HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Everybody stop crying

Old
02-22-2011, 10:16 AM
JayBee*

vCash: 500
Just to add, I find it so terribly funny how the same people here complaining about people "crying" are the same people who are crying about Gomez's play and crying about his contract. These are the same people who bash Andrei and want to trade him for a bag of pucks. The same dolts who bash Spacek and Gill. The ones who bashed Sergei....

Keep it up.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 11:04 AM
XperHFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Just to add, I find it so terribly funny how the same people here complaining about people "crying" are the same people who are crying about Gomez's play and crying about his contract. These are the same people who bash Andrei and want to trade him for a bag of pucks. The same dolts who bash Spacek and Gill. The ones who bashed Sergei....

Keep it up.
Well at least we have a few rising superstars in the team. Subban, Price for sure maybe Pacioretty and maybe, big maybe Desharnais. Which is something we never had for a long time.

Not every team has the luxury to have the best upcoming goaltender and defenser in the league. This is solid stuff and we should be happy (not emo) about it.

XperHFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 11:08 AM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by XperHFB View Post
Well at least we have a few rising superstars in the team. Subban, Price for sure maybe Pacioretty and maybe, big maybe Desharnais. Which is something we never had for a long time.

Not every team has the luxury to have the best upcoming goaltender and defenser in the league. This is solid stuff and we should be happy (not emo) about it.
I don't think anyone's bashing the players you listed. It's just the hypocrissy of the people calling others whiners.

These are the same guys who whine about other players and the reffing in every single game.

Old
02-22-2011, 11:12 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
We have had a lot of injuries
And in order to get, you have to give - and we have nothing to offer.

When was the last time the team was 100% healthy

Last year's playoffs (well, 100% healthy before Markov got injured in Pittsburgh)

So, let's not panic; I'm convinced that a healthy Habs team is v ery competitive
Excuses for loosers...

Vancouver has almost all its defence at the clinic.

Pittsburg got two all-World players on the IR

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 11:14 AM
InglewoodJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
If you settle for mediocre... you'll get mediocre.
I agree. I'm hoping to hope the **** out of a stanley cup.

C'mon guys, if we hope hard enough we'll be a dynasty!

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 11:18 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Or you can just tank for 10 years and get the 1st picks.
Ala the Pens...Caps...Hawks...there is just no way you can do that inMontreal...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 11:21 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Ala the Pens...Caps...Hawks...there is just no way you can do that inMontreal...
You're right...

In Montreal, we prefer average teams with average players getting average results, year after year.

We don't want to have a superstar forward, never.

We want two-three playoffs game at the Bell each year...

Old
02-22-2011, 11:26 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
You're right...

In Montreal, we prefer average teams with average players getting average results, year after year.

We don't want to have a superstar forward, never.

We want two-three playoffs game at the Bell each year...
How many playoff games at the Bell last year? I never said, or inferred we only want a handful of games in the playoffs...that being said, you can't tank in Montreal, there is no way people would accept it....you have to rebuild and re-tool...but no way you can charge people 150.00 bucks a ticket, and tank...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 11:28 AM
shiftycanuck
Habby Habitants

Quote:
And i don't care if we don't win the Stanley cup. If we can get to round 3 again anything can happen from there.
Umm.....why don't you care? I care, and I think just about every single Habs fan cares quite a bit, this is a team with a very very rich history and tradition, it's almost been 20 years.....this organization better get their act together soon. Jacques Martin will not lead this team to a cup, as long as Roman Hamrlik, Jaro Spacek, and Andrei Kostitsyn are on this club and as long as Scott Gomez is being given 20 minutes a night, we will not win the cup. But to not care? Anyone who isn't a fan, don't post on here.

shiftycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 11:30 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
How many playoff games at the Bell last year? I never said, or inferred we only want a handful of games in the playoffs...that being said, you can't tank in Montreal, there is no way people would accept it....you have to rebuild and re-tool...but no way you can charge people 150.00 bucks a ticket, and tank...
PLEASE, do not compare last year with the last 16 years. It was just an exception !

Old
02-22-2011, 11:31 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
What makes you so sure about that ?

Old
02-22-2011, 11:35 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Excuses for loosers...

Vancouver has almost all its defence at the clinic.

Pittsburg got two all-World players on the IR
Yup, and VAN was playing under .500 during that time, and PITT is below .500 since.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 11:38 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppil View Post
Like every year, near the trade deadline, I like to come here and read what people are thinking, and usually see the panic in many posts…

This year, with all our injuries, and most of all, injuries to key players, I thought people would understand that it can't be our year and that we must be patient. Putting mags on a broken car won't make you win the race… I mean, even if Philadelphia, Detroit, Vancouver and Boston are dominants and have better chance to win the cup, every thing must go well for them to actually have the chance to win it. Every star must be aligned for them to win the cup.

The stars didn't align for the habs this year. Top 10 dman don't grow in trees, and teams don't want to trade them (would you have traded Markov?). If the habs had a fully healthy line-up, trading for a Kaberle or a Stewart might have given them a better chance to get to the cup, depending if the player had melted well with the team, nothing is guaranteed… Trading for a rental now would be like buying a second loto ticket, you doubled your chances, but they are still pretty slim.

I also see a lot of self-entitlement from many fans here. I understand that we have a rich history, a history of excellence and many cups, of great players who defined the game as we know it today, but times have change. Not because the habs management said in a meeting "Let's settle for mediocrity just to ******* with the fans…", but because the overall quality of the league is better. Why do we deserve any more than any other fan in the league (winning every year would mean that other would be loosing every year…)? Why our past would force our gm to get players in impossible trades? Why should the team play the way that you want and get the players that you want?

Philadelphia missed the playoff 1 time in the last 5 years, barely made them last year (by winning a shootout…) and never made it better than the 5th position in the east, but it should be our model and the habs mgmt s*** because we are currently 6th? Vancouver missed the playoff twice and finish 3rd three times (and mostly by finish 1st in their week division), but they are so great? San Jose never did anything in the playoff, is that the team that you want? The only team that is constantly dominating is the Red Wings, lead by 4 players which they draft in the later rounds, maybe they are really great at drafting, or maybe they are only really lucky, but their dominance doesn't have much to do with trading and signing UFAs.

As many here, I don't think that Gomez is the solution, but who would replace him? I don't think Brad Richards will be coming here this summer, so you want to sign 36 years old Arnott? Trade for a big center? Who? For Patches++? For Subban+? For Price? Trade Kostitsyn for a 20 goals scorer with grit? So trade Kostitsyn for Kostitsyn + grit? Why would the other gm do that? For a draft pick or for Maxwell? I'm sure they are all dreaming of it…

I don't think I'm settling for mediocrity, I think I'm just being realistic, but I must be wrong…
Stop making sense!

EVERYBODY PANIC!!!!

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 11:39 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Yup, and VAN was playing under .500 during that time, and PITT is below .500 since.
I am not sure about that at all.

These teams are still competing extremely hard. Have you watched the Wash-Pitt game last night ?

Old
02-22-2011, 11:40 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
I am not sure about that at all.

These teams are still competing extremely hard. Have you watched the Wash-Pitt game last night ?
good for them, they still lost though.

Old
02-22-2011, 11:42 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
good for them, they still lost though.
It was certainly less embarrassing than most of the last Habs ten last games.

Old
02-22-2011, 11:55 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
It was certainly less embarrassing than most of the last Habs ten last games.

Yeah, Pens fans must be thrilled with the losing streak

Old
02-22-2011, 12:00 PM
saints96

Quote:
Yeah, Pens fans must be thrilled with the losing streak
the hypocracy by habs fans, gotta love it ah! lol( not you, the guy you're quoting )

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 12:04 PM
XperHFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitants19 View Post
Umm.....why don't you care? I care, and I think just about every single Habs fan cares quite a bit, this is a team with a very very rich history and tradition, it's almost been 20 years.....this organization better get their act together soon. Jacques Martin will not lead this team to a cup, as long as Roman Hamrlik, Jaro Spacek, and Andrei Kostitsyn are on this club and as long as Scott Gomez is being given 20 minutes a night, we will not win the cup. But to not care? Anyone who isn't a fan, don't post on here.
Again. There is 1 cup for 30 teams. Put history aside for a moment and try to blend in reality in your concept. This is not NHL 11 you cant rely on glitches from the cpu to make godly trades to pack your team with all the superstars of the league. Me to I wish I had Iginla, Parise, Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, Crosby, Chara, Pronger, Getzlaf but I cant. And nobody can. Instead I have Gomez, Gionta, Plekanec, Cammalari, Subban, Gill, Wiz, Price... which is already better then what most of the teams currently have on their roster.

XperHFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 12:08 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Do you think you're a better fan because you are unable to think critically? This team could miss the playoff for the next 20 years and we'd still have idiots talking about "relax.....chill out".

I find it hilarious that because people are critical of the team that it actually affects us in real life. You really think I'm sitting here ready to slit my wrists? I'm going to point out the things I don't like about the team and go on with my day.

If more fans were critical, perhaps we'd be a lot further along. Complaisant fans get loser teams.
This is not the real world. The only power you have is PURCHASING power, thats IT.

re read my post
Quote:
we, the fans, do not have influence over habs decision process.

your all 'settling for medicore' by watching, talking, writting about the habs. thats ALL habs care about; not if we are happy inside.

People could of created 50k pages of anti price and pro halak last season, got 'likes' from entire province of quebec, and you would still not influence what habs are going to do with this team. whats so hard to understand, that your crying and preaching to others of being sheep, and wanting medicoracy will not make the molsons twitch a finger.
and just for readers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_(person)
Quote:
is a person with a liking and enthusiasm for something, such as a band or a sports team.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 12:12 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
This is not the real world. The only power you have is PURCHASING power, thats IT.
Tell me something I don't know.

Coulda sworn this was a discussion board.

Old
02-22-2011, 12:20 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Tell me something I don't know.

Coulda sworn this was a discussion board.
then why are you constanly preaching that ' Complaisant fans get loser teams.' ?
You and many other posters around here seem to think because most people are not asking more from management is the reason we don't have an elite team. you could argue normaly, example whitesnake, with out sounding like a whiner and blaming 'sheep' mentality every other post.
i enjoy some of your posts, because unlike many other pessimists, you actually try and put reasonable arguments together and have progressed over time.
but you have to stop with the " Complaisant fans get loser teams." and telling people they can't use critical thinking or whatever, its lame.

Old
02-22-2011, 12:23 PM
Forsead

Hf when the Habs are in a slump is terrible and it's because years ago it was way better on that aspect...

Every team in the NHL have 2-3 slump in a season we are only in our second (the first was neas christmas) the only thing that I want to see is the boys get out of it and finish the season hot for the playoff.

if we finish 5th-6th in the conference and we goes to the second round are you peoples thinking that a bad season ?

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 12:24 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
then why are you constanly preaching that ' Complaisant fans get loser teams.' ?
You and many other posters around here seem to think because most people are not asking more from management is the reason we don't have an elite team. you could argue normaly, example whitesnake, with out sounding like a whiner and blaming 'sheep' mentality every other post.
i enjoy some of your posts, because unlike many other pessimists, you actually try and put reasonable arguments together and have progressed over time.
but you have to stop with the " Complaisant fans get loser teams." and telling people they can't use critical thinking or whatever, its lame.
Because complaisant fans buy tickets, merchandise, etc...no matter how poor the team is...(ie: Leafs).

You really think Yankee fans would sell out the Yankee stadium at those high prices if the team scraped each year for a wild card spot? If the franchise required a pitching ace for 10 years and still had not found one?

My comment was more in response to people calling me a "bad" fan because I'm critical of the team at times.

Old
02-22-2011, 12:30 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Because complaisant fans buy tickets, merchandise, etc...no matter how poor the team is...(ie: Leafs).

You really think Yankee fans would sell out the Yankee stadium at those high prices if the team scraped each year for a wild card spot? If the franchise required a pitching ace for 10 years and still had not found one?

My comment was more in response to people calling me a "bad" fan because I'm critical of the team at times.
by watching the games you are as complaisant as the guy who has season tickets and goes to every game.