HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New top 20 list - post draft

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-01-2004, 10:22 AM
  #1
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,276
vCash: 500
New top 20 list - post draft

I'm not doing any more polls, so I want everyone to post their OWN top 20 and then we can make a composite top 20 list...the new list will probably mean Daniel Widing and Darren Haydar are off the list.

Joe T Choker is offline  
Old
07-01-2004, 01:31 PM
  #2
WuRtZLeSs
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,929
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WuRtZLeSs Send a message via MSN to WuRtZLeSs
I was wondering when this was coming

1) Ryan Suter
2) Timofei Shishkanov
3) Alexander Radulov
4) Scottie Upshall
5) Shea Weber
6) Brian Finley
7) Kevin Klein
8) Konstantin Glazachev
9) Libor Pivko
10) Brandon Segal
11) Teemu Lassila
12) Sergei Soin
13) Richard Stehlik
14) Oliver Setzinger
15) Andrei Mukhachev
16) Alexander Sulzer
17) Simon Gamache
18) Darren Haydar
19) Kirill Safronov
20) Vaclav Miedl

I'd put Radulov ahead of Upshall in terms of potential, but behind Shishkanov just because of the fact Shishkanov is ready to step in soon. I'd put Miedl twentieth, but I'm not entirely sure where he would fit.

WuRtZLeSs is offline  
Old
07-01-2004, 01:37 PM
  #3
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 17,167
vCash: 500
I like this list although I'd put Miedl just in front of Pivko.

triggrman is offline  
Old
07-04-2004, 03:19 PM
  #4
tulsytrid1
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Murfreesbo Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 1,487
vCash: 500
Good list guys. I have been without a computer for a while, so it has taken awhile to catch up on these threads.


I would put Radulov just under Upshall though. Upshall would have had a much better year had he not been hurt.

tulsytrid1 is offline  
Old
07-05-2004, 02:40 PM
  #5
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,276
vCash: 500
I don't want to see..."I agree with so and so's list"...everyone do their own top 20, please, thank you

*BUMP*

Joe T Choker is offline  
Old
07-05-2004, 11:16 PM
  #6
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chattanooga TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,505
vCash: 500
1) Ryan Suter
2) Timofei Shishkanov
3) Alexander Radulov
4) Scottie Upshall
5) Shea Weber
6) Konstantin Glazachev
7) Kevin Klein
8) Brian Finley
9) Richard Stehlik
10)Teemu Lassila
11) Libor Pivko
12) Brandon Segal
13) Gregory Shafigulin
14) Valclav Miedl
15) Alexander Sulzer
16) Andrei Mukhachev
17) Segei Soin
18) Oliver Setzinger
19) Paul Brown
20) Nick Fugure (sp)?

Are Gamache, Hardar, Safronov really prospects anymore? I took them off the list.

__________________
- Enoch -
Enoch is offline  
Old
07-06-2004, 02:03 AM
  #7
hillbilly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 1,590
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
1) Ryan Suter
2) Alexander Radulov
3) Timofei Shishkanov
4) Scottie Upshall
5) Shea Weber
6) Brian Finley
7) Brandon Segal
8) Konstantin Glazachev
9) Kevin Klein
10) Libor Pivko
11) Teemu Lassila
12) Vaclav Meidl
13) Oliver Setzinger
14) Grigory Shafigulin
15) Alexander Sulzer
16) Simon Gamache
17) Darren Haydar
18) Nick Fugere
19) Andrei Mukhachev
20) Paul Brown

hillbilly is offline  
Old
07-06-2004, 02:16 PM
  #8
crossxcheck
Registered User
 
crossxcheck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashvegas
Country: United States
Posts: 2,762
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
1) Ryan Suter
2) Timofei Shishkanov
3) Scottie Upshall
4) Alexander Radulov
5) Shea Weber
6) Konstantin Glazachev
7) Kevin Klein
8) Brian Finley
9) Richard Stehlik
10)Teemu Lassila
11) Libor Pivko
12) Brandon Segal
13) Valclav Miedl
14) Gregory Shafigulin
15) Alexander Sulzer
16) Andrei Mukhachev
17) Segei Soin
18) Oliver Setzinger
19) Nick Fugure (sp)?
20) Paul Brown

crossxcheck is offline  
Old
07-06-2004, 03:38 PM
  #9
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 17,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
I don't want to see..."I agree with so and so's list"...everyone do their own top 20, please, thank you

