style of hockey that could easily compete with watching paint dry in the ultimate boredom department.I mean I want to win as much as anybody else , but god I miss being entertain during games , looking forward to games.Jacque Martin is singlehandedly making lots of hardcore fans listen to games ''a r'culons''.And whether you agree or not , you can't deny lots of people are less interested in the team because of it , sure everybody will watch because that's who we are , but the games are rarely very fun.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 01:48 AM
JSBach

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
blasphemy --- typical new generation hab fan

Go mediocrity Go

Gomez rulz
I here ya! All or nothing year in, year out for me. I mean, why wouldn't it be for every fan? Don't get me wrong, I was really proud of this team last year, but satisfied? No. In the end I was just left "feeling" numb, completely empty. Terrible end to a terrible school year for me.

Last edited by JSBach: 02-22-2011 at 02:04 AM.
JSBach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 01:56 AM
bigdan2002

Piss me off everytime I listen to CKAC
I don't think that this is the year to make a big trade for a rental player. We don't have the asset that the Bruins to make the Kaberle's kind of move. People complain about this team but our best player is out for the season and played like 10 games fo us and we still in 6th place. Can you just imagine where the Caps would be without a Ovechkin or Backstrom? I think that if we can get rid of Gomez and replace him during the summer with a bigger center, next year (with Markov back and our young core getting experience) we will be a very good team. So this year we have to expect to surprise again like we did last year.

bigdan2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 02:09 AM
bigdan2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Would I be proud to be a Pens fan? Hell no. That team has been horrible for 75% of their history. Kudos to them for not screwing up 5 straight top 5 picks. Congrats to Chicago for their first Cup in 49 years after being out of the playoffs for 7 in a row.
You're damn right, and Pens have won the cup because they won a ******* lottery that gave him the best player of the generation. They were the worst team by far finish bottom5 from 2002 to 2006 and if they have lost the lottery they would probably moved on. We probably have the best team since a lot of time so it's not the time to rebuild the team, this job should have been done between 99 and 2003, and it's not Pierre Gauthier's fault. I like the job he did so far.

bigdan2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 02:13 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
And you don't think we could be competitive without playing a style of hockey that could easily compete with watching paint dry in the ultimate boredom department.I mean I want to win as much as anybody else , but god I miss being entertain during games , looking forward to games.Jacque Martin is singlehandedly making lots of hardcore fans listen to games ''a r'culons''.And whether you agree or not , you can't deny lots of people are less interested in the team because of it , sure everybody will watch because that's who we are , but the games are rarely very fun.
that's bull... Carbs was way more entertaining and yet everyone was complaining about him... and you know damn well next coach will be blamed for everything within a year... in fact, you'll probably be one of the first to come and whine about it.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 03:42 AM
OneSharpMarble

Did someone call the habs "competitive"? LOL

This team isn't even in the same league as the detroits, flyers and vancouvers. It is a good thing the conference is so weak or we would be on the outside looking in as usual. I love how people are just overjoyed to limp into the playoffs on a hope and a prayer. Sad how low this franchise has fallen, no more excellence, lets just make 8th place please.

An 8th seeded team has never won the cup, take it how you like.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 04:10 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Did someone call the habs "competitive"? LOL

This team isn't even in the same league as the detroits, flyers and vancouvers. It is a good thing the conference is so weak or we would be on the outside looking in as usual. I love how people are just overjoyed to limp into the playoffs on a hope and a prayer. Sad how low this franchise has fallen, no more excellence, lets just make 8th place please.

An 8th seeded team has never won the cup
, take it how you like.
so... only those 3 are competitive ?

good thing we're 6th then!

Old
02-22-2011, 04:21 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
so... only those 3 are competitive ?

good thing we're 6th then!
12th. We're 12th in the league right now, 1 pt ahead of 17th.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 04:25 AM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
And a couple of wins and we are outside of the top5, whats your point?

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 04:28 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
And a couple of wins and we are outside of the top5, whats your point?
My point is that we're not 6th on a list that includes Detroit and Vancouver. What, you couldn't follow that?

Old
02-22-2011, 04:30 AM
guest1467

Quote:
My point is that we're not 6th on a list that includes Detroit and Vancouver. What, you couldn't follow that?
Not when the OP was talking about being 6th in the conference, because he was replying to `an eight place team has never won the cup.`

Old
02-22-2011, 04:39 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Not when the OP was talking about being 6th in the conference, because he was replying to `an eight place team has never won the cup.`
Actually, he was replying to the point that we aren't "competitive" like Philly, Detroit, and Vancouver. I thought that was pretty easy to follow from his reply of "so... only those 3 are competitive ?" but here we are. Notice that the bold aren't in our conference, so 6th place in the East is irrelevant, but I see the witticism he was trying to slide in there.

