HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Bruins 3 Flames 1

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-22-2011, 10:07 AM
  #1
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**
 
StreakingRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 10,811
vCash: 500
Bruins 3 Flames 1

The Lines

A. Tanguay B. Morrison J. Iginla

C. Glencross O. Jokinen D. Moss

R. Bourque M. Stajan T. Jackman

T. Kostopoulos M. Backlund N. Hagman


The Pairings

R. Regehr J. Bouwmeester

M. Giordano C. Sarich

S. Staios A. Babchuk


The Goaltenders

M. Kiprusoff

H. Karlsson


Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/...#ixzz1EhjISaoX


Go Flames!


Last edited by StreakingRed: 02-22-2011 at 10:23 PM.
StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 10:10 AM
  #2
Svensational
THANK YOU IGGY
 
Svensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: C OF RED
Country: Romania
Posts: 1,029
vCash: 50
hagman?

Svensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 10:25 AM
  #3
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**
 
StreakingRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 10,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselCGY View Post
hagman?

As of this point, he hasn't been claimed or traded, so he's still a Flames player.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 10:50 AM
  #4
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Benevolent Overlord
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 6,735
vCash: 1200
I have a feeling the Flames suffer from the post-Heritage Classic hangover, and may lose this one. At the very least, they'll probably come out a bit sluggish...

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 11:55 AM
  #5
Signature
PEEP PEEP PARTY
 
Signature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 4,478
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
I have a feeling the Flames suffer from the post-Heritage Classic hangover, and may lose this one. At the very least, they'll probably come out a bit sluggish...
You know, because the Bruins are not a really good team and did not make moves recently that put them over the top or anything...
there's no blaming a "HC hangover", that's just weak. The Flames have to play the consistent game that got them here or else it's an easy loss.

Their team is built better than ours. They have depth in every position, and I would rank them immediately between Vancouver and Philadelphia in terms of positional strength now.
The ONLY way the Flames win is to put in more effort than them and get the lucky bounces, because on paper we do not even come close to stacking up.

Signature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 12:41 PM
  #6
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Benevolent Overlord
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 6,735
vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Conroy View Post
You know, because the Bruins are not a really good team and did not make moves recently that put them over the top or anything...
there's no blaming a "HC hangover", that's just weak. The Flames have to play the consistent game that got them here or else it's an easy loss.

Their team is built better than ours. They have depth in every position, and I would rank them immediately between Vancouver and Philadelphia in terms of positional strength now.
The ONLY way the Flames win is to put in more effort than them and get the lucky bounces, because on paper we do not even come close to stacking up.
No, if they lose, I fully intend to blame the HC hangover.


Mostly because I still have one...

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 02:44 PM
  #7
CoRD
Rebizzle my Flizzle
 
CoRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the studio
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,546
vCash: 50
StreakingRed you know you my boy right? But at this juncture is it possible to get more than just the line-ups in the GDT? I can't do it myself cause I work and don't have access, but any effort would be appreciated. Thanks bro.

CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 02:54 PM
  #8
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,017
vCash: 500
Obviously every game right now is a must win.

But this one holds extra merit in regards to the fact that nobody (outside of flames fans) beleives this team can compete with the best in the league. It's time to show all the haters what the boys in red are made of.

If they win tonight, I am going to be overwhelmed with excitment and rightfully so. Win tonight and everyone around the league is going to be raising their eyebrow's.

GO FLAMES!

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 03:01 PM
  #9
CoRD
Rebizzle my Flizzle
 
CoRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the studio
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,546
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
Obviously every game right now is a must win.

But this one holds extra merit in regards to the fact that nobody (outside of flames fans) beleives this team can compete with the best in the league. It's time to show all the haters what the boys in red are made of.

If they win tonight, I am going to be overwhelmed with excitment and rightfully so. Win tonight and everyone around the league is going to be raising their eyebrow's.

GO FLAMES!
Boston is a great team. But to put it in perspective, they are 7th in league. We are 11th. They are only 3 PTS ahead of us. We can beat these guys. The only bad thing is they are road warriors with a 18-7-4 road record. This year we are back to our home winning ways with a 18-9-3 record at the 'Dome. Also they are 4th in the league in GA and 5th in GF. They are not an easy team to score against and are a top scoring team. Scary. Should be a doozy of a game.

CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 03:10 PM
  #10
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
Boston is a great team. But to put it in perspective, they are 7th in league. We are 11th. They are only 3 PTS ahead of us. We can beat these guys. The only bad thing is they are road warriors with a 18-7-4 road record. This year we are back to our home winning ways with a 18-9-3 record at the 'Dome. Also they are 4th in the league in GA and 5th in GF. They are not an easy team to score against and are a top scoring team. Scary. Should be a doozy of a game.
I've been saying the big 4 in my mind since the start of the season are:

VAN, DET, in the west.
PHI, BOS, in the east.

BOS just added Peverley, Kelly, and Kaberle. They are going to make a huge push this year, a guy like Peverley is so underated it's sick. Same goes for Kelly.

The standings don't mean too much to me. In my eyes Boston is a true contender, if we can beat them it is a huge victory!

