HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor/edm

Old
02-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeaf View Post
LOL. I can't believe how much Kadri is underrated on these boards. He has the highest PPG of any rookie in the AHL, and is 20 years old. In his last 12 junior games for the knights in the playoffs he put up 27 points. He's clutch and has crazy talent with the puck.

On a side note, Penner sucks.
It's not underrating. It's ignorance. You can underrate if you know how he plays, which most of the ppl here don't.

Penner isn't worth Kadri. We'll keep happily keep him.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 05:36 PM
REALTALK81
Pro Log Driver

Kadri is going to be a good NHLer IMO & the Leafs have mortgaged their future for far to long. Schenn, Kadri, Gunnarsson, Aulie, Reimer should be with the org for a long time. Truth is the Leafs need more young forwards. Something Edmonton is chalk full of and the Oilers need young defensemen which the Leafs have. That would be a trade that would benefit both teams but if your an Oil fan you wouldn't dream of trading one of your many next Gretzkys for one of the many next Aki Bergs but thats what fans do with their fav teams. Overrate and underrate. Omark would cost Schenn + & Schenn would cost Hall + with neither having an accurate value of the respective players.

REALTALK81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 05:40 PM
DousedInOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkinfeller View Post
I agree with most of your statement, The Leafs are starting to add a few prospects to what has been an otherwise bare cupboard with the exception of Schenn and Kadri. I don't agree that Oilers fans are too hard on their prospects, Any mention of Hall, Eberle, MPS, or your 1st this Summer, in any proposal posted by a fan of an opposing team is met with fervent protest from Oilers fans.

I think you would be hard pressed to find any team that was willing to negotiate deals for their top prospects (L.A - Schenn, EDM - Hall, Eberle, Bos - Seguin,), and you can include the Leafs and Kadri -- unless there is another bluechip prospect, or a legit #1 center returning.
To compare Kadri to Taylor Hall and what should be the 1st overall pick in the 2011 is unfair. Both hold much more value. Sure, Edmonton loves both assets but no one is saying Hall is the next ovechkin or anything.

When it comes down to it the odds of Kadri being as good as Hall/Couturier are slim. I mean that they underrate them for what they are capable of (not saying that our kids suck).

DousedInOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 05:46 PM
LolungoReboundo
LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
lol at leafs fans insulting oilers

finishing last and drafting first >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>finishing bottom 5 and drafting 30th while keeping boston powerful for years to come
I see finishing last or close to last has really worked out for florida and columbus. I also see that top picks make u powerful which is why detroit has i think 12 first overalls in their line up?

LolungoReboundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 05:49 PM
Schennanigans
HFBoards Sponsor

No thanks. Not a fan of Penner. Definitely wouldn't trade Kadri for him.

Schennanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 05:52 PM
Eberle2Hall2Net*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsingh View Post
I see finishing last or close to last has really worked out for florida and columbus. I also see that top picks make u powerful which is why detroit has i think 12 first overalls in their line up?
Finishing last has worked out for Pens and there powerfull and oilers will be MUCH better then leafs in years to come so.... Shutup

Eberle2Hall2Net* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 05:57 PM
sniper81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summary View Post
Great plan, as we all know every prospect works out perfectly according to plan and patience isn't a hard thing for fanbases in pro sports
very true. point per game in the ahl and improving everygame. should probably just trade him and colborne rather than waiting and seeing where they are at at the start of next season......

sniper81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 06:08 PM
EucaLEAFtys

Why in the bloody blue blazes would the Leafs want to trade away either Kadri or Colborne at this point in time when they don't really know yet what they've got in the two young center prospects?

Also, they just recently acquired Colborne to improve their prospect pool and to provide some competition in the center position. Organizationally, the Leafs are pathetically weak at the center position. Just because the Leafs now have Colborne in their system, it doesn't mean that they're suddenly just going to throw Kadri out with the bath-water. Hell, the Leafs don't even know what forward position Kadri is best suited for yet. He could remain a center going forward, or he could be better as a left winger. That takes time to figure out, and the Leafs will take the necessary time for Kadri (and all of the other prospects, for that matter) to develop properly and at their own pace.

The Leafs are basically in the same situation as the Oilers - that is to say re-building with younger players - and need to hold onto the few high-end prospects that they currently have, and that includes Kadri.

The Leafs and Oilers are looking for the same things, which makes them bad trading partners.

EucaLEAFtys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 06:12 PM
Man Bear Pig

Why would we deal away one of the better prospects around for Penner? Kadri has been developing nicely, putting up a ppg at the AHL level at age 20. Funny how people think he's just a meh prospect. Try watching the kid play instead of just saying ignorant things like you know anything about him. The Leafs hate around here is crazy. No way in hell I'd deal Kadri for Penner. If this were the case then I guess MacArthur is worth Eberle.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 06:18 PM
thinkinfeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DousedInOil View Post
To compare Kadri to Taylor Hall and what should be the 1st overall pick in the 2011 is unfair. Both hold much more value. Sure, Edmonton loves both assets but no one is saying Hall is the next ovechkin or anything.