*BUMP*
1) Ryan Suter 8.0
2) Alexander Radulov 7.8
3) Timofei Shishkanov 7.5
4) Scottie Upshall 7.2
5) Shea Weber 7.2
6) Kevin Klein 7.1
7) Konstantin Glazachev 7.0
8) Brian Finley 7.0
9) Segei Soin 7.0
10) Richard Stehlik 6.8
11) Valclav Miedl 6.5
12) Libor Pivko 6.5
13) Brandon Segal 6.5
14) Teemu Lassila 6.5
15) Gregory Shafigulin 6.3
16) Andrei Mukhachev 6.3
17) Alexander Sulzer 6.0
18) Oliver Setzinger 6.0
19) Nick Fugure 5.5
20) Daniel Widing 5


Last edited by triggrman: 07-06-2004 at 07:57 PM.
triggrman is offline  
Old
07-06-2004, 04:36 PM
  #10
PredsMan
Registered User
 
PredsMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 902
vCash: 500
1) Ryan Suter
2) Alexander Radulov
3) Timofei Shishkanov
4) Scottie Upshall
5) Shea Weber
6) Brian Finley
7) Konstantin Glazachev
8) Kevin Klein
9) Segei Soin
10) Libor Pivko
11) Teemu Lassila
12) Valclav Miedl
13) Brandon Segal
14) Andrei Mukhachev
15) Gregory Shafigulin
16) Richard Stehlik
17) Alexander Sulzer
18) Oliver Setzinger
19) Paul Brown
20) Nick Fugure

PredsMan is offline  
Old
07-06-2004, 10:09 PM
  #11
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,119
vCash: 500
1) Ryan Suter
2) Scottie Upshall
3) Timofei Shishkanov
4) Shea Weber
5) Kevin Klein
6) Teemu Lassila
7) Brandon Segal
8) Janne Niskala
9) Brian Finley
10) Libor Pivko
11) Richard Stehlik
12) Vaclav Meidl
13) Stanislav Bolen
14) Konstantin Glazachev
15) Grigori Shafigulin
16) Andrei Mukhachev
17) Alex Sulzer
18) Oliver Setzinger
19) Michael Santorelli
20) Craig Switzer

I kind of strayed from the path everyone else is on, and I think we got a stud in Janne Niskala, from everything I've heard. I think Glazachev is being rated too high, and Lassila too low. I dropped Finley down a bit, as well. Inserted two pretty exciting scorers in Bolen and Santorelli in. Also took out Fugure, who i think is going to be a long shot and inserted Craig Switzer, one of the best d-men in the BCHL.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
07-06-2004, 10:29 PM
  #12
Wally112pac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,826
vCash: 500
Instead of making a new thread, what do you guys think of Janne Niskala?

With him being a smaller Dman and scoring 21 goals last year i'm guessing he's an offensive defenseman. Do you see him coming over to North America in the future?

Wally112pac is offline  
Old
07-06-2004, 10:46 PM
  #13
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally112pac
Instead of making a new thread, what do you guys think of Janne Niskala?

With him being a smaller Dman and scoring 21 goals last year i'm guessing he's an offensive defenseman. Do you see him coming over to North America in the future?

it's rumored that he might be over here and in the AHL this year, but who knows. he lead the finnish elite league in goals by a defenseman last year, and is described as "kimmo timonen meets marek zidlicky," that is...good skater, terrific shot, great passing and stickhandling...but lacking defensively. a lot of the finns on the boards seem pretty impressed with him.

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
07-06-2004, 10:50 PM
  #14
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chattanooga TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,505
vCash: 500
NMK, you left Radulov off your list .

You have Balen over Glazachev

Enoch is offline  
Old
07-06-2004, 10:56 PM
  #15
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
NMK, you left Radulov off your list .

You have Balen over Glazachev

haha, whoops

glazachev...has never really put up any numbers to back his scouting report, and i have my serious doubts he'll ever even come to north america. i hope i'm wrong. i think we all got excited over the word "sniper," but i just don't have a lot of hope for him.

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
07-06-2004, 11:03 PM
  #16
Wally112pac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
it's rumored that he might be over here and in the AHL this year, but who knows. he lead the finnish elite league in goals by a defenseman last year, and is described as "kimmo timonen meets marek zidlicky," that is...good skater, terrific shot, great passing and stickhandling...but lacking defensively. a lot of the finns on the boards seem pretty impressed with him.

Not bad for a 5th rounder. Thanks for the update.

I don't see him listed on the Preds home page. Probably due to lack of updating.

Wally112pac is offline  
Old
08-03-2004, 07:52 PM
  #17
stardog
Registered User
 
stardog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,979
vCash: 500
Geez guys where's the love for Niskala? He had an amazing year stats wise, has very good size, will use it and while his defense is nothing to write home about, he certainly improved in that area as well this season.
Is it because The Preds have so many top quality offensive D men that he is left off the list or doesnt have a legit chance to make this team?

stardog is online now  
Old
08-03-2004, 08:05 PM
  #18
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chattanooga TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardog
Geez guys where's the love for Niskala? He had an amazing year stats wise, has very good size, will use it and while his defense is nothing to write home about, he certainly improved in that area as well this season.
Is it because The Preds have so many top quality offensive D men that he is left off the list or doesnt have a legit chance to make this team?
Probably a combination of three things:

1.) He is an overager
2.) None of us know a whole lot about him other than stats
3.) We have a lot of good prospects that we DO know more about

Enoch is offline  
Old
08-03-2004, 11:22 PM
  #19
stardog
Registered User
 
stardog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
Probably a combination of three things:

1.) He is an overager
2.) None of us know a whole lot about him other than stats
3.) We have a lot of good prospects that we DO know more about
Well I picked him up in my fantasy league as a late round pick. And it is probably based on those three things why i was able to get him so late.
To be honest with you, he was my favorite pick in my entire draft as i feel he could be one helluva steal for both my fantasy team and the Preds.
I dont know alot about him either, but everything i have read, I really am liking.
I mean TWENTY ONE goals for a DEFENSEMAN in only 55 games is amazing. And along with that size and speed he looks like he could eventualy end up a very good sleeper pick.
I am definatley wanting to see what this kid can do.

stardog is online now  
Old
08-03-2004, 11:44 PM
  #20
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chattanooga TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardog
Well I picked him up in my fantasy league as a late round pick. And it is probably based on those three things why i was able to get him so late.
To be honest with you, he was my favorite pick in my entire draft as i feel he could be one helluva steal for both my fantasy team and the Preds.
I dont know alot about him either, but everything i have read, I really am liking.
I mean TWENTY ONE goals for a DEFENSEMAN in only 55 games is amazing. And along with that size and speed he looks like he could eventualy end up a very good sleeper pick.
I am definatley wanting to see what this kid can do.
We are all hoping he pans out in the fashion that Zidlicky did . If I'm not mistaken, was it not the same league that Marek came from?

Enoch is offline  
Old
08-03-2004, 11:50 PM
  #21
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
We are all hoping he pans out in the fashion that Zidlicky did . If I'm not mistaken, was it not the same league that Marek came from?

yup. both from the sm-liiga, aka The Finnish Elite League

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
08-04-2004, 03:30 PM
  #22
stardog
Registered User
 
stardog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
yup. both from the sm-liiga, aka The Finnish Elite League
except Marek never came close to scoring 21 goals. He did, however, have alot more assists that Niskala.
I seriously want to see what this guy can do at the NHL level.

stardog is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.