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 03:35 PM
  #11
King In The North
Sean Bennett
 
King In The North's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,350
vCash: 500
Very pleased if we win, but understandable if we lose. Boston has built to win the Cup now.

Take every opportunity to the net and capitalize. They are not invincible.

King In The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 04:04 PM
  #12
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500


just ****in win

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 04:24 PM
  #13
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 20,581
vCash: 500
Really looking forward to this game tonight. It's the first time we are playing with our new guys and they've had some practice time so it should be a good game.

I think we stack up well with each other. Kipper v. Thomas should be a great duel.

__________________
"I choose to focus on the things I CAN do and am passionate about." - Sam Berns

I am Boston Strong
6.15.11
4.15.13

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 04:27 PM
  #14
LightningStrikes
Moderator
SFY
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,265
vCash: 133
Is The Kipper starting?

LightningStrikes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 04:35 PM
  #15
CoRD
Rebizzle my Flizzle
 
CoRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the studio
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,546
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
Is The Kipper starting?
The Kipper is starting, yes.

CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 04:37 PM
  #16
haQ Loob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 243
vCash: 500
Jarome, Tangs, and Bourque all talked about how confident the locker room is these past several weeks, and even Hagman sounded positive after clearing waivers.

How come so many fans are being defeatist when it comes to the Bruins? The Flames just manhandled the Habs (who, by the way, have won 3 of 4 with the Bruins this year and are still in striking distance of the division lead). Sure, those wins were over the Bruins without their recent additions. But still. Did you hear the comments from Habs players after the Heritage Classic? "Whine whine bad ice whine whine frustrating weather whine whine not a skilled game whine whine got our a$$es handed to us whine whine whine." Excuses because they were owned.

With their consistency, confidence, and chemistry of late (and I think the cheapest top two forward lines for the production they're getting), I say if the Flames don't win it, they make it one of the hardest games Boston has this season.

At the very least, Jackman makes ol' man Thomas right crazy.


Last edited by haQ Loob: 02-22-2011 at 04:54 PM.
haQ Loob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 04:40 PM
  #17
CoRD
Rebizzle my Flizzle
 
CoRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the studio
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,546
vCash: 50
Boston just isn't showing the same chemistry the Flames have as of late, even when they won. With the new guys coming in and the fact the Bruins haven't won in Calgary in 13 years, I think we can take this one. I have a feeling it will take extra time though.

CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 04:43 PM
  #18
tmurfin
500g1000pts
 
tmurfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,299
vCash: 336
not sure why everyones being negative about this game, we can take em. LETS GO FLAMES!!

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 06:51 PM
  #19
mustange70
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 58
vCash: 500
the flames are a team that is having fun, the fans are into it, and there's chances during every game to see a sutter smile, toss in one of the hardest work ethics I've seen this team have in ages and you get a team that has the capability to beat any team in the league. Just whatever we do, don't let off the gas, in fact try to dent the floor underneath that gas pedal . . . every single night out there.

Go Flames Go!!

mustange70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 07:04 PM
  #20
Xelstyle
Registered User
 
Xelstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chair and a Desk
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,530
vCash: 500
Looking forward to seeing how the Flames match up against an unfamiliar opponent.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 07:07 PM
  #21
flames123
Registered User
 
flames123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kelowna
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
I have a feeling the Flames suffer from the post-Heritage Classic hangover, and may lose this one. At the very least, they'll probably come out a bit sluggish...
This is a veteran team, that is no excuse.

flames123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 08:03 PM
  #22
Signature
PEEP PEEP PARTY
 
Signature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 4,478
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by haQ Loob View Post
How come so many fans are being defeatist when it comes to the Bruins? The Flames just manhandled the Habs (who, by the way, have won 3 of 4 with the Bruins this year and are still in striking distance of the division lead). Sure, those wins were over the Bruins without their recent additions. But still. Did you hear the comments from Habs players after the Heritage Classic? "Whine whine bad ice whine whine frustrating weather whine whine not a skilled game whine whine got our a$$es handed to us whine whine whine." Excuses because they were owned.
.
There's nothing defeatist about stating the Boston has a stronger team on paper. And no matter what, while confidence is a good thing, being unaware of your opponent's strength and being overconfident will lead to a crushing loss.

I'm just acknowledging that the Flames should never be cocky, especially against powerhouses of teams that is Boston, Philly or Vancouver.

Signature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 08:09 PM
  #23
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
****... cmon boys get your **** together

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 08:15 PM
  #24
Steven
Registered User
 
Steven's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 676
vCash: 500
Am I the only one who's getting nothing on Sportsnet 1?...

Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 08:25 PM
  #25
Signature
PEEP PEEP PARTY
 
Signature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 4,478
vCash: 50
The Bruins aren't exactly playing a complicated game. Dump, cycle, back to the point, body in front of the net, shot from the point. They're playing the Flames style, but their skill level is head and shoulders above ours, or rather, they are very efficient in our zone. It's amazing to watch... effort-wise you can see the Flames are putting their far share, but that defence is damn impressive. Can't let them set up at the point like that.

Signature is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.