When it comes down to it the odds of Kadri being as good as Hall/Couturier are slim. I mean that they underrate them for what they are capable of (not saying that our kids suck).
You seem to have completely misunderstood my post. I was not comparing talent or market value, in fact I really wasn't comparing anything at all. Kadri is important to the TML rebuild, Hall is important to the Oilers rebuild, I fail to see how you took that to mean Kadri = Hall.

The Leafs seem committed to developing the players that they are successful in drafting, Kadri is one of those players, and hopes are high in Leaf land.... we'll keep him unless an offer is made for a #1 center, or another bluechipper who better addresses our needs.

thinkinfeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 06:35 PM
seanlinden

Kadri, Colborne, Gardiner and Blacker are practically untouchable for a guy like Penner.

The best single future asset we could give up for a guy who isn't that young would be one of the first round picks. If Penner is available, Burke should pursue him (whether or not he would is another question), and offer something like Edmonton's choice of one of the two first round picks + a mediocre defensive prospect. If that gets him -- great. If not, it just doesn't make sense for us to make that trade.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 06:37 PM
dubey
So hot right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post
Nope. Simmons has a brain.
hahahaha

Wait, are you talking about Steve Simmons - reporter for the Toronto Sun?

I hope not.

dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 06:38 PM
93gilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eberle2Hall2Net View Post
Leafs want penner and i think kadri would be a great fit in edmonton add some picks in and the value could be there. what do you leaf fans think about trading kadri to gain penner?
http://ble ache rreport.com/articles/617665-nhl-trade-rumors-brian-burke-looking-at-dustin-penner-what-would-we-give-up

Take out the spaces. idk how to make it as al ink without it coming out as ****** Mod can fix pls
penner for kadri is a joke right

93gilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 07:06 PM
Homesick

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Kadri isn't a very good fit for EDM.
Neither was Rob Schremp. I really don't want to go through that pain again

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 07:07 PM
BudMaster17
Gap Inspector

No thanks, give Kadri two years and his value will be way higher then Penners. Kadri has kicked it up another level the last few months and has become ppg player on the Marlies, let's just sit back and watch the 20 year old develop into a top 6 player.

BudMaster17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 07:10 PM
kb

Quote:
why not? at this point penners much better then kadri and kadri doesnt even get a chance in toronto and now that you added Joe Colborne parting with kadri might make some sense to fix your top 6 ?
Well, for those who are totally uninformed, Kadri is still OHL eligible this year but playing in the AHL and averaging a point per game. So the same could have been said about Eberle last year (not getting a chance)......would you trade Eberle+ for Penner if Penner was on the Leafs? I didn't think so.

Edmonton would have to add if Kadri was going the other way.

kb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 07:11 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Kadri wont help the leafs as much as penner would. + picks to make it fair for both sides.
Not right now but in a year or two Kadri could be a much better player. That is a chance Leaf fans are willing to take.

Would you deal Eberle for Penner? Penner is better right now. <-- ha ha just noticed the post above.

Anywho...how 'bout McArthur for Eberle....McArthur is playing better right now. Thought not.

Carry on.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 07:12 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner747 View Post
DamoSpin Damien Cox
Cross off Penner to Leafs speculation. TOR apparently not interested.

/thread
Well Dreger has said the Leafs ARE interested in Penner so that shows you what Cox knows right there

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 07:13 PM
htpwn

If Kadri goes to Edmonton, Eberle or MPS comes back. End of story.

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 07:14 PM
Schennanigans
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by htpwn View Post
We wouldn't take MPS. We passed on him for a reason.

Schennanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 07:15 PM
AlMo

Quote:
why not? at this point penners much better then kadri and kadri doesnt even get a chance in toronto and now that you added Joe Colborne parting with kadri might make some sense to fix your top 6 ?
Clarke MacArthur is better than MPS right now.......you wanna make the trade?

The Leafs are not trading Kadri for Dustin ****in Penner

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 07:15 PM
htpwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
Well Dreger has said the Leafs ARE interested in Penner so that shows you what Cox knows right there
Did he? I could have sworn he was saying it more in a speculative sense, like "Penner looks like a player the Leafs would target due to their lack of size up front."

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 07:17 PM
CSimpson18

Quote:
Originally Posted by htpwn View Post

Kadri may be a nice prospect but MPS and Eberle have passed him in value.

CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 07:18 PM
CSimpson18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schennanigans View Post
We wouldn't take MPS. We passed on him for a reason.
Poor scouting?

CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 07:21 PM
Theron
#beauty

Send a message via ICQ to Theron Send a message via AIM to Theron Send a message via MSN to Theron Send a message via Yahoo to Theron Send a message via Skype™ to Theron
Quote:
Finishing last has worked out for Pens and there powerfull and oilers will be MUCH better then leafs in years to come so.... Shutup
well they won a lottery to get sid. but yeah do the oilers plan on another 2 years of finishing at the bottom?

Theron is offline   Reply With Quote