Old
02-22-2011, 04:45 AM
guest1467

Quote:
Actually, he was replying to the point that we aren't "competitive" like Philly, Detroit, and Vancouver. I thought that was pretty easy to follow from his reply of "so... only those 3 are competitive ?" but here we are. Notice that the bold aren't in our conference, so 6th place in the East is irrelevant, but I see the witticism he was trying to slide in there.
Look at the second bolded part, each line in his post is replying to their seperate bolded counterparts.

Haha, not like it even matters anyways.

Old
02-22-2011, 05:28 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
considering it never happened that a 8th seed won a Cup... it's a good thing... right ?

Old
02-22-2011, 05:31 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
oh I see, your point wasnt that I replied to a guy saying "8th seed blah blah blah" ?...

Old
02-22-2011, 05:34 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Look at the second bolded part, each line in his post is replying to their seperate bolded counterparts.

Haha, not like it even matters anyways.
huh... YES it does... we have to find out, outside of the top 3, wich position gives us a better chance at the Cup... no ?

Old
02-22-2011, 05:49 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
and detroit and vancouver are in the western conference and montreal will never be in the western conference so what the **** does this and they have to do with anything ?

man people are funny.

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 05:54 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
and detroit and vancouver are in the western conference and montreal will never be in the western conference so what the **** does this and they have to do with anything ?

man people are funny.
sadly, as it would be fun to watch them more often

Old
02-22-2011, 08:29 AM
ppil

Like every year, near the trade deadline, I like to come here and read what people are thinking, and usually see the panic in many posts…

This year, with all our injuries, and most of all, injuries to key players, I thought people would understand that it can't be our year and that we must be patient. Putting mags on a broken car won't make you win the race… I mean, even if Philadelphia, Detroit, Vancouver and Boston are dominants and have better chance to win the cup, every thing must go well for them to actually have the chance to win it. Every star must be aligned for them to win the cup.

The stars didn't align for the habs this year. Top 10 dman don't grow in trees, and teams don't want to trade them (would you have traded Markov?). If the habs had a fully healthy line-up, trading for a Kaberle or a Stewart might have given them a better chance to get to the cup, depending if the player had melted well with the team, nothing is guaranteed… Trading for a rental now would be like buying a second loto ticket, you doubled your chances, but they are still pretty slim.

I also see a lot of self-entitlement from many fans here. I understand that we have a rich history, a history of excellence and many cups, of great players who defined the game as we know it today, but times have change. Not because the habs management said in a meeting "Let's settle for mediocrity just to ******* with the fans…", but because the overall quality of the league is better. Why do we deserve any more than any other fan in the league (winning every year would mean that other would be loosing every year…)? Why our past would force our gm to get players in impossible trades? Why should the team play the way that you want and get the players that you want?

Philadelphia missed the playoff 1 time in the last 5 years, barely made them last year (by winning a shootout…) and never made it better than the 5th position in the east, but it should be our model and the habs mgmt s*** because we are currently 6th? Vancouver missed the playoff twice and finish 3rd three times (and mostly by finish 1st in their week division), but they are so great? San Jose never did anything in the playoff, is that the team that you want? The only team that is constantly dominating is the Red Wings, lead by 4 players which they draft in the later rounds, maybe they are really great at drafting, or maybe they are only really lucky, but their dominance doesn't have much to do with trading and signing UFAs.

As many here, I don't think that Gomez is the solution, but who would replace him? I don't think Brad Richards will be coming here this summer, so you want to sign 36 years old Arnott? Trade for a big center? Who? For Patches++? For Subban+? For Price? Trade Kostitsyn for a 20 goals scorer with grit? So trade Kostitsyn for Kostitsyn + grit? Why would the other gm do that? For a draft pick or for Maxwell? I'm sure they are all dreaming of it…

I don't think I'm settling for mediocrity, I think I'm just being realistic, but I must be wrong…

ppil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 08:31 AM
saints96

i have more chances at winning the lottoMAX and 649 in the same week than for the same mtl fans to stop crying on a daily basis.

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 08:32 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Ok, take a breather now, rest those typing fingers...

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 08:37 AM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

We have had a lot of injuries
And in order to get, you have to give - and we have nothing to offer.

When was the last time the team was 100% healthy

Last year's playoffs (well, 100% healthy before Markov got injured in Pittsburgh)

So, let's not panic; I'm convinced that a healthy Habs team is v ery competitive

McSorleyStick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 09:07 AM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbadasher View Post
You could be a Leafs fan, stop whining.
Do you think you're a better fan because you are unable to think critically? This team could miss the playoff for the next 20 years and we'd still have idiots talking about "relax.....chill out".

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
Is there a thread I can read where you are not whining like a little baby?

Go outside, have some fun, watch a movie, go out with a girl, get frostbite, die...do something..seriously, you seem suicidal...in the infamous worse of one Jesus Price...

"Relax, Chill Out..."
I find it hilarious that because people are critical of the team that it actually affects us in real life. You really think I'm sitting here ready to slit my wrists? I'm going to point out the things I don't like about the team and go on with my day.

If more fans were critical, perhaps we'd be a lot further along. Complaisant fans get loser teams.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote