HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor/edm

Old
02-23-2011, 06:23 PM
93gilmour93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
Well Dreger has said the Leafs ARE interested in Penner so that shows you what Cox knows right there
no he didn't. he said the leafs COULD have interest in penner since he played for burke in anaheim but it sounds more like they DON'T have any interest. right now edmonton is trying to get a overpayment in a penner trade and who can blame them for trying but G.M.'s won't pay the stupid asking price.

93gilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 06:25 PM
htpwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post

Kadri may be a nice prospect but MPS and Eberle have passed him in value.
Perhaps you didn't understand me. I don't care what Kadri's value is to the Oilers. If they do want him, MPS or Eberle (or Hall, but for obvious reasons...etc.) comes back or Burke hangs up the phone.

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 06:26 PM
kb

Quote:

Kadri may be a nice prospect but MPS and Eberle have passed him in value.
Oh brother....homer much?

kb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 06:27 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb View Post
Well, for those who are totally uninformed, Kadri is still OHL eligible this year but playing in the AHL and averaging a point per game. So the same could have been said about Eberle last year (not getting a chance)......would you trade Eberle+ for Penner if Penner was on the Leafs? I didn't think so.

Edmonton would have to add if Kadri was going the other way.
One players value has sky rocketed since being drafted(WJHC hero, WC, CHL POY), and the other(Kadri) has not. See the difference? Granted Eberle is a wopping 5 months older so his development should be years ahead of Kadri. As for MPS, he was also the WC LW All-Star, and has stuck in the NHL.
No thanks to Robbie Schremp2.0

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 06:27 PM
CSimpson18

Quote:
Oh brother....homer much?
So you're claiming that gms around the league would take Kadri over Pajaarvi or Eberle? I want to hear you justify that claim.

CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 06:28 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

I would consider giving up on being a leaf fan if kadri was traded for penner.

MacArthur for Eberle sounds like a great idea.

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 06:33 PM
Schennanigans
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Poor scouting?
So your saying he's a bust already? MPS is no more valuable than Kadri. Oiler fans.

Schennanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 06:33 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
Leafs don't want Penner according to Damien Cox

And apparently the price on Penner is "laughable"
Cox had better know more about the Leafs than he does the Oilers or he'd be better at flipping burgers than offering "insider" information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by htpwn View Post
If Kadri goes to Edmonton, Eberle or MPS comes back. End of story.
That's pretty funny! Kadri would probably be our 6th or 7th ranked prospect yet you want our #2 or #3 rated prospects for him?

Our prospects that I would take over Kadri:

Hall
Eberle
Paajarvi
Pitlick
Marincin
Petry

The top 3 don't need explanation, Pitlick has more size, Marincin looks like a potential stud d-man, and Petry will be a top 4 d-man for us next year and maybe on our top pairing. I get that you guys covet Kadri because there isn't much in the cupboard (congrats on adding Colborne hopefully he pans out for you) but saying that we'd have to trade Paajarvi or Eberle for Kadri is going overboard.

02-23-2011, 06:35 PM
kb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
One players value has sky rocketed since being drafted(WJHC hero, CHL POY), and the other(Kadri) has not. See the difference? Granted Eberle is a wopping 5 months older so his development should be years ahead of Eberle.
No thanks to Robbie Schremp2.0
Really? Opinion of a Oiler homer stated as fact....laughable. Eberle is smaller, slower, older, and much softer. Hey - Justin Azevedo was CHL POY too - guess that makes him better than Kadri too?

Old
02-23-2011, 06:35 PM
kb

Quote:
So you're claiming that gms around the league would take Kadri over Pajaarvi or Eberle? I want to hear you justify that claim.
I would like to to show me where anyone in the know would take those 2 over Kadri. Can you? Next....

Old
02-23-2011, 06:37 PM
dubey
The Best (per IIHF)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Cox had better know more about the Leafs than he does the Oilers or he'd be better at flipping burgers than offering "insider" information.

That's pretty funny! Kadri would probably be our 6th or 7th ranked prospect yet you want our #2 or #3 rated prospects for him?
There will come a time where you have to let go and stop considering Hemsky, Gagner, and Cogliano prospects.

dubey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 06:37 PM
kb

Quote:

No funnier that a moderator who thinks that the Oilers prospects are all Gretzky's, and all other prospects are crap....

