HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Will LA do anything or not?!

Old
02-22-2011, 09:59 PM
Beerfish

vCash: 500
Kings will make some moves for sure. Maybe not a huge A grade player in which the kings have to give up their A grade prospects but they'll make some moves.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 10:03 PM
SpooKy

Send a message via ICQ to SpooKy
If past history is any indicator of future trades, Lombardi will trade for a washed up former all-star that's injured or recovering from an injury. Then Dean will tell us about said players work ethic, commitment to winning, locker room presence, great breakout pass and past offensive accolades.

SpooKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 10:11 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post
Hagman is on waivers, so Lombardi can kill two birds with one stone. Get his top 6 forward and keep all his beloved prospects and picks.
A top 6 forward from the waiver wire?

YUP, sounds like a cup run to me.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 10:13 PM
tiger_80

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrForever View Post
A top 6 forward from the waiver wire?

YUP, sounds like a cup run to me.
No sense of sarcasm, I guess.

tiger_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 10:17 PM
Goallum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zal View Post
Yes, we'll trade for Halpern, Modin, Hagman.

Our GM can't trade any of our prospects/picks, since they'll all make the team, plus we'll have plenty roster space for all of them.
Too bad that 85% of them will then get benched or demoted because "the NHL game is coming too fast for them."

Goallum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2011, 10:18 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post
no sense of sarcasm, I guess.
I was trying to add to your already sarcastic post.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 12:35 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

I get frustrated as anyone at Lombardi not pulling the trigger sometimes but it seems when ever he trades a prospect or let's them go and brings in a veteran, I read.

Matt Moulson scored his 27th goal tonight

(Brain Boyle and Teddy Purcell are others.)

Those are the top 3 prospects the Kings have have let walk or traded in the past couple years. As madding as it is to see Lombardi not pulling the trigger. It's more madding to be in desperate need of a top scoring LW and see Moulson doing what he is doing.

The Kings are likely to be a 2nd round playoff team at best this season and there is no game changer on the market right now. So I don't see the Kings making any major deals... Maybe some minor moves. Marco Sturm was probably the biggest deal they will make.

Last edited by CTKingsFan: 02-23-2011 at 12:51 AM.
CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 09:08 AM
SkateFreak

There is a really HIGH chance DL will do nothing and prob will wait for the offseason

SkateFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 09:12 AM
Meanashell11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsanford View Post
6 more days of Schenn proposal's on the HF board
When his value is at an all time high. A year from now no one will even remember he played in the WJC. But DL will sit there and do nothing and Kings fans will be fine with that.

Meanashell11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 09:23 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulAssassin View Post
Big Kings fan, fan of DL, not so much of TM and his constant line changing BS. The last 2 years have been promising but we never seem to put the last couple pieces on the puzzle. Like our team, like that DL refuses to sacrifice the future, but at some point the future becomes the present.

Glaring hole a 1st line LW. Other spots would be our entire 4th line, along with a 6th defenceman.

Martinez as 6th or 7th D is fine as long as we have someone other then Harrold or Drewiskie to interchange.
Poni, Lewis, Westie, Richie dont cut it for me on the 4th. Ideally I see Sturm coming back and filling 3rd line LW if we can find a 1st line LW. That moves Clifford down. Maybe Richie or Lewis or even Poni can stay, but need a leader on that line, even if its just a rental. Reasoner? Steckel? Talbot? Or a player of similar ilk.

Jammed with D prospects. We have the ability to let them develop, no matter how long it takes. Hickey, Teubert, Voynov, Campbell, Forbort all in this group, but maybe one of the first 3 can be moved in a package.

What can we do? What players fit our needs that may be obtainable? Thoughts? Speculate away.
Dean Lombardi's history suggests not. You are correct, he has the ability to stockpile a team full of youth and talent - through patience - and losing (see Doughty 2nd, Schenn 5th, etc.). But, as in San Jose he doesn't seem to have the ability to make the deal that gets the team over the hump.

It took Wilson in SJ to acquire Thornton with all the assets DL stockpiled. DL loves his young guys to much and in many ways over values them.

As suggested, Moller, Teubert, Hickey, and to a lesser extent Simmonds and Clifford would be perfect bait to acquire the winger Kopitar needs. Instead DL won't pay the price and scrubs like Sturm and Ponikarovsky are brought in to fill holes they can't.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 09:27 AM
Fat Elvis

Poni to NYR for 3rd

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 09:31 AM
rockinghockey

I think that Penner is player that will fit well in your top 6 on LW, not going to put up Schenn I am more realistic than that. We need dman prospects and 1st round picks.

What about Forbort, Muzzin, 1st, you keep Schenn and we get our dman prospect.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 09:31 AM
the word*

I'm done with the Kings until Lombardi is shown the door.

Hes only good at one thing, convincing King's fans that all their prospects are elite future franchise type players. I guess it's a good thing someone does as every prominent hockey voice in the world doesn't.

Truth is this team is in a holding pattern of mediocrity, and will be until Lombardi is fired. Get a real GM that isn't such a wuss and the team can take that next step towards being a real team that can make the playoffs on a consistent basis.

Many experts were predicting the Kings to seriously compete in the playoffs. That's never going to happen with Lombardi. That much is clear.

the word* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 09:36 AM
kinghock

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I think that Penner is player that will fit well in your top 6 on LW, not going to put up Schenn I am more realistic than that. We need dman prospects and 1st round picks.

What about Forbort, Muzzin, 1st, you keep Schenn and we get our dman prospect.
Take Forbort out and we have a deal.

kinghock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 09:44 AM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
Just let it go. Nobody thought Moulson would be scoring this many goals.

Quote:
As suggested, Moller, Teubert, Hickey, and to a lesser extent Simmonds and Clifford would be perfect bait to acquire the winger Kopitar needs.
Perfect bait for what, a goal scoring winger? The price for Stewart and Neal was a young defensemen with NHL experience.

KingsFan7824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 10:03 AM
Kingler

IMO, the price will just get crazier and crazier. At this point i'm not sure i want DL to do anything of significant...which i'm afraid he's going to do. If a deal comes along and you can grab a 1st line winger, then go for it. But the chances of that now is unlikely

So, i would suggest DL go back to his dumpster diving mode...something like a Modin move for a 7th isn't bad. Go for a Zherdev or something like that. Hold on to your prospects/picks and go get someone in the off season where there will be more star players available for reasonable price

Kingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 10:55 AM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Dreger said that Lombardi/the Kings wanted Neal, but Dallas' price was J.J. I'm sure they are trying to improve their team, but why hurt it in the process?

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 11:00 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
As a fan I'd be disappointed if they didn't at least throw some trash out their to bring in some cheap rentals. It's only ownership's money at that point. Outside of maybe Ryan Smyth, LAK has yet to spend money to try to win. Sitting around with a bunch of cap space while other teams are making moves to acquire players from teams needing to make cap space or just simply sign a UFA to augment all that youthful talent could make the difference between playoffs and winning or not.

If Bernier is your goalie of the future, make that commitment and trade Quick to Florida for Vokoun. While you're at make it a larger deal and include Hickey a 1st and whatever else for Weiss.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 11:00 AM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by epic game View Post
I'm done with the Kings until Lombardi is shown the door.

Hes only good at one thing, convincing King's fans that all their prospects are elite future franchise type players. I guess it's a good thing someone does as every prominent hockey voice in the world doesn't.

Truth is this team is in a holding pattern of mediocrity, and will be until Lombardi is fired. Get a real GM that isn't such a wuss and the team can take that next step towards being a real team that can make the playoffs on a consistent basis.

Many experts were predicting the Kings to seriously compete in the playoffs. That's never going to happen with Lombardi. That much is clear.
Yes because Lombardi has done such a horrible job. He basically tore the whole organization down and rebuilt it from top to bottom and he's done that in 4 years.
It's posts like yours that proves that many fans don't pay attention to anything beyond the on ice product.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 11:03 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingOmatic View Post
I get frustrated as anyone at Lombardi not pulling the trigger sometimes but it seems when ever he trades a prospect or let's them go and brings in a veteran, I read.

(Brain Boyle and Teddy Purcell are others.)

Those are the top 3 prospects the Kings have have let walk or traded in the past couple years. As madding as it is to see Lombardi not pulling the trigger. It's more madding to be in desperate need of a top scoring LW and see Moulson doing what he is doing.

The Kings are likely to be a 2nd round playoff team at best this season and there is no game changer on the market right now. So I don't see the Kings making any major deals... Maybe some minor moves. Marco Sturm was probably the biggest deal they will make.

To be honest, Moulson, Purcell, Boyle didn't work on the Kings. Some day they didn't get their chance, but you can't act like they were amazing and we let them just walk. I mean seriously, would you have predicted their successes? It's easy to look in the past and say "why did we give up those players". Also, let's see Purcell and Boyle do it for more than 3/4 of a year.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 11:03 AM
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
Yes because Lombardi has done such a horrible job. He basically tore the whole organization down and rebuilt it from top to bottom and he's done that in 4 years.
It's posts like yours that proves that many fans don't pay attention to anything beyond the on ice product.
i agree

i remember people going ape #$%^ crazy at him for trading OS for JW. i went to LA board to post glowing things about JW and while injuries took their toll, he is starting to be the player he was before the injuries. there is still upside to him yet!

your GM does not get enough credit for bringing in this key player from CAR's cup win.

Blue Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 11:05 AM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Eric Iannicello View Post
I think MacArthur could be an option for LA if he doesn't re-up in Toronto.
Macarther only gets traded if it's an upgrade in TO and the Kings won't offer that. No deal here.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 11:13 AM
Moneypuck

It looks as though the Kings players themselves are waiting for help to arrive. Tied for 11th, how long can they afford to wait?

Moneypuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 11:17 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver ballet View Post
It looks as though the Kings players themselves are waiting for help to arrive. Tied for 11th, how long can they afford to wait?
What a weird way to look at the standings. Normally you would say, 4 teams tied for 8th. The Kings are in 8th right now, and with a win tonight against the Ducks, could be in 6th (or tied for 5th, but falling to the 6th due to the tiebreaker) and only 4 points out of 4th and 5 points out of the division lead. The Kings just came off a great road trip only losing one game in regulation out of 9 games. Then again, you can spin it any way you want to see it I guess.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 11:30 AM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver ballet View Post
Because getting points in 11 straight games is waiting for help?

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote