HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carter and Richards eligible for the Phantoms next season?

Closed Thread

Old
06-29-2004, 12:10 PM
GBailey93

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to GBailey93
Carter and Richards eligible for the Phantoms next season?

http://www.courierpostonline.com/new.../s062904c.html

According to Curran, the Canadian Hockey League agreement with the NHL, which prevents junior-age players from playing in the AHL, expired at the end of the 2003-04 season. Therefore, Curran believes there is nothing stopping Carter and Richards from beginning their pro careers with the Phantoms if there is an NHL work stoppage.

Old
06-29-2004, 12:14 PM
FearTheFlyers

Weird, i'm not sure about that.

Old
06-29-2004, 12:21 PM
SaveByHexy

Well I have a silly question.....If there is this rule about Carter not being able to play for the Phantoms, due to his age and all, then how was he able to play with them towards the end of this past season and playoff run?

Old
06-29-2004, 12:33 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Carter, or any other CHL player, can play for the AHL when their CHL team is done for the year. Richards would have played had he not been injured.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the CBA and how it affects the CHL. The CHL's focus will probably be to keep players in junior as long as possible.

Old
06-29-2004, 01:07 PM
blah

Quote:
Elsewhere, although the Flyers have said prospects Jeff Carter and Mike Richards will not be able to play for the Phantoms next season if there is an NHL work stoppage, Curran, who represents Carter, believes they can.

According to Curran, the Canadian Hockey League agreement with the NHL, which prevents junior-age players from playing in the AHL, expired at the end of the 2003-04 season. Therefore, Curran believes there is nothing stopping Carter and Richards from beginning their pro careers with the Phantoms if there is an NHL work stoppage.
If that's true they need to try and get both of them down there ASAP.

Old
06-29-2004, 03:18 PM
Toonces
The beer kitty

If they can somehow get them on the Phantoms, then it's a no brainer.

Old
07-03-2004, 11:07 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

can you imagine a Phantoms team with Jeff Carter, Mike Richards, Ben Eager, RJ Umberger, Rosario Ruggeri and possibly Stefan Ruzika?
would be a tad bit young, but probably entertaining as it gets

Old
07-03-2004, 11:15 PM
stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amonte11Scores
Well I have a silly question.....If there is this rule about Carter not being able to play for the Phantoms, due to his age and all, then how was he able to play with them towards the end of this past season and playoff run?
That is silly.

I know he was signed to a try-out contract. Check out the CBA link on the letsgopens.com website. I'd look for you, but I just finished by pitcher of margartias and have to go make another.

Old
07-04-2004, 11:45 AM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley
That is silly.

I know he was signed to a try-out contract. Check out the CBA link on the letsgopens.com website. I'd look for you, but I just finished by pitcher of margartias and have to go make another.
Like the other poster said, once a players Junior team gets eliminated the player can play in the AHL for the rest of that season.

Old
07-05-2004, 08:06 PM
IAMCANADIAN

Just a question?

I know Carter & Richards are very highly rated prospects, but how come no one ever mentions Ruzicka. I think he should be mentionned right up there with the other two.

We are very deep down the middle (current players & prospects) but if you look at the wings it's Ruzicka and...

I have never seen him play but from what I've read he's very good and will only get better.

...just a question

Old
07-05-2004, 08:18 PM
FlyersFan10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMCANADIAN
Just a question?

I know Carter & Richards are very highly rated prospects, but how come no one ever mentions Ruzicka. I think he should be mentioned right up there with the other two.
Ruzicka isn't mentioned as much as Carter or Richards simply because he isn't as heralded as the two. Remember, Carter and Richards were first round picks and Ruzicka was a third round pick. Of course, the focus is going to be on the first round picks, and rightfully so. However, don't you worry about the wings. I know that Umberger is probably going to be moved to the wing and Eager will be there. However, the player I'm most excited about who will probably be moving to the wing is Ryan Potulny. This is kid is going to be a VERY good player and that our wing situation isn't as bad as it seems. Hopefully though no one in the organization will screw around with Carter and Richards and leave them in their natural positions. I'm still going out on a limb and will say that Richards will probably end up being the better player of the two, Carter will be more prolific when it comes to scoring. Either way, we have two very good centerman and some pretty good wingers. Either way, we'll be ok.

Old
07-05-2004, 08:48 PM
Pontifex Maximus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan10
Ruzicka isn't mentioned as much as Carter or Richards simply because he isn't as heralded as the two. Remember, Carter and Richards were first round picks and Ruzicka was a third round pick. Of course, the focus is going to be on the first round picks, and rightfully so. However, don't you worry about the wings. I know that Umberger is probably going to be moved to the wing and Eager will be there. However, the player I'm most excited about who will probably be moving to the wing is Ryan Potulny. This is kid is going to be a VERY good player and that our wing situation isn't as bad as it seems. Hopefully though no one in the organization will screw around with Carter and Richards and leave them in their natural positions. I'm still going out on a limb and will say that Richards will probably end up being the better player of the two, Carter will be more prolific when it comes to scoring. Either way, we have two very good centerman and some pretty good wingers. Either way, we'll be ok.
I way I see it is if all the players live up to their potential, we have this down the middle:

Carter
Richards
Potulny
Sharp

Carter will be a #1 center in this league. Richards probably could too but will certainly at least be a #2 guy. Potulny has potential to be a #2 but will be great at #3. Sharp is a toss up. Next season will be a huge indicator of his potential. But at the very least he will be a great #4.

But these players might start out at different positions depending on the curcumstances.

Old
07-05-2004, 08:50 PM
Pontifex Maximus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMCANADIAN
Just a question?

I know Carter & Richards are very highly rated prospects, but how come no one ever mentions Ruzicka. I think he should be mentionned right up there with the other two.

We are very deep down the middle (current players & prospects) but if you look at the wings it's Ruzicka and...

I have never seen him play but from what I've read he's very good and will only get better.

...just a question
Carter and Richards are sure-bets. Ruzicka could be a great #1 RW though. I could definitely see a Gagne-Carter-Ruzicka line.

Old
07-05-2004, 08:52 PM
Bennevol10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus
I way I see it is if all the players live up to their potential, we have this down the middle:

Carter
Richards
Potulny
Sharp

Carter will be a #1 center in this league. Richards probably could too but will certainly at least be a #2 guy. Potulny has potential to be a #2 but will be great at #3. Sharp is a toss up. Next season will be a huge indicator of his potential. But at the very least he will be a great #4.

But these players might start out at different positions depending on the curcumstances.
Either you are the Hockey psychic out there or Best Scout NHL don't have ... I will just leave it that way...

Old
07-05-2004, 08:58 PM
Pontifex Maximus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennevol10
Either you are the Hockey psychic out there or Best Scout NHL don't have ... I will just leave it that way...
Explain?

The entire theory was dependant on those players living up to their full potential. Except for perhaps Sharp (he has more potential that #4) that's pretty accurate. So where's your gripe?

Closed Thread