Old
02-23-2011, 06:38 PM
RogerRoeper*

We're not trading Kadri for Penner.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 06:38 PM
CSimpson18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schennanigans View Post
So your saying he's a bust already? MPS is no more valuable than Kadri. Oiler fans.
No, I'm saying he's not as good as PRV now and likely won't ever be. Doesn't make him a bust.

Quote:
Really? Opinion of a Oiler homer stated as fact....laughable. Eberle is smaller, slower, older, and much softer. Hey - Justin Azevedo was CHL POY too - guess that makes him better than Kadri too?

Hehe, a guy claiming Kadri is better than Eberle and then calling Oiler fans homers. You sir have discovered an entirely new level of delusion.

Old
02-23-2011, 06:40 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeaf View Post
LOL. I can't believe how much Kadri is underrated on these boards. He has the highest PPG of any rookie in the AHL, and is 20 years old. In his last 12 junior games for the knights in the playoffs he put up 27 points. He's clutch and has crazy talent with the puck.

On a side note, Penner sucks.
Kadri is ridiculously underrated here.

Old
02-23-2011, 06:40 PM
kb

Quote:
No, I'm saying he's not as good as PRV now and likely won't ever be. Doesn't make him a bust.

Hehe, a guy claiming Kadri is better than Eberle and then calling Oiler fans homers. You sir have discovered an entirely new level of delusion.
Eberle is more developed at this stage, and please point out where I actually said Kadri is better? I'm pointing out things that are fact. Sorry, delusional is your domain, not mine.

Old
02-23-2011, 06:41 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
I would like to to show me where anyone in the know would take those 2 over Kadri. Can you? Next....
All Gm's not named Burke would take Eberle.

nabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 06:41 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
There comes a time where you have to let go and stop considering Hemsky, Gagner, and Cogliano prospects.
None of them are included, I just edited my post to tell you who I would take over Nazem.

Quote:
No funnier that a moderator who thinks that the Oilers prospects are all Gretzky's, and all other prospects are crap....
Check the list, apparently some of you think that Kadri is > Paajarvi I really don't think so, Paajarvi is miles better defensively, bigger, faster, and projects to be a stud on the wing. Kadri might end up as good as Gagner, hold me back.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 06:42 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:

Hall
Eberle
Paajarvi
Pitlick
Marincin
Petry

The top 3 don't need explanation, Pitlick has more size, Marincin looks like a potential stud d-man, and Petry will be a top 4 d-man for us next year and maybe on our top pairing. I get that you guys covet Kadri because there isn't much in the cupboard (congrats on adding Colborne hopefully he pans out for you) but saying that we'd have to trade Paajarvi or Eberle for Kadri is going overboard.

Thanks for the laugh buddy.

Old
02-23-2011, 06:42 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
We're not trading Kadri for Penner.
Fair enough, that said I don't see where he fits with us long term anyway especially if we keep Gagner around.

Old
02-23-2011, 06:43 PM
Pulp Fiction
RIP Wade Belak

Quote:

Hall
Eberle
Paajarvi
Pitlick
Marincin
Petry

I get that you'd rather have Hall, Ebs, and probably MPS over Kadri, but Pitlick, Marincin, and Petry? You can't be serious.

Pulp Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 06:43 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Thanks for the laugh buddy.
You're welcome, glad that I could bring some sunshine to your life

Old
02-23-2011, 06:44 PM
kb

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post
Ah...please provide proof of this, or it is yet another useless opinion.

Old
02-23-2011, 06:44 PM
CSimpson18

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post
Wrong. Burke would take Eberle.

Old
02-23-2011, 06:46 PM
kb

Quote:
None of them are included, I just edited my post to tell you who I would take over Nazem.

Check the list, apparently some of you think that Kadri is > Paajarvi I really don't think so, Paajarvi is miles better defensively, bigger, faster, and projects to be a stud on the wing. Kadri might end up as good as Gagner, hold me back.
Wow....some list. Thanks for the laugh!!! I'm glad you would - all Gretzky's on there, as I suspected. I seriously doubt many scouts outside of Edmonton's even know who most of those kids are....