HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor/edm

Old
02-23-2011, 06:47 PM
Bryanbryoil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezzie11 View Post
I get that you'd rather have Hall, Ebs, and probably MPS over Kadri, but Pitlick, Marincin, and Petry? You can't be serious.
Very serious, I for one have never been a big Kadri fan, Kadri might be a 2nd line center while Pitlick might not get to be a 2nd line center having to watch smallish centers like Kadri and Gagner get manhandled it really makes me shy away from these types of players unless they have elite skill, speed, or strength for their size. Marincin is among the leaders in WHL D scoring, is 6'4" tall, skates very well, and he has a great stick defensively. Petry is 6'3" skates and passed very well and he has a pretty big shot. I value all of these players over Kadri for my personal reasons for how I want my team built up.

02-23-2011, 06:49 PM
Megan Fox
ლ(◉◞౪◟◉ )ლ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
You're welcome, glad that I could bring some sunshine to your life
If I troll you, do I become you?

Megan Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 06:49 PM
kb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
Wrong. Burke would take Eberle.
Quote? Link? Oh no, more useless opinion. Yayyyy....

kb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 06:50 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb View Post
Wow....some list. Thanks for the laugh!!! I'm glad you would - all Gretzky's on there, as I suspected. I seriously doubt many scouts outside of Edmonton's even know who most of those kids are....
Not all Gretzky's, not even close there's only one young center that a particular fanbase feels is "the next one" and he currently plays for the Marlies If scouts don't know who Pitlick, Petry, and Marincin are then they need to be fired.

Bryanbryoil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 06:52 PM
Pulp Fiction
RIP Wade Belak

Quote:
Very serious, I for one have never been a big Kadri fan, Kadri might be a 2nd line center while Pitlick might not get to be a 2nd line center having to watch smallish centers like Kadri and Gagner get manhandled it really makes me shy away from these types of players unless they have elite skill, speed, or strength for their size. Marincin is among the leaders in WHL D scoring, is 6'4" tall, skates very well, and he has a great stick defensively. Petry is 6'3" skates and passed very well and he has a pretty big shot. I value all of these players over Kadri for my personal reasons for how I want my team built up.
For the bolded part: Colborne

So maybe to the Oilers those players are more valuable, but there's absolutely no way that Marincin, Petry, or Pitlick would garner more in a trade then Kadri.

Pulp Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 06:53 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan Fox View Post
If I troll you, do I become you?
Who is trolling? I stated my personal opinion, it might not jive with yours but just because I'm not high on Kadri it doesn't mean that I am trolling. Honestly I'd rather have Colborne than Kadri, because if he pans out we could sure use some size down the middle.

Quote:
Quote? Link? Oh no, more useless opinion. Yayyyy....
So why is his opinion any more useless than yours? I honestly would be surprised if there were a GM in the league that would take Kadri over Eberle. That said I can't prove that to be true nor could you prove it to be false.

Old
02-23-2011, 06:53 PM
kb

Quote:
Kadri is listed at 6'0' or 6'1", 188. What???

Old
02-23-2011, 06:56 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

surprise surprise; everyone seems to have an opinion!

We are now talking about trade value of prospects that aren't going to get traded. What's the point here.

The true value/impact of these prospects won't be known to either team for years to come. Endless arguments gets nowhere.

jmart21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 06:56 PM
Theron
#beauty

Send a message via ICQ to Theron Send a message via AIM to Theron Send a message via MSN to Theron Send a message via Yahoo to Theron Send a message via Skype™ to Theron
Quote:
lol yea so I guess mike richards is small too

Theron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezzie11 View Post
For the bolded part: Colborne

So maybe to the Oilers those players are more valuable, but there's absolutely no way that Marincin, Petry, or Pitlick would garner more in a trade then Kadri.
I just stated in another post that I'd prefer rolling the dice with Colborne than trading for Kadri. As for the trade return that would depend on the teams particular needs and what their scouts see in each player. With all of this being said Kadri's ppg pace is impressive for a 20 year old kid, don't get me wrong he would have nice trade value if a team was looking for a young potential 2nd line center with an outside shot of being a 1st line C. He's just not something that my team could use as long as Gagner is here.

Old
02-23-2011, 07:00 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
He sure looked small when I saw him up with the Leafs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theron View Post
lol yea so I guess mike richards is small too
Yeah because Kadri is as strong and tough as Richards.

Old
02-23-2011, 07:02 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
I just stated in another post that I'd prefer rolling the dice with Colborne than trading for Kadri. As for the trade return that would depend on the teams particular needs and what their scouts see in each player. With all of this being said Kadri's ppg pace is impressive for a 20 year old kid, don't get me wrong he would have nice trade value if a team was looking for a young potential 2nd line center with an outside shot of being a 1st line C. He's just not something that my team could use as long as Gagner is here.
Like I said; not going to get into a prospect debate. But I am personally bookmarking that post

jmart21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 07:05 PM
kb

Quote:
Not all Gretzky's, not even close there's only one young center that a particular fanbase feels is "the next one" and he currently plays for the Marlies If scouts don't know who Pitlick, Petry, and Marincin are then they need to be fired.
Next one? Hardly. No one said that, it is yet another Strawman argument. Amazes me how every teams top prospects are considered way better than ours with zero evidence - except the ramblings of a bunch of homers.

Sorry, the Leafs are set up just fine with Kadri, Gardiner, Colborne, and Blacker....not to mention D'Amigo, Ross, McKegg, Olden, Nicholls - plus Reimer, Rynnas, and Scrivens between the pipes.

We are sitting just fine. We'll keep Kadri - you keep yours. We'll see in 5 years - the truth will come out.

Old
02-23-2011, 07:09 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
If Kadri met his potential it would be great for Edmonton... and hilarious for the Leafs...what else is new?

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 07:16 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
Like I said; not going to get into a prospect debate. But I am personally bookmarking that post
Quote:
Next one? Hardly. No one said that, it is yet another Strawman argument. Amazes me how every teams top prospects are considered way better than ours with zero evidence - except the ramblings of a bunch of homers.

Sorry, the Leafs are set up just fine with Kadri, Gardiner, Colborne, and Blacker....not to mention D'Amigo, Ross, McKegg, Olden, Nicholls - plus Reimer, Rynnas, and Scrivens between the pipes.

We are sitting just fine. We'll keep Kadri - you keep yours. We'll see in 5 years - the truth will come out.
Fair enough guys, best of luck going forward.

Old
02-23-2011, 07:17 PM
thinkinfeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
If Kadri met his potential it would be great for Edmonton... and hilarious for the Leafs...what else is new?
It would be hilarious for the Leafs because he will still be part of our team, not sure I understand the benefit for Edmonton though?

thinkinfeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 07:20 PM
Eytinge

No thanks. Kadri isn't what we need on this team. Would rather trade for Colborne or draft Couturier. We don't need another smallish center. Especially one that IMO has questionable finish based on my views of him in the WJC and the NHL.

Also lol @ the leaf fan that said Kadri>Eberle/MPS. Maybe a debate could be made for MPS(not that I'd buy it anyways) but Eberle is light years better than Kadri. Not even close.

Last edited by Eytinge: 02-23-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 07:32 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Eytinge "Also lol @ the leaf fan that said Kadri>Eberle/MPS. Maybe a debate could be made for MPS(not that I'd buy it anyways) but Eberle is light years better than Kadri. Not even close."

Countless polls were created comparing Kadri to Edmonton's prospects before November. Vs Hall, Vs MPs and Vs Eberle Kadri was blown away.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 07:48 PM
Theron
#beauty

Send a message via ICQ to Theron Send a message via AIM to Theron Send a message via MSN to Theron Send a message via Yahoo to Theron Send a message via Skype™ to Theron
Quote:
He sure looked small when I saw him up with the Leafs.

Yeah because Kadri is as strong and tough as Richards.
who said that? you said he was small.. he's a couple pounds below richards build right now and he's 5 years younger.. he's bound to fill out.

and he has added some toughness to his game.

would I trade Kadri for Eberle though? you bet your ass I would... over MSP? no, I think they both have similar upside but our need is a center atm..

Theron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 07:50 PM
Kevin Malone

Quote:
Cox had better know more about the Leafs than he does the Oilers or he'd be better at flipping burgers than offering "insider" information.

That's pretty funny! Kadri would probably be our 6th or 7th ranked prospect yet you want our #2 or #3 rated prospects for him?

Our prospects that I would take over Kadri:

Hall
Eberle
Paajarvi
Pitlick
Marincin
Petry

The top 3 don't need explanation, Pitlick has more size, Marincin looks like a potential stud d-man, and Petry will be a top 4 d-man for us next year and maybe on our top pairing. I get that you guys covet Kadri because there isn't much in the cupboard (congrats on adding Colborne hopefully he pans out for you) but saying that we'd have to trade Paajarvi or Eberle for Kadri is going overboard.
Wow I guess they are letting the biggest homers on this site be mods now.

I don't know how you could even say that with a straight face. The Oilers and Leafs are my two favorite teams but you are certainly out to lunch with that assessment.

I have watched a lot of Oiler games and while I would definately take Ebs over Kadri, MPS is debatable. IMO he should be in the AHL working on his game. While he's shown flashes he's been fairly underwhelming for large stretches. He actually reminds me quite a bit of Maxim Afinogenov.

So because Pitlick has more size he's a better prospect? Ok....

Marancin looks like a potential stud. Key word there is potential, which is what every homer says about their prospects

Petry is 23 and has played 3 NHL games. How in the world you have him above Kadri I have no idea.

I'm not even that big of a Kadri fan but the homerism in this post is ridiculous.

Kevin Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 07:52 PM
oil4life14

The Leafs can keep Kadri. The Oilers do not need another small forward.

oil4life14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 07:57 PM
Cooperalls
Oiler Fan!!!

From the 3 Marlies/Moose games I've been to, Kadri "looks" small out there. Don't get me wrong, he runs around the ice with the best of them. But he looks like a kid out of junior out there right now. (which in all fairness, he is.) He'll need to find his niche in the NHL. I just don't think his game translates well in the big league. (at the moment.)

Cooperalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 07:57 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Malone View Post
Wow I guess they are letting the biggest homers on this site be mods now.

I don't know how you could even say that with a straight face. The Oilers and Leafs are my two favorite teams but you are certainly out to lunch with that assessment.

I have watched a lot of Oiler games and while I would definately take Ebs over Kadri, MPS is debatable. IMO he should be in the AHL working on his game. While he's shown flashes he's been fairly underwhelming for large stretches. He actually reminds me quite a bit of Maxim Afinogenov.

So because Pitlick has more size he's a better prospect? Ok....

Marancin looks like a potential stud. Key word there is potential, which is what every homer says about their prospects

Petry is 23 and has played 3 NHL games. How in the world you have him above Kadri I have no idea.

I'm not even that big of a Kadri fan but the homerism in this post is ridiculous.
I would take Kadri over Pitlick but not Petry or Marincin. Petry has played more than 3 NHL games btw, and spent 3 years in he NCAA. He also I believe was the highest scoring rookie defender in the AHL before he got called up. Yup, I'd take him over Kadri.

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theron View Post
who said that? you said he was small.. he's a couple pounds below richards build right now and he's 5 years younger.. he's bound to fill out.

and he has added some toughness to his game.

would I trade Kadri for Eberle though? you bet your ass I would... over MSP? no, I think they both have similar upside but our need is a center atm..
He is lanky and didn't look very big, IMO he looked more like he was 6' than 6'1" IMO. That said he may/may not fill out a lot, some players never do, others get really thick, it depends on their genetics and their dedication off the ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil4life34 View Post
The Leafs can keep Kadri. The Oilers do not need another small forward.
That's just it the Oilers need a guy like Pitlick more than the Leafs do and the Leafs need a guy like Kadri more than we do. IMO we both could use a Colborne if he pans out, hopefully Martindale can one day be that guy for us.

Old
02-23-2011, 08:02 PM
Volcanologist
Used Register

Oilers can keep him. Penner's a nice player but I think Burke is looking for younger guys.

Volcanologist is offline   Reply